[6pack] Rolling Chassis on display at Woodland, CA car show

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Fri May 23 14:23:35 MDT 2008

	Jerry:

	Looking at your web page - dunno if you got your header
installation issues resolved or not, but they are pretty typical for
headers in general. In order to clear the mounting studs a reasonable
solution is to dimple the offending tube using a ball peen hammer. Mark
the spot that gets in the way and dimple it with the ball. It will not
affect flow to any measurable degree.
	I saw that you used a socket headed bolt, and that is also very
helpful. Sadly, warped flanges are also common. You could try using the
Moss heavy duty exhaust gasket, which would help a bit. Your solution of
machining is the best, albeit expensive and time consuming - and
unfortunately there is no guarantee it will not warp again.
	I think that given the premium one pays for stainless, one could
expect to avoid these fitment problems, but apparently not.

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast