[6pack] Slow windshield wipers

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Tue May 6 09:42:23 MDT 2008

	Seth:

	Mine were slow too. Try removing, cleaning and greasing the
wiper rack. Then disassemble, clean, and grease the transmission in the
wiper motor housing. Use a light grease, lithium or some such on both
the rack and transmission.
	If that does not do it, then you are looking at replacing the
wiper wheel boxes, which is a tedious job. You must remove the dash, and
then open the access plates on the scuttle to remove and replace them.
Straight forward, but be prepared to wonder if God really intended for
TR6s to have wipers in the first place.
	The wiper motor is surprisingly hardy, if a bit undersized for
the job - so it is unlikely to be the culprit. However, Lucas the prince
of darkness is totally capricious in his moods, so anything is possible.

	Remember, DON'T LET THE SMOKE LEAK OUT OF THE MOTOR.

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast