[6pack] Yet another Triumph for sale

John Armstrong siberian at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 13:20:25 MST 2008

Hi everyone,
  About 6 months ago I half-heartedly tried to sell my 1971 TR6 and
thankfully none of you took me up on it. My wife, confronted with the
lack of interest, had no choice but to let me keep it. Thanks for
keeping the trust on that one.

  Now however we are preparing to move to a smaller home (but more
expensive, thanks San Francisco Bay Area!) and this half disassembled
Triumph will have no place there. Thus its time for it to go and I
don't really care how much it goes for.

  Like I said, its a 1971 Tr6. It'll probably start up but its been in
storage in my garage for 2 years while I was remodeling the house. It
has a factory hard-top (was not original on the car though) and no
overdrive. Right now the wings are off it and the interior is entirely
stripped.  All the parts are bagged and stuffed into plastic
containers.

  Rust wise I think she's in good shape. There are a few minor spots
on the sills where the drain eats it away but those are about 1.5"
square and can easily be cut out and patched. The B-Pillers have
surface rust but I ground most of it out and protected it. Thats it
for rust.

  She'll need a new hood and front valance from a minor bender she had
before I brought her home but its nothing significant. The diff mount
is broken as expected as well.

  Don't get me wrong, she is rough. I bought her as a long term
project but that was before 2 kids, a massive remodel and an unplanned
relocation to a better school district.

Make an offer and come get her. Please! I'll eventually get my dream
of restoring a TR6 but not for the next few years.

John in Half Moon Bay, CA. About 20 miles south of San Francisco.