Subject: [Zmagnette] Heater fan switch <[email-masked]> <zmagnette.autox.team.net>

From: Rodger Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 14:00:31 -0500 (EST)

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1987665354==
 boundary="--------MB_8D0CFBAB8099493_1210_1090F6_webmail-m207.sysops.aol.com"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
----------MB_8D0CFBAB8099493_1210_1090F6_webmail-m207.sysops.aol.com
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

My fan switch isn't working, it pulls out fine but no juice flows through. =
 Is a replacement available? Thanks and Merry Christmas.

----------MB_8D0CFBAB8099493_1210_1090F6_webmail-m207.sysops.aol.com
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<font color=3D'black' size=3D'3' face=3D'Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'>
<div>My fan switch isn't working, it pulls out fine but no juice flows thro=
ugh.&nbsp; Is a replacement available?&nbsp;Thanks and Merry Christmas.</di=
v>
</font>
----------MB_8D0CFBAB8099493_1210_1090F6_webmail-m207.sysops.aol.com--

--===============1987665354==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1987665354==--

---

From: Steve Hanegan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 11:02:25 -0800

--===============1268667969==

--Apple-Mail=_636AA7D4-41E0-4B2A-B00E-FE2FEE3A4DE0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

Scott,

I would highly recommend that you consult with the manufacturer of the =
paint that you intend to use for your final color coat. Modern paints =
are designed to work together as a system and each manufacturer will =
have their own proprietary and tested processes and materials. I would =
stick to one manufacturer's solvents, cleaners, thinners as well.

All paint manufacturers that I know of will have some sort of etching or =
epoxy material to be laid down first to seal the metal and lay a =
foundation for an intermediate coating that can be sanded and used with =
glazes and fillers and such to refine the surface to remove any minute =
imperfections. This typically would be followed with a coat to seal this =
primer and provide the base for the final color and clear coats. Here is =
a link to PPG's newer systems as an example:

=
http://www.ppg.com/coatings/autooem/products/Pages/compactpaintsystems.asp=
x

Steve H.

On Dec 25, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Scott Woolman <[email-masked]> =
wrote:

> At a risk of getting overwhelmed with opinions. Here is my question. =
My MG is down to metal  all rust and body is done. Should I use an =
acrylic etching primer then a sandable primer.=20
> Thanks
> Scott  =20
>=20
> Sent from my iPhone
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]
>=20

--Apple-Mail=_636AA7D4-41E0-4B2A-B00E-FE2FEE3A4DE0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; =
">Scott,<div><br></div><div>I would highly recommend that you consult =
with the manufacturer of the paint that you intend to use for your final =
color coat. Modern paints are designed to work together as a system and =
each manufacturer will have their own proprietary and tested processes =
and materials. I would stick to one manufacturer's solvents, cleaners, =
thinners as well.</div><div><br></div><div>All paint manufacturers that =
I know of will have some sort of etching or epoxy material to be laid =
down first to seal the metal and lay a foundation for an intermediate =
coating that can be sanded and used with glazes and fillers and such to =
refine the surface to remove any minute imperfections. This typically =
would be followed with a coat to seal this primer and provide the base =
for the final color and clear coats. Here is a link to PPG's newer =
systems as an example:</div><div><br></div><div><a =
href=3D"http://www.ppg.com/coatings/autooem/products/Pages/compactpaintsys=
tems.aspx">http://www.ppg.com/coatings/autooem/products/Pages/compactpaint=
systems.aspx</a></div><div><br></div><div>Steve =
H.</div><div><br></div><div><div><div>On Dec 25, 2013, at 10:43 AM, =
Scott Woolman &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt=
; wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite">At a risk of getting overwhelmed with opinions. Here is my =
question. My MG is down to metal &nbsp;all rust and body is done. Should =
I use an acrylic etching primer then a sandable primer. =
<br>Thanks<br>Scott &nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Sent from my =
iPhone<br>_______________________________________________<br>Zmagnette =
mailing list<br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</=
a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Fo=
rums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsu=
bscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/steve@betterwitnes=
ses.com">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/steve@betterwitne=
sses.com</a><br><br></blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_636AA7D4-41E0-4B2A-B00E-FE2FEE3A4DE0--

--===============1268667969==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1268667969==--

---

From: John Elwood <[email-masked]> boundary=Apple-Mail-06F22950-692E-4256-BFCA-8EB2CD0B262E
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 14:04:50 -0500

--Apple-Mail-06F22950-692E-4256-BFCA-8EB2CD0B262E
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Are you painting it yourself?  If you aren't, the people who paint it will h=
ave their own opinions! =20

If you're doing it yourself, check out PPG Concept.  For me that meant an ep=
oxy primer on the steel.  Over the epoxy primer went any body filler, then e=
poxy primer again when it was roughly correct.  Over that went the regular s=
andable primer, coat after coat before I could get it right.  Then painted t=
he car with a Concept DCC which is single stage solid color.  Came out terri=
ble, and it was all my fault!  Every ripple and wave showed up, and I had th=
ought it was pretty good before I painted it.  Anyway, it wasn't, and I did i=
t all over again.  Second time?  PERFECT! =20

The product was very expensive, but very forgiving, and never the cause of m=
y problems.  When I do the Magnette this spring, I will use PPG Concept agai=
n in a heartbeat. =20

--Apple-Mail-06F22950-692E-4256-BFCA-8EB2CD0B262E
	name=image.jpeg
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=image.jpeg
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-06F22950-692E-4256-BFCA-8EB2CD0B262E
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-06F22950-692E-4256-BFCA-8EB2CD0B262E
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--Apple-Mail-06F22950-692E-4256-BFCA-8EB2CD0B262E--

---

From: "Steve Kirby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 11:55:36 -0800

--===============0799079212==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002B_01CF0168.38FD88C0"

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01CF0168.38FD88C0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

also agree!  Beautiful job, and your advice is spot on.

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: John Elwood=20
  To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America=20
  Sent: Wednesday, December 25, 2013 11:04 AM
  Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Paint

  Are you painting it yourself?  If you aren't, the people who paint it =
will have their own opinions! =20

  If you're doing it yourself, check out PPG Concept.  For me that meant =
an epoxy primer on the steel.  Over the epoxy primer went any body =
filler, then epoxy primer again when it was roughly correct.  Over that =
went the regular sandable primer, coat after coat before I could get it =
right.  Then painted the car with a Concept DCC which is single stage =
solid color.  Came out terrible, and it was all my fault!  Every ripple =
and wave showed up, and I had thought it was pretty good before I =
painted it.  Anyway, it wasn't, and I did it all over again.  Second =
time?  PERFECT! =20

  The product was very expensive, but very forgiving, and never the =
cause of my problems.  When I do the Magnette this spring, I will use =
PPG Concept again in a heartbeat. =20

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-----

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-----

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-----

  Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
  Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
  Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
  Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01CF0168.38FD88C0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23543">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>also agree!&nbsp; Beautiful job, and your advice is spot on.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial; BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=[email-masked] href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">John =
Elwood</A>=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
  href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">List for the Z Magnette Group =
- North=20
  America</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, December 25, =
2013 11:04=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Zmagnette] =
Paint</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>Are you painting it yourself?&nbsp; If you aren't, the =
people=20
  who paint it will have their own opinions!&nbsp; <BR><BR>If you're =
doing it=20
  yourself, check out PPG Concept.&nbsp; For me that meant an epoxy =
primer on=20
  the steel.&nbsp; Over the epoxy primer went any body filler, then =
epoxy primer=20
  again when it was roughly correct.&nbsp; Over that went the regular =
sandable=20
  primer, coat after coat before I could get it right.&nbsp; Then =
painted the=20
  car with a Concept DCC which is single stage solid color.&nbsp; Came =
out=20
  terrible, and it was all my fault!&nbsp; Every ripple and wave showed =
up, and=20
  I had thought it was pretty good before I painted it.&nbsp; Anyway, it =
wasn't,=20
  and I did it all over again.&nbsp; Second time?&nbsp; PERFECT!&nbsp;=20
  <BR><BR>The product was very expensive, but very forgiving, and never =
the=20
  cause of my problems.&nbsp; When I do the Magnette this spring, I will =
use PPG=20
  Concept again in a heartbeat.&nbsp; <BR><BR>
  <P>
  <HR>

  <P></P>
  <P>
  <CENTER><IMG=20
  =
src=3D"CID:{C162A291-79AC-4E9E-ADFD-693C6C6F614E}/image.jpeg"></CENTER>
  <P>
  <HR>

  <P></P><BR>
  <P>
  <HR>

  <P></P>_______________________________________________<BR>Zmagnette =
mailing=20
  list<BR><BR>Donate: <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/A><BR>Archive:=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</A><BR>F=
orums:=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</A><BR>Uns=
ubscribe/Manage:=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]</A><B=
R><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01CF0168.38FD88C0--

--===============0799079212==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0799079212==--

---

From: "Steve Kirby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 11:55:43 -0800

--===============0430993413==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002E_01CF0168.3D75F180"

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01CF0168.3D75F180
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

having just typed my fingertips off, this sums it up nicely, correctly =
and perfectly!!!!
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Steve Hanegan=20
  To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America=20
  Sent: Wednesday, December 25, 2013 11:02 AM
  Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Paint

  Scott,

  All paint manufacturers that I know of will have some sort of etching =
or epoxy material to be laid down first to seal the metal and lay a =
foundation for an intermediate coating that can be sanded and used with =
glazes and fillers and such to refine the surface to remove any minute =
imperfections. This typically would be followed with a coat to seal this =
primer and provide the base for the final color and clear coats. Here is =
a link to PPG's newer systems as an example:

  =
http://www.ppg.com/coatings/autooem/products/Pages/compactpaintsystems.as=
px

  Steve H.

  On Dec 25, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Scott Woolman =
<[email-masked]> wrote:

    Sent from my iPhone

    Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
    Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
    Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
    Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01CF0168.3D75F180
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23543">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY=20
style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>having just typed my fingertips off, this sums it up nicely, =
correctly and=20
perfectly!!!!</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial; BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=[email-masked]=20
  href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Steve Hanegan</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
  href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">List for the Z Magnette Group =
- North=20
  America</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, December 25, =
2013 11:02=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Zmagnette] =
Paint</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>Scott,
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>I would highly recommend that you consult with the manufacturer =
of the=20
  paint that you intend to use for your final color coat. Modern paints =
are=20
  designed to work together as a system and each manufacturer will have =
their=20
  own proprietary and tested processes and materials. I would stick to =
one=20
  manufacturer's solvents, cleaners, thinners as well.</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>All paint manufacturers that I know of will have some sort of =
etching or=20
  epoxy material to be laid down first to seal the metal and lay a =
foundation=20
  for an intermediate coating that can be sanded and used with glazes =
and=20
  fillers and such to refine the surface to remove any minute =
imperfections.=20
  This typically would be followed with a coat to seal this primer and =
provide=20
  the base for the final color and clear coats. Here is a link to PPG's =
newer=20
  systems as an example:</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.ppg.com/coatings/autooem/products/Pages/compactpaintsy=
stems.aspx">http://www.ppg.com/coatings/autooem/products/Pages/compactpai=
ntsystems.aspx</A></DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Steve H.</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>On Dec 25, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Scott Woolman &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>&g=
t;=20
  wrote:</DIV><BR class=3DApple-interchange-newline>
  <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite">At a risk of getting overwhelmed with =
opinions. Here=20
    is my question. My MG is down to metal &nbsp;all rust and body is =
done.=20
    Should I use an acrylic etching primer then a sandable primer.=20
    <BR>Thanks<BR>Scott &nbsp;&nbsp;<BR><BR>Sent from my=20
    =
iPhone<BR>_______________________________________________<BR>Zmagnette=20
    mailing list<BR><BR>Donate: <A=20
    =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/A><BR>Archive:=20
    <A=20
    =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</A><BR>F=
orums:=20
    <A=20
    =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</A><BR>Uns=
ubscribe/Manage:=20
    <A=20
    =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/steve@betterwitne=
sses.com">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/steve@betterwit=
nesses.com</A><BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><BR></DIV>
  <P>
  <HR>

  <P></P>_______________________________________________<BR>Zmagnette =
mailing=20
  list<BR><BR>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html<BR>Archive:=20
  http://www.team.net/archive<BR>Forums:=20
  http://www.team.net/forums<BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
  =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]<BR><BR>=
</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01CF0168.3D75F180--

--===============0430993413==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0430993413==--

---

From: "Steve Kirby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 12:00:50 -0800

--===============0686206959==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_003B_01CF0168.F49892A0"

------=_NextPart_000_003B_01CF0168.F49892A0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 . . . in the Christmas day "lull" here.  On the car I'm just finishing =
up, I found similar problems with almost all the switches.  I remember =
by mentor, Steve Hanegan, extolling the virtues of cleaning with =
vinegar, and a soft brush.  These were switches which are NLA, or =
availale used at ridiculously high prices.  I figgered, its ruined/won't =
work anyway, what have I got to lose?  My first effort, I could see how =
to carefully get the switch apart.  With fear and trepitation, I =
carefully took it apart, cleaned it per Hanegan, and it works (quoting =
Mr. Hanegan) "a treat".  Confidence slowly building, I did two more:  =
success . . . yay.  I have one more to do, the flasher unit, but may ask =
my electronic wizard for a bit of a hand with that one.  I opened it up, =
and freaked out.  Electronics is not my forte.  I'm in awe of those of =
you who are!!

Happy Holidays!

#2SteveK
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Rodger Shaver=20
  To: [email-masked]=20
  Sent: Wednesday, December 25, 2013 11:00 AM
  Subject: [Zmagnette] Heater fan switch

  My fan switch isn't working, it pulls out fine but no juice flows =
through.  Is a replacement available? Thanks and Merry Christmas.

------=_NextPart_000_003B_01CF0168.F49892A0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23543">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;. . . in the Christmas day "lull" here.&nbsp; On the car I'm =
just=20
finishing up, I found similar problems with almost all the =
switches.&nbsp; I=20
remember by mentor, Steve Hanegan, extolling the virtues of cleaning =
with=20
vinegar, and a soft brush.&nbsp; These were switches which are NLA, or =
availale=20
used at ridiculously high prices.&nbsp; I figgered, its ruined/won't =
work=20
anyway, what have I got to lose?&nbsp; My first effort, I could see how =
to=20
carefully get the switch apart.&nbsp; With fear and trepitation, I =
carefully=20
took it apart, cleaned it per Hanegan, and it works (quoting Mr. =
Hanegan) "a=20
treat".&nbsp; Confidence slowly building, I did two more:&nbsp; success =
. . .=20
yay.&nbsp; I have one more to do, the flasher unit,&nbsp;but may ask my=20
electronic wizard for a bit of a hand with that one.&nbsp; I opened it =
up, and=20
freaked out.&nbsp; Electronics is not my forte.&nbsp; I'm in awe of =
those of you=20
who are!!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Happy Holidays!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>#2SteveK</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial; BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=[email-masked] href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Rodger =
Shaver</A>=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
  href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, December 25, =
2013 11:00=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Zmagnette] Heater fan =

  switch</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT color=3Dblack size=3D3 face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, =
sans-serif">
  <DIV>My fan switch isn't working, it pulls out fine but no juice flows =

  through.&nbsp; Is a replacement available?&nbsp;Thanks and Merry=20
  Christmas.</DIV></FONT>
  <P>
  <HR>

------=_NextPart_000_003B_01CF0168.F49892A0--

--===============0686206959==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0686206959==--

---

From: James Schulte <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 15:34:25 -0500

--===============2117240847==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-A429CF04-962C-43D7-A8F0-22B31AB75F5A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-A429CF04-962C-43D7-A8F0-22B31AB75F5A
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Electrifying post...sorry! I couldn't resist. To much egg nog. I am going to=
 try the vinegar. If it's
Good enough to clean my coffee maker then ....
M C
Jim

Sent from my iPad

> On Dec 25, 2013, at 3:00 PM, "Steve Kirby" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
>  . . . in the Christmas day "lull" here.  On the car I'm just finishing up=
, I found similar problems with almost all the switches.  I remember by ment=
or, Steve Hanegan, extolling the virtues of cleaning with vinegar, and a sof=
t brush.  These were switches which are NLA, or availale used at ridiculousl=
y high prices.  I figgered, its ruined/won't work anyway, what have I got to=
 lose?  My first effort, I could see how to carefully get the switch apart. =
 With fear and trepitation, I carefully took it apart, cleaned it per Hanega=
n, and it works (quoting Mr. Hanegan) "a treat".  Confidence slowly building=
, I did two more:  success . . . yay.  I have one more to do, the flasher un=
it, but may ask my electronic wizard for a bit of a hand with that one.  I o=
pened it up, and freaked out.  Electronics is not my forte.  I'm in awe of t=
hose of you who are!!
> =20
> Happy Holidays!
> =20
> #2SteveK
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Rodger Shaver
> To: [email-masked]
> My fan switch isn't working, it pulls out fine but no juice flows through.=
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/skirby=
[email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/schult=
[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-A429CF04-962C-43D7-A8F0-22B31AB75F5A
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto"><div>Electrifying post...sorry! I couldn't resist. To much egg nog. I am going to try the vinegar. If it's</div><div>Good enough to clean my coffee maker then ....</div><div>M C</div><div>Jim<br><br>Sent from my iPad</div><div><br>On Dec 25, 2013, at 3:00 PM, "Steve Kirby" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote type="cite"><div>

<meta content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.23543">
<style></style>

<div>&nbsp;. . . in the Christmas day "lull" here.&nbsp; On the car I'm just 
finishing up, I found similar problems with almost all the switches.&nbsp; I 
remember by mentor, Steve Hanegan, extolling the virtues of cleaning with 
vinegar, and a soft brush.&nbsp; These were switches which are NLA, or availale 
used at ridiculously high prices.&nbsp; I figgered, its ruined/won't work 
anyway, what have I got to lose?&nbsp; My first effort, I could see how to 
carefully get the switch apart.&nbsp; With fear and trepitation, I carefully 
took it apart, cleaned it per Hanegan, and it works (quoting Mr. Hanegan) "a 
treat".&nbsp; Confidence slowly building, I did two more:&nbsp; success . . . 
yay.&nbsp; I have one more to do, the flasher unit,&nbsp;but may ask my 
electronic wizard for a bit of a hand with that one.&nbsp; I opened it up, and 
freaked out.&nbsp; Electronics is not my forte.&nbsp; I'm in awe of those of you 
who are!!</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Happy Holidays!</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>#2SteveK</div>
<blockquote style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <div style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </div>
  <div style="FONT: 10pt arial; BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><b>From:</b> 
  <a title="[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">Rodger Shaver</a> 
  </div>
  <div style="FONT: 10pt arial"><b>To:</b> <a title="[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> </div>
  <div style="FONT: 10pt arial"><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, December 25, 2013 11:00 
  AM</div>
  <div style="FONT: 10pt arial"><b>Subject:</b> [Zmagnette] Heater fan 
  switch</div>
  <div><br></div><font color="black" size="3" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
  <div>My fan switch isn't working, it pulls out fine but no juice flows 
  through.&nbsp; Is a replacement available?&nbsp;Thanks and Merry 
  Christmas.</div></font>
  <p>
  </p><hr>

  <p></p>_______________________________________________<br>Zmagnette mailing 
  list<br><br>Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: 
  <a href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums: 
  <a href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
  <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]</a><br><br></blockquote>
</div></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><div><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span>Zmagnette mailing list</span><br><span></span><br><span>Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br><span>Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br><span>Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></span><br><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]</a></span><br><span></span><br></div></blockquote></body></html>
--Apple-Mail-A429CF04-962C-43D7-A8F0-22B31AB75F5A--

--===============2117240847==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2117240847==--

---

From: "Steve Kirby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 12:49:53 -0800

--===============0422126760==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_001E_01CF016F.CE491F50"

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01CF016F.CE491F50
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I deserved that!

Back to your egg nog :)  with just a dash of vinegar.

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: James Schulte=20
  To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America=20
  Sent: Wednesday, December 25, 2013 12:34 PM
  Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Heater fan switch

  Electrifying post...sorry! I couldn't resist. To much egg nog. I am =
going to try the vinegar. If it's
  Good enough to clean my coffee maker then ....
  M C
  Jim

  Sent from my iPad

     . . . in the Christmas day "lull" here.  On the car I'm just =
finishing up, I found similar problems with almost all the switches.  I =
remember by mentor, Steve Hanegan, extolling the virtues of cleaning =
with vinegar, and a soft brush.  These were switches which are NLA, or =
availale used at ridiculously high prices.  I figgered, its ruined/won't =
work anyway, what have I got to lose?  My first effort, I could see how =
to carefully get the switch apart.  With fear and trepitation, I =
carefully took it apart, cleaned it per Hanegan, and it works (quoting =
Mr. Hanegan) "a treat".  Confidence slowly building, I did two more:  =
success . . . yay.  I have one more to do, the flasher unit, but may ask =
my electronic wizard for a bit of a hand with that one.  I opened it up, =
and freaked out.  Electronics is not my forte.  I'm in awe of those of =
you who are!!

    Happy Holidays!

    #2SteveK

-

    Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
    Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
    Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
    Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01CF016F.CE491F50
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23543"></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dauto bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>I deserved that!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Back to your egg nog :)&nbsp; with just a dash of vinegar.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial; BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=[email-masked] =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">James=20
  Schulte</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
  href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">List for the Z Magnette Group =
- North=20
  America</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, December 25, =
2013 12:34=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Zmagnette] Heater =
fan=20
  switch</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Electrifying post...sorry! I couldn't resist. To much egg nog. I =
am going=20
  to try the vinegar. If it's</DIV>
  <DIV>Good enough to clean my coffee maker then ....</DIV>
  <DIV>M C</DIV>
  <DIV>Jim<BR><BR>Sent from my iPad</DIV>
  <DIV><BR>On Dec 25, 2013, at 3:00 PM, "Steve Kirby" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>&gt; =
wrote:<BR><BR></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite">
    <DIV>
    <META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23543">
    <STYLE></STYLE>

    <DIV>&nbsp;. . . in the Christmas day "lull" here.&nbsp; On the car =
I'm just=20
    finishing up, I found similar problems with almost all the =
switches.&nbsp; I=20
    remember by mentor, Steve Hanegan, extolling the virtues of cleaning =
with=20
    vinegar, and a soft brush.&nbsp; These were switches which are NLA, =
or=20
    availale used at ridiculously high prices.&nbsp; I figgered, its=20
    ruined/won't work anyway, what have I got to lose?&nbsp; My first =
effort, I=20
    could see how to carefully get the switch apart.&nbsp; With fear and =

    trepitation, I carefully took it apart, cleaned it per Hanegan, and =
it works=20
    (quoting Mr. Hanegan) "a treat".&nbsp; Confidence slowly building, I =
did two=20
    more:&nbsp; success . . . yay.&nbsp; I have one more to do, the =
flasher=20
    unit,&nbsp;but may ask my electronic wizard for a bit of a hand with =
that=20
    one.&nbsp; I opened it up, and freaked out.&nbsp; Electronics is not =
my=20
    forte.&nbsp; I'm in awe of those of you who are!!</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Happy Holidays!</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>#2SteveK</DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE=20
    style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
      <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- =
</DIV>
      <DIV=20
      style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial; BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
      <A title=[email-masked] =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Rodger=20
      Shaver</A> </DIV>
      <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
      =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> =
</DIV>
      <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, December =
25, 2013=20
      11:00 AM</DIV>
      <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Zmagnette] Heater =
fan=20
      switch</DIV>
      <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT color=3Dblack size=3D3=20
      face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
      <DIV>My fan switch isn't working, it pulls out fine but no juice =
flows=20
      through.&nbsp; Is a replacement available?&nbsp;Thanks and Merry=20
      Christmas.</DIV></FONT>
      <P></P>
      <HR>

      =
<P></P>_______________________________________________<BR>Zmagnette=20
      mailing list<BR><BR>Donate: <A=20
      =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/A><BR>Archive:=20
      <A=20
      =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</A><BR>F=
orums:=20
      <A=20
      =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</A><BR>Uns=
ubscribe/Manage:=20
      <A=20
      =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]</A><B=
R><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>
  <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite">
    =
<DIV><SPAN>_______________________________________________</SPAN><BR><SPA=
N>Zmagnette=20
    mailing list</SPAN><BR><SPAN></SPAN><BR><SPAN>Donate: <A=20
    =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/A></SPAN><BR><SPAN>Archive:=20
    <A=20
    =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</A></SPA=
N><BR><SPAN>Forums:=20
    <A=20
    =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</A></SPAN>=
<BR><SPAN>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
    <A=20
    =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/schultejim@yahoo.=
com">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
</A></SPAN><BR><SPAN></SPAN><BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>
  <P>
  <HR>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01CF016F.CE491F50--

--===============0422126760==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0422126760==--

---

From: James Schulte <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 15:54:46 -0500

--===============0690387802==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-9AB468F8-DFB4-4F0C-8F22-159EB2BB816D
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-9AB468F8-DFB4-4F0C-8F22-159EB2BB816D
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

((((~* yum

Sent from my iPad

> On Dec 25, 2013, at 3:49 PM, "Steve Kirby" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> I deserved that!
> =20
> From: James Schulte
> To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America
> Electrifying post...sorry! I couldn't resist. To much egg nog. I am going t=
o try the vinegar. If it's
>>  . . . in the Christmas day "lull" here.  On the car I'm just finishing u=
p, I found similar problems with almost all the switches.  I remember by men=
tor, Steve Hanegan, extolling the virtues of cleaning with vinegar, and a so=
ft brush.  These were switches which are NLA, or availale used at ridiculous=
ly high prices.  I figgered, its ruined/won't work anyway, what have I got t=
o lose?  My first effort, I could see how to carefully get the switch apart.=
  With fear and trepitation, I carefully took it apart, cleaned it per Haneg=
an, and it works (quoting Mr. Hanegan) "a treat".  Confidence slowly buildin=
g, I did two more:  success . . . yay.  I have one more to do, the flasher u=
nit, but may ask my electronic wizard for a bit of a hand with that one.  I o=
pened it up, and freaked out.  Electronics is not my forte.  I'm in awe of t=
hose of you who are!!
>> My fan switch isn't working, it pulls out fine but no juice flows through=
.  Is a replacement available? Thanks and Merry Christmas.
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/skirb=
[email-masked]
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/schul=
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-9AB468F8-DFB4-4F0C-8F22-159EB2BB816D
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto"><div>((((~* yum<br><br>Sent from my iPad</div><div><br>On Dec 25, 2013, at 3:49 PM, "Steve Kirby" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote type="cite"><div>

<div>I deserved that!</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Back to your egg nog :)&nbsp; with just a dash of vinegar.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<blockquote style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <div style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </div>
  <div style="FONT: 10pt arial; BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><b>From:</b> 
  <a title="[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">James 
  Schulte</a> </div>
  <div style="FONT: 10pt arial"><b>To:</b> <a title="[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">List for the Z Magnette Group - North 
  America</a> </div>
  <div style="FONT: 10pt arial"><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, December 25, 2013 12:34 
  PM</div>
  <div style="FONT: 10pt arial"><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Zmagnette] Heater fan 
  switch</div>
  <div><br></div>
  <div>Electrifying post...sorry! I couldn't resist. To much egg nog. I am going 
  to try the vinegar. If it's</div>
  <div>Good enough to clean my coffee maker then ....</div>
  <div>M C</div>
  <div>Jim<br><br>Sent from my iPad</div>
  <div><br>On Dec 25, 2013, at 3:00 PM, "Steve Kirby" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div>
  <blockquote type="cite">
    <div>
    <meta name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.23543">
    <style></style>

    <div>&nbsp;. . . in the Christmas day "lull" here.&nbsp; On the car I'm just 
    finishing up, I found similar problems with almost all the switches.&nbsp; I 
    remember by mentor, Steve Hanegan, extolling the virtues of cleaning with 
    vinegar, and a soft brush.&nbsp; These were switches which are NLA, or 
    availale used at ridiculously high prices.&nbsp; I figgered, its 
    ruined/won't work anyway, what have I got to lose?&nbsp; My first effort, I 
    could see how to carefully get the switch apart.&nbsp; With fear and 
    trepitation, I carefully took it apart, cleaned it per Hanegan, and it works 
    (quoting Mr. Hanegan) "a treat".&nbsp; Confidence slowly building, I did two 
    more:&nbsp; success . . . yay.&nbsp; I have one more to do, the flasher 
    unit,&nbsp;but may ask my electronic wizard for a bit of a hand with that 
    one.&nbsp; I opened it up, and freaked out.&nbsp; Electronics is not my 
    forte.&nbsp; I'm in awe of those of you who are!!</div>
    <div>&nbsp;</div>
    <div>Happy Holidays!</div>
    <div>&nbsp;</div>
    <div>#2SteveK</div>
    <blockquote style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
      <div style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </div>
      <div style="FONT: 10pt arial; BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><b>From:</b> 
      <a title="[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">Rodger 
      Shaver</a> </div>
      <div style="FONT: 10pt arial"><b>To:</b> <a title="[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> </div>
      <div style="FONT: 10pt arial"><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, December 25, 2013 
      11:00 AM</div>
      <div style="FONT: 10pt arial"><b>Subject:</b> [Zmagnette] Heater fan 
      switch</div>
      <div><br></div><font color="black" size="3" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
      <div>My fan switch isn't working, it pulls out fine but no juice flows 
      through.&nbsp; Is a replacement available?&nbsp;Thanks and Merry 
      Christmas.</div></font>
      <p></p>
      <hr>

      <p></p>_______________________________________________<br>Zmagnette 
      mailing list<br><br>Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: 
      <a href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums: 
      <a href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
      <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]</a><br><br></blockquote></div></blockquote>
  <blockquote type="cite">
    <div><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span>Zmagnette 
    mailing list</span><br><span></span><br><span>Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br><span>Archive: 
    <a href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br><span>Forums: 
    <a href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></span><br><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
    <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]</a></span><br><span></span><br></div></blockquote>
  <p>
  </p><hr>

--Apple-Mail-9AB468F8-DFB4-4F0C-8F22-159EB2BB816D--

--===============0690387802==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0690387802==--