[6pack] paranoid daily driver

N197TR4 at cs.com N197TR4 at cs.com
Tue May 13 10:56:01 MDT 2008

Joe D

In 1998, my wife and I were hit at the front quarter on passenger side at about 50 mph, with on coming station wagon. A LOT of the energy was absorbed with the TR3A spinning 360 degrees. It stayed on it's wheels.

Both of us were well belted in. Likely the difference in major injury or death. Bruising at the seat belts and a torn fingernail was the extent of wife's injuries....TR3A was totaled, but became donor car for my current TR3A.

I might feel just a bit better with a modest roll over bar. (I have one in design, right now, that will incorporate a wind barrier feature) But, I am not likely to give up driving on the road after almost 50 years.

Joe A