[6pack] L.E.D. Replacement 1157 bulbs

TR6UO at aol.com TR6UO at aol.com
Thu May 1 21:26:56 MDT 2008

In a message dated 5/1/2008 1:24:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
im_sloane at hotmail.com writes:

Yea,  Any additional info would be cool. My brother got some at Auto Zone
that only  shot straight out, and they looked terrible, so he took them back. I
assume  you mean these shoot out light in all directions.

thanks,
Sloane :)

Sloane,
Yeah, these have diodes all the way around the "bulb". I found out that the
1157 LEDs in question are manufactured for the heavy truck industry, but are
made with the standard base or wedge-base design, so will work on any such
application. You can see a picture of the 1156 version of the 360 degree LED at
the following website: _http://heavy-dutylighting.com/_
(http://heavy-dutylighting.com/)                      _http://heavy-dutylighting.com/_
(http://heavy-dutylighting.com/)

They come in white, amber and red. My brother was told that even though he
was using the 1157 behind a red lens, he would have the best result  with the
red LED. They're also less expensive than the amber or white, as red is  the
natural color for LEDs and they're less expensive to manufacture. He got  them
at "The Lighthouse" in Sacramento: 800-340-8216. I think they also have a
location in Oakland or Hayward, CA

>  Steve

favorites at AOL Food.