[6pack] Clutch Master Cylinder diameters

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Mon May 12 09:40:13 MDT 2008

 	rml:

	Add to the clutch MC machinations the fact that there have been
numerous substitutions and cross references for the pressure plate on
the TR6. The early TR6 clutch used the Borg and Beck pressure plate
"yellow spot" design, later TR used the Laycock design (no longer
available except rebuilt) which is alleged to have been very light
indeed. Years later, B&B dropped the yellow spot and started
recommending the stiffer "blue spot" which was from a Ford Van, but some
people mistakenly started using the "green spot" clutch which even
stiffer than the blue spot.
	Add to this the fact that people use Sachs pressure plates (I
have no idea where those fit in the spectrum of pressure plates) and you
have a very convoluted issue.
	I was lucky, I found a NOS yellow spot B&B setup, which combined
with the 0.70" MC on my car yields a very light clutch that engages
halfway off the floor. Perfect. My LBC mechanic commented that it was
the lightest TR6 clutch he had ever driven.
	And of course, the stiffer the pressure plate, the more wear on
the thrust washers every time you depress the clutch pedal. So many
issues stem from the choice of pressure plate and clutch MC.

	Cheers,

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom