[6pack] [TR] Carbon on top of pistons - engine experts please help!

Kendall Larsen mailkendall at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 5 19:56:17 MDT 2008

The dudes on the Audi forums seem to think that 'Seafoam' can cure just about anything that's wrong with an engine. They claim that it cleans up oil sludge, breaks down carbon build up... basically anything. I'm not really buying into it, and I think the placebo effect applies in spades! The magic formula to solve all woes is apparently..

1 Can in the fuel tank
1/2 Can in the crankcase (for only a few miles?)
1/2 Can sucked into the intake via a vaccum line. (this step produces tons of smoke)

search on youtube for footage of chuckleheads driving around the their neighborhoods spewing tons of smoke.

Kendall