Subject: [Zmagnette] MG TD <zmagnette.autox.team.net> <[email-masked]>

From: Arch Boston <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:57:58 -0400

I got an auction brochure for an upcoming Leake auction in today's mail.  I will not be bidding, however, I was surprised to see a TD on page 13 with a Healey running gear.  I remember Road and Track magazine touting an "improvement" for TDs, fitting a Volvo engine.  Never remember anything about a Healey anything being fitted.  My memory shakey?  Arch

Sent from my iPad
_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Steve" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 16:53:01 -0700

Must be the 4cyl 100-4 Healey ,  I sure can't imagine getting the 6 cyl lump 
in there.  Yaw, the Volvo was a pretty common transplant.  We have two in 
our own local Club.

Someone must be crying about one less 4 cyl Healey engine available. 
ORRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr  rrrr  rr   r :  Maybe they used a Sprite/Spridget 1275 
A series . . . . that would surely fit, and actually about the same cc size

-----Original Message----- 
From: Arch Boston
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2014 2:57 PM
To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America
Subject: [Zmagnette] MG TD

I got an auction brochure for an upcoming Leake auction in today's mail.  I 
will not be bidding, however, I was surprised to see a TD on page 13 with a 
Healey running gear.  I remember Road and Track magazine touting an 
"improvement" for TDs, fitting a Volvo engine.  Never remember anything 
about a Healey anything being fitted.  My memory shakey?  Arch

Sent from my iPad

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]