[6pack] American Silvestones (vinage type)

Richard Schnyder richards at hollywoodcenter.com
Tue Apr 15 09:47:37 MDT 2008

I have a chance to purchase a set of four American Silverstones (the old
style) off a TR4 race car.

Should it say "American Racing" on the back side of the wheel?

With a wheel off the car, I inserted one of the lug nut washer assemblies
provided. It seemed loose in the wheel lug nut hole.  How do you make sure the
wheel is properly centered when you mount it on the car.  My current set of
Superlight wheels have tapered lug nuts, with tapers in the wheel to properly
center the wheel.

I may need to purchase new lug nuts and washers, any ideas on where ?

Any suggestions about crack testing?

Any suggestions about restoring the looks of these wheels?

Thank you
RichardS
1974 TR6