[6pack] My ride is too harsh.

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Wed Jun 25 13:11:07 MDT 2008

Rick---To answer your first question: you shouldn't need added spacers unless your camber is too far negative. (Rear wheels lean in too much at the top) The rubber ones you have should otherwise be OK. Adding spacers will also raise the car height, so this has to be considered as well.

TRF (and others) sells springs that are supposed to be 20% stiffer than stock. I installed these about 20 years ago, and find them to be a bit firm, but not objectionably so. I have the same shock combo as you. The car does "crash" over some type of road bumps with this setup. Much less so, when the car is carrying a load.

I don't know what the code is showing for your wheel camber, or if it means the car is not safe to drive. It could just mean that it is out of spec, according to the book on the TR. Lots of owners like more negative camber, for various reasons. This reading should have little to do with the harshness of your ride. If your tire air pressure readings are high, you could try lowering them a little. I wouldn't get below 20lb. front or 24 rear psi, tho.

Dick