[6pack] TR250 Head Problem?

David A. Schenck davidaschenck at comcast.net
Mon Jun 23 19:23:31 MDT 2008

I removed my carbs and intake tonight to replace them with a whole new
freshly rebuilt and polished setup.  Once I got everything removed from the
engine I thought I would shine a light in the intake to check on everything.
The first cylinder intake valve appears to be twice as large in diameter as
all of the others.  Is it possible that the valve guide has unseated?  I had
no indication of any problems with the motor to indicate this.  Is this a
simple fix - pop the head off and pop the guide back in place and motor on?
Or am I in big trouble?  I have uploaded a picture -
www.triumphowners.com/1302

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Dave Schenck

'68 TR250