Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Replies to list... <zmagnette.autox.team.net>

From: Fletcher Millmore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 04:45:47 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1200330052==
 boundary="------------000708070104060400050507"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------000708070104060400050507
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I use Thunderbird, and it now has "reply" and "reply to list" buttons, 
seems simple enough. I had numerous tries with the old system in which I 
attempted to reply to the actual sender, but it always went to the list. 
(Thunderbird did NOT display the two buttons with the old list, just 
"reply")

Allen's experiment with the huge files really screwed my computer last 
night. I got at least 5 copies of that, and everything came to an 
agonizing halt, such that I had to shut it down, but it 
wouldn't/couldn't do that.(Computer just slowed to a stop, which I 
thought was a Firefox problem, but was it trying to download all those 
picture files) Once it got all of it, it then took forever loading (from 
where?) the messages to delete them.Took me 4 hours to shut down and 
restart until eventually it cleared all that stuff.
I think maybe having extremely large file sizes allowed is not good. 
Especially, some folks have a habit of including lots of large file pics 
in one post, which is really a disaster if there is a problem.

I noted Mark's comments re people not editing replies, which was a big 
problem on the Rover list, also flailing since Eric's unfortunate 
passing. Hasn't happened since, but that list is now very sporadic.

FRM

On 10/19/2013 5:57 PM, James Rogers wrote:
> I believe that the default reply should be to reply to the sender in 
> stead of replying to the entire list. I think this default will 
> automatically act to moderate the volume of email traffic by 
> encouraging the one replying to consider if addressing the entire 
> group is necessary. This approach is considered proper listserv/web 
> group etiquette.
>
> Oh, and a thanks to the almighty moderator for setting this whole 
> thing up.
>
> For more info on listserv etiquette see: 
> http://listserv.arizona.edu/etiquette.html
>
> Cheers,
> James
>
> Sent from my Windows Phone
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> From: Steve Kirby
> Sent: 10/19/2013 4:15 PM
> To: Allen Bachelder; zmagnette
> Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Replies to list...
>
> tis better this way, IMHO
>
>     ----- Original Message -----
>     *Sent:* Saturday, October 19, 2013 10:59 AM
>     *Subject:* [Zmagnette] Replies to list...
>
>     OK, we've all noted that with this new list, replies go to the
>     sender only.  You can over-ride this by using a "reply all"
>     function. A computer guru I am not, but I have been to the
>     administrative site and studied the material on the "reply to"
>     function.  It looks like I can change this easily, but the
>     instructions STRONGLY recommend  against it.  I'm not sure I can
>     understand why - outside of the obvious reason that emails
>     intended for one other person only can embarrass or hurt when
>     accidentally sent to an entire list.  The verb to "mung" comes up
>     in this context.  I have googled the term "mung", and have learned
>     only that it is an acronym meaning "modify until no good".  I fail
>     to understand it's use in this context.  I mean, what are the
>     ramifications if I modify my "reply to" function until [it's] no
>     good. Can somebody 'splain...?
>
>     As it is, the default setting prevents the heartbreak of munging
>     as well as accidental hurt or embarrassment.  I can see that it
>     might also be useful in minimizing use of the list for private
>     messaging.  For example: I ask the list if anyone has a spare ZA
>     ashtray.  The responses will come to me only, not the list, and
>     further correspondence about ZA ashtrays, the history of ashtrays,
>     the origin of the term "ashtray", and failed experiments in the
>     design and construction of ashtrays will be restricted to only
>     those interested.
>
>     OTOH, we are all long-accustomed to a list that automatically
>     sends all our replies to the list, and the change will put us all
>     on a new learning curve.
>
>     So - I am left to asking your preferences before I press the magic
>     buttons.  And I know I'm putting myself in a dangerous spot by
>     asking because the results will be about half and half and no
>     matter what I do I'm going to piss somebody off.  To ease my pain,
>     I'll say that barring a strong objection, I'm strongly inclined to
>     make the change back to that to which we are accustomed.
>
>     Yours for better listing... (or is "listing" simply precedent to
>     "sinking"?),
>     Allen
>     */****************************************************************/*
>     */Allen & Florrie Bachelder   =iii=<
>     Spring Creek Home for Wayward MGs/*
>     */'57 ZB, '65 B, '69 C/GT, '73 B/GT/*
>     */North Street, MI 48049, USA/*
>     */http://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs/*
>     */****************************************************************/*
>
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     _______________________________________________
>     Zmagnette mailing list
>
>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>     Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Zmagnette mailing list
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]
>

--------------000708070104060400050507
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    I use Thunderbird, and it now has "reply" and "reply to list"
    buttons, seems simple enough. I had numerous tries with the old
    system in which I attempted to reply to the actual sender, but it
    always went to the list. (Thunderbird did NOT display the two
    buttons with the old list, just "reply")<br>
    <br>
    Allen's experiment with the huge files really screwed my computer
    last night. I got at least 5 copies of that, and everything came to
    an agonizing halt, such that I had to shut it down, but it
    wouldn't/couldn't do that.(Computer just slowed to a stop, which I
    thought was a Firefox problem, but was it trying to download all
    those picture files) Once it got all of it, it then took forever
    loading (from where?) the messages to delete them.Took me 4 hours to
    shut down and restart until eventually it cleared all that stuff.<br>
    I think maybe having extremely large file sizes allowed is not good.
    Especially, some folks have a habit of including lots of large file
    pics in one post, which is really a disaster if there is a problem.<br>
    <br>
    I noted Mark's comments re people not editing replies, which was a
    big problem on the Rover list, also flailing since Eric's
    unfortunate passing. Hasn't happened since, but that list is now
    very sporadic.<br>
    <br>
    FRM<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/19/2013 5:57 PM, James Rogers
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:-1763875194796797718@unknownmsgid" type="cite">
      <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
        http-equiv="Content-Type">
      <div>
        <div style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:11pt">I
          believe that the default reply should be to reply to the
          sender in stead of replying to the entire list. I think this
          default will automatically act to moderate the volume of email
          traffic by encouraging the one replying to consider if
          addressing the entire group is necessary. This approach is
          considered proper listserv/web group etiquette.<br>
          <br>
          Oh, and a thanks to the almighty moderator for setting this
          whole thing up.<br>
          <br>
          For more info on listserv etiquette see: <a
            moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://listserv.arizona.edu/etiquette.html">http://listserv.arizona.edu/etiquette.html</a><br>
          <br>
          Cheers,<br>
          James<br>
          <br>
          Sent from my Windows Phone<br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <hr><span
        style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;font-weight:bold">From:
      </span><span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif;font-size:10pt">Steve
        Kirby</span><br>
      <span
        style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;font-weight:bold">Sent:
      </span><span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif;font-size:10pt">10/19/2013
        4:15 PM</span><br>
      <span
        style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;font-weight:bold">To:
      </span><span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif;font-size:10pt">Allen
        Bachelder; zmagnette</span><br>
      <span
        style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;font-weight:bold">Subject:
      </span><span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif;font-size:10pt">Re:
        [Zmagnette] Replies to list...</span><br>
      <br>
      <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
        http-equiv="Content-Type">
      <meta name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.23532">
      <style></style>
      <div>tis better this way, IMHO</div>
      <blockquote style="BORDER-LEFT:#000000 2px
solid;PADDING-LEFT:5px;PADDING-RIGHT:0px;MARGIN-LEFT:5px;MARGIN-RIGHT:0px">
        <div style="FONT:10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </div>
        <div style="FONT:10pt arial;BACKGROUND:#e4e4e4"><b>From:</b> <a
            moz-do-not-send="true" title="[email-masked]"
            href="mailto:[email-masked]">Allen Bachelder</a> </div>
        <div style="FONT:10pt arial"><b>To:</b> <a
            moz-do-not-send="true" title="[email-masked]"
            href="mailto:[email-masked]">zmagnette</a> </div>
        <div style="FONT:10pt arial"><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, October 19,
          2013 10:59 AM</div>
        <div style="FONT:10pt arial"><b>Subject:</b> [Zmagnette] Replies
          to list...</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        OK, we've all noted that with this new list, replies go to the
        sender only. &nbsp;You can over-ride this by using a "reply all"
        function. A computer guru I am not, but I have been to the
        administrative site and studied the material on the "reply to"
        function. &nbsp;It looks like I can change this easily, but the
        instructions STRONGLY recommend &nbsp;against it. &nbsp;I'm not sure I can
        understand why - outside of the obvious reason that emails
        intended for one other person only can embarrass or hurt when
        accidentally sent to an entire list. &nbsp;The verb to "mung" comes
        up in this context. &nbsp;I have googled the term "mung", and have
        learned only that it is an acronym meaning "modify until no
        good". &nbsp;I fail to understand it's use in this context. &nbsp;I mean,
        what are the ramifications if I modify my "reply to" function
        until [it's] no good. Can somebody 'splain...?
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>As it is, the default setting prevents the heartbreak of
          munging as well as accidental hurt or embarrassment. &nbsp;I can
          see that it might also be useful in minimizing use of the list
          for private messaging. &nbsp;For example: I ask the list if anyone
          has a spare ZA ashtray. &nbsp;The responses will come to me only,
          not the list, and further correspondence about ZA ashtrays,
          the history of ashtrays, the origin of the term "ashtray", and
          failed experiments in the design and construction of ashtrays
          will be restricted to only those interested.&nbsp;</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>OTOH, we are all long-accustomed to a list that
          automatically sends all our replies to the list, and the
          change will put us all on a new learning curve.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>So - I am left to asking your preferences before I press
          the magic buttons. &nbsp;And I know I'm putting myself in a
          dangerous spot by asking because the results will be about
          half and half and no matter what I do I'm going to piss
          somebody off. &nbsp;To ease my pain, I'll say that barring a strong
          objection, I'm strongly inclined to make the change back to
          that to which we are accustomed.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Yours for better listing... (or is "listing" simply
          precedent to "sinking"?),</div>
        <div>Allen<br>
          <div><span
              style="TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;FONT:medium
Helvetica;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;COLOR:rgb(0,0,0);WORD-SPACING:0px"
              class="Apple-style-span"><span
                style="TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;FONT:medium
Helvetica;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;COLOR:rgb(0,0,0);WORD-SPACING:0px"
                class="Apple-style-span">
                <div style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
                    style="TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;FONT:medium
Helvetica;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;COLOR:rgb(0,0,0);WORD-SPACING:0px"
                    class="Apple-style-span"><span
                      style="TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;FONT:medium
Helvetica;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;COLOR:rgb(0,0,0);WORD-SPACING:0px"
                      class="Apple-style-span">
                      <div style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
                          style="TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;FONT:medium
Helvetica;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;COLOR:rgb(0,0,0);WORD-SPACING:0px"
                          class="Apple-style-span">
                          <div style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
                              style="FONT-SIZE:12px"
                              class="Apple-style-span"><b><i>****************************************************************</i></b></span><span
                              style="TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;FONT:medium
Helvetica;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;COLOR:rgb(0,0,0);WORD-SPACING:0px"
                              class="Apple-style-span">
                              <div style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;FONT-FAMILY:Helvetica;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
                                  class="Apple-style-span">
                                  <div style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;FONT-FAMILY:Helvetica;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
                                      class="Apple-style-span">
                                      <div style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;FONT-FAMILY:Helvetica;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
                                          class="Apple-style-span">
                                          <div><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
                                              class="Apple-style-span">
                                              <div
                                                style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                  <div
                                                    style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                      <div
                                                        style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
style="FONT-STYLE:normal;FONT-FAMILY:Helvetica;WORD-WRAP:break-word;COLOR:rgb(0,0,0);FONT-SIZE:12px;FONT-WEIGHT:normal"><b><i>Allen
                                                          &amp; Florrie
                                                          Bachelder &nbsp; &nbsp;
                                                          &nbsp; =iii=&lt;<br>
                                                          Spring Creek
                                                          Home for
                                                          Wayward MGs</i></b></div>
                                                          <div
style="FONT-STYLE:normal;FONT-FAMILY:Helvetica;WORD-WRAP:break-word;COLOR:rgb(0,0,0);FONT-SIZE:12px;FONT-WEIGHT:normal"><b><i>'57
                                                          ZB, '65 B, '69
                                                          C/GT, '73 B/GT</i></b></div>
                                                          <div
style="FONT-STYLE:normal;FONT-FAMILY:Helvetica;WORD-WRAP:break-word;COLOR:rgb(0,0,0);FONT-SIZE:12px;FONT-WEIGHT:normal"><b><i>North
                                                          Street, MI
                                                          48049, USA</i></b></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                        </span></div>
                                                    </span></div>
                                                </span></div>
                                            </span></div>
                                        </span></div>
                                    </span></div>
                                </span><b><i><span
                                      style="FONT-SIZE:12px"
                                      class="Apple-style-span"><a
                                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                                        href="http://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs">http://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs</a></span></i></b><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;FONT-FAMILY:Helvetica;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
                                  class="Apple-style-span">
                                  <div style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;FONT-FAMILY:Helvetica;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
                                      class="Apple-style-span">
                                      <div style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;FONT-FAMILY:Helvetica;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
                                          class="Apple-style-span">
                                          <div><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
                                              class="Apple-style-span">
                                              <div
                                                style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                  <div
                                                    style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                      <div
                                                        style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:break-word"><span
style="LINE-HEIGHT:normal;TEXT-TRANSFORM:none;FONT-VARIANT:normal;TEXT-INDENT:0px;BORDER-COLLAPSE:separate;WHITE-SPACE:normal;LETTER-SPACING:normal;WORD-SPACING:0px"
class="Apple-style-span">
                                                          <div
style="FONT-STYLE:normal;WORD-WRAP:break-word;COLOR:rgb(0,0,0);FONT-WEIGHT:normal"><b><i><span
style="FONT-STYLE:normal;FONT-FAMILY:Helvetica;FONT-SIZE:12px;FONT-WEIGHT:normal"
class="Apple-style-span">****************************************************************</span></i></b></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                          </span></div>
                                                        </span></div>
                                                    </span></div>
                                                </span></div>
                                            </span></div>
                                        </span></div>
                                    </span></div>
                                </span></div>
                            </span></div>
                        </span></div>
                    </span></span></div>
              </span></span></div>
          <br>
        </div>
        <p> </p>
        <hr> _______________________________________________<br>
        Zmagnette mailing list<br>
        <br>
        Donate: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
        Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
        Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
        Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]</a><br>
        <br>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------000708070104060400050507--

--===============1200330052==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1200330052==--

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 12:04:07 -0400

My vote is for reply to go to the list.  99% of my replies are for 
the list.  The conversation is taking place on the list, and I'm 
participating in it, like this one!  It's looking like I'm in the 
minority on this, though.  It's not a huge deal for me.  As I said, I 
just hit "reply all" and delete what I don't want.

I don't really understand why Allen's experiment should have caused 
you such problems.  I certainly didn't get any "extra" copies.  Just 
one of each one sent.  I forwarded Allen's email to myself as an 
experiment.  It took maybe 30 seconds to send and then less than 5 
seconds to receive back.  The "up" direction is typically slower than 
the "down" direction on broadband connections like mine.  With a 
slower connection like dial-up, it will take a lot longer of 
course.  If that's what you have, you have my sympathies.

Some email programs have the option to not download files greater 
than a specified size.  Or sometimes you can leave attachments on the 
server by default.  Then if you really want to see it, you can click 
on it and have it download.  I'm not sure what Thunderbird has.  It 
might be worth checking into if this is a common problem for you.

-Steve T.

At 04:45 AM 10/20/2013, Fletcher Millmore wrote:
>shut down and restart until eventually it cleared all that stuff.
>pics in one post, which is really a disaster if there is a problem.

---

From: "Paul Barrow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 09:13:37 -0700

I am with Steve on this.  If you want a private conversation you can still
have that and those are fine for you to take off line.  I am for the Group
reply as I have a big DELETE button on my keyboard and I can use that if I
don't have time or interest in a thread.

Paul

Paul Barrow
153 Clemons Road
Montesano, WA 98563 USA
+1 360 249 5123 Landline
+1 360 500 9389 Cell phone
+1 360 249 3776 Fax
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Steven Trovato
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:04 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Replies to list...

-Steve T.

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]

---

From: Steve Christiansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 09:57:26 -0700 (PDT)

--===============0813149900==

---837175150-650180318-1382288246=:42925
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Paul & Steve - I am with you and sent my vote to Allen. Most of what I repl=
y is for the list, although very little, and if I want to send something pr=
ivately I can chose to do so very easily. =A0Lets stay as we were and all m=
ail is group sent and you personally have to change the name to send a priv=
ate mailing. =A0By the way, for me it is harder to remember to change the s=
end to when I want to do a group mailing so I now send a private mailing an=
d then have to go back and resend to the list. =A0Just a small problem when=
 you get to be an old phart and forget somebody changed the way you do busi=
ness.=A0=0A=A0=0ASteve Christiansen=0AOl Phartz Partz=0A714-686-1236=0Awww.=
olphartz.com=[email-masked]=0A=0A=0A=0A----- Forwarded Message ----=0AF=
rom: Paul Barrow <[email-masked]>=0ATo: 'Steven Trovato' <strov=
[email-masked]>; [email-masked] =0ASent: Sunday, October 20, 2=
013 9:13 AM=0ASubject: Re: [Zmagnette] Replies to list...=0A =0A=0AI am wit=
h Steve on this.=A0 If you want a private conversation you can still=0Ahave=
 that and those are fine for you to take off line.=A0 I am for the Group=0A=
reply as I have a big DELETE button on my keyboard and I can use that if I=
=0Adon't have time or interest in a thread.=0A=0APaul=0A=0APaul Barrow=0A15=
3 Clemons Road=0AMontesano, WA 98563 USA=0A+1 360 249 5123 Landline=0A+1 36=
0 500 9389 Cell phone=0A+1 360 249 3776 Fax=[email-masked]=0A=
=0A-----Original Message-----=0AFrom: [email-masked]=0A[m=
ailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Steven Trovato=0ASent:=
 Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:04 AM=0ATo:=0ASubject: Re: [Zmagnette] Replies =
to list...=0A=0AMy vote is for reply to go to the list.=A0 99% of my replie=
s are for =0Athe list.=A0 The conversation is taking place on the list, and=
 I'm =0Aparticipating in it, like this one!=A0 It's looking like I'm in the=
 =0Aminority on this, though.=A0 It's not a huge deal for me.=A0 As I said,=
 I =0Ajust hit "reply all" and delete what I don't want.=0A=0AI don't reall=
y understand why Allen's experiment should have caused =0Ayou such problems=
.=A0 I certainly didn't get any "extra" copies.=A0 Just =0Aone of each one =
sent.=A0 I forwarded Allen's email to myself as an =0Aexperiment.=A0 It too=
k maybe 30 seconds to send and then less than 5 =0Aseconds to receive back.=
=A0 The "up" direction is typically slower than =0Athe "down" direction on =
broadband connections like mine.=A0 With a =0Aslower connection like dial-u=
p, it will take a lot longer of =0Acourse.=A0 If that's what you have, you =
have my sympathies.=0A=0ASome email programs have the option to not downloa=
d files greater =0Athan a specified size.=A0 Or sometimes you can leave att=
achments on the =0Aserver by default.=A0 Then if you really want to see it,=
 you can click =0Aon it and have it download.=A0 I'm not sure what Thunderb=
ird has.=A0 It =0Amight be worth checking into if this is a common problem =
for you.=0A=0A-Steve T.=0A=0AAt 04:45 AM 10/20/2013, Fletcher Millmore wrot=
e:=0A>Allen's experiment with the huge files really screwed my computer =0A=
>last night. I got at least 5 copies of that, and everything came to =0A>an=
 agonizing halt, such that I had to shut it down, but it =0A>wouldn't/could=
n't do that.(Computer just slowed to a stop, which I =0A>thought was a Fire=
fox problem, but was it trying to download all =0A>those picture files) Onc=
e it got all of it, it then took forever =0A>loading (from where?) the mess=
ages to delete them.Took me 4 hours to =0A>shut down and restart until even=
tually it cleared all that stuff.=0A>I think maybe having extremely large f=
ile sizes allowed is not good. =0A>Especially, some folks have a habit of i=
ncluding lots of large file =0A>pics in one post, which is really a disaste=
r if there is a problem.=0A=0A_____________________________________________=
__=0AZmagnette mailing list=0A=0ADonate: http://www.team.net/donate.html=0A=
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive=0AForums: http://www.team.net/forums=
=0AUnsubscribe/Manage:=0Ahttp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/pa=
[email-masked]=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=
=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=
=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=
=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=
=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=
=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=
=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=
=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A_____________________________________________=
__=0AZmagnette mailing list=0A=0ADonate: http://www.team.net/donate.html=0A=
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive=0AForums: http://www.team.net/forums=
=0AUnsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/schr=
[email-masked]
---837175150-650180318-1382288246=:42925
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:ta=
homa, new york, times, serif;font-size:10pt"><div><span>Paul &amp; Steve - =
I am with you and sent my vote to Allen. Most of what I reply is for the li=
st, although very little, and if I want to send something privately I can c=
hose to do so very easily. &nbsp;Lets stay as we were and all mail is group=
 sent and you personally have to change the name to send a private mailing.=
 &nbsp;By the way, for me it is harder to remember to change the send to wh=
en I want to do a group mailing so I now send a private mailing and then ha=
ve to go back and resend to the list. &nbsp;Just a small problem when you g=
et to be an old phart and forget somebody changed the way you do business.&=
nbsp;</span></div><div></div><div>&nbsp;</div><div><font style=3D"font-styl=
e:italic;color:rgb(0, 0, 0);" size=3D"4"><span style=3D"font-family: garamo=
nd, 'new york', times, serif; "><span>Steve
 Christiansen</span><br></span></font><font style=3D"color:rgb(0, 0, 0);" s=
ize=3D"4"><span style=3D"font-family: garamond, 'new york', times, serif; "=
><font size=3D"2"><span style=3D"font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-seri=
f; ">Ol Phartz Partz</span><br style=3D"font-family: verdana, helvetica, sa=
ns-serif; "><span style=3D"font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; ">7=
14-686-1236</span><br style=3D"font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;=
 "><span style=3D"font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; ">www.olphar=
tz.com</span><br style=3D"font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; "><s=
pan style=3D"font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; ">[email-masked]=
t</span></font></span></font><font style=3D"font-style:italic;" size=3D"4">=
<span style=3D"font-family: garamond, 'new york', times, serif; "><br></spa=
n></font></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>  <div style=3D"font-size: 10p=
t; font-family: tahoma, 'new york', times, serif; "> <div style=3D"font-siz=
e: 12pt; font-family:
 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; "> <div dir=3D"ltr"> ----- Fo=
rwarded Message ----<br>  <font size=3D"2" face=3D"Arial"> <b><span style=
=3D"font-weight:bold;">From:</span></b> Paul Barrow &lt;paul.barrow@century=
tel.net&gt;<br> <b><span style=3D"font-weight: bold;">To:</span></b> 'Steve=
n Trovato' &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; [email-masked] <br> <b=
><span style=3D"font-weight: bold;">Sent:</span></b> Sunday, October 20, 20=
13 9:13 AM<br> <b><span style=3D"font-weight: bold;">Subject:</span></b> Re=
: [Zmagnette] Replies to list...<br> </font> </div> <div class=3D"y_msg_con=
tainer"><br>=0AI am with Steve on this.&nbsp; If you want a private convers=
ation you can still<br>have that and those are fine for you to take off lin=
e.&nbsp; I am for the Group<br>reply as I have a big DELETE button on my ke=
yboard and I can use that if I<br>don't have time or interest in a thread.<=
br><br>Paul<br><br>Paul Barrow<br>153 Clemons Road<br>Montesano, WA 98563 U=
SA<br>+1 360 249 5123 Landline<br>+1 360 500 9389 Cell phone<br>+1 360 249 =
3776 Fax<br><a ymailto=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" href=3D"mailto=
:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br>-----Ori=
ginal Message-----<br>From: <a ymailto=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
am.net" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">zmagnette-bounces@=
autox.team.net</a><br>[mailto:<a ymailto=3D"mailto:zmagnette-bounces@autox.=
team.net" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">zmagnette-bounce=
[email-masked]</a>] On Behalf Of Steven Trovato<br>Sent: Sunday, October =
20, 2013 9:04
 AM<br>To:<br>Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Replies to list...<br><br>My vote is=
 for reply to go to the list.&nbsp; 99% of my replies are for <br>the list.=
&nbsp; The conversation is taking place on the list, and I'm <br>participat=
ing in it, like this one!&nbsp; It's looking like I'm in the <br>minority o=
n this, though.&nbsp; It's not a huge deal for me.&nbsp; As I said, I <br>j=
ust hit "reply all" and delete what I don't want.<br><br>I don't really und=
erstand why Allen's experiment should have caused <br>you such problems.&nb=
sp; I certainly didn't get any "extra" copies.&nbsp; Just <br>one of each o=
ne sent.&nbsp; I forwarded Allen's email to myself as an <br>experiment.&nb=
sp; It took maybe 30 seconds to send and then less than 5 <br>seconds to re=
ceive back.&nbsp; The "up" direction is typically slower than <br>the "down=
" direction on broadband connections like mine.&nbsp; With a <br>slower con=
nection like dial-up, it will take a lot longer of <br>course.&nbsp;
 If that's what you have, you have my sympathies.<br><br>Some email program=
s have the option to not download files greater <br>than a specified size.&=
nbsp; Or sometimes you can leave attachments on the <br>server by default.&=
nbsp; Then if you really want to see it, you can click <br>on it and have i=
t download.&nbsp; I'm not sure what Thunderbird has.&nbsp; It <br>might be =
worth checking into if this is a common problem for you.<br><br>-Steve T.<b=
r><br>At 04:45 AM 10/20/2013, Fletcher Millmore wrote:<br>&gt;Allen's exper=
iment with the huge files really screwed my computer <br>&gt;last night. I =
got at least 5 copies of that, and everything came to <br>&gt;an agonizing =
halt, such that I had to shut it down, but it <br>&gt;wouldn't/couldn't do =
that.(Computer just slowed to a stop, which I <br>&gt;thought was a Firefox=
 problem, but was it trying to download all <br>&gt;those picture files) On=
ce it got all of it, it then took forever <br>&gt;loading (from
 where?) the messages to delete them.Took me 4 hours to <br>&gt;shut down a=
nd restart until eventually it cleared all that stuff.<br>&gt;I think maybe=
 having extremely large file sizes allowed is not good. <br>&gt;Especially,=
 some folks have a habit of including lots of large file <br>&gt;pics in on=
e post, which is really a disaster if there is a problem.<br><br>__________=
_____________________________________<br>Zmagnette mailing list<br><br>Dona=
te: http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive=
<br>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>Unsubscribe/Manage:<br>http://aut=
ox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]<br><br>
 <br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><b=
r><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><=
br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>=
<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br=
><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><b=
r><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><=
br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>=
<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br=
><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><b=
r><br><br><br><br><br><br>_______________________________________________<b=
r>Zmagnette mailing list<br><br>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/dona=
te.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: =
<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"
 target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums: <a href=3D"ht=
tp://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><=
br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/schr=
[email-masked]<br><br><br><br></div> </div> </div>  </div></body></html>
---837175150-650180318-1382288246=:42925--

--===============0813149900==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0813149900==--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 18:43:37 -0400 (EDT)

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1130016383==
 boundary="--------MB_8D09BFCF3669E68_7B4_7B7E4_webmail-m295.sysops.aol.com"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
----------MB_8D09BFCF3669E68_7B4_7B7E4_webmail-m295.sysops.aol.com
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I am also a fan of the old way, maybe it's the Luddite in me or the influen=
ce of driving an old car like a Magnette.

Wray

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Christiansen <[email-masked]>
To: zmagnette <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, Oct 20, 2013 1:00 pm
Subject: [Zmagnette] Fw: Replies to list...

Paul & Steve - I am with you and sent my vote to Allen. Most of what I repl=
y is for the list, although very little, and if I want to send something pr=
ivately I can chose to do so very easily.  Lets stay as we were and all mai=
l is group sent and you personally have to change the name to send a privat=
e mailing.  By the way, for me it is harder to remember to change the send =
to when I want to do a group mailing so I now send a private mailing and th=
en have to go back and resend to the list.  Just a small problem when you g=
et to be an old phart and forget somebody changed the way you do business.=
=20

=20
Steve Christiansen
Ol Phartz Partz
714-686-1236
www.olphartz.com
[email-masked]

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Paul Barrow <[email-masked]>
To: 'Steven Trovato' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]=20
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:13 AM
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Replies to list...

Paul

Paul Barrow
153 Clemons Road
Montesano, WA 98563 USA
+1 360 249 5123 Landline

-----Original Message-----
To:

My vote is for reply to go to the list.  99% of my replies are for=20
the list.  The conversation is taking place on the list, and I'm=20
participating in it, like this one!  It's looking like I'm in the=20
minority on this, though.  It's not a huge deal for me.  As I said, I=20
just hit "reply all" and delete what I don't want.

I don't really understand why Allen's experiment should have caused=20
you such problems.  I certainly didn't get any "extra" copies.  Just=20
one of each one sent.  I forwarded Allen's email to myself as an=20
experiment.  It took maybe 30 seconds to send and then less than 5=20
seconds to receive back.  The "up" direction is typically slower than=20
the "down" direction on broadband connections like mine.  With a=20
slower connection like dial-up, it will take a lot longer of=20
course.  If that's what you have, you have my sympathies.

Some email programs have the option to not download files greater=20
than a specified size.  Or sometimes you can leave attachments on the=20
server by default.  Then if you really want to see it, you can click=20
on it and have it download.  I'm not sure what Thunderbird has.  It=20
might be worth checking into if this is a common problem for you.

-Steve T.

At 04:45 AM 10/20/2013, Fletcher Millmore wrote:
>Allen's experiment with the huge files really screwed my computer=20
>last night. I got at least 5 copies of that, and everything came to=20
>an agonizing halt, such that I had to shut it down, but it=20
>wouldn't/couldn't do that.(Computer just slowed to a stop, which I=20
>thought was a Firefox problem, but was it trying to download all=20
>those picture files) Once it got all of it, it then took forever=20
>loading (from where?) the messages to delete them.Took me 4 hours to=20
>I think maybe having extremely large file sizes allowed is not good.=20
>Especially, some folks have a habit of including lots of large file=20

[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
magnette mailing list
rchive: http://www.team.net/archive
orums: http://www.team.net/forums
nsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/wraylemk=
[email-masked]

----------MB_8D09BFCF3669E68_7B4_7B7E4_webmail-m295.sysops.aol.com
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<font color=3D'black' size=3D'2' face=3D'arial'>
<div><FONT style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face=3D"Arial, Helvetica=
, sans-serif">I am also a fan of the old way, maybe it's the Luddite in me =
or the influence of driving an old car like a Magnette.</FONT></div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div>Wray<br>
<br>
<br>
</div>

<div style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: arial,helvetica; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">=
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Steve Christiansen &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: zmagnette &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Sun, Oct 20, 2013 1:00 pm<br>
Subject: [Zmagnette] Fw: Replies to list...<br>
<br>

<div id=3DAOLMsgPart_2_491c89ef-fef2-40a4-a5de-0bc277915566>

<div class=3DaolReplacedBody>

<div style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fff; FONT-FAMILY: tahoma, new york, times,=
 serif; COLOR: #000; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">

<div><SPAN>Paul &amp; Steve - I am with you and sent my vote to Allen. Most=
 of what I reply is for the list, although very little, and if I want to se=
nd something privately I can chose to do so very easily. &nbsp;Lets stay as=
 we were and all mail is group sent and you personally have to change the n=
ame to send a private mailing. &nbsp;By the way, for me it is harder to rem=
ember to change the send to when I want to do a group mailing so I now send=
 a private mailing and then have to go back and resend to the list. &nbsp;J=
ust a small problem when you get to be an old phart and forget somebody cha=
nged the way you do business.&nbsp;</SPAN></div>

<div></div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div><FONT style=3D"FONT-STYLE: italic; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)" size=3D4><SPAN s=
tyle=3D"FONT-FAMILY: garamond, 'new york', times, serif"><SPAN>Steve Christ=
iansen</SPAN><br>
</SPAN></FONT><FONT style=3D"COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)" size=3D4><SPAN style=3D"FON=
T-FAMILY: garamond, 'new york', times, serif"><FONT size=3D2><SPAN style=3D=
"FONT-FAMILY: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif">Ol Phartz Partz</SPAN><BR sty=
le=3D"FONT-FAMILY: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif"><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMI=
LY: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif">714-686-1236</SPAN><BR style=3D"FONT-FA=
MILY: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif"><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: verdana, =
helvetica, sans-serif"><A href=3D"http://www.olphartz.com/" target=3D_blank=
>www.olphartz.com</A></SPAN><BR style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: verdana, helvetica, s=
ans-serif"><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif"><A h=
ref=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A></SPAN></FONT></SPAN></=
FONT><FONT style=3D"FONT-STYLE: italic" size=3D4><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY=
: garamond, 'new york', times, serif"><br>
</SPAN></FONT></div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: tahoma, 'new york', times, serif; FONT-SIZE: 10p=
t">

<div style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; FON=
T-SIZE: 12pt">

<div dir=3Dltr>----- Forwarded Message ----<br>
<FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><B><SPAN style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold">From:</SPA=
N></B> Paul Barrow &lt;<A href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">paul.b=
[email-masked]</A>&gt;<br>
<B><SPAN style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold">To:</SPAN></B> 'Steven Trovato' &lt;<A=
 href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>&gt;; <A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> <br>
<B><SPAN style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Sent:</SPAN></B> Sunday, October 20, 2=
013 9:13 AM<br>
<B><SPAN style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Subject:</SPAN></B> Re: [Zmagnette] Re=
plies to list...<br>
</FONT></div>

<div class=3Dy_msg_container><br>
I am with Steve on this.&nbsp; If you want a private conversation you can s=
till<br>
have that and those are fine for you to take off line.&nbsp; I am for the G=
roup<br>
reply as I have a big DELETE button on my keyboard and I can use that if I<=
br>
don't have time or interest in a thread.<br>
<br>
Paul<br>
<br>
Paul Barrow<br>
153 Clemons Road<br>
Montesano, WA 98563 USA<br>
+1 360 249 5123 Landline<br>
+1 360 500 9389 Cell phone<br>
+1 360 249 3776 Fax<br>
<A href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A=
><br>
<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: <A href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">zmagnette-bounces=
@autox.team.net</A><br>
[mailto:<A href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">zmagnette-bounc=
[email-masked]</A>] On Behalf Of Steven Trovato<br>
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:04 AM<br>
To:<br>
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Replies to list...<br>
<br>
My vote is for reply to go to the list.&nbsp; 99% of my replies are for <br=
the list.&nbsp; The conversation is taking place on the list, and I'm <br>
participating in it, like this one!&nbsp; It's looking like I'm in the <br>
minority on this, though.&nbsp; It's not a huge deal for me.&nbsp; As I sai=
d, I <br>
just hit "reply all" and delete what I don't want.<br>
<br>
I don't really understand why Allen's experiment should have caused <br>
you such problems.&nbsp; I certainly didn't get any "extra" copies.&nbsp; J=
ust <br>
one of each one sent.&nbsp; I forwarded Allen's email to myself as an <br>
experiment.&nbsp; It took maybe 30 seconds to send and then less than 5 <br=
seconds to receive back.&nbsp; The "up" direction is typically slower than =
<br>
the "down" direction on broadband connections like mine.&nbsp; With a <br>
slower connection like dial-up, it will take a lot longer of <br>
course.&nbsp; If that's what you have, you have my sympathies.<br>
<br>
Some email programs have the option to not download files greater <br>
than a specified size.&nbsp; Or sometimes you can leave attachments on the =
<br>
server by default.&nbsp; Then if you really want to see it, you can click <=
br>
on it and have it download.&nbsp; I'm not sure what Thunderbird has.&nbsp; =
It <br>
might be worth checking into if this is a common problem for you.<br>
<br>
-Steve T.<br>
<br>
At 04:45 AM 10/20/2013, Fletcher Millmore wrote:<br>
&gt;Allen's experiment with the huge files really screwed my computer <br>
&gt;last night. I got at least 5 copies of that, and everything came to <br=
&gt;an agonizing halt, such that I had to shut it down, but it <br>
&gt;wouldn't/couldn't do that.(Computer just slowed to a stop, which I <br>
&gt;thought was a Firefox problem, but was it trying to download all <br>
&gt;those picture files) Once it got all of it, it then took forever <br>
&gt;loading (from where?) the messages to delete them.Took me 4 hours to <b=
r>
&gt;shut down and restart until eventually it cleared all that stuff.<br>
&gt;I think maybe having extremely large file sizes allowed is not good. <b=
r>
&gt;Especially, some folks have a habit of including lots of large file <br=
&gt;pics in one post, which is really a disaster if there is a problem.<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
Zmagnette mailing list<br>
<br>
www.team.net/donate.html</A><br>
Archive: <A href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D_blank>http://www=
.team.net/archive</A><br>
Forums: <A href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D_blank>http://www.t=
eam.net/forums</A><br>
<A href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/paul.barrow@cent=
urytel.net" target=3D_blank>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette=
/[email-masked]</A><br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
Zmagnette mailing list<br>
<br>
www.team.net/donate.html</A><br>
Archive: <A href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D_blank>http://www=
.team.net/archive</A><br>
Forums: <A href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D_blank>http://www.t=
eam.net/forums</A><br>
tte/[email-masked]" target=3D_blank>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options=
/zmagnette/[email-masked]</A><br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fff; MARGIN: 0px; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma, Ver=
dana, Arial, Sans-Serif; COLOR: #000; FONT-SIZE: 12px" id=3DAOLMsgPart_3_49=
1c89ef-fef2-40a4-a5de-0bc277915566><PRE style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 9pt"><TT>______=
_________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

www.team.net/donate.html</A>
Archive: <A href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D_blank>http://www=
.team.net/archive</A>
Forums: <A href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D_blank>http://www.t=
eam.net/forums</A>
tte/[email-masked]" target=3D_blank>http://autox.team.net/mailman=
/options/zmagnette/[email-masked]</A>

</TT></PRE></div>
<!-- end of AOLMsgPart_3_491c89ef-fef2-40a4-a5de-0bc277915566 --></div>
</font>
----------MB_8D09BFCF3669E68_7B4_7B7E4_webmail-m295.sysops.aol.com--

--===============1130016383==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1130016383==--