[6pack] [TR] Alternate Connecting Rods

N197TR4 at cs.com N197TR4 at cs.com
Tue May 13 09:34:41 MDT 2008

List

I will make an inquiry to see if the con rod work has been done for GT6 & TR6.

(I am not recommending this approach to anyone. It has it's risks)

Christian Marx from Germany and a few others in the US have done this
successfully in the US, including myself, for the TR3/TR4 engines. Research done by
Uncle Jack.

It is also a lighter rod than stock, and Carillos, too. Special wrist pins
can be used for lighter assemblies.....where do you stop?

A little rambling follows....................sorry.

The biggest single performance improvement can be found with a lighter
flywheel. And no downsides. Cost effective....too.

Kas Kastner says that the Six Cylinder engines respond better than the TR4
engines to a lightened flywheel. I dont have any personal experience, myself,
but Kas did extensive Dyno Testing and data acquisition.

The sad part of this, is that Kas tossed of much of his information during a
household move, thinking that no one would be interested in this data...Kas
has brought back some of the information in his three recent books...I highly
recommend them....they make great reading, over and over again.

Joe A

> I don't know if they fit a GT6 engine, but I have a set of 6" Carillo rods
> for a Chevy 350.  Anyonw interested please contact me off list.  Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
> Tom
>
> > From: triumph at 2simpleusa.com

   </HTML>