[6pack] Electric fan horror story

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Mon May 19 11:34:37 MDT 2008

	Oliver:

	I had to laugh because this is so much like me when I work on a
project.

	1. Get the fan.
	2. Fan doesn't fit. Send fan back, get new fan.
	3. Install new fan. Blow fuse. Correct wiring error made during
installation.
	4. Discover fan is blowing wrong way. Reverse wires. Fan still
blows wrong way.
	5. Remove fan, reverse blades.
	6. Order replacement parts for fan that were damaged during
removal and reversal.
	7. Install fan with new parts.
	8. Drive car - fan makes horrible sounds due to blades hitting
radiator.
	9. Determine that left over fan parts were spacers needed to
prevent blades from hitting
           radiator.
      10. Rummage through trash to find discarded spacers.
	11. Remove fan, reinstall with spacers.
	12... Etc.

	So your experience could have been much worse. *I* could have
been your mechanic.

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom