[6pack] GP2 cam idle characteristics

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Tue Jun 24 10:21:14 MDT 2008

	Au Contraire, mon ami

	Increasing the rr does indeed increase the overlap. While the
starting/stopping point remains the same, the AREA UNDER THE CURVE
increases by virtue of the faster rates for the valves. Think of it this
way: draw an equilateral triangle. The base defines the LENGTH of the
overlap period, but the area inside the triangle is the SIZE of the
overlap. Now double the height of the triangle without widening the
base. The area inside DOUBLED, but the base stayed the same size.
	This is how rr affects overlap. The length of the overlap period
stays the same, but the distance the valves are open during the overlap
period is greater. Thus a rougher idle.

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom