[6pack] Electric fan thermostat and electrics ?

emanteno at comcast.net emanteno at comcast.net
Wed Jan 2 06:25:50 MST 2008

From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster at hp.com>

> Hi and happy new year.
>
> As part of my conversion to Webers I will no longer be using the water circuit
> through that carbs and this will free up that port on the water pump housing.
> I could block it with a brass plug or I could screw in another water temp
> sender unit and have it there as a spare but I was also wondering if I could
> use this port for an Electric fan temp switch ?. I like the electric fan idea
> but I'm not thrilled with the switch arrangements that I have seen so far
> (attach to radiator fins, T adapter in top hose etc). Are there fan switches
> that would fit and work in this port ?

Stan,
Here's a potential solution to your fan switch question. Go to
http://www.revingtontr.com and search for electric fan. One of the hits will be a stainless steel radiator pipe with a built in boss to take a thermostat for the electric fan. They also sell the thermostat. I have a similar arrangement on my TR4 vintage race car, and it is a very clean installation. It won't go into the unused water pump port, but it will give you a better way to do this than many other methods.
HTH,
Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL