Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Wiring diagrams and windscreens <[email-masked]> <zmagnette.autox.team.net>

From: "John Park" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 14:02:45 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0709028451==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000D_01CF0955.A4BE2A70"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01CF0955.A4BE2A70
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

What's the status on these diagrams?

From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of John Perkins
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 12:52 PM
To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Wiring diagrams and windscreens

Rick and Allen:
    As I'm sitting in hotel rooms, I could reproduce the wiring diagram in
Visio and color the wires in as correct a color as Visio will allow.  Then
output it as a PDF file that anyone could print on either 8.5 by 11 or 11 by
17 paper.  We could even use this to fix the problem with the wiper motor
wiring that is in the factory shop manual.
    Perkins

On 12/6/2013 11:07 AM, Richard Greenberg wrote:

Allen et al.,

Regarding (1):  I would be happy to scan the wiring diagrams from the shop
manual.  My scanner is a cheap hp printer, but it could produce a workable
digital image.  Then anyone could print and laminate their own from the
digital file.  

If you want an artistic version, suitable for framing, you might want to use
a better scanner though.

Let me know if you want a digital scan.

--Rick

On Dec 5, 2013, at 11:28 PM, Allen Bachelder wrote:

In a recent phone conversation with one of our own, two concerns arose which
I promised to address about a week ago.  I apologize for the delay, but my
past week has been memorable for its interruptions.   

Two questions:

1.)  Is there somebody in our noble band who either could or would be
interested in making up enlarged wiring diagrams for the Magnette. I know
there are at least four of them, and maybe some choices would have to be
made, but did somebody volunteer that they could provide an 11 X 17 wiring
diagram copy either laminated or suitable for lamination? If you are not
such a person but have access to equipment that could produce same, for a
PRICE of course, I can guaranty you sales of two of these from the get-go.
I know we discussed this at some time but cannot recall how we left it.

2.) We also focused on a windscreen thread a year or two ago, and somebody
found that Pilkington (?name?) had a US distribution center (somewhere in
Ohio?) from which we might be able to expect a supply of new windscreens.
Is there a follow-up story here? There are those of us who either need one
or would buy one as a spare should they become available.  Once again, any
new information about this would certainly be welcome.  I know the nightmare
Steve Hanegan went through to land a shipment of windscreens and rear
Varitone glasses here in the US of A.  I suspect a good many of those of us
of the Varitone persuasion would be cheered to find a stash of these bits
available in North America, but I wouldn't wish this task on Steve again for
anything.  So... can anybody report anything new on this concern?

Many thanks to anybody who can contribute to this conversation! 

Holiday Cheers,

Allen

**************************************************************** 

Allen & Florrie Bachelder       =iii=<
Spring Creek Home for Wayward MGs

'57 ZB, '65 B, '69 C/GT, '73 B/GT

North Street, MI 48049, USA

http://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs 

****************************************************************

_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list
 
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01CF0955.A4BE2A70
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Helvetica;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";
	color:black;}
span.apple-style-span
	{mso-style-name:apple-style-span;}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:"Consolas","serif";
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'=
>What&#8217;s the status on these diagrams?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:window=
text'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:window=
text'> [email-masked] =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>John =
Perkins<br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, December 06, 2013 12:52 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
List for the Z Magnette Group - North America<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: =
[Zmagnette] Wiring diagrams and =
windscreens<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Rick =
and Allen:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As I'm sitting in hotel rooms, I could =
reproduce the wiring diagram in Visio and color the wires in as correct =
a color as Visio will allow.&nbsp; Then output it as a PDF file that =
anyone could print on either 8.5 by 11 or 11 by 17 paper.&nbsp; We could =
even use this to fix the problem with the wiper motor wiring that is in =
the factory shop manual.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Perkins<br><br>On =
12/6/2013 11:07 AM, Richard Greenberg =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Allen et al.,<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Regarding (1): &nbsp;I would be happy to scan the =
wiring diagrams from the shop manual. &nbsp;My scanner is a cheap hp =
printer, but it could produce a workable digital image. &nbsp;Then =
anyone could print and laminate their own from the digital file. =
&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>If you want an artistic version, suitable for framing, =
you might want to use a better scanner =
though.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Let me know if you want a digital =
scan.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>--Rick<o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
Dec 5, 2013, at 11:28 PM, Allen Bachelder wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>In a recent phone conversation with one of our own, =
two concerns arose which I promised to address about a week ago. &nbsp;I =
apologize for the delay, but my past week has been memorable for its =
interruptions. &nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Two questions:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-left:30.0pt;margin-right:0in'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>1.) &nbsp;Is there somebody in our noble band who =
either could or would be interested in making up enlarged wiring =
diagrams for the Magnette. I know there are at least four of them, and =
maybe some choices would have to be made, but did somebody volunteer =
that they could provide an 11 X 17 wiring diagram copy either laminated =
or suitable for lamination? If you are not such a person but have access =
to equipment that could produce same, for a PRICE of course, I can =
guaranty you sales of two of these from the get-go. &nbsp;I know we =
discussed this at some time but cannot recall how we left =
it.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>2.) We also focused on a windscreen thread a year or =
two ago, and somebody found that Pilkington (?name?) had a US =
distribution center (somewhere in Ohio?) from which we might be able to =
expect a supply of new windscreens. &nbsp;Is there a follow-up story =
here? There are those of us who either need one or would buy one as a =
spare should they become available. &nbsp;Once again, any new =
information about this would certainly be welcome. &nbsp;I know the =
nightmare Steve Hanegan went through to land a shipment of windscreens =
and rear Varitone glasses here in the US of A. &nbsp;I suspect a good =
many of those of us of the Varitone persuasion would be cheered to find =
a stash of these bits available in North America, but I wouldn't wish =
this task on Steve again for anything. &nbsp;So... can anybody report =
anything new on this concern?<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Many thanks to anybody who can contribute to this =
conversation! <o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Holiday Cheers,<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Allen<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3Dapple-style-span><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif"'>**********=
******************************************************</span></i></b></sp=
an><span class=3Dapple-style-span><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif"'> =
</span></span><span class=3Dapple-style-span><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif"'><o:p></o:=
p></span></span></p><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><di=
v><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif"'>Allen =
&amp; Florrie Bachelder &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; =3Diii=3D&lt;<br>Spring =
Creek Home for Wayward MGs</span></i></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif"'>'57 ZB, =
'65 B, '69 C/GT, '73 B/GT</span></i></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif"'><o:p></o:p=
></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif"'>North =
Street, MI 48049, USA</span></i></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif"'><o:p></o:p=
></span></p></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div><=
/div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3Dapple-style-span><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif"'><a =
href=3D"http://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs">http://www.mgexperie=
nce.net/member/bachldrs</a></span></i></b></span><span =
class=3Dapple-style-span><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif"'> =
</span></span><span class=3Dapple-style-span><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt'><o:p></o:p></span></span></p><div><div><div><d=
iv><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div>=
<div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3Dapple-style-span><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif"'>**********=
******************************************************</span></span><o:p>=
</o:p></p></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></d=
iv></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></di=
v></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>__________________________________________=
_____<br>Zmagnette mailing list<br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>F=
orums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Uns=
ubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
zona.edu">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
rizona.edu</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><pre>___________________=
____________________________<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Zmagnette mailing =
list<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p>=
</o:p></pre><pre>Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><o:p></=
o:p></pre><pre>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/wrench@attglobal.=
net">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_000D_01CF0955.A4BE2A70--

--===============0709028451==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0709028451==--

---

From: Steve Hanegan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 11:11:39 -0800

--===============0815711871==

--Apple-Mail=_AE89C08A-215D-4F0D-9889-8473E52697CC
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

Mine are all laid out, marked up and ready to take to the printer at a =
moment's notice. Though they are in black and white, the numerical codes =
for the wire colors are directly above the diagram and easy to see. They =
are a bit larger than 11"x17" at 16" x 24". Provisions have been made =
for the 4 variations: ZA RHD, ZA LHD (semaphore - no flashing), ZB RHD =
and ZB LHD (flashing indicators). I have corrected the diagram for self =
parking wipers, but not for the inclusion of semaphores on a car not =
originally equipped with them. I believe that Paul Barrow at one point =
created and shared a diagram for this mod. If it is important to folks =
and if I can find it, this can be added to the schematic as well.

Steve H.

On Jan 4, 2014, at 11:02 AM, John Park <[email-masked]> wrote:

> What=92s the status on these diagrams?
> =20
> From: [email-masked] =
> =20
>     As I'm sitting in hotel rooms, I could reproduce the wiring =
diagram in Visio and color the wires in as correct a color as Visio will =
allow.  Then output it as a PDF file that anyone could print on either =
8.5 by 11 or 11 by 17 paper.  We could even use this to fix the problem =
with the wiper motor wiring that is in the factory shop manual.
>=20
> =20
> Regarding (1):  I would be happy to scan the wiring diagrams from the =
shop manual.  My scanner is a cheap hp printer, but it could produce a =
workable digital image.  Then anyone could print and laminate their own =
from the digital file. =20
> =20
> If you want an artistic version, suitable for framing, you might want =
to use a better scanner though.
> =20
> =20
> =20
>=20
>=20
> In a recent phone conversation with one of our own, two concerns arose =
which I promised to address about a week ago.  I apologize for the =
delay, but my past week has been memorable for its interruptions. =20
> =20
> Two questions:
> 1.)  Is there somebody in our noble band who either could or would be =
interested in making up enlarged wiring diagrams for the Magnette. I =
know there are at least four of them, and maybe some choices would have =
to be made, but did somebody volunteer that they could provide an 11 X =
17 wiring diagram copy either laminated or suitable for lamination? If =
you are not such a person but have access to equipment that could =
produce same, for a PRICE of course, I can guaranty you sales of two of =
these from the get-go.  I know we discussed this at some time but cannot =
recall how we left it.
> =20
> 2.) We also focused on a windscreen thread a year or two ago, and =
somebody found that Pilkington (?name?) had a US distribution center =
(somewhere in Ohio?) from which we might be able to expect a supply of =
new windscreens.  Is there a follow-up story here? There are those of us =
who either need one or would buy one as a spare should they become =
available.  Once again, any new information about this would certainly =
be welcome.  I know the nightmare Steve Hanegan went through to land a =
shipment of windscreens and rear Varitone glasses here in the US of A.  =
I suspect a good many of those of us of the Varitone persuasion would be =
cheered to find a stash of these bits available in North America, but I =
wouldn't wish this task on Steve again for anything.  So... can anybody =
report anything new on this concern?
> =20
> =20
> Allen & Florrie Bachelder       =3Diii=3D<
> =20
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> =20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
> =20
> =20
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]
>=20

--Apple-Mail=_AE89C08A-215D-4F0D-9889-8473E52697CC
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dwindows-1252"><base href=3D"x-msg://359/"></head><body =
style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">Mine are all laid out, marked =
up and ready to take to the printer at a moment's notice. Though they =
are in black and white, the numerical codes for the wire colors are =
directly above the diagram and easy to see. They are a bit larger than =
11"x17" at 16" x 24". Provisions have been made for the 4 variations: ZA =
RHD, ZA LHD (semaphore - no flashing), ZB RHD and ZB LHD (flashing =
indicators). I have corrected the diagram for self parking wipers, but =
not for the inclusion of semaphores on a car not originally equipped =
with them. I believe that Paul Barrow at one point created and shared a =
diagram for this mod. If it is important to folks and if I can find it, =
this can be added to the schematic as well.<div><br></div><div>Steve =
H.</div><div><br><div><div>On Jan 4, 2014, at 11:02 AM, John Park &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div =
bgcolor=3D"white" lang=3D"EN-US" link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"purple" =
style=3D"font-family: 'Century Gothic'; font-size: medium; font-style: =
normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div class=3D"WordSection1" =
style=3D"page: WordSection1; "><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; "><span =
style=3D"font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, =
73, 125); ">What=92s the status on these =
diagrams?<o:p></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; "><span =
style=3D"font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, =
73, 125); ">&nbsp;</span></div><div><div style=3D"border-style: solid =
none none; border-top-width: 1pt; border-top-color: rgb(225, 225, 225); =
padding: 3pt 0in 0in; "><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; "><b><span =
style=3D"font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; color: =
windowtext; ">From:</span></b><span style=3D"font-size: 11pt; =
font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; color: windowtext; "><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline; ">[email-masked]</a><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>[mailto:zmagnette-<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline; ">[email-masked]</a>]<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><b>On Behalf Of<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></b>John =
Perkins<br><b>Sent:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Friday, December 06, 2013 =
12:52 PM<br><b>To:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>List for the Z Magnette =
Group - North America<br><b>Subject:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Re: [Zmagnette] Wiring =
diagrams and windscreens<o:p></o:p></span></div></div></div><div =
style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times =
New Roman', serif; "><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div><div><div style=3D"margin: =
0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', =
serif; ">Rick and Allen:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As I'm sitting in hotel =
rooms, I could reproduce the wiring diagram in Visio and color the wires =
in as correct a color as Visio will allow.&nbsp; Then output it as a PDF =
file that anyone could print on either 8.5 by 11 or 11 by 17 =
paper.&nbsp; We could even use this to fix the problem with the wiper =
motor wiring that is in the factory shop manual.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Perkins<br><br>On 12/6/2013 11:07 AM, Richard Greenberg =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></div></div><blockquote style=3D"margin-top: 5pt; =
margin-bottom: 5pt; "><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; ">Allen et =
al.,<o:p></o:p></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
">Regarding (1): &nbsp;I would be happy to scan the wiring diagrams from =
the shop manual. &nbsp;My scanner is a cheap hp printer, but it could =
produce a workable digital image. &nbsp;Then anyone could print and =
laminate their own from the digital file. =
&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; ">If =
you want an artistic version, suitable for framing, you might want to =
use a better scanner though.<o:p></o:p></div></div><div><div =
style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times =
New Roman', serif; "><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div></div><div><div =
style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times =
New Roman', serif; ">Let me know if you want a digital =
scan.<o:p></o:p></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
">--Rick<o:p></o:p></div></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div><div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; ">On =
Dec 5, 2013, at 11:28 PM, Allen Bachelder =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></div></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><br><br><o:p></o:p></div><blockquote style=3D"margin-top: 5pt; =
margin-bottom: 5pt; "><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; ">In a recent =
phone conversation with one of our own, two concerns arose which I =
promised to address about a week ago. &nbsp;I apologize for the delay, =
but my past week has been memorable for its interruptions. =
&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; ">Two =
questions:<o:p></o:p></div></div><blockquote style=3D"margin-left: 30pt; =
margin-right: 0in; "><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; ">1.) &nbsp;Is =
there somebody in our noble band who either could or would be interested =
in making up enlarged wiring diagrams for the Magnette. I know there are =
at least four of them, and maybe some choices would have to be made, but =
did somebody volunteer that they could provide an 11 X 17 wiring diagram =
copy either laminated or suitable for lamination? If you are not such a =
person but have access to equipment that could produce same, for a PRICE =
of course, I can guaranty you sales of two of these from the get-go. =
&nbsp;I know we discussed this at some time but cannot recall how we =
left it.<o:p></o:p></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; ">2.) =
We also focused on a windscreen thread a year or two ago, and somebody =
found that Pilkington (?name?) had a US distribution center (somewhere =
in Ohio?) from which we might be able to expect a supply of new =
windscreens. &nbsp;Is there a follow-up story here? There are those of =
us who either need one or would buy one as a spare should they become =
available. &nbsp;Once again, any new information about this would =
certainly be welcome. &nbsp;I know the nightmare Steve Hanegan went =
through to land a shipment of windscreens and rear Varitone glasses here =
in the US of A. &nbsp;I suspect a good many of those of us of the =
Varitone persuasion would be cheered to find a stash of these bits =
available in North America, but I wouldn't wish this task on Steve again =
for anything. &nbsp;So... can anybody report anything new on this =
concern?<o:p></o:p></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div></div></blockquote><div style=3D"margin: 0in =
0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
">Many thanks to anybody who can contribute to this =
conversation!<o:p></o:p></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
">Holiday Cheers,<o:p></o:p></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in =
0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
">Allen<o:p></o:p></div><div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><span class=3D"apple-style-span"><b><i><span style=3D"font-size: 9pt; =
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif; =
">****************************************************************</span><=
/i></b></span><span class=3D"apple-style-span"><span style=3D"font-size: =
13.5pt; font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif; "></span></span><span =
class=3D"apple-style-span"><span style=3D"font-size: 13.5pt; =
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif; =
"><o:p></o:p></span></span></div><div><div><div><div style=3D"margin: =
0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', =
serif; "><b><i><span style=3D"font-size: 9pt; font-family: Helvetica, =
sans-serif; ">Allen &amp; Florrie Bachelder &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; =
=3Diii=3D&lt;<br>Spring Creek Home for Wayward MGs</span></i></b><span =
style=3D"font-size: 9pt; "><o:p></o:p></span></div></div><div><div =
style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times =
New Roman', serif; "><b><i><span style=3D"font-size: 9pt; font-family: =
Helvetica, sans-serif; ">'57 ZB, '65 B, '69 C/GT, '73 =
B/GT</span></i></b><span style=3D"font-size: 9pt; font-family: =
Helvetica, sans-serif; "><o:p></o:p></span></div></div><div><div =
style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times =
New Roman', serif; "><b><i><span style=3D"font-size: 9pt; font-family: =
Helvetica, sans-serif; ">North Street, MI 48049, USA</span></i></b><span =
style=3D"font-size: 9pt; font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif; =
"><o:p></o:p></span></div></div></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><span class=3D"apple-style-span"><b><i><span style=3D"font-size: 9pt; =
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif; "><a =
href=3D"http://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs" style=3D"color: =
purple; text-decoration: underline; =
">http://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs</a></span></i></b></span><sp=
an class=3D"apple-style-span"><span style=3D"font-size: 13.5pt; =
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif; "></span></span><span =
class=3D"apple-style-span"><span style=3D"font-size: 13.5pt; =
"><o:p></o:p></span></span></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><span class=3D"apple-style-span"><span style=3D"font-size: 9pt; =
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif; =
">****************************************************************</span><=
/span><o:p></o:p></div></div></div></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div></div></div></div><p class=3D"MsoNormal" =
style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 12pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New =
Roman', serif; =
">_______________________________________________<br>Zmagnette mailing =
list<br><br>Donate:<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline; =
">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline; =
">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline; =
">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
ona.edu" style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline; =
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
u</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><br><br><br><br><o:p></o:p></div><pre style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'Courier New'; =
">_______________________________________________<o:p></o:p></pre><pre =
style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: =
'Courier New'; ">Zmagnette mailing list<o:p></o:p></pre><pre =
style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: =
'Courier New'; "><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'Courier New'; ">Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline; =
">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre =
style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: =
'Courier New'; ">Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline; =
">http://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre style=3D"margin: =
0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'Courier New'; ">Forums: =
<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline; =
">http://www.team.net/forums</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre style=3D"margin: =
0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'Courier New'; =
">Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
et" style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline; =
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]</a>=
<o:p></o:p></pre><pre style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: =
10pt; font-family: 'Courier New'; =
"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre></blockquote><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div></div>___________________________________________=
____<br>Zmagnette mailing list<br><br>Donate:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline; =
">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline; =
">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline; =
">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/steve@betterwitnes=
ses.com" style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline; =
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
m</a><br><br></div></blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_AE89C08A-215D-4F0D-9889-8473E52697CC--

--===============0815711871==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0815711871==--

---

From: John Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 15:28:36 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0039572188==
 boundary="------------040003080406080406020307"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------040003080406080406020307
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

John:
     It has proven a bit more challenging than I first thought, also, I 
had to take off the weeks around Christmas and New Year's Eve to be with 
my family instead of working at my computer.  I've been sharing updates 
with our esteemed leader to get his input and I've incorporated his 
suggestions.  I'll likely finish the first draft in the next couple of 
weeks and get it ready for technical review.
     Perkins

On 1/4/2014 1:02 PM, John Park wrote:
> *From:[email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of *John Perkins
> *Sent:* Friday, December 06, 2013 12:52 PM
> *To:* List for the Z Magnette Group - North America
> *Subject:* Re: [Zmagnette] Wiring diagrams and windscreens
>
> Rick and Allen:
>     As I'm sitting in hotel rooms, I could reproduce the wiring 
> diagram in Visio and color the wires in as correct a color as Visio 
> will allow.  Then output it as a PDF file that anyone could print on 
> either 8.5 by 11 or 11 by 17 paper.  We could even use this to fix the 
> problem with the wiper motor wiring that is in the factory shop manual.
>     Perkins
>
>     Regarding (1):  I would be happy to scan the wiring diagrams from
>     the shop manual.  My scanner is a cheap hp printer, but it could
>     produce a workable digital image.  Then anyone could print and
>     laminate their own from the digital file.
>
>     If you want an artistic version, suitable for framing, you might
>     want to use a better scanner though.
>
>         In a recent phone conversation with one of our own, two
>         concerns arose which I promised to address about a week ago.
>          I apologize for the delay, but my past week has been
>         memorable for its interruptions.
>
>         Two questions:
>
>             1.)  Is there somebody in our noble band who either could
>             or would be interested in making up enlarged wiring
>             diagrams for the Magnette. I know there are at least four
>             of them, and maybe some choices would have to be made, but
>             did somebody volunteer that they could provide an 11 X 17
>             wiring diagram copy either laminated or suitable for
>             lamination? If you are not such a person but have access
>             to equipment that could produce same, for a PRICE of
>             course, I can guaranty you sales of two of these from the
>             get-go.  I know we discussed this at some time but cannot
>             recall how we left it.
>
>             2.) We also focused on a windscreen thread a year or two
>             ago, and somebody found that Pilkington (?name?) had a US
>             distribution center (somewhere in Ohio?) from which we
>             might be able to expect a supply of new windscreens.  Is
>             there a follow-up story here? There are those of us who
>             either need one or would buy one as a spare should they
>             become available.  Once again, any new information about
>             this would certainly be welcome.  I know the nightmare
>             Steve Hanegan went through to land a shipment of
>             windscreens and rear Varitone glasses here in the US of A.
>              I suspect a good many of those of us of the Varitone
>             persuasion would be cheered to find a stash of these bits
>             available in North America, but I wouldn't wish this task
>             on Steve again for anything.  So... can anybody report
>             anything new on this concern?
>
>         */****************************************************************/*
>
>         */Allen & Florrie Bachelder   =iii=<
>         Spring Creek Home for Wayward MGs/*
>
>         */'57 ZB, '65 B, '69 C/GT, '73 B/GT/*
>
>         */North Street, MI 48049, USA/*
>
>         */http://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs/*
>
>         Unsubscribe/Manage:
>     Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
>
>     Archive:http://www.team.net/archive
>
>     Forums:http://www.team.net/forums
>
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]
>
>       
>
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]
>

--------------040003080406080406020307
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">John:<br>
      &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It has proven a bit more challenging than I first thought,
      also, I had to take off the weeks around Christmas and New Year's
      Eve to be with my family instead of working at my computer.&nbsp; I've
      been sharing updates with our esteemed leader to get his input and
      I've incorporated his suggestions.&nbsp; I'll likely finish the first
      draft in the next couple of weeks and get it ready for technical
      review.<br>
      &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Perkins<br>
      <br>
      On 1/4/2014 1:02 PM, John Park wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=ISO-8859-1">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered
        medium)">
      <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Helvetica;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";
	color:black;}
span.apple-style-span
	{mso-style-name:apple-style-span;}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:"Consolas","serif";
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D">What&#8217;s
            the status on these diagrams?<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>
        <div>
          <div style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1
            1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:windowtext">From:</span></b><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:windowtext">
                <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
                [<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>] <b>On Behalf
                  Of </b>John Perkins<br>
                <b>Sent:</b> Friday, December 06, 2013 12:52 PM<br>
                <b>To:</b> List for the Z Magnette Group - North America<br>
                <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Zmagnette] Wiring diagrams and
                windscreens<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal">Rick and Allen:<br>
            &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As I'm sitting in hotel rooms, I could reproduce the
            wiring diagram in Visio and color the wires in as correct a
            color as Visio will allow.&nbsp; Then output it as a PDF file
            that anyone could print on either 8.5 by 11 or 11 by 17
            paper.&nbsp; We could even use this to fix the problem with the
            wiper motor wiring that is in the factory shop manual.<br>
            &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Perkins<br>
            <br>
            On 12/6/2013 11:07 AM, Richard Greenberg wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
        <blockquote style="margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt">
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal">Allen et al.,<o:p></o:p></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal">Regarding (1): &nbsp;I would be happy to
              scan the wiring diagrams from the shop manual. &nbsp;My scanner
              is a cheap hp printer, but it could produce a workable
              digital image. &nbsp;Then anyone could print and laminate their
              own from the digital file. &nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal">If you want an artistic version,
              suitable for framing, you might want to use a better
              scanner though.<o:p></o:p></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal">Let me know if you want a digital scan.<o:p></o:p></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal">--Rick<o:p></o:p></p>
          </div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
          <div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal">On Dec 5, 2013, at 11:28 PM, Allen
                Bachelder wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
            </div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><br>
              <br>
              <o:p></o:p></p>
            <blockquote style="margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt">
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal">In a recent phone conversation with
                  one of our own, two concerns arose which I promised to
                  address about a week ago. &nbsp;I apologize for the delay,
                  but my past week has been memorable for its
                  interruptions. &nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p>
                <div>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
                </div>
                <div>
                  <p class="MsoNormal">Two questions:<o:p></o:p></p>
                </div>
                <blockquote style="margin-left:30.0pt;margin-right:0in">
                  <div>
                    <p class="MsoNormal">1.) &nbsp;Is there somebody in our
                      noble band who either could or would be interested
                      in making up enlarged wiring diagrams for the
                      Magnette. I know there are at least four of them,
                      and maybe some choices would have to be made, but
                      did somebody volunteer that they could provide an
                      11 X 17 wiring diagram copy either laminated or
                      suitable for lamination? If you are not such a
                      person but have access to equipment that could
                      produce same, for a PRICE of course, I can
                      guaranty you sales of two of these from the
                      get-go. &nbsp;I know we discussed this at some time but
                      cannot recall how we left it.<o:p></o:p></p>
                  </div>
                  <div>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
                  </div>
                  <div>
                    <p class="MsoNormal">2.) We also focused on a
                      windscreen thread a year or two ago, and somebody
                      found that Pilkington (?name?) had a US
                      distribution center (somewhere in Ohio?) from
                      which we might be able to expect a supply of new
                      windscreens. &nbsp;Is there a follow-up story here?
                      There are those of us who either need one or would
                      buy one as a spare should they become available.
                      &nbsp;Once again, any new information about this would
                      certainly be welcome. &nbsp;I know the nightmare Steve
                      Hanegan went through to land a shipment of
                      windscreens and rear Varitone glasses here in the
                      US of A. &nbsp;I suspect a good many of those of us of
                      the Varitone persuasion would be cheered to find a
                      stash of these bits available in North America,
                      but I wouldn't wish this task on Steve again for
                      anything. &nbsp;So... can anybody report anything new
                      on this concern?<o:p></o:p></p>
                  </div>
                  <div>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
                  </div>
                </blockquote>
                <p class="MsoNormal">Many thanks to anybody who can
                  contribute to this conversation! <o:p></o:p></p>
                <div>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
                </div>
                <div>
                  <p class="MsoNormal">Holiday Cheers,<o:p></o:p></p>
                </div>
                <div>
                  <p class="MsoNormal">Allen<o:p></o:p></p>
                  <div>
                    <div>
                      <div>
                        <div>
                          <div>
                            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                                class="apple-style-span"><b><i><span
style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">****************************************************************</span></i></b></span><span
                                class="apple-style-span"><span
style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">
                                </span></span><span
                                class="apple-style-span"><span
style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"><o:p></o:p></span></span></p>
                            <div>
                              <div>
                                <div>
                                  <div>
                                    <div>
                                      <div>
                                        <div>
                                          <div>
                                            <div>
                                              <div>
                                                <div>
                                                  <div>
                                                    <div>
                                                      <div>
                                                        <div>
                                                          <div>
                                                          <div>
                                                          <div>
                                                          <div>
                                                          <div>
                                                          <p
                                                          class="MsoNormal"><b><i><span
style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Allen
                                                          &amp; Florrie
                                                          Bachelder &nbsp; &nbsp;
                                                          &nbsp; =iii=&lt;<br>
                                                          Spring Creek
                                                          Home for
                                                          Wayward MGs</span></i></b><span
style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
                                                          </div>
                                                          <div>
                                                          <p
                                                          class="MsoNormal"><b><i><span
style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">'57
                                                          ZB, '65 B, '69
                                                          C/GT, '73 B/GT</span></i></b><span
style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
                                                          </div>
                                                          <div>
                                                          <p
                                                          class="MsoNormal"><b><i><span
style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">North
                                                          Street, MI
                                                          48049, USA</span></i></b><span
style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
                                                          </div>
                                                          </div>
                                                          </div>
                                                          </div>
                                                          </div>
                                                        </div>
                                                      </div>
                                                    </div>
                                                  </div>
                                                </div>
                                              </div>
                                            </div>
                                          </div>
                                        </div>
                                      </div>
                                    </div>
                                  </div>
                                </div>
                              </div>
                              <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                                  class="apple-style-span"><b><i><span
style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"><a
                                          moz-do-not-send="true"
                                          href="http://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs">http://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs</a></span></i></b></span><span
                                  class="apple-style-span"><span
style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">
                                  </span></span><span
                                  class="apple-style-span"><span
                                    style="font-size:13.5pt"><o:p></o:p></span></span></p>
                              <div>
                                <div>
                                  <div>
                                    <div>
                                      <div>
                                        <div>
                                          <div>
                                            <div>
                                              <div>
                                                <div>
                                                  <div>
                                                    <div>
                                                      <div>
                                                        <div>
                                                          <div>
                                                          <div>
                                                          <div>
                                                          <div>
                                                          <div>
                                                          <p
                                                          class="MsoNormal"><span
class="apple-style-span"><span
style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">****************************************************************</span></span><o:p></o:p></p>
                                                          </div>
                                                          </div>
                                                          </div>
                                                          </div>
                                                          </div>
                                                        </div>
                                                      </div>
                                                    </div>
                                                  </div>
                                                </div>
                                              </div>
                                            </div>
                                          </div>
                                        </div>
                                      </div>
                                    </div>
                                  </div>
                                </div>
                              </div>
                            </div>
                          </div>
                        </div>
                      </div>
                    </div>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </div>
              <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">_______________________________________________<br>
                Zmagnette mailing list<br>
                <br>
                Donate: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
                Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
                Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p>
            </blockquote>
          </div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><br>
            <br>
            <br>
            <br>
            <o:p></o:p></p>
          <pre>_______________________________________________<o:p></o:p></pre>
          <pre>Zmagnette mailing list<o:p></o:p></pre>
          <pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre>
          <pre>Donate: <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><o:p></o:p></pre>
          <pre>Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p></o:p></pre>
          <pre>Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><o:p></o:p></pre>
          <pre>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></pre>
          <pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre>
        </blockquote>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------040003080406080406020307--

--===============0039572188==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0039572188==--

---

From: "John Park" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 22:40:47 -0500

--===============0044008718==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0008_01CF099E.033FCF70"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01CF099E.033FCF70
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

OK, I just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed out on the opportunity for a
valuable resource. Thanks for doing this!

Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2014 4:29 PM

John:
    It has proven a bit more challenging than I first thought, also, I had
to take off the weeks around Christmas and New Year's Eve to be with my
family instead of working at my computer.  I've been sharing updates with
our esteemed leader to get his input and I've incorporated his suggestions.
I'll likely finish the first draft in the next couple of weeks and get it
ready for technical review.
    Perkins

Rick and Allen:

Allen et al.,

--Rick

Two questions:

Holiday Cheers,

Allen

 

 
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01CF099E.033FCF70
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

	font-family:Consolas;
	{mso-style-type:personal;
span.EmailStyle21
>OK, I just wanted to be sure I hadn&#8217;t missed out on the =
opportunity for a valuable resource. Thanks for doing =
this!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'=
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:window=
text'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:window=
text'> [email-masked] =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>John =
Perkins<br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, January 04, 2014 4:29 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
List for the Z Magnette Group - North America<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: =
[Zmagnette] Wiring diagrams and =
windscreens<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>John:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It has proven a bit more =
challenging than I first thought, also, I had to take off the weeks =
around Christmas and New Year's Eve to be with my family instead of =
working at my computer.&nbsp; I've been sharing updates with our =
esteemed leader to get his input and I've incorporated his =
suggestions.&nbsp; I'll likely finish the first draft in the next couple =
of weeks and get it ready for technical review.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Perkins<br><br>On 1/4/2014 1:02 PM, John Park =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'=
>What&#8217;s the status on these diagrams?</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:window=
text'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:window=
text'> <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">zmagnette-bounces@autox.=
team.net</a> [<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:zmagnette-bounces=
@autox.team.net</a>] <b>On Behalf Of </b>John Perkins<br><b>Sent:</b> =
Friday, December 06, 2013 12:52 PM<br><b>To:</b> List for the Z Magnette =
Group - North America<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Zmagnette] Wiring diagrams =
and windscreens</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Rick =
and Allen:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As I'm sitting in hotel rooms, I could =
reproduce the wiring diagram in Visio and color the wires in as correct =
a color as Visio will allow.&nbsp; Then output it as a PDF file that =
anyone could print on either 8.5 by 11 or 11 by 17 paper.&nbsp; We could =
even use this to fix the problem with the wiper motor wiring that is in =
the factory shop manual.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Perkins<br><br>On =
12/6/2013 11:07 AM, Richard Greenberg =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Allen et al.,<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Regarding (1): &nbsp;I would be happy to scan the =
wiring diagrams from the shop manual. &nbsp;My scanner is a cheap hp =
printer, but it could produce a workable digital image. &nbsp;Then =
anyone could print and laminate their own from the digital file. =
&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>If you want an artistic version, suitable for framing, =
you might want to use a better scanner =
though.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Let me know if you want a digital =
scan.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>--Rick<o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
Dec 5, 2013, at 11:28 PM, Allen Bachelder wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>In a recent phone conversation with one of our own, =
two concerns arose which I promised to address about a week ago. &nbsp;I =
apologize for the delay, but my past week has been memorable for its =
interruptions. &nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Two questions:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-left:30.0pt;margin-top:5.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bott=
om:5.0pt'><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>1.) &nbsp;Is there somebody in our =
noble band who either could or would be interested in making up enlarged =
wiring diagrams for the Magnette. I know there are at least four of =
them, and maybe some choices would have to be made, but did somebody =
volunteer that they could provide an 11 X 17 wiring diagram copy either =
laminated or suitable for lamination? If you are not such a person but =
have access to equipment that could produce same, for a PRICE of course, =
I can guaranty you sales of two of these from the get-go. &nbsp;I know =
we discussed this at some time but cannot recall how we left =
it.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>2.) We also focused on a windscreen thread a year or =
two ago, and somebody found that Pilkington (?name?) had a US =
distribution center (somewhere in Ohio?) from which we might be able to =
expect a supply of new windscreens. &nbsp;Is there a follow-up story =
here? There are those of us who either need one or would buy one as a =
spare should they become available. &nbsp;Once again, any new =
information about this would certainly be welcome. &nbsp;I know the =
nightmare Steve Hanegan went through to land a shipment of windscreens =
and rear Varitone glasses here in the US of A. &nbsp;I suspect a good =
many of those of us of the Varitone persuasion would be cheered to find =
a stash of these bits available in North America, but I wouldn't wish =
this task on Steve again for anything. &nbsp;So... can anybody report =
anything new on this concern?<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Many thanks to anybody who can contribute to this =
conversation! <o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Holiday Cheers,<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Allen<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3Dapple-style-span><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif"'>**********=
******************************************************</span></i></b></sp=
an><span class=3Dapple-style-span><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif"'> =
</span></span><o:p></o:p></p><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div=
><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif"'>Allen =
&amp; Florrie Bachelder &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; =3Diii=3D&lt;<br>Spring =
Creek Home for Wayward MGs</span></i></b><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif"'>'57 ZB, =
'65 B, '69 C/GT, '73 B/GT</span></i></b><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif"'>North =
Street, MI 48049, =
USA</span></i></b><o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></div></div></div></di=
v></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div=
><p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3Dapple-style-span><b><i><span =
</span></span><o:p></o:p></p><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div=
><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3Dapple-style-span><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif"'>**********=
******************************************************</span></span><o:p>=
</o:p></p></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></d=
iv></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></di=
v></div><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>__________________________________________=
_____<br>Zmagnette mailing list<br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>F=
orums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Uns=
ubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
zona.edu">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
rizona.edu</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><br><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><pre>_______________=
________________________________<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Zmagnette mailing =
list<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p>=
</o:p></pre><pre>Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><o:p></=
o:p></pre><pre>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/wrench@attglobal.=
net">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></pre></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><pre>_______________________=
________________________<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Zmagnette mailing =
list<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p>=
</o:p></pre><pre>Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><o:p></=
o:p></pre><pre>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/zamagnette@charte=
r.net">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/zamagnette@charter=
.net</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01CF099E.033FCF70--

--===============0044008718==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0044008718==--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 19:42:39 -0800 (PST)

--===============1421984067==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<head></head><body bgcolor=3D"white" lang=3D"EN-US" link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"=
purple" data-blackberry-caret-color=3D"#00a8df" style=3D"background-color: =
rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: initial;"><div style=3D"width: 100%; font-=
size: initial; font-family: Calibri, 'Slate Pro', sans-serif; color: rgb(31=
, 73, 125); text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Me =
too&nbsp;</div><div style=3D"width: 100%; font-size: initial; font-family: =
Calibri, 'Slate Pro', sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125); text-align: init=
ial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">James Hambleton&nbsp;</div>    =
                                                                           =
                                                      <p style=3D"font-size=
: initial; font-family: Calibri, 'Slate Pro', sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73=
, 125); text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Sent fr=
om my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.</p>                                        =
                                                                           =
                                                        <table width=3D"100=
%" style=3D"background-color:white;border-spacing:0px;"> <tbody><tr><td col=
span=3D"2" style=3D"font-size: initial; text-align: initial; background-col=
or: rgb(255, 255, 255);">                                              <div=
 id=3D"_persistentHeader" style=3D"border-style: solid none none; border-to=
p-color: rgb(181, 196, 223); border-top-width: 1pt; padding: 3pt 0in 0in; f=
ont-family: Tahoma, 'BB Alpha Sans', 'Slate Pro'; font-size: 10pt;">  <div>=
<b>From: </b>John Park</div><div><b>Sent: </b>Saturday, January 4, 2014 10:=
41 PM</div><div><b>To: </b>'List for the Z Magnette Group - North America'<=
/div><div><b>Reply To: </b>List for the Z Magnette Group - North America</d=
iv><div><b>Subject: </b>Re: [Zmagnette] Wiring diagrams and windscreens</di=
v></div></td></tr></tbody></table><div style=3D"border-style: solid none no=
ne; border-top-color: rgb(186, 188, 209); border-top-width: 1pt; font-size:=
 initial; text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></div=
><br><div id=3D"_originalContent" style=3D"background-color: white;"><meta =
http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta=
 name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><style>=
<!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Helvetica;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";
	color:black;}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:Consolas;
	color:black;}
span.apple-style-span
	{mso-style-name:apple-style-span;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--><div class=3D"WordSection1"><p class=3D"M=
soNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&qu=
ot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D">OK, I just wanted to be sure I hadn=E2=
=80=99t missed out on the opportunity for a valuable resource. Thanks for d=
oing this!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-=
size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F4=
97D"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div style=3D"border:none;border-top:=
solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in"><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><b><s=
pan style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-se=
rif&quot;;color:windowtext">From:</span></b><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt=
;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:windowtext"> =
[email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] =
<b>On Behalf Of </b>John Perkins<br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, January 04, 2014=
 4:29 PM<br><b>To:</b> List for the Z Magnette Group - North America<br><b>=
Subject:</b> Re: [Zmagnette] Wiring diagrams and windscreens<o:p></o:p></sp=
an></p></div></div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p clas=
s=3D"MsoNormal">John:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It has proven a bit more challe=
nging than I first thought, also, I had to take off the weeks around Christ=
mas and New Year's Eve to be with my family instead of working at my comput=
er.&nbsp; I've been sharing updates with our esteemed leader to get his inp=
ut and I've incorporated his suggestions.&nbsp; I'll likely finish the firs=
t draft in the next couple of weeks and get it ready for technical review.<=
br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Perkins<br><br>On 1/4/2014 1:02 PM, John Park wrote:<=
o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote style=3D"margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0=
pt"><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quo=
t;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D">What=E2=80=99s the stat=
us on these diagrams?</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span sty=
le=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;=
;color:#1F497D">&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><div><div style=3D"border:none;=
border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in"><p class=3D"MsoNo=
rmal"><b><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&q=
uot;sans-serif&quot;;color:windowtext">From:</span></b><span style=3D"font-=
size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:wi=
ndowtext"> <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">zmagnette-bo=
[email-masked]</a> [<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
t">mailto:[email-masked]</a>] <b>On Behalf Of </b>John Pe=
rkins<br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, December 06, 2013 12:52 PM<br><b>To:</b> List=
 for the Z Magnette Group - North America<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Zmagnette=
] Wiring diagrams and windscreens</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p class=
=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">Rick and Al=
len:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As I'm sitting in hotel rooms, I could reproduce=
 the wiring diagram in Visio and color the wires in as correct a color as V=
isio will allow.&nbsp; Then output it as a PDF file that anyone could print=
 on either 8.5 by 11 or 11 by 17 paper.&nbsp; We could even use this to fix=
 the problem with the wiper motor wiring that is in the factory shop manual=
.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Perkins<br><br>On 12/6/2013 11:07 AM, Richard Green=
berg wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote style=3D"margin-top:5.0pt;margi=
n-bottom:5.0pt"><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">Allen et al.,<o:p></o:p></p></d=
iv><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3D"=
MsoNormal">Regarding (1): &nbsp;I would be happy to scan the wiring diagram=
s from the shop manual. &nbsp;My scanner is a cheap hp printer, but it coul=
d produce a workable digital image. &nbsp;Then anyone could print and lamin=
ate their own from the digital file. &nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p cla=
ss=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">If =
you want an artistic version, suitable for framing, you might want to use a=
 better scanner though.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">&nb=
sp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">Let me know if you want=
 a digital scan.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;<o:p=
></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">--Rick<o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">O=
n Dec 5, 2013, at 11:28 PM, Allen Bachelder wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><p c=
lass=3D"MsoNormal"><br><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><blockquote style=3D"margin-t=
op:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt"><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">In a recent phone=
 conversation with one of our own, two concerns arose which I promised to a=
ddress about a week ago. &nbsp;I apologize for the delay, but my past week =
has been memorable for its interruptions. &nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><div><p cla=
ss=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">Two=
 questions:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote style=3D"margin-left:30.0pt;mar=
gin-top:5.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:5.0pt"><div><p class=3D"MsoNor=
mal">1.) &nbsp;Is there somebody in our noble band who either could or woul=
d be interested in making up enlarged wiring diagrams for the Magnette. I k=
now there are at least four of them, and maybe some choices would have to b=
e made, but did somebody volunteer that they could provide an 11 X 17 wirin=
g diagram copy either laminated or suitable for lamination? If you are not =
such a person but have access to equipment that could produce same, for a P=
RICE of course, I can guaranty you sales of two of these from the get-go. &=
nbsp;I know we discussed this at some time but cannot recall how we left it=
.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></di=
v><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">2.) We also focused on a windscreen thread a =
year or two ago, and somebody found that Pilkington (?name?) had a US distr=
ibution center (somewhere in Ohio?) from which we might be able to expect a=
 supply of new windscreens. &nbsp;Is there a follow-up story here? There ar=
e those of us who either need one or would buy one as a spare should they b=
ecome available. &nbsp;Once again, any new information about this would cer=
tainly be welcome. &nbsp;I know the nightmare Steve Hanegan went through to=
 land a shipment of windscreens and rear Varitone glasses here in the US of=
 A. &nbsp;I suspect a good many of those of us of the Varitone persuasion w=
ould be cheered to find a stash of these bits available in North America, b=
ut I wouldn't wish this task on Steve again for anything. &nbsp;So... can a=
nybody report anything new on this concern?<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p cla=
ss=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div></blockquote><p class=3D"MsoNor=
mal">Many thanks to anybody who can contribute to this conversation! <o:p><=
/o:p></p><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p cla=
ss=3D"MsoNormal">Holiday Cheers,<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNo=
rmal">Allen<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><div><div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><=
span class=3D"apple-style-span"><b><i><span style=3D"font-size:9.0pt;font-f=
amily:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">***********************=
*****************************************</span></i></b></span><span class=
=3D"apple-style-span"><span style=3D"font-size:13.5pt;font-family:&quot;Hel=
vetica&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"> </span></span><o:p></o:p></p><div><di=
v><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><di=
v><div><div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><b><i><span style=3D"font-size:9.0p=
t;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Allen &amp; Flo=
rrie Bachelder &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; =3Diii=3D&lt;<br>Spring Creek Home for =
Wayward MGs</span></i></b><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">=
<b><i><span style=3D"font-size:9.0pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,&quo=
t;sans-serif&quot;">'57 ZB, '65 B, '69 C/GT, '73 B/GT</span></i></b><o:p></=
o:p></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><b><i><span style=3D"font-size:9.=
0pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">North Street,=
 MI 48049, USA</span></i></b><o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></div></div><=
/div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></di=
v></div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span class=3D"apple-style-span"><b><i><span=
 style=3D"font-size:9.0pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,&quot;sans-seri=
f&quot;"><a href=3D"http://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs">http://www=
.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs</a></span></i></b></span><span class=3D"a=
pple-style-span"><span style=3D"font-size:13.5pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetic=
a&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"> </span></span><o:p></o:p></p><div><div><di=
v><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><di=
v><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span class=3D"apple-style-span"><span style=
=3D"font-size:9.0pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot=
;">****************************************************************</span><=
/span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>=
</div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></d=
iv></div></div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></di=
v><p class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"margin-bottom:12.0pt">___________________=
____________________________<br>Zmagnette mailing list<br><br>Donate: <a hr=
ef=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><=
br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/arc=
hive</a><br>Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.=
net/forums</a><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mail=
man/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mail=
man/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockqu=
ote></div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><br><br><br><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><pre>__=
_____________________________________________<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Zmagnett=
e mailing list<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a=
><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">htt=
p://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Forums: <a href=3D"http:/=
/www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>U=
nsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnet=
te/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/wr=
[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></pre></blockq=
uote><p class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><br=
><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><pre>______________________________________________=
_<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Zmagnette mailing list<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nb=
sp;</o:p></pre><pre>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">htt=
p://www.team.net/donate.html</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Archive: <a href=3D"h=
ttp://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p></o:p></pre=
><pre>Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/fo=
rums</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></pre><=
pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre></blockquote><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;<=
/o:p></p></div><br></div> <!--end of _originalContent --></body>
--===============1421984067==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="unnamed"

--===============1421984067==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1421984067==--