[6pack] Blind Moose Rear shock kit rubbing my tire! anyone else?

Scott Tilton triumph.tr4 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 08:48:43 MDT 2008

Hi all,

I've got the Blind Moose shock kit on my 1970 TR6.
I'm running 205 65R15s on old 15" Panasport wheels.  (They are a little
different than the new ones)

I'm not sure if the offset on the old panasports is different.
I think the previous owner bought them in the early to mid 80's when they
were marketed for Datsun Z cars.
I need to take some good measurements.

Anyway - apparently the inside sidewall of the tire is lightly rubbing the
top corner of the Shock mount.
I was wondering if anyone else had similar problems.

Or - contrarily - if anyone else can share what wheel / tire combination
they are using with the blind moose kit that is NOT rubbing.

Mine only does it when the rear squats hard - fully loaded car, and / or
hard acceleration or cornering.
Which of course I do more often than not.
:-)

Thanks in advance for any of the replies.
Scott