Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] MG TD <zmagnette.autox.team.net> <[email-masked]>

From: "Isabel and Wayne Hardy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 05:25:06 -0500

The Volvo made such a good transplant for several reasons..not the least of 
which was that the carbs were on the same side as the MG TDs so didn't 
interfere with steering as did Austin based motors. We did a Willis Jeep OHV 
4 cylinder transplant in our club long ago ('50s)...made a nice little 
hotrod once he got a proper gear set in it so it would go faster than 65 MPH 
at about 4550 rpm. Of course the little baby Ford V-8 60 was the best.
I found a Coventry Climax motor in a fork truck once but never did anything 
with it!!! That would have been a nice TD too.

Wombat

-----Original Message----- 
From: Steve
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2014 6:53 PM
To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] MG TD

Must be the 4cyl 100-4 Healey ,  I sure can't imagine getting the 6 cyl lump
in there.  Yaw, the Volvo was a pretty common transplant.  We have two in
our own local Club.

Someone must be crying about one less 4 cyl Healey engine available.
ORRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr  rrrr  rr   r :  Maybe they used a Sprite/Spridget 1275
A series . . . . that would surely fit, and actually about the same cc size

-----Original Message----- 
From: Arch Boston
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2014 2:57 PM
To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America
Subject: [Zmagnette] MG TD

I got an auction brochure for an upcoming Leake auction in today's mail.  I
will not be bidding, however, I was surprised to see a TD on page 13 with a
Healey running gear.  I remember Road and Track magazine touting an
"improvement" for TDs, fitting a Volvo engine.  Never remember anything
about a Healey anything being fitted.  My memory shakey?  Arch

Sent from my iPad
_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive