Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Window stuck <[email-masked]> <zmagnette.autox.team.net>

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 22:08:29 GMT

As I recall, the mechanism is pressed and spot welded together so you can not easily service.  I am guessing that what you have is a broken shaft.  One of the tips is probably broken off causing the shaft to go crooked and binding.  Just a guess though.
You may need a new regulator.
---------- Original Message ----------
From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Window stuck
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:10:31 -0400

OK, here's the update.  The door panel came off without much 
trouble.  The window itself was fine, but the regulator was frozen 
solid.  I removed the regulator from the car.  The regulator looks 
very good, no rust, just some very old grease.  The mechanism 
consists of the crank, a shaft, a small pinion gear and a large 
sector gear.  With enough fiddling, I was able to get the mechanism 
moving, but it intermittently binds at various points.  I have a lot 
of play between the shaft and pinion gear.  I can move the window 
crank 40 degrees back and forth without the sector gear moving.  The 
other window regulators in the car have some play, but not this 
much.  This play seems to be coming from the attachment of the shaft 
to the pinion gear.  When the mechanism binds, the shaft is tight, 
but I can make the pinion move back and forth easily by pushing the 
arm.  This is odd, because when this was all  in the car, the crank 
moved easily 40 degrees and something past there was frozen.  So I 
guess I need to figure out why the shaft is binding, and how the 
pinion is attached to the shaft.  The biggest question is whether or 
not any of this can be accessed for service.  It doesn't look like 
it, at least not easily.  Comments welcome!

-Steve T.

_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

____________________________________________________________
Gaviscon&#174; Liquid Antacid
Looking for Maalox? Try Gaviscon&#174; for Fast Acting & Lasting Relief!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/52684928d75a649287390st03duc
_______________________________________________
Zmagnette mailing list

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive