[6pack] Progress on Andy's TR250 restoration

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Sun Apr 6 14:55:49 MDT 2008

Let me try this again and stay within the allowed 6-Pack file size.....

Andy,
The frame and suspension look great! But you will have to address the pinion
flange and the driveshaft tunnel. It's also something RATCO might want to
know about as more Nissan diff conversions are sold. I had the exact same
problem and you're not going to like hearing the solution that Richard
recommended. I ended up taking a big C-Clamp and flattening the driveshaft
tunnel at the flange area so that I now have 1/2 - 3/4" of clearance. You
have to have sufficient clearance as the nose does dive down a little on
deceleration. You can add his spacing washers to the top of the rear mounts
which will angle the nose up but, per Richard, "the boss that is welded on
to the bottom washer must bottom out against the frame stud" If you remove
one of the rear bottom washers & flip it over you'll see now it's made to
fit over the frame stud. I haven't had time to update my site with pictures
of this but it's coming.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection