[6pack] Choke Cables for SU HS6 Conversion

dmo osternd at copper.net
Sat Jun 28 08:35:05 MDT 2008

If I'm not to late on this, I'll take a WAG at it -

If I recall correctly, the rear fuel bowl on the Triumph 2000/2500 is
mounted 1/8 - 1/4" higher than the front fuel bowl (I'm not sure about
the Volvo and others).  To compensate on the TR6, the float would have
to be adjusted down by this amount which would be challenging to do
(especially with the fixed type float).  Normally the float would be in
a horizontal position when shutting off the fuel and would be pressing
vertically up on the valve.  Dropping the float down to compensate would
cause the float to shut the valve in a less than horizontal position
causing more side load on the needle and might cause the needle to stick
and lead to flooding problems.

I was less than successful in my early attempts to do that on my car.
Once I changed the bowl to the correct one (which did come from a Spit),
no more flooding problems.

Hope that make some sense -

Dale O

Message: 5