[6pack] Replacing oil pan gasket

Foster, Stan stan.foster at hp.com
Mon May 12 20:22:11 MDT 2008

In my experience the standard gasket with a thin film of hylomar works well.
If a bolt has stripped it is probably in the front where two of the sump bolts
go into an aluminium block. There are a few longer bolts that go through the
reinforced sections at the rear and if one of these end up at the front there
is a danger of stripping the threads in the sealing block in an attempt to
tighten them. Any stripped threads can be repaired with helicoils or similar.

Stan.