[6pack] TR6 at Devens SCCA Solo National Tour

Robert Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Mon Jun 9 11:21:23 MDT 2008

Hi,

I ran the SCCA solo NT event this weekend past. That means both as an
entrant and as the event co-chair. WHEW, am I tired. The car ran fine, I
was a little slow dialing in the new tires (I changed to Hoosier slicks),
but wound up with respectable times.

At any rate, there's some pix posted on the NER forums... one is:

http://www.ner.org/v/solo/2008tour/kc/heat2/IMG_8352.JPG.html

There were three Triumphs running, Bob Totten (D Mod Spitfire GT), Dean
van de Carr (E Mod TR6 (with V8 grrrrrrrunt) and Bob Lang (F prepared TR6)

Lots of fun.

On the ride home, one of my truck's calipers stuck on. Lots of smoke, but
no fire. Before I removed the wheel, I used the pyrometer to check the
temps... the caliper was 400+. Yeow! We're getting new parts on there
today. :-)

It was sure nice to drive my TRiumph again!

rml