[6pack] BACK UP LIGHT PROBLEM

michael lunsford mblunsfordsr at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 15:09:58 MDT 2008

   Bob,

   I agree with the suggestion that your problem is probably related to a
   bad ground,  I soldered a pigtail to the ground side of each of the
   light receptacles on each side of my rear lights.  I then crimped an O
   type connector on the other end and attached it to the stud that holds
   the light on.  The problem I had was that the parking lights worked
   fine but when I hit the brakes nothing worked.  I guess this problem
   is probably due to corrosion, the fading of the chrome finish that
   conducts the ground from each receptacle to the body and the mysteries
   of Lucas Electric.  Wonder why they never thought to add that extra
   ground wire to this stuff like everyone else did?

   Mike Lunsford