[6pack] Toothed fan belts

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Fri Jun 6 13:32:51 MDT 2008

Stan---I've used the "toothed" fan belt for several years. No problems
with noise or slippage. I run this belt just taut enough to keep it from
squealing during engine startup. I think it's a Gates belt, but don't
have a number for you.

Dick

 From: stan.foster at hp.com(Foster, Stan)

While shopping for a fan belt yesterday I found the only style I can buy
locally has an inner surface apparently designed by Toblerone. My
original belt is just a solid belt. The reason I'm looking for a new
belt is because as part of this last winters overhaul I installed a
higher output Bosch alternator (the famous 55Amp Ford Fiesta alternator)
and the alternator really needs a longer belt to get it away from number
1 plug.

Are these toothed belts designed for a different application or are they
ok to use to drive the water pump and alternator (I have no mechanical
fan) ?.
Stan