Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Rear Springs <zmagnette.autox.team.net>

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 19:28:26 -0400

There are spring shops that do all kinds of fabrication and 
repair.  I don't know if they could help, but I would check in with 
one of them and see what they say.  They might be able to replace 
just that one leaf if the rest are ok.  Worth asking.

-Steve T.

At 07:00 PM 10/22/2013, John Perkins wrote:
>I am in need of a rebuildable pair of rear springs for my ZA.  The 
>springs on my car have notches where the edge of the lower leaf has 
>ground its way a quarter to half way through the leaf above on most 
>of the leaves.  Any suggestions?
>Perkins

_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Allen Bachelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 20:31:29 -0400

If it were me, I'd call John Twist.  John makes new/rebuilt MGB springs by re-arching the old leaves and adding one extra.  The B/GT had seven leaves; the ones John made for me have eight.  I've had 'em on the car for several years now and they're great.  In fact, he's now building me a set for my '65 tourer.

The question would be - can he do the same for a Magnette?  

' Worth checking out. Tell John I sentcha...
Allen
*********************************************
Allen & Florrie Bachelder
North Street, MI
[email-masked]
*********************************************

On Oct 22, 2013, at 7:28 PM, Steven Trovato wrote:

> There are spring shops that do all kinds of fabrication and repair.  I don't know if they could help, but I would check in with one of them and see what they say.  They might be able to replace just that one leaf if the rest are ok.  Worth asking.
> 
> -Steve T.
> 
>> I am in need of a rebuildable pair of rear springs for my ZA.  The springs on my car have notches where the edge of the lower leaf has ground its way a quarter to half way through the leaf above on most of the leaves.  Any suggestions?
>> Perkins
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]
>

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 20:35:37 -0400

I agree.  I  had no idea he did that. So I got this email directly to 
me and not to the list.  Looks like another case of the reply button thing.

-Steve T.

At 08:30 PM 10/22/2013, Allen Bachelder wrote:
>If it were me, I'd call John Twist.  John makes new/rebuilt MGB 
>springs by re-arching the old leaves and adding one extra.  The B/GT 
>had seven leaves; the ones John made for me have eight.  I've had 
>'em on the car for several years now and they're great.  In fact, 
>he's now building me a set for my '65 tourer.
>

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 19:34:04 -0600

> me and not to the list.  Looks like another case of the reply button 

Sort of.  The message was sent to you AND the list.  Your mail system 
realized that the list
message and the personal message were the same, so it only presented you 
with one copy.

mjb.