[6pack] [TR] Ruining rheostats

im sloane im_sloane at hotmail.com
Fri May 9 06:45:51 MDT 2008

John,
Just a word of advice. Be very careful around the headlight switch, as it's
power lead goes directly to the battery, via the starter. Touch that hot wire
to ground and you have a red hot wire burning thru the harness. (as everybody
says, don't ask how I know) A very good upgrade is a circuit breaker between
that switch and the battery.

Good luck finding that short. It's in there somewhere.

Sloane :)

> I even tried changing the head light switch. I'll let you guys know if it >
works when I have all the gauges back in. Obviously, something is > pinching
somewhere, but I just cant see anything wrong. Thanks again, > John Mitchell>