[6pack] still befuddled

Dr L. Kevin McNelis kmcnelis at nmsu.edu
Mon Jun 30 10:10:41 MDT 2008

Shannon,

THANK YOU!  I never would have thought of your solution (you are right,
the strap is missing).

To me, that is the wonder of the list-  I can post some esoteric, weird
problem, and chances are someone will step up and say "yep, happened to
me, here's how to fix it..."

Again, many thanks to all (you too, Bob D for your further explanation).

Kevin

Shannon Muncy wrote:

>This is what's happening:  When you take the key out, you're engaging
the
> steering wheel lock thus creating a ground for the horn.  When you
start the
> car the wheel lock disengages, just breaking the ground with the
steering
> column.

> I would think that you're problem is most like the ground strap that
is
> supposed to exist between the upper steering column and the lower.
Make