[6pack] surprise barake problem

Greg Gelhar ggelhar at earthlink.net
Sun May 4 04:46:54 MDT 2008

This does not surprise me. You don't say what part of the country you live,
but here in Minnesota the winters are long and a car in unheated storage is
susceptible to repeated doses of condensation. I suspect your noise and
stronger than normal braking will return to normal after a few miles on the
road.
We had one club members car with a front wheel that would not even turn at
the same time the clutch would not release. Both troubles were fixed by
getting enough volunteers to push the car from its winter hiding place.
After a short drive he was smiling again.

Greg Gelhar
1973 TR6
1980 TR8
Osseo, MN     .

> Subject: [6pack] surprise barake problem
>
> well after starting my winter dormant 74-tr6-started right up-good news,
test dribve discovered upon test braking a grinding noise and slight pull
to right from front left brake; wasn't there-I swear last fal when tucked
away! haven't torn it open-but any suspect ideas? no grinding when moving
kust when strong braking- visual doesn't show any obvious damge. will keep
you updated upon surgery.