Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] New Member <zmagnette.autox.team.net>

From: "David F. Darby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 10:24:17 -0500

Many of us have been on Mark's lists for years and I think most would agree
that they have been very secure and free of spam and abuse. His hosting
management has been head and shoulders above that of many similar lists.

I should think that we would want to encourage more interest in our
community. There are already quite a few lurkers on the list that never
post, but apparently enjoy monitoring the flow of conversation and
information, so it's not like we are in a sealed environment.

I also haven't noticed any advertisements appended to team.net posts...

David

_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 12:32:14 -0600

> management has been head and shoulders above that of many similar lists.

Thanks for the kind words.  And no, you don't see any advertisements on 
the lists.
There was a period of time when some of the Triumph related lists had a 
line that
said "Sponsored by  the Vintage Triumph Register" and a link to their 
website.
That's about as close as come to ads on lists.

The archives do have some google ads on them, people can click on them and
it puts a nickel or so in the Team.Net coffers.  But mostly the monthly 
costs and
hardware updates are covered by the spring fund drive and the donations that
come in from grateful members along the way.  I'm always grateful for that.

mjb.