[6pack] Locked Engine

Crouter, Bruce CIC bcrouter at cicorp.sk.ca
Sat Mar 22 11:50:53 MST 2008

Good afternoon all-knowing list!

A friend of mine is interested in buying a circa 1971 TR6.  It is not running
and it won't come out of gear so we don't know if the engine will turn over
and towing is an issue.  The seller says the problem is that the overdrive
solenoid is locked on due to the battery not being connected and therefore it
won't come out of gear.  Does this make any sense or is their another likely
reason?  My TR6 is overdriveless so I know little about them.  Any advice on
how to disengage the engine from the drive train would be greatly appreciated.
Is the overdrive switch on the steering column?  Thanks in advance.

Bruce Crouter
1975 TR6
Saskatchewan