Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] New Member <zmagnette.autox.team.net>

From: Chris Kotting <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 17:26:13 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0135862203==
 boundary="------------030603020602060901020000"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------030603020602060901020000
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Jeff (et al) -

New Members:  One of the advantages of the new hosting set-up is that 
people can sign themselves up.

Send newbies to http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo/zmagnette

Chris K.

On 10/21/2013 05:24 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> I have met  person who wishes to be added to this list His name is 
> Bill Sanford. He lives in or around Toronto  in Canada. He is looking 
> to buy a Magnette to fix up or on that is complete for his wife Kathy 
> who can not take the sun in their MG's We have been travelling 
> together with Jeff Zorn in Italy.
> Jeff Becker
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Zmagnette mailing list
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]
>

--------------030603020602060901020000
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Jeff (et al) -<br>
      <br>
      New Members:&nbsp; One of the advantages of the new hosting set-up is
      that people can sign themselves up.&nbsp; <br>
      <br>
      Send newbies to <a
        href="http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo/zmagnette">http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo/zmagnette</a><br>
      <br>
      Chris K.<br>
      <br>
      On 10/21/2013 05:24 AM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite"><font color="black" face="arial" size="2">
        <div><font style="background-color: transparent;" face="Arial,
            Helvetica, sans-serif">I have met&nbsp; person who wishes to be
            added to this list His name is Bill Sanford. He lives in or
            around Toronto&nbsp; in Canada. He is looking to buy a Magnette
            to fix up or on that is complete for his wife Kathy who can
            not take the sun in their MG's We have been travelling
            together with Jeff Zorn in Italy.</font></div>
        <div>&nbsp;</div>
        <div>Jeff Becker</div>
      </font>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------030603020602060901020000--

--===============0135862203==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0135862203==--

---

From: Allen Bachelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 23:14:08 -0400

--===============0938786472==

--Apple-Mail-63-377523369
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

Chris,

I don't think people should be allowed on our list without some sort of =
administrative control. Granted, I don't know of anybody being denied =
membership, but I think we need some evidence of a person's  sincerity: =
either a recommendation from a current member or some reasonably =
convincing email exchange with an administrator or other current member. =
If newbies can simply sign themselves in, we know longer know who we are =
addressing and the group ceases to feel like a club.  I really feel a =
need for some control here...

Does this make sense or am I just getting a bit paranoid in my old age?

Allen
****************************************************************
Allen & Florrie Bachelder       =3Diii=3D<
Spring Creek Home for Wayward MGs
'57 ZB, '65 B, '69 C/GT, '73 B/GT
North Street, MI 48049, USA
http://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs
****************************************************************

On Oct 21, 2013, at 5:26 PM, Chris Kotting wrote:

> Jeff (et al) -
>=20
> New Members:  One of the advantages of the new hosting set-up is that =
people can sign themselves up. =20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>> I have met  person who wishes to be added to this list His name is =
Bill Sanford. He lives in or around Toronto  in Canada. He is looking to =
buy a Magnette to fix up or on that is complete for his wife Kathy who =
can not take the sun in their MG's We have been travelling together with =
Jeff Zorn in Italy.
>> =20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]
>>=20
>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]
>=20

--Apple-Mail-63-377523369
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; =
">Chris,<div><br></div><div>I don't think people should be allowed on =
our list without some sort of administrative control. Granted, I don't =
know of anybody being denied membership, but I think we need some =
evidence of a person's &nbsp;sincerity: either a recommendation from a =
current member or some reasonably convincing email exchange with an =
administrator or other current member. If newbies can simply sign =
themselves in, we know longer know who we are addressing and the group =
ceases to feel like a club. &nbsp;I really feel a need for some control =
here...</div><div><br></div><div>Does this make sense or am I just =
getting a bit paranoid in my old =
age?</div><div><br></div><div>Allen<br><div>
<span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; =
color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; "><span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: =
normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; "><div =
style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; =
text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; "><span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: =
normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; "><div =
style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; =
text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; "><div =
style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"font-size: 12px; =
"><b><i>****************************************************************</=
i></b></span><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: =
separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: =
normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; "><div =
style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-family: Helvetica; =
font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-family: Helvetica; =
font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-family: Helvetica; =
font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div><span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; =
font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; =
word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; font-size: 12px; "><b><i>Allen &amp; Florrie =
Bachelder &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; =3Diii=3D&lt;<br>Spring Creek Home for =
Wayward MGs</i></b></div><div style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; font-size: 12px; "><b><i>'57 ZB, '65 B, '69 C/GT, '73 =
B/GT</i></b></div><div style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; =
font-size: 12px; "><b><i>North Street, MI 48049, =
USA</i></b></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></spa=
n></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></span></div><=
/span></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></span></d=
iv></span></div></span></div></span><b><i><span class=3D"Apple-style-span"=
 style=3D"font-size: 12px; "><a =
href=3D"http://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs">http://www.mgexperien=
ce.net/member/bachldrs</a></span></i></b><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-family: Helvetica; =
font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-family: Helvetica; =
font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-family: Helvetica; =
font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div><span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; =
font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: =
-webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; "><div style=3D"font-style: =
normal; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; =
"><b><i><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-size: 12px; =
">****************************************************************</span><=
/i></b></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></span></=
div></span></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></spa=
n></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></span></div><=
/span></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></span></s=
pan></div></span></span>
</div>

<br><div><div>On Oct 21, 2013, at 5:26 PM, Chris Kotting wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type=3D"cite">
 =20
    <meta content=3D"text/html; charset=3DISO-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3D"Content-Type">
 =20
  <div bgcolor=3D"#FFFFFF" text=3D"#000000">
    <div class=3D"moz-cite-prefix">Jeff (et al) -<br>
      <br>
      New Members:&nbsp; One of the advantages of the new hosting set-up =
is
      that people can sign themselves up.&nbsp; <br>
      <br>
      Send newbies to <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo/zmagnette">http://www.team.ne=
t/mailman/listinfo/zmagnette</a><br>
      <br>
      Chris K.<br>
      <br>
      On 10/21/2013 05:24 AM, <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote =
cite=3D"mid:[email-masked]" =
type=3D"cite"><font color=3D"black" face=3D"arial" size=3D"2">
        <div><font style=3D"background-color: transparent;" face=3D"Arial,=

            Helvetica, sans-serif">I have met&nbsp; person who wishes to =
be
            added to this list His name is Bill Sanford. He lives in or
            around Toronto&nbsp; in Canada. He is looking to buy a =
Magnette
            to fix up or on that is complete for his wife Kathy who can
            not take the sun in their MG's We have been travelling
            together with Jeff Zorn in Italy.</font></div>
        <div>&nbsp;</div>
        <div>Jeff Becker</div>
      </font>
      <br>
      <fieldset class=3D"mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap=3D"">_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</=
a>
Archive: <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/chris.kotting@gmai=
l.com">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/chris.kotting@gmail=
.com</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </div>

_______________________________________________<br>Zmagnette mailing =
list<br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</=
a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Fo=
rums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsu=
bscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
et">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]</=
a><br><br></blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-63-377523369--

--===============0938786472==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0938786472==--

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 23:24:38 -0400

Sorry Allen, but I think you're getting paranoid.  Most lists allow 
anyone to join.  I don't really think we're going to get a whole lot 
of people joining who don't have at least some interest in 
Magnettes.  What are we afraid of?  There are people who are, for a 
lack of a better word, shy.  They join quietly.  The don't 
contribute.  They just lurk.  But over time, they might start to feel 
comfortable and one day you get "this is my first post...  I'm 
thinking about getting a Magnette."  Allen, have you ever denied 
anyone access to the list?  I can see how if someone turns out to be 
a problem, they can be removed from the list.  But I can't really 
think of a situation in which someone new comes along and we say turn 
them away.

-Steve T.

At 11:14 PM 10/21/2013, Allen Bachelder wrote:
>Chris,
>
>I don't think people should be allowed on our list without some sort 
>of administrative control. Granted, I don't know of anybody being 
>denied membership, but I think we need some evidence of a 
>person's  sincerity: either a recommendation from a current member 
>or some reasonably convincing email exchange with an administrator 
>or other current member. If newbies can simply sign themselves in, 
>we know longer know who we are addressing and the group ceases to 
>feel like a club.  I really feel a need for some control here...
>

---

From: David Halliday <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 08:47:01 +0100

There's lots of good arguments for and against and of course we want to be inclusive rather than exclusive. Here's me saying we - I'm the Aussie/Pommie interloper - but I guess you know what I mean?! The big risk,is what alive seen on other lists and that's spammers messing things up! If we can stop the spammers and such like, it probably isn't an issue. 

Kind regards, 
David 

Sent from my iPad

> On 22 Oct 2013, at 04:24, Steven Trovato <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Sorry Allen, but I think you're getting paranoid.  Most lists allow anyone to join.  I don't really think we're going to get a whole lot of people joining who don't have at least some interest in Magnettes.  What are we afraid of?  There are people who are, for a lack of a better word, shy.  They join quietly.  The don't contribute.  They just lurk.  But over time, they might start to feel comfortable and one day you get "this is my first post...  I'm thinking about getting a Magnette."  Allen, have you ever denied anyone access to the list?  I can see how if someone turns out to be a problem, they can be removed from the list.  But I can't really think of a situation in which someone new comes along and we say turn them away.
> 
> -Steve T.
> 
>> I don't think people should be allowed on our list without some sort of administrative control. Granted, I don't know of anybody being denied membership, but I think we need some evidence of a person's  sincerity: either a recommendation from a current member or some reasonably convincing email exchange with an administrator or other current member. If newbies can simply sign themselves in, we know longer know who we are addressing and the group ceases to feel like a club.  I really feel a need for some control here...
>> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:17:25 -0400 (EDT)

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0177946279==
 boundary="--------MB_8D09D402F3F0FDC_1754_BA076_webmail-m138.sysops.aol.com"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
----------MB_8D09D402F3F0FDC_1754_BA076_webmail-m138.sysops.aol.com
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I certainly agree - we don't need a round of spammers like the Riley group =
just experienced.

Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: Allen Bachelder <[email-masked]>
To: Chris Kotting <[email-masked]>
Cc: zmagnette <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon, Oct 21, 2013 11:14 pm
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] New Member

Chris,

I don't think people should be allowed on our list without some sort of adm=
inistrative control. Granted, I don't know of anybody being denied membersh=
ip, but I think we need some evidence of a person's  sincerity: either a re=
commendation from a current member or some reasonably convincing email exch=
ange with an administrator or other current member. If newbies can simply s=
ign themselves in, we know longer know who we are addressing and the group =
ceases to feel like a club.  I really feel a need for some control here...

Allen

         =20
   =20
Jeff (et al) -
     =20
      New Members:  One of the advantages of the new hosting set-up is     =
 that people can sign themselves up. =20
     =20
      Send newbies to http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo/zmagnette
     =20
      Chris K.
     =20
      On 10/21/2013 05:24 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
   =20
   =20
       =20
I have met  person who wishes to be            added to this list His name =
is Bill Sanford. He lives in or            around Toronto  in Canada. He is=
 looking to buy a Magnette            to fix up or on that is complete for =
his wife Kathy who can            not take the sun in their MG's We have be=
en travelling            together with Jeff Zorn in Italy.
       =20
=20
       =20
Jeff Becker
           =20
     =20
     =20
     =20
_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

[email-masked]

   =20
   =20
 =20

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

=20

----------MB_8D09D402F3F0FDC_1754_BA076_webmail-m138.sysops.aol.com
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<font color=3D'black' size=3D'4' face=3D'Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'><fon=
t class=3D"Apple-style-span" size=3D"4">I certainly agree - we don't need a=
 round of spammers like the Riley group just experienced.</font>
<div><font class=3D"Apple-style-span" size=3D"4"><br>
</font></div>

<div><font class=3D"Apple-style-span" size=3D"4">Doug<br>
</font><br>
<br>

<div style=3D"font-family: helvetica, arial; font-size: 10pt; color: black;=
 ">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Allen Bachelder &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: Chris Kotting &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Cc: zmagnette &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Mon, Oct 21, 2013 11:14 pm<br>
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] New Member<br>
<br>

<div id=3D"AOLMsgPart_2_f5e17cb1-a11a-480e-86e9-81b921b5e470">

<div class=3D"aolReplacedBody" style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp=
-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">Chris,
<div><br>
</div>

<div>I don't think people should be allowed on our list without some sort o=
f administrative control. Granted, I don't know of anybody being denied mem=
bership, but I think we need some evidence of a person's &nbsp;sincerity: e=
ither a recommendation from a current member or some reasonably convincing =
email exchange with an administrator or other current member. If newbies ca=
n simply sign themselves in, we know longer know who we are addressing and =
the group ceases to feel like a club. &nbsp;I really feel a need for some c=
ontrol here...</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Does this make sense or am I just getting a bit paranoid in my old age=
?</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Allen<br>

<div>
<span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color:=
 rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: no=
rmal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orp=
hans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizonta=
l-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorati=
ons-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-wi=
dth: 0px; font-size: medium; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bo=
rder-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-=
style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: n=
ormal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-inde=
nt: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing=
: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spac=
ing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjus=
t: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-st=
yle: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: nor=
mal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent=
: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacin=
g: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust:=
 auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; "><span class=3D"=
Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weig=
ht: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-a=
lign: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: no=
rmal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px;=
 -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: =
none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-=
size: medium; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-st=
yle: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: nor=
mal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent=
: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacin=
g: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust:=
 auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"font=
-size: 12px; "><b><i>******************************************************=
**********</i></b></span><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-c=
ollapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style:=
 normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;=
 line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0p=
x; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px;=
 -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0=
px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: aut=
o; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-family: Helvetica; font-variant: normal; letter=
-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto=
; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; w=
ord-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-ve=
rtical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text=
-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-family: Helvetica; font-variant: normal; letter=
-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto=
; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; w=
ord-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-ve=
rtical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text=
-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-family: Helvetica; font-variant: normal; letter=
-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto=
; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; w=
ord-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-ve=
rtical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text=
-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; f=
ont-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-=
space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spac=
ing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in=
-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0=
px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-sp=
ace: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacin=
g: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-e=
ffect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px=
; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-sp=
ace: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacin=
g: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-e=
ffect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px=
; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-sp=
ace: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacin=
g: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-e=
ffect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px=
; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-sp=
ace: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacin=
g: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-e=
ffect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px=
; ">
<div style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-style: norm=
al; font-weight: normal; word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -=
webkit-line-break: after-white-space; font-size: 12px; "><b><i>Allen &amp; =
Florrie Bachelder &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; =3Diii=3D&lt;<br>
Spring Creek Home for Wayward MGs</i></b></div>

<div style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-style: norm=
al; font-weight: normal; word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -=
webkit-line-break: after-white-space; font-size: 12px; "><b><i>'57 ZB, '65 =
B, '69 C/GT, '73 B/GT</i></b></div>

<div style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-style: norm=
al; font-weight: normal; word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -=
webkit-line-break: after-white-space; font-size: 12px; "><b><i>North Street=
, MI 48049, USA</i></b></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span><b><i><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"font-size: 12px; "><=
a target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs">ht=
tp://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs</a></span></i></b><span class=3D"=
Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; font-family: Helvetic=
a; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orpha=
ns: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; wh=
ite-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-=
spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decoration=
s-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-widt=
h: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-family: Helvetica; font-variant: normal; letter=
-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto=
; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; w=
ord-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-ve=
rtical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text=
-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-family: Helvetica; font-variant: normal; letter=
-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto=
; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; w=
ord-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-ve=
rtical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text=
-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; f=
ont-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-=
space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spac=
ing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in=
-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0=
px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -web=
kit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-sp=
ace: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacin=
g: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-e=
ffect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px=
; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-sp=
ace: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacin=
g: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-e=
ffect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px=
; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-sp=
ace: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacin=
g: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-e=
ffect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px=
; ">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"bord=
er-collapse: separate; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-h=
eight: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-sp=
ace: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacin=
g: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-e=
ffect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px=
; ">
<div style=3D"font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);=
 word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after=
-white-space; "><b><i><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"font-family=
: Helvetica; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-size: 12px; ">**=
**************************************************************</span></i></=
b></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></div>
</span></span></div>
</span></span>
</div>

<br>

<div>
<div>On Oct 21, 2013, at 5:26 PM, Chris Kotting wrote:</div>
<br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type=3D"cite">
 =20
   =20
 =20
 =20
<div bgcolor=3D"#FFFFFF" text=3D"#000000">
   =20
<div class=3D"moz-cite-prefix">Jeff (et al) -<br>

      <br>

      <br>

      Send newbies to <a target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.team.net/mail=
man/listinfo/zmagnette">http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo/zmagnette</a><=
br>

      <br>

      Chris K.<br>

      <br>

      On 10/21/2013 05:24 AM, <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D=
"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br>

    </div>

    <blockquote type=3D"cite"><font color=3D"black" face=3D"arial" size=3D"=
2">
       =20
<div><font style=3D"background-color: transparent;" face=3D"Arial,         =
    Helvetica, sans-serif">I have met&nbsp; person who wishes to be
            added to this list His name is Bill Sanford. He lives in or
            around Toronto&nbsp; in Canada. He is looking to buy a Magnette
            to fix up or on that is complete for his wife Kathy who can
            not take the sun in their MG's We have been travelling
            together with Jeff Zorn in Italy.</font></div>

       =20
<div>&nbsp;</div>

       =20
<div>Jeff Becker</div>

      </font>
      <br>

      <pre>_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

/www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http:=
//www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http:/=
/www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
ef=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
om">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>

  </div>

_______________________________________________<br>
Zmagnette mailing list<br>
<br>
//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br>
man/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/o=
ptions/zmagnette/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>
<br>
</div>
</div>

</div>

<div id=3D"AOLMsgPart_3_f5e17cb1-a11a-480e-86e9-81b921b5e470" style=3D"marg=
in: 0px;font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;font-size: 12px;col=
or: #000;background-color: #fff;">

<pre style=3D"font-size: 9pt;"><tt>________________________________________=
_______
Zmagnette mailing list

//www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a>
tte/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/opt=
ions/zmagnette/[email-masked]</a>

</tt></pre>
</div>
 <!-- end of AOLMsgPart_3_f5e17cb1-a11a-480e-86e9-81b921b5e470 -->

</div>
</div>
</font>
----------MB_8D09D402F3F0FDC_1754_BA076_webmail-m138.sysops.aol.com--

--===============0177946279==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0177946279==--

---

From: Allen Bachelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 13:44:10 -0400

--===============1483602886==

--Apple-Mail-66-429724389
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

David, Steve, and others,

First of all, David, you are just as entitled to use the word "we" as =
any member of our group.  Your participation and support is highly =
valued, and I hope you will always feel free to participate just as you =
have.  In fact, you bring up an important topic with your consideration =
of the terms "inclusive" vs "exclusive".  I always view myself as an =
"inclusive" kind of guy, yet the stand I've taken on this concern seems =
rather exclusive.  Not intended! =20

And Steve, you're right; we've never turned away a prospective member, =
and the process we've had before (and which I'd like to continue) does =
little to seriously vet new members. But it does serve another purpose =
which is exclusive to ZMG. There I go using that "exclusive" word again, =
but while I'm on several chat lists and forums (fora?), ours is unique =
in that it is also a club.  Certainly a V-E-R-Y loose club, but =
nevertheless a club.  I've never heard of a chat list doing something =
like what we did GT35.  In this sense, I don't think it's correct to =
compare us with other lists.  When people join our list, I want to know =
about it so we can join in welcoming them.  When I post to the list, I =
like to have at least a vague idea that I'm addressing a fellowship, if =
you will.  I'm fond of comparing ZMG to Brigadoon - existing only =
virtually for 51 weeks out of the year, but becoming tangible and alive =
at annual NAMGAR GTs. =20

No constitution, no by-laws, no officers, no treasury, no board of =
directors, no nothin'  And no urge to change that - just a love of our =
unstructured fellowship.  In fact, if we are but a list, we need no =
chairman either and I join the ranks of the unemployed.  And I'm not =
just protecting my job - the pay isn't much, but the intangible benefits =
are incredible!   But when we become a chat list of anonymous lurkers =
and contributors, we cease to be a club.  I would regret that.

FWIW,
Allen=20

On Oct 22, 2013, at 3:47 AM, David Halliday wrote:

> There's lots of good arguments for and against and of course we want =
to be inclusive rather than exclusive. Here's me saying we - I'm the =
Aussie/Pommie interloper - but I guess you know what I mean?! The big =
risk,is what alive seen on other lists and that's spammers messing =
things up! If we can stop the spammers and such like, it probably isn't =
an issue.=20
>=20
> Kind regards,=20
> David=20
>=20
> Sent from my iPad
>=20
>> On 22 Oct 2013, at 04:24, Steven Trovato <[email-masked]> =
wrote:
>>=20
>> Sorry Allen, but I think you're getting paranoid.  Most lists allow =
anyone to join.  I don't really think we're going to get a whole lot of =
people joining who don't have at least some interest in Magnettes.  What =
are we afraid of?  There are people who are, for a lack of a better =
word, shy.  They join quietly.  The don't contribute.  They just lurk.  =
But over time, they might start to feel comfortable and one day you get =
"this is my first post...  I'm thinking about getting a Magnette."  =
Allen, have you ever denied anyone access to the list?  I can see how if =
someone turns out to be a problem, they can be removed from the list.  =
But I can't really think of a situation in which someone new comes along =
and we say turn them away.
>>> I don't think people should be allowed on our list without some sort =
of administrative control. Granted, I don't know of anybody being denied =
>>>=20
>>> Does this make sense or am I just getting a bit paranoid in my old =
age?
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-66-429724389
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; =
">David, Steve, and others,<div><br></div><div>First of all, David, you =
are just as entitled to use the word "we" as any member of our group. =
&nbsp;Your participation and support is highly valued, and I hope you =
will always feel free to participate just as you have. &nbsp;In fact, =
you bring up an important topic with your consideration of the terms =
"inclusive" vs "exclusive". &nbsp;I always view myself as an "inclusive" =
kind of guy, yet the stand I've taken on this concern seems rather =
exclusive. &nbsp;Not intended! &nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>And =
Steve, you're right; we've never turned away a prospective member, and =
the process we've had before (and which I'd like to continue) does =
little to seriously vet new members. But it does serve another purpose =
which is exclusive to ZMG. There I go using that "exclusive" word again, =
but while I'm on several chat lists and forums (fora?), ours is unique =
in that it is also a club. &nbsp;Certainly a V-E-R-Y loose club, but =
nevertheless a club. &nbsp;I've never heard of a chat list doing =
something like what we did GT35. &nbsp;In this sense, I don't think it's =
correct to compare us with other lists. &nbsp;When people join our list, =
I want to know about it so we can join in welcoming them. &nbsp;When I =
post to the list, I like to have at least a vague idea that I'm =
addressing a fellowship, if you will. &nbsp;I'm fond of comparing ZMG to =
Brigadoon - existing only virtually for 51 weeks out of the year, but =
becoming tangible and alive at annual NAMGAR GTs. =
&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>No constitution, no by-laws, no =
officers, no treasury, no board of directors, no nothin' &nbsp;And no =
urge to change that - just a love of our unstructured fellowship. =
&nbsp;In fact, if we are but a list, we need no chairman either and I =
join the ranks of the unemployed. &nbsp;And I'm not just protecting my =
job - the pay isn't much, but the intangible benefits are incredible! =
&nbsp; But when we become a chat list of anonymous lurkers and =
contributors, we cease to be a club. &nbsp;I would regret =
that.</div><div><br></div><div>FWIW,</div><div>Allen&nbsp;</div><div><div>=

<br><div><div>On Oct 22, 2013, at 3:47 AM, David Halliday =
wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><div>There's lots of good arguments for and against and of =
course we want to be inclusive rather than exclusive. Here's me saying =
we - I'm the Aussie/Pommie interloper - but I guess you know what I =
mean?! The big risk,is what alive seen on other lists and that's =
spammers messing things up! If we can stop the spammers and such like, =
it probably isn't an issue. <br><br>Kind regards, <br>David <br><br>Sent =
from my iPad<br><br><blockquote type=3D"cite">On 22 Oct 2013, at 04:24, =
Steven Trovato &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br></blockquote><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite">Sorry Allen, =
but I think you're getting paranoid. &nbsp;Most lists allow anyone to =
join. &nbsp;I don't really think we're going to get a whole lot of =
people joining who don't have at least some interest in Magnettes. =
&nbsp;What are we afraid of? &nbsp;There are people who are, for a lack =
of a better word, shy. &nbsp;They join quietly. &nbsp;The don't =
contribute. &nbsp;They just lurk. &nbsp;But over time, they might start =
to feel comfortable and one day you get "this is my first post... =
&nbsp;I'm thinking about getting a Magnette." &nbsp;Allen, have you ever =
denied anyone access to the list? &nbsp;I can see how if someone turns =
out to be a problem, they can be removed from the list. &nbsp;But I =
can't really think of a situation in which someone new comes along and =
we say turn them away.<br></blockquote><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite">-Steve =
T.<br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><br></blockquote><blockquote =
type=3D"cite">At 11:14 PM 10/21/2013, Allen Bachelder =
wrote:<br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite">Chris,<br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><blockquote type=3D"cite">I don't think people should be =
allowed on our list without some sort of administrative control. =
Granted, I don't know of anybody being denied membership, but I think we =
need some evidence of a person's &nbsp;sincerity: either a =
recommendation from a current member or some reasonably convincing email =
exchange with an administrator or other current member. If newbies can =
simply sign themselves in, we know longer know who we are addressing and =
the group ceases to feel like a club. &nbsp;I really feel a need for =
some control here...<br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><blockquote type=3D"cite">Does this make sense or am I =
just getting a bit paranoid in my old =
age?<br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><br></blockquote><blockquote =
type=3D"cite">_______________________________________________<br></blockqu=
ote><blockquote type=3D"cite">Zmagnette mailing =
list<br></blockquote><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite">Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</=
a><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite">Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br></=
blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite">Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br></bl=
ockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite">Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
m">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]</a>=
<br></blockquote><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><br></blockquote>___________________________________________=
____<br>Zmagnette mailing list<br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</=
a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Fo=
rums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsu=
bscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]=
et">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]</=
a><br><br></div></blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-66-429724389--

--===============1483602886==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1483602886==--

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:10:23 -0400

Allen,

As the administrator, don't you get notified of all who join the 
list, even if they do it on their own?  I would think you 
should.  Then you can still know who's on the list, and you can still 
welcome them however you see fit.  Some lists do have a system where 
you join on-line yourself, pending approval.  Then you get an email 
from an administrator saying you're approved and welcome.  This seems 
better than having to figure out a way to request membership by 
hunting down a member.  I think we had what we had because of the 
technical limitations of  the list.  That said, it was working pretty 
well, and I would be OK with it continuing that way if that's what 
everyone prefers.

-Steve T.

---

From: franklin sprafke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 19:25:56 +0000

--===============0520927447==
	boundary="_76b5131d-ee84-4f0a-be3b-e0095afeb5fb_"

--_76b5131d-ee84-4f0a-be3b-e0095afeb5fb_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi=2C
FWIW =20
1)  I agree that it is important to know when someone signs on so that we c=
an welcome them to the list. =20
2) It is critical that we as a group are able to restrict abusers=2C elimin=
ate spammers=2C keep discussions "relatively" civil & focused on MG Zs or a=
t least British Cars - although I must admit some of the off topic conversa=
tions have been great fun  :)
The actual administration of points 1 & 2 above is immaterial to me.  As lo=
ng as the controls are in place to make the above happen I'll continue to b=
e a very happy member of the group.  I personally think that Allen has done=
 a remarkable and commendable job in handling the above issues and setting =
the correct "tone" for the group.  Thanks for all your effort Allen!!
I've been sitting quietly on the sidelines as this discussion evolved until=
 I read Steve T's email below.  I would like to add that he brings up an ex=
tremely important point and I will reenforce this by telling you of my own =
experience.   I first learned of the chat group when I read an article in S=
afety Fast last year.  There was no mention of how to join the email list -=
 only a brief mention that it existed.  I had to track down the San Diego M=
G Club (also referenced in the article) to see if they could put me in touc=
h with Steve K. whose car was the focal point of the article.  Luckily for =
me=2C the person I contacted at the San Diego MG Club responded immediately=
 and Steve K. helped to get me set up on the chat list.   Once again I than=
k you for your help Steve K. as I have enjoyed and benefitted from being on=
 the list!
My point is=2C it shouldn't be that hard to find us and it shouldn't be tha=
t hard to join.  I almost gave up trying which makes me think there are man=
y others out there who would enjoy being on this list if they knew about it=
 and could sign up easily.
Thanks for listening=2C =20
Dick
Dick Sprafke
Rhode Island
1957 MG ZB in need of restoration

> Date: Tue=2C 22 Oct 2013 14:10:23 -0400
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Allen=2C
> As the administrator=2C don't you get notified of all who join the=20
> list=2C even if they do it on their own?  I would think you=20
> should.  Then you can still know who's on the list=2C and you can still=20
> welcome them however you see fit.  Some lists do have a system where=20
> you join on-line yourself=2C pending approval.  Then you get an email=20
> from an administrator saying you're approved and welcome.  This seems=20
> better than having to figure out a way to request membership by=20
> hunting down a member.  I think we had what we had because of the=20
> technical limitations of  the list.  That said=2C it was working pretty=20
> well=2C and I would be OK with it continuing that way if that's what=20
> everyone prefers.
>=20
> -Steve T.
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/frspr=
[email-masked]
 		 	   		  =

--_76b5131d-ee84-4f0a-be3b-e0095afeb5fb_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<style><!--
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
<body class=3D'hmmessage'><div dir=3D'ltr'>Hi=2C<div><br></div><div>FWIW &n=
bsp=3B</div><div><br></div><div>1) &nbsp=3BI agree that it is important to =
know when someone signs on so that we can welcome them to the list. &nbsp=
=3B</div><div><br></div><div>2) It is critical that we as a group are able =
to restrict abusers=2C eliminate spammers=2C keep discussions "relatively" =
civil &amp=3B focused on MG Zs or at least British Cars - although I must a=
dmit some of the off topic conversations have been great fun &nbsp=3B:)</di=
v><div><br></div><div>The actual administration of points 1 &amp=3B 2 above=
 is immaterial to me. &nbsp=3BAs long as the controls are in place to make =
the above happen I'll continue to be a very happy member of the group. &nbs=
p=3BI personally think that Allen has done a remarkable and commendable job=
 in handling the above issues and setting the correct "tone" for the group.=
 &nbsp=3BThanks for all your effort Allen!!</div><div><br></div><div>I've b=
een sitting quietly on the sidelines as this discussion evolved until I rea=
d Steve T's email below. &nbsp=3BI would like to add that he brings up an e=
xtremely important point and I will reenforce this by telling you of my own=
 experience. &nbsp=3B I first learned of the chat group when I read an arti=
cle in Safety Fast last year. &nbsp=3BThere was no mention of how to join t=
he email list - only a brief mention that it existed. &nbsp=3BI had to trac=
k down the San Diego MG Club (also referenced in the article) to see if the=
y could put me in touch with Steve K. whose car was the focal point of the =
article. &nbsp=3BLuckily for me=2C the person I contacted at the San Diego =
MG Club responded immediately and Steve K. helped to get me set up on the c=
hat list. &nbsp=3B Once again I thank you for your help Steve K. as I have =
enjoyed and benefitted from being on the list!</div><div><br></div><div>My =
point is=2C it shouldn't be that hard to find us and it shouldn't be that h=
ard to join. &nbsp=3BI almost gave up trying which makes me think there are=
 many others out there who would enjoy being on this list if they knew abou=
t it and could sign up easily.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks for listenin=
g=2C &nbsp=3B</div><div><br></div><div>Dick</div><div><br></div><div>Dick S=
prafke</div><div><br></div><div>Rhode Island<br>1957 MG ZB in need of resto=
ration</div><div><br></div><div><br><div>&gt=3B Date: Tue=2C 22 Oct 2013 14=
:10:23 -0400<br>&gt=3B From: [email-masked]<br>&gt=3B To: zmagnette=
@autox.team.net<br>&gt=3B Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] New Member<br>&gt=3B <br=
>&gt=3B Allen=2C<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B As the administrator=2C don't you get=
 notified of all who join the <br>&gt=3B list=2C even if they do it on thei=
r own?  I would think you <br>&gt=3B should.  Then you can still know who's=
 on the list=2C and you can still <br>&gt=3B welcome them however you see f=
it.  Some lists do have a system where <br>&gt=3B you join on-line yourself=
=2C pending approval.  Then you get an email <br>&gt=3B from an administrat=
or saying you're approved and welcome.  This seems <br>&gt=3B better than h=
aving to figure out a way to request membership by <br>&gt=3B hunting down =
a member.  I think we had what we had because of the <br>&gt=3B technical l=
imitations of  the list.  That said=2C it was working pretty <br>&gt=3B wel=
l=2C and I would be OK with it continuing that way if that's what <br>&gt=
=3B everyone prefers.<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B -Steve T.<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B _=
______________________________________________<br>&gt=3B Zmagnette mailing =
list<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>&gt=3B=
 Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>&gt=3B Forums: http://www.team.net=
/forums<br>&gt=3B Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options=
/zmagnette/[email-masked]<br>&gt=3B <br></div></div> 		 	   		  </di=
v></body>
</html>=

--_76b5131d-ee84-4f0a-be3b-e0095afeb5fb_--

--===============0520927447==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0520927447==--

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 16:08:49 -0400

OK, time to get back to an actual Magnette issue.  I was out in my 
Magnette yesterday, and everything was going so well, right until I 
decided to close my window.  Nothing.  Stuck solid.  The handle moves 
back and forth a few inches, but the window does not move at all.  In 
a moment of impressive self control, I did not apply any more force 
to the handle.  I guess the next step is to remove the inner panel 
and see what is going on in there.  I have not figured out how to do 
that, but I have not cracked a manual or investigated at all 
yet.  That window had always operated smoothly and effortlessly.  It 
operated easier than the one in my Miata.  I'll let you know what I 
find in there.

-Steve T.

---

From: Chris Kotting <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 16:44:53 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2023049398==
 boundary="------------020901020502040204050107"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------020901020502040204050107
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

AFAIK we can't set things up so that new members have to be "vetted," we 
_can_ kick someone off the list for bad behaviour, or force their posts 
to go through "moderation" (they don't go out unless we approve them.)

The fact is that I've been on one or another of the team.net lists for 
close to 20 years (Spridgets and MGs, mostly, but also Triumphs and a 
few others) I have yet to encounter a spam problem on _any_ of them.

Chris K.

--------------020901020502040204050107
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    AFAIK we can't set things up so that new members have to be
    "vetted," we <u>can</u> kick someone off the list for bad
    behaviour, or force their posts to go through "moderation" (they
    don't go out unless we approve them.)<br>
    <br>
    The fact is that I've been on one or another of the team.net lists
    for close to 20 years (Spridgets and MGs, mostly, but also Triumphs
    and a few others) I have yet to encounter a spam problem on <u>any</u>
    of them.<br>
    <br>
    Chris K.<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------020901020502040204050107--

--===============2023049398==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2023049398==--

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]> mail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:32:41 -0400

Thanks, but mine is not rusted solid.  It worked fine just a few 
hours earlier.  Something broke or jammed in there.  Only one way to 
find out.  I have to open it up and look around in there.

-Steve T.

At 05:30 PM 10/22/2013, charles durning wrote:
>Steve,
>
>I had a simular problem with a little used rear window.  For some 
>unknown reason it just rusted solid.  I ended up soaking the crank 
>end in ATF/acetone for a day and it loosened up.  Hopefully the 
>gears didn't slip and break a tooth.  You might try some silicone 
>spray on the felts in the door.
>
>Charlie Durning

---

From: Arch Boston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:32:01 -0400

There is a very old saying...  If it ain't broke don't fix it!  Things have been working -- I would advocate leaving things exactly as they are. Arch

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 22, 2013, at 4:44 PM, Chris Kotting <[email-masked]> wrote:

> AFAIK we can't set things up so that new members have to be "vetted," we can kick someone off the list for bad behaviour, or force their posts to go through "moderation" (they don't go out unless we approve them.)
> 
> The fact is that I've been on one or another of the team.net lists for close to 20 years (Spridgets and MGs, mostly, but also Triumphs and a few others) I have yet to encounter a spam problem on any of them.
> 
> Chris K.
> 
> 
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]
>

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 15:49:52 -0600

Chris Kotting wrote:
> AFAIK we can't set things up so that new members have to be "vetted," 
> we _can_ kick someone off the list for bad behaviour, or force their 
> posts to go through "moderation" (they don't go out unless we approve 
> them.)
>

The list can be set to require approval of new subscribers.  The admins 
could send the applicants an
email asking some simple, inforative questions, and accept or decline.

> few others) I have yet to encounter a spam problem on _any_ of them.

The biggest problem at the moment is list members who have their 
addresses hacked, so spammers
send stuff to the list which does go out, because as far as Mailman is 
concerned it came from a real
list subscriber.  But it doesn't happen very often.

mjb.

ps:  Yes, I changed the subject line.

---

From: Edward Brorein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 15:41:42 -0700 (PDT)

--===============0657339931==

--1691886257-1464454354-1382481702=:48787
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi Steve,=0A=A0=0AIt might be you have worn mechanism and it has jumped hal=
f a tooth and jammed. Possibly pulling up or down on the window may get it =
unstuck?=0A=A0=0AGood luck with it!=0A=A0=0AEd=0A=A0=0A=0A=0A______________=
__________________=0AFrom: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>=0ATo: "z=
[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> =0ASent: Tuesday, Octob=
er 22, 2013 4:08 PM=0ASubject: [Zmagnette] Window stuck=0A=0A=0AOK, time to=
 get back to an actual Magnette issue.=A0 I was out in my =0AMagnette yeste=
rday, and everything was going so well, right until I =0Adecided to close m=
y window.=A0 Nothing.=A0 Stuck solid.=A0 The handle moves =0Aback and forth=
 a few inches, but the window does not move at all.=A0 In =0Aa moment of im=
pressive self control, I did not apply any more force =0Ato the handle.=A0 =
I guess the next step is to remove the inner panel =0Aand see what is going=
 on in there.=A0 I have not figured out how to do =0Athat, but I have not c=
racked a manual or investigated at all =0Ayet.=A0 That window had always op=
erated smoothly and effortlessly.=A0 It =0Aoperated easier than the one in =
my Miata.=A0 I&apos;ll let you know what I =0Afind in there. =0A=0A=0A-Stev=
e T.=0A=0A_______________________________________________=0AZmagnette maili=
ng list=0A=0ADonate: http://www.team.net/donate.html=0AArchive: http://www.=
team.net/archive=0AForums: http://www.team.net/forums=0AUnsubscribe/Manage:=
 http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]
--1691886257-1464454354-1382481702=:48787
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:ti=
mes new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:14pt"><div style=3D"RIGHT: =
auto"><SPAN style=3D"RIGHT: auto">Hi Steve,</SPAN></div>
<div style=3D"RIGHT: auto"><SPAN style=3D"RIGHT: auto"></SPAN>&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMIL=
Y: times new roman, new york, times, serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-SIZE: 1=
9px; RIGHT: auto"><SPAN style=3D"RIGHT: auto">It might be you have worn mec=
hanism and it has jumped half a tooth and jammed. Possibly pulling up or do=
wn on the window may get it unstuck?</SPAN></div>
<div style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMIL=
Y: times new roman, new york, times, serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-SIZE: 1=
9px; RIGHT: auto"><SPAN style=3D"RIGHT: auto"></SPAN>&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMIL=
Y: times new roman, new york, times, serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-SIZE: 1=
9px; RIGHT: auto"><SPAN style=3D"RIGHT: auto">Good luck with it!</SPAN></di=
v>
<div style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMIL=
Y: times new roman, new york, times, serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-SIZE: 1=
9px; RIGHT: auto"><SPAN style=3D"RIGHT: auto"></SPAN>&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMIL=
Y: times new roman, new york, times, serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-SIZE: 1=
9px; RIGHT: auto"><SPAN style=3D"RIGHT: auto">Ed</SPAN></div>
<div style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMIL=
Y: times new roman, new york, times, serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-SIZE: 1=
9px; RIGHT: auto"><SPAN style=3D"RIGHT: auto"><VAR id=3Dyui-ie-cursor></VAR=
></SPAN>&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMIL=
Y: times new roman, new york, times, serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-SIZE: 1=
9px; RIGHT: auto"><BR style=3D"RIGHT: auto"></div>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif; FONT-SI=
ZE: 14pt">
<DIV style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif; FONT-SI=
ZE: 12pt">
<DIV style=3D"RIGHT: auto" dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"BORDER-BOTTOM: #ccc 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid; P=
ADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; LINE-HEIGHT: 0; MARGIN: 5px 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PAD=
DING-RIGHT: 0px; HEIGHT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 0px; BORDER-TOP: #ccc 1px solid; B=
ORDER-RIGHT: #ccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=3Dhr contentEditable=
=3Dfalse readonly=3D"true"></DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><B><SPAN style=
=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold">From:</SPAN></B> Steven Trovato &lt;strovato@optonli=
ne.net&gt;<BR><B><SPAN style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold">To:</SPAN></B> "zmagnett=
[email-masked]" &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <BR><B><SPAN style=3D"FO=
NT-WEIGHT: bold">Sent:</SPAN></B> Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:08 PM<BR><B><=
SPAN style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Subject:</SPAN></B> [Zmagnette] Window stu=
ck<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV class=3Dy_msg_container><BR>OK, time to get back to an actual Magnette=
 issue.&nbsp; I was out in my <BR clear=3Dnone>Magnette yesterday, and ever=
ything was going so well, right until I <BR clear=3Dnone>decided to close m=
y window.&nbsp; Nothing.&nbsp; Stuck solid.&nbsp; The handle moves <BR clea=
r=3Dnone>back and forth a few inches, but the window does not move at all.&=
nbsp; In <BR clear=3Dnone>a moment of impressive self control, I did not ap=
ply any more force <BR clear=3Dnone>to the handle.&nbsp; I guess the next s=
tep is to remove the inner panel <BR clear=3Dnone>and see what is going on =
in there.&nbsp; I have not figured out how to do <BR clear=3Dnone>that, but=
 I have not cracked a manual or investigated at all <BR clear=3Dnone>yet.&n=
bsp; That window had always operated smoothly and effortlessly.&nbsp; It <B=
R clear=3Dnone>operated easier than the one in my Miata.&nbsp; I&amp;apos;l=
l let you know what I <BR clear=3Dnone>find in there.
<DIV id=3Dyqtfd28391 class=3Dyqt9753445274><BR clear=3Dnone><BR clear=3Dnon=
e>-Steve T.<BR clear=3Dnone><BR clear=3Dnone>______________________________=
_________________<BR clear=3Dnone>Zmagnette mailing list<BR clear=3Dnone><B=
R clear=3Dnone>Donate: <A href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" shape=3D=
rect target=3D_blank>http://www.team.net/donate.html</A><BR clear=3Dnone>Ar=
chive: <A href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" shape=3Drect target=3D_blank=
>http://www.team.net/archive</A><BR clear=3Dnone>Forums: <A href=3D"http://=
www.team.net/forums" shape=3Drect target=3D_blank>http://www.team.net/forum=
s</A><BR clear=3Dnone>Unsubscribe/Manage: <A href=3D"http://autox.team.net/=
mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]" shape=3Drect target=3D_blank>h=
ttp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]</A><BR cle=
ar=3Dnone><BR clear=3Dnone></DIV><BR><BR></DIV></DIV></DIV></div></body></h=
tml>
--1691886257-1464454354-1382481702=:48787--

--===============0657339931==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0657339931==--

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 19:12:54 -0400

That might be the case.  Unfortunately the window is all the way down 
so I can't pull or push it until I remove the door panel.  When that 
happens is the mechanism toast or is there a way to fix it?  Thanks.

-Steve T.

At 06:41 PM 10/22/2013, Edward Brorein wrote:
>Hi Steve,
>
>It might be you have worn mechanism and it has jumped half a tooth 
>and jammed. Possibly pulling up or down on the window may get it unstuck?
>
>Good luck with it!
>
>Ed

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]> mail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 19:16:42 -0400

Thank you.  I'll keep that in mind.  So, I'm wondering, the last two 
things you sent went directly to me and not to the list.  Was that 
intentional or are you a victim of the reply button only sending to 
the individual?  We have been having a lengthy discussion on that, in 
case you haven't been following along.

-Steve T.

At 06:00 PM 10/22/2013, charles durning wrote:
>Steve,
>
>It's an easy job, less than 1 hour.  The window reg is a breeze in 
>these cars.  I do have some spare window regs if you are in a 
>bind.  They''re rusty but work.  The left rear looks almost new with no rust.
>
>
>Charlie Durning

---

From: charles durning <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 20:33:31 -0500

--===============1485693234==

--089e0160a24043316504e95e8142

Perhaps I am a victim of the reply button.  This time I replied to all.

Charlie d

Charlie Durning

If you are using Google or Gmail, Big Brother is watching.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM, Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>wrote:

> intentional or are you a victim of the reply button only sending to the
> individual?  We have been having a lengthy discussion on that, in case you
> haven't been following along.
>
> -Steve T.
>
>> It's an easy job, less than 1 hour.  The window reg is a breeze in these
>> cars.  I do have some spare window regs if you are in a bind.  They''re
>> rusty but work.  The left rear looks almost new with no rust.
>>
>>
>> Charlie Durning
>>
>
>

--089e0160a24043316504e95e8142
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Perhaps I am a victim of the reply button.=A0 This ti=
me I replied to all.</div><div>=A0</div><div>Charlie d</div></div><div clas=
s=3D"gmail_extra"><br clear=3D"all"><div><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>=A0</div>
<div>Charlie Durning</div>
<div>=A0</div>
<div><font size=3D"4">If you are using Google or Gmail, Big Brother is watc=
hing.</font></div>
<div>=A0</div></div></div>
<br><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM, Steven =
Trovato <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" tar=
get=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote =
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid=
;padding-left:1ex">
Thank you. =A0I&#39;ll keep that in mind. =A0So, I&#39;m wondering, the las=
t two things you sent went directly to me and not to the list. =A0Was that =
intentional or are you a victim of the reply button only sending to the ind=
ividual? =A0We have been having a lengthy discussion on that, in case you h=
aven&#39;t been following along.<br>

<br>
-Steve T.<br>
<br>
At 06:00 PM 10/22/2013, charles durning wrote:<br>
<blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;padding=
-left:1ex;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-width:1px;border-l=
eft-style:solid">
Steve,<br>
<br>
It&#39;s an easy job, less than 1 hour. =A0The window reg is a breeze in th=
ese cars. =A0I do have some spare window regs if you are in a bind. =A0They=
&#39;&#39;re rusty but work. =A0The left rear looks almost new with no rust=
.<br>

<br>
<br>
Charlie Durning<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
</blockquote></div><br></div>

--089e0160a24043316504e95e8142--

--===============1485693234==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1485693234==--

---

From: Fletcher Millmore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 21:55:07 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1342688871==
 boundary="------------070308090109040402040706"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------070308090109040402040706
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

And this time I got it!

FRM
On 10/22/2013 9:33 PM, charles durning wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM, Steven Trovato 
>
>     Thank you.  I'll keep that in mind.  So, I'm wondering, the last
>     two things you sent went directly to me and not to the list.  Was
>     that intentional or are you a victim of the reply button only
>     sending to the individual?  We have been having a lengthy
>     discussion on that, in case you haven't been following along.
>
>     -Steve T.
>
>         It's an easy job, less than 1 hour.  The window reg is a
>         breeze in these cars.  I do have some spare window regs if you
>         are in a bind.  They''re rusty but work.  The left rear looks
>         almost new with no rust.
>
>
>         Charlie Durning
>
>
>
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]
>

--------------070308090109040402040706
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    And this time I got it!<br>
    <br>
    FRM<br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/22/2013 9:33 PM, charles durning
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:CAF682mEvyWxN37GkLD2ddotXAv6sqSAMop39xNn=gVQBn=[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div>Perhaps I am a victim of the reply button.&nbsp; This time I
          replied to all.</div>
        <div>&nbsp;</div>
        <div>Charlie d</div>
      </div>
      <div class="gmail_extra"><br clear="all">
        <div>
          <div dir="ltr">
            <div>&nbsp;</div>
            <div>Charlie Durning</div>
            <div>&nbsp;</div>
            <div><font size="4">If you are using Google or Gmail, Big
                Brother is watching.</font></div>
            <div>&nbsp;</div>
          </div>
        </div>
        <br>
        <br>
        <div class="gmail_quote">On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM, Steven
          Trovato <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span>
          wrote:<br>
          <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
            Thank you. &nbsp;I'll keep that in mind. &nbsp;So, I'm wondering, the
            last two things you sent went directly to me and not to the
            list. &nbsp;Was that intentional or are you a victim of the reply
            button only sending to the individual? &nbsp;We have been having
            a lengthy discussion on that, in case you haven't been
            following along.<br>
            <br>
            -Steve T.<br>
            <br>
            At 06:00 PM 10/22/2013, charles durning wrote:<br>
            <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px
0.8ex;padding-left:1ex;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-width:1px;border-left-style:solid">Steve,<br>
              <br>
              It's an easy job, less than 1 hour. &nbsp;The window reg is a
              breeze in these cars. &nbsp;I do have some spare window regs if
              you are in a bind. &nbsp;They''re rusty but work. &nbsp;The left
              rear looks almost new with no rust.<br>
              <br>
              <br>
              Charlie Durning<br>
            </blockquote>
            <br>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
        <br>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------070308090109040402040706--

--===============1342688871==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1342688871==--

---

From: Allen Bachelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 22:20:49 -0400

--===============1878798800==

--Apple-Mail-80-460724287
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

Charlie,

It worked!

Allen

On Oct 22, 2013, at 9:33 PM, charles durning wrote:

> Perhaps I am a victim of the reply button.  This time I replied to =
all.
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM, Steven Trovato =
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Thank you.  I'll keep that in mind.  So, I'm wondering, the last two =
things you sent went directly to me and not to the list.  Was that =
intentional or are you a victim of the reply button only sending to the =
individual?  We have been having a lengthy discussion on that, in case =
you haven't been following along.
> It's an easy job, less than 1 hour.  The window reg is a breeze in =
these cars.  I do have some spare window regs if you are in a bind.  =
They''re rusty but work.  The left rear looks almost new with no rust.

--Apple-Mail-80-460724287
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

">Charlie,<div><br></div><div>It =
worked!</div><div><br></div><div>Allen<br><div>

<br><div><div>On Oct 22, 2013, at 9:33 PM, charles durning =
wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Perhaps I am a victim of the reply =
button.&nbsp; This time I replied to =
all.</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>Charlie d</div></div><div =
class=3D"gmail_extra"><br clear=3D"all"><div><div =
dir=3D"ltr"><div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Charlie Durning</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font size=3D"4">If you are using Google or Gmail, Big Brother is =
watching.</font></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div></div></div>
<br><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM, =
Steven Trovato <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> =
wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 =
.8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Thank you. &nbsp;I'll keep that in mind. &nbsp;So, I'm wondering, the =
last two things you sent went directly to me and not to the list. =
&nbsp;Was that intentional or are you a victim of the reply button only =
sending to the individual? &nbsp;We have been having a lengthy =
discussion on that, in case you haven't been following along.<br>

<br>
-Steve T.<br>
<br>
At 06:00 PM 10/22/2013, charles durning wrote:<br>
<blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px =
0.8ex;padding-left:1ex;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-widt=
h:1px;border-left-style:solid">
Steve,<br>
<br>
It's an easy job, less than 1 hour. &nbsp;The window reg is a breeze in =
these cars. &nbsp;I do have some spare window regs if you are in a bind. =
&nbsp;They''re rusty but work. &nbsp;The left rear looks almost new with =
no rust.<br>

<br>
<br>
Charlie Durning<br>
</blockquote>
<br>

--Apple-Mail-80-460724287--

--===============1878798800==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1878798800==--

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 08:52:06 -0400

Thanks.  I knew most of that, but I was wondering if I needed to 
remove the door pull.  I'll let you know what I find in there.

-Steve T.

At 04:10 AM 10/23/2013, you wrote:
>The door inner panels are easy to remove provided you have a proper 
>panel removal tool or maybe a 1 1/2 to 2" wide gasket scraper tool. 
>Expect to break off some of the panel clips..the old ones are metal 
>and rusted, the newer ones are plastic and get brittle. Probably be 
>a good idea to locate a source of some substitute holding clips  for 
>the ones you'll break. You don't need to remove the door pull, but 
>do need to remove the window and door latch handles. These are the 
>old style, held in place with a headless nail type pin in place 
>under the outer rim piece. Press the ring piece down against it's 
>spring and with a very thin punch or a long thin finishing nail, 
>push out the retaining pins...then pry off the panel at the edge as 
>close as you can to each door clip
>Sometimes the window guide track can come loose at the bottom, move 
>around, and put the glass in a bind so to speak, making it difficult 
>to wind up and down. Don't forget that you can spray a bit of 
>silicone down the guide track felts to ease movement too.
>I did all 4 doors last summer to try and make them easier, and also 
>took out the window winder works to try and replace some of the 54 
>years old grease in the gears with some newer lube. It does help.
>
>Wombat

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:10:31 -0400

OK, here's the update.  The door panel came off without much 
trouble.  The window itself was fine, but the regulator was frozen 
solid.  I removed the regulator from the car.  The regulator looks 
very good, no rust, just some very old grease.  The mechanism 
consists of the crank, a shaft, a small pinion gear and a large 
sector gear.  With enough fiddling, I was able to get the mechanism 
moving, but it intermittently binds at various points.  I have a lot 
of play between the shaft and pinion gear.  I can move the window 
crank 40 degrees back and forth without the sector gear moving.  The 
other window regulators in the car have some play, but not this 
much.  This play seems to be coming from the attachment of the shaft 
to the pinion gear.  When the mechanism binds, the shaft is tight, 
but I can make the pinion move back and forth easily by pushing the 
arm.  This is odd, because when this was all  in the car, the crank 
moved easily 40 degrees and something past there was frozen.  So I 
guess I need to figure out why the shaft is binding, and how the 
pinion is attached to the shaft.  The biggest question is whether or 
not any of this can be accessed for service.  It doesn't look like 
it, at least not easily.  Comments welcome!

-Steve T.

---

From: "Wayne & Isabel Hardy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 13:44:57 -0500

You can take it apart BUT before you do, find someone with a wrecked out car 
who will sell you a winder mechanism, JUST IN CASE. Sounds like a lot of 
wear between the shaft and the gear center area. I had one apart once and 
don't remember why now..maybe to clean the old hard as a rock grease off, 
and never got it back together properly which is why now I have a spare 
window glass attached to the metal bracket but no winder mechanism.

Wombat

-----Original Message----- 
From: Steven Trovato
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:10 PM
To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Window stuck

-Steve T.

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]

---

From: charles durning <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 13:51:55 -0500

--===============2042548737==

--089e01493c06d8987b04e96d02cb

Steve,

I'll have to take a look at one of my regulators when I get home.  If the
sheet metal parts are held together with rivets you may be able to drill
them out to get it apart.  If spot welds you may be able to drill out the
spot welds.

If there is room you may be able to put it back together steel pop rivets
or some screws and lock nuts.

Sounds like the pinion could be attached to the shaft with a roll pin.  If
that's the case another roll pin just could be the answer.

Charlie Durning

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>wrote:

> OK, here's the update.  The door panel came off without much trouble.  The
> window itself was fine, but the regulator was frozen solid.  I removed the
> regulator from the car.  The regulator looks very good, no rust, just some
> very old grease.  The mechanism consists of the crank, a shaft, a small
> pinion gear and a large sector gear.  With enough fiddling, I was able to
> get the mechanism moving, but it intermittently binds at various points.  I
> have a lot of play between the shaft and pinion gear.  I can move the
> window crank 40 degrees back and forth without the sector gear moving.  The
> other window regulators in the car have some play, but not this much.  This
> play seems to be coming from the attachment of the shaft to the pinion
> gear.  When the mechanism binds, the shaft is tight, but I can make the
> pinion move back and forth easily by pushing the arm.  This is odd, because
> when this was all  in the car, the crank moved easily 40 degrees and
> something past there was frozen.  So I guess I need to figure out why the
> shaft is binding, and how the pinion is attached to the shaft.  The biggest
> question is whether or not any of this can be accessed for service.  It
> doesn't look like it, at least not easily.  Comments welcome!
>
> -Steve T.
>
>
> ______________________________**_________________
> Zmagnette mailing list
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**options/zmagnette/**
> [email-masked]<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]>
>
>

--089e01493c06d8987b04e96d02cb
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>Steve,</div>
<div>=A0</div>
<div>I&#39;ll have to take a look at one of my regulators when I get home.=
=A0 If the sheet metal parts are held together with rivets you may be able =
to drill them out to get it apart.=A0 If spot welds you may be able to dril=
l out the spot welds.=A0 </div>

<div>=A0</div>
<div>If there is room you may be able to put it back together steel pop riv=
ets or some screws and lock nuts.=A0</div>
<div>=A0</div>
<div>Sounds like the pinion could be attached to the shaft with a roll pin.=
=A0 If that&#39;s the case another roll pin just could be the answer.<br cl=
ear=3D"all"></div>
<div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div>=A0</div>
<div>Charlie Durning</div>
<div>=A0</div>
<div><font size=3D"4">If you are using Google or Gmail, Big Brother is watc=
hing.</font></div>
<div>=A0</div></div></div><br><br>
<div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Steven Trovato =
<span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_=
blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>
<blockquote style=3D"BORDER-LEFT:#ccc 1px solid;MARGIN:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;PA=
DDING-LEFT:1ex" class=3D"gmail_quote">OK, here&#39;s the update. =A0The doo=
r panel came off without much trouble. =A0The window itself was fine, but t=
he regulator was frozen solid. =A0I removed the regulator from the car. =A0=
The regulator looks very good, no rust, just some very old grease. =A0The m=
echanism consists of the crank, a shaft, a small pinion gear and a large se=
ctor gear. =A0With enough fiddling, I was able to get the mechanism moving,=
 but it intermittently binds at various points. =A0I have a lot of play bet=
ween the shaft and pinion gear. =A0I can move the window crank 40 degrees b=
ack and forth without the sector gear moving. =A0The other window regulator=
s in the car have some play, but not this much. =A0This play seems to be co=
ming from the attachment of the shaft to the pinion gear. =A0When the mecha=
nism binds, the shaft is tight, but I can make the pinion move back and for=
th easily by pushing the arm. =A0This is odd, because when this was all =A0=
in the car, the crank moved easily 40 degrees and something past there was =
frozen. =A0So I guess I need to figure out why the shaft is binding, and ho=
w the pinion is attached to the shaft. =A0The biggest question is whether o=
r not any of this can be accessed for service. =A0It doesn&#39;t look like =
it, at least not easily. =A0Comments welcome!<br>
<br>-Steve T.=20
<div class=3D"HOEnZb">
<div class=3D"h5"><br><br>______________________________<u></u>____________=
_____<br>Zmagnette mailing list<br><br>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.<u></u>html</a=
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" t=
arget=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a h=
ref=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/durningcharles@gmail=
.com" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/<u></u>options/zmagne=
tte/<u></u>[email-masked]</a><br>
<br></div></div></blockquote></div><br>

--089e01493c06d8987b04e96d02cb--

--===============2042548737==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2042548737==--

---

From: charles durning <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 13:55:01 -0500

--===============1047199214==

--089e0115fe1ef0f44e04e96d0dab

Steve,

One more thing.  There should be a big coiled spring in the mech.  The
spring is to make it easier to roll up the glass.  Observe how it is
installed so you can get it back in the same place.

Charlie Durning

> doesn't look like it, at least not easily.  Comments welcome!

--089e0115fe1ef0f44e04e96d0dab
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>Steve,</div>
<div>=A0</div>
<div>One more thing.=A0 There should be a big coiled spring in the mech.=A0=
 The spring is to make it easier to roll up the glass.=A0 Observe how it is=
 installed so you can get it back in the same place.=A0<br clear=3D"all"></=
div>
<div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div>=A0</div>

--089e0115fe1ef0f44e04e96d0dab--

--===============1047199214==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1047199214==--

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]> mail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 17:36:57 -0400

Thank you all  for your various suggestions.  I just found a great 
article on repairing these.  It's on Barney's 
site:  mgaguru.com/mgtech/coupe/cp112.htm.  He doesn't have that much 
on Magnettes, but in this case, the article covers the Magnette very 
well.  Check it out.

A related question, about the door panel clips.  Mine are the 
original metal ones.  I didn't break any, but several got broken by 
others over the years.  What are you using for this?  I don't care if 
the replacements are plastic, as long as they work.  Is this 
something that one can get locally or is it an MG thing?

-Steve T.

---

From: Arch Boston <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 19:12:21 -0400

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 23, 2013, at 8:52 AM, Steven Trovato <[email-masked]
> 
>> The door inner panels per tool. Expect to break off some of et d ate urce of some substitute holding clips  for the ones you'll break. You don't need to remove the door pull, but do need to remove the window and door latch handles. These are the old style, held in place with a headless nail type pin in place under the outer rim piece. Press the ring piece down against it's spring and with a very thin punch or a long thin finishing nail, push out the retaining pins...then pry off the panel at the edge as close as you can to each door clip
>> Sometimes the window guide track can come loose at the bottom, move around, and put the glass in a bind so to speak, making it difficult to wind up and down. Don't forget that you can spray a bit of silicone down the guide track felts to ease movement too.
>> I did all 4 doors last summer to try and make them easier, and also took out the window winder works to try and replace some of the 54 years old grease in the gears with some newer lube. It does help.
>> 
>> Wombat
>

---

From: "Wayne & Isabel Hardy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 18:58:51 -0500

I found some plastic ones at the local upholstery shop, they have heads that 
will go through the existing holes and then are held in place by a series of 
rings like feathers which go in as far as you need then just stay. They do 
not pull back out well, so get a bunch.

Wombat

-----Original Message----- 
From: Steven Trovato
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:36 PM
To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Window stuck

-Steve T.

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 20:43:42 -0400

I'm familiar with those "feathers" as you call them.  That type of 
fastener is common on modern cars.  It's the other end that seems 
tricky.  The metal clips seem to be attached by the bent ends into 
two small slots, about an inch apart.  What you found engaged those slots?

-Steve T.

At 07:58 PM 10/23/2013, you wrote:
>I found some plastic ones at the local upholstery shop, they have 
>heads that will go through the existing holes and then are held in 
>place by a series of rings like feathers which go in as far as you 
>need then just stay. They do not pull back out well, so get a bunch.
>
>Wombat

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 22:48:24 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_+XS3s3bynlJvfGAdwP31Fw)
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

This is what I have.  One of the pictures is terrible, but you can 
get the idea and I don't feel like going down to the garage to shoot 
another one.  Maybe tomorrow.

-Steve T.

--Boundary_(ID_+XS3s3bynlJvfGAdwP31Fw)
Content-transfer-encoding: base64
Content-disposition: attachment; filename="door clip 1.jpg"

--Boundary_(ID_+XS3s3bynlJvfGAdwP31Fw)
Content-transfer-encoding: base64
Content-disposition: attachment; filename="door clip 2.jpg"

--Boundary_(ID_+XS3s3bynlJvfGAdwP31Fw)
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--Boundary_(ID_+XS3s3bynlJvfGAdwP31Fw)--

---

From: "Wayne & Isabel Hardy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 02:45:09 -0500

It's obvious that my door cards are not factory stock..they have keyhole 
shaped holes with the clip going through the hole and sliding into place 
down the key slot part. Not much like yours at all. My car had the metal 
clips in use though until I put some of the plastic ones in, and I know for 
a fact that I have a new interior kit installed now in dark red as opposed 
to the green it came originally.
I bet NTG or Lou has some of the factory style clips. The old American car 
metal ones I've seen come from antique cars magazines like "Old Fords 
Parts"and such. You might try some of those folks.

Wombat

-----Original Message----- 
From: Steven Trovato
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:43 PM
To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Window stuck

-Steve T.

At 07:58 PM 10/23/2013, you wrote:
>I found some plastic ones at the local upholstery shop, they have heads 
>that will go through the existing holes and then are held in place by a 
>series of rings like feathers which go in as far as you need then just 
>stay. They do not pull back out well, so get a bunch.
>
>Wombat

---

From: John MArcell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 07:01:31 -0500

Think I may have some

Out of town till next Thursday

Phil

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 23, 2013, at 9:48 PM, Steven Trovato <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> This is what I have.  One of the pictures is terrible, but you can get the idea and I don't feel like going down to the garage to shoot another one.  Maybe tomorrow.
> 
> -Steve T.
> <door clip 1.jpg>
> <door clip 2.jpg>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]
>

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 20:46:03 -0400

OK, thanks.  I'll see what I'm up to by then.

-Steve T.

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 11:41:22 -0400

Heres the latest on my window saga.  I have disassembled the window 
regulator.  I have drilled the rivets that hold the window crank part 
to the regulator.  In there is a retainer spring.  Each end of the 
spring has hooks that engage the drive slot edges.  When you crank 
the window, the shaft and retainer spring turn inside the housing.  I 
could take pictures, but there are some excellent ones on Barney's 
site here:  http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/coupe/cp112.htm

On my regulator, both ends of the spring broke off.  The spring was 
remaining stationary, and the shaft was turning within.  The little 
broken spring ends were floating around in the mechanism.  I think 
they were jamming it and causing the symptoms.  All the rest of the 
parts look great.

I have cannibalized an MGA coupe window regulator.  It has a good 
spring.  Rather than try to disengage the spring and move it to the 
other shaft, I think I will just take the whole shaft with spring 
attached from the MGA and put it into the Magnette regulator.  Then 
it is just a matter of reattaching the shaft with some pop rivets, 
lubricating everything with some non-antique grease and putting it 
back into the door.  I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW, I thought it was interesting that the repair shown on Barney's 
site involves using parts from a Magnette regulator to repair an MGA 
coupe regulator.  I am doing the exact opposite!  Poetic justice?

-Steve T.

---

From: charles durning <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 11:24:03 -0500

--===============1626052862==

--001a11c3d9b4f6388e04e9f7c293

Steve,

Sounds like you are a crafty soul.  Good job.

Charlie Durning

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>wrote:

> regulator.  I have drilled the rivets that hold the window crank part to
> the regulator.  In there is a retainer spring.  Each end of the spring has
> hooks that engage the drive slot edges.  When you crank the window, the
> shaft and retainer spring turn inside the housing.  I could take pictures,
> but there are some excellent ones on Barney's site here:
> http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/**coupe/cp112.htm<http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/coupe/cp112.htm>
>
> remaining stationary, and the shaft was turning within.  The little broken
> spring ends were floating around in the mechanism.  I think they were
> jamming it and causing the symptoms.  All the rest of the parts look great.
>
> I have cannibalized an MGA coupe window regulator.  It has a good spring.
>  Rather than try to disengage the spring and move it to the other shaft, I
> think I will just take the whole shaft with spring attached from the MGA
> and put it into the Magnette regulator.  Then it is just a matter of
> reattaching the shaft with some pop rivets, lubricating everything with
> some non-antique grease and putting it back into the door.  I'll let you
> know how it goes.
>
> BTW, I thought it was interesting that the repair shown on Barney's site
> involves using parts from a Magnette regulator to repair an MGA coupe
> regulator.  I am doing the exact opposite!  Poetic justice?
>
> -Steve T.
>

--001a11c3d9b4f6388e04e9f7c293
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>Steve,</div>
<div>=A0</div>
<div>Sounds like you are a crafty soul.=A0 Good job.<br clear=3D"all"></div=
<div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div>=A0</div>
<div>Charlie Durning</div>
<div>=A0</div>
<div><font size=3D"4">If you are using Google or Gmail, Big Brother is watc=
hing.</font></div>
<div>=A0</div></div></div><br><br>
<div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Steven Trovato=
 <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"=
_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>
<blockquote style=3D"BORDER-LEFT:#ccc 1px solid;MARGIN:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;PA=
DDING-LEFT:1ex" class=3D"gmail_quote">Heres the latest on my window saga. =
=A0I have disassembled the window regulator. =A0I have drilled the rivets t=
hat hold the window crank part to the regulator. =A0In there is a retainer =
spring. =A0Each end of the spring has hooks that engage the drive slot edge=
s. =A0When you crank the window, the shaft and retainer spring turn inside =
the housing. =A0I could take pictures, but there are some excellent ones on=
 Barney&#39;s site here: =A0<a href=3D"http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/coupe/cp11=
2.htm" target=3D"_blank">http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/<u></u>coupe/cp112.htm</=
a><br>
<br>On my regulator, both ends of the spring broke off. =A0The spring was r=
emaining stationary, and the shaft was turning within. =A0The little broken=
 spring ends were floating around in the mechanism. =A0I think they were ja=
mming it and causing the symptoms. =A0All the rest of the parts look great.=
<br>
<br>I have cannibalized an MGA coupe window regulator. =A0It has a good spr=
ing. =A0Rather than try to disengage the spring and move it to the other sh=
aft, I think I will just take the whole shaft with spring attached from the=
 MGA and put it into the Magnette regulator. =A0Then it is just a matter of=
 reattaching the shaft with some pop rivets, lubricating everything with so=
me non-antique grease and putting it back into the door. =A0I&#39;ll let yo=
u know how it goes.<br>
<br>BTW, I thought it was interesting that the repair shown on Barney&#39;s=
 site involves using parts from a Magnette regulator to repair an MGA coupe=
 regulator. =A0I am doing the exact opposite! =A0Poetic justice?<br><br>-St=
eve T.<br>
<br>______________________________<u></u>_________________<br>Zmagnette mai=
ling list<br><br>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.<u></u>html</a><br>Archive: <a href=
=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/arch=
ive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.ne=
t/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://autox.team.net/mailman/<u></u>options/zmagnette/<u></u>durningcharles@g=
mail.com</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><br>

--001a11c3d9b4f6388e04e9f7c293--

--===============1626052862==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1626052862==--

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]> mail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 12:47:10 -0400

Thank you, but I am not declaring victory until I have it back 
together, in the car and working properly!

-Steve T.

---

From: "Wayne & Isabel Hardy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 11:50:19 -0500

Maybe when Barney was doing his little "Fix-it" page on windows it was 
easier to find old Magnettes rotting away in the junk yards than it was MGA 
coupes. In any case he's an MGA guy first so that would figure to be the one 
he's fixing.
Interesting though that the springs broke off after only 55 years of use...

Wombat

-----Original Message----- 
From: Steven Trovato
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:41 AM
To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Window stuck, update

-Steve T.

---

From: David Halliday <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 22:55:52 +0000

--===============1434746447==

--047d7bdc8afe5e6d7904e9fd3dcf

As a Magnette guy and an MGA Coupe guy, I'm not really sure where I stand
on this one?!!!!

Kind regards,

David

On 30 October 2013 16:50, Wayne & Isabel Hardy <[email-masked]>wrote:

> coupes. In any case he's an MGA guy first so that would figure to be the
> one he's fixing.
> -----Original Message----- From: Steven Trovato
> site here:  http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/**coupe/cp112.htm<http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/coupe/cp112.htm>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
> options/zmagnette/gwhardy@**suddenlink.net<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
> options/zmagnette/davidh@**egopharm.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]>
>
>

--047d7bdc8afe5e6d7904e9fd3dcf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">As a Magnette guy and an MGA Coupe guy, I&#39;m not really=
 sure where I stand on this one?!!!!<br><div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br=
 clear=3D"all"><div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br>Kind regards,<br><br>David<br><br>=
<br></div>

</div>
<br><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On 30 October 2013 16:50, Wayne &amp; Is=
abel Hardy <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquo=
te class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc so=
lid;padding-left:1ex">

Maybe when Barney was doing his little &quot;Fix-it&quot; page on windows i=
t was easier to find old Magnettes rotting away in the junk yards than it w=
as MGA coupes. In any case he&#39;s an MGA guy first so that would figure t=
o be the one he&#39;s fixing.<br>

Interesting though that the springs broke off after only 55 years of use...=
<br>
<br>
Wombat<br>
<br>
-----Original Message----- From: Steven Trovato<br>
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:41 AM<br>
To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America<br>
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Window stuck, update<div><div class=3D"h5"><br>
<br>
Heres the latest on my window saga. =A0I have disassembled the window<br>
regulator. =A0I have drilled the rivets that hold the window crank part<br>
to the regulator. =A0In there is a retainer spring. =A0Each end of the<br>
spring has hooks that engage the drive slot edges. =A0When you crank<br>
the window, the shaft and retainer spring turn inside the housing. =A0I<br>
could take pictures, but there are some excellent ones on Barney&#39;s<br>
site here: =A0<a href=3D"http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/coupe/cp112.htm" target=
=3D"_blank">http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/<u></u>coupe/cp112.htm</a><br>
<br>
On my regulator, both ends of the spring broke off. =A0The spring was<br>
remaining stationary, and the shaft was turning within. =A0The little<br>
broken spring ends were floating around in the mechanism. =A0I think<br>
they were jamming it and causing the symptoms. =A0All the rest of the<br>
parts look great.<br>
<br>
I have cannibalized an MGA coupe window regulator. =A0It has a good<br>
spring. =A0Rather than try to disengage the spring and move it to the<br>
other shaft, I think I will just take the whole shaft with spring<br>
attached from the MGA and put it into the Magnette regulator. =A0Then<br>
it is just a matter of reattaching the shaft with some pop rivets,<br>
lubricating everything with some non-antique grease and putting it<br>
back into the door. =A0I&#39;ll let you know how it goes.<br>
<br>
BTW, I thought it was interesting that the repair shown on Barney&#39;s<br>
site involves using parts from a Magnette regulator to repair an MGA<br>
coupe regulator. =A0I am doing the exact opposite! =A0Poetic justice?<br>
<br>
-Steve T.<br>
<br>
______________________________<u></u>_________________<br>
Zmagnette mailing list<br>
<br>
//www.team.net/donate.<u></u>html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br></div></div>
tte/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman=
/<u></u>options/zmagnette/gwhardy@<u></u>suddenlink.net</a> <br><div class=
=3D"HOEnZb">

<div class=3D"h5">
______________________________<u></u>_________________<br>
Zmagnette mailing list<br>
<br>
//www.team.net/donate.<u></u>html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br>
tte/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/<u=
></u>options/zmagnette/davidh@<u></u>egopharm.com</a><br>
<br>
</div></div></blockquote></div><br></div></div></div>

--047d7bdc8afe5e6d7904e9fd3dcf--

--===============1434746447==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1434746447==--

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]> mail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 19:21:10 -0400

Well, it's not like I ripped it out of a running MGA.  I have this 
old coupe door that I got with a bunch of assorted spare parts.  I 
used a spare MG part to fix an MG.  The thing has been taking up 
space for years and I don't own a coupe.  Someone already took the 
lock mechanism out.  The bottom is all rusted through.  The glass is 
all there and looks pretty good.  If any coupe owner has a use for 
it, I'd be glad to send it to a good home.  Figure out how to get it 
and it's yours.

-Steve T.

At 06:55 PM 10/30/2013, David Halliday wrote:
>As a Magnette guy and an MGA Coupe guy, I'm not really sure where I 
>stand on this one?!!!!
>
>
>Kind regards,
>
>David

---

From: "David F. Darby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:51:19 -0500

Steve,

Is the window glass right hand or left hand? Perhaps, they are the same. I
guess I had better check the parts list, but I have a smashed glass on my
right hand coupe window.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Steven Trovato
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:21 PM
To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Window stuck, update

-Steve T.

---

From: charles durning <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 21:04:59 -0500

--===============1146054962==

--001a11c3675e8a41ab04e9ffe0cf

Look at it like this.  The MGA lives on within the Magnette due to the
window regulator part transplant.  The transplanted part from a dying or
dead MGA  has breathed new life into a living and breathing Magnette.

Charlie Durning

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 6:21 PM, Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>wrote:

> Well, it's not like I ripped it out of a running MGA.  I have this old
> coupe door that I got with a bunch of assorted spare parts.  I used a spare
> MG part to fix an MG.  The thing has been taking up space for years and I
> don't own a coupe.  Someone already took the lock mechanism out.  The
> bottom is all rusted through.  The glass is all there and looks pretty
> good.  If any coupe owner has a use for it, I'd be glad to send it to a
> good home.  Figure out how to get it and it's yours.
>
> -Steve T.
>
>

--001a11c3675e8a41ab04e9ffe0cf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Look at it like this.=A0 The MGA lives on within the Magne=
tte due to the window regulator part transplant.=A0 The transplanted part f=
rom a dying or dead MGA=A0 has breathed new life into a living and breathin=
g Magnette.</div>
<div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br clear=3D"all"><div><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>=A0=
</div>
<div>Charlie Durning</div>
<div>=A0</div>
<div><font size=3D"4">If you are using Google or Gmail, Big Brother is watc=
hing.</font></div>
<div>=A0</div></div></div>
<br><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 6:21 PM, Steven =
Trovato <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" tar=
get=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote =
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid=
;padding-left:1ex">
Well, it&#39;s not like I ripped it out of a running MGA. =A0I have this ol=
d coupe door that I got with a bunch of assorted spare parts. =A0I used a s=
pare MG part to fix an MG. =A0The thing has been taking up space for years =
and I don&#39;t own a coupe. =A0Someone already took the lock mechanism out=
. =A0The bottom is all rusted through. =A0The glass is all there and looks =
pretty good. =A0If any coupe owner has a use for it, I&#39;d be glad to sen=
d it to a good home. =A0Figure out how to get it and it&#39;s yours.<br>

<br>
-Steve T.<div class=3D"im"><br>
<br>
At 06:55 PM 10/30/2013, David Halliday wrote:<br>
<blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;padding=
-left:1ex;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-width:1px;border-l=
eft-style:solid">
As a Magnette guy and an MGA Coupe guy, I&#39;m not really sure where I sta=
nd on this one?!!!!<br>
<br>
<br>
Kind regards,<br>
<br>
David<br>
</blockquote>
<br></div><div class=3D"im">
______________________________<u></u>_________________<br>
Zmagnette mailing list<br>
<br>
//www.team.net/donate.<u></u>html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br></div>
tte/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailm=
an/<u></u>options/zmagnette/<u></u>[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a11c3675e8a41ab04e9ffe0cf--

--===============1146054962==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1146054962==--