[6pack] ARE Triple ZS heat shield... review and rant!

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Wed Jun 18 19:11:45 MDT 2008

Shawn,
If I understand your rant correctly, this may help you.  I have dual  Z-S
with the stock box and heat shield.  I got tired of the lining up of  the holes
so I got a threaded rod to fit into one bolt hole in each  carb.  I cut two
pieces to the proper length and filed the ends nice and  flat and smooth.  I
threaded one into each carb and then run the heat  shield and the box onto the rod
sticking out and they hold it in place while I  run in the remaining bolts.
When I am done with that I put a nut on the  end of the threaded rod to hold
the box on and adjust the rod so when the nut is  tightened down on the box the
rod does not stick out past the nut.
YMMV
David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L