[6pack] Carb Problems

Mark Steph tr6 at pobox.com
Thu May 15 08:37:09 MDT 2008

Just a guess.  Did you replace the floats?  In my experience the
original 30+ year old floats are far superior to any floats you get
these days.

The last time I rebuilt my carbs, the floats sank within a week or two.
  They are made of some thin plastic that does not hold up under today's
gasoline.  I actually had thrown my old (good) floats away and had to
find used floats from a junkyard.

My guess here is that if you take off the carbs, flip them over and just
take off the bowl, you will find one or both of the floats are full of
gasoline.  (Could also be the float valve clogged up with debris, but
you'll still be in the right vicinity.)