[6pack] Ratco is here!

Andrew Packard apackard68 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 20 20:24:16 MST 2007

I talked quite a bit about the frame with Tony during the ordering and
building process.  He made it very clear that he builds the frame to
original specs (see your Bentley manual for those) but our frames, as many
as 40 years old, have likely sagged and taken the body with it.  My
restoration plan includes mounting the unrestored body on the new frame,
attaching the exterior panels and shimming the body for correct gaps, and
then re-bracing the doors after the new adjustments.  We'll then remove the
body so I can restore all of the suspension parts while the body repairs are
taking place.  I'll wheel the totally restored body back to the body shop to
have the restored body lowered on to it, hopefully returning to the aligned
holes from our initial effort.  Stay tuned for more play-by-play over the
next few months.

Andy

  _____