[6pack] Fire Extinguishers

forzion at maine.rr.com forzion at maine.rr.com
Wed May 7 12:42:09 MDT 2008

Bill;

No question halon fire extinguishers are the best.... but the HalGuard HG250C costs $157.95 at Summit Racing! So that's a bit different than just "spending a little more." How about 10x more? Of course, I could simply bite the bullet, hope I never need it, and chalk it up to relatively 'cheap' insurance.....

Thanks,

Dave

---- "W. W. Moine" <bmoine at yahoo.com> wrote:

Just my 2 cents

I think the question you should also ask yourself is do you want to clean up all that powder or would you rather spend a little more and get clean agent like Halguard http://www.h3rperformance.com/halguard_products.htm

Are you aware that most of the powder in the dry powder extinguishers is highly corrosive and will cause damage if not promptly cleaned from metal surfaces?

I personally want to minimize the mess from any fire and carry the 2.5 lb Halguard right behind the seat.  They don't cost as much as you think.

WWM