Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 running on 2

From: "Notakitcar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2026 10:47:01 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7762621730582476662==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0015_01DCB2D6.B9E74840"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01DCB2D6.B9E74840
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello group, got a head scratcher here.

Scenario:

Last Saturday drove to cars & coffee, ran great until I was about =BD =
way
home.  Started cutting out bad and l limped home on 2 cylinders.

1.	Checked compression 170-175 across all 4
2.	Pulled each plug wire and determined the front two were not running
3.	Laid a plug along side the engine and verified there is spark
4.	Pulled the float bowl top and verified there is fuel, drained it
dry, blew air, let it refill.
5.	Turned the motor and verified the fuel is flowing into the bowl
6.	Covered the intake and fuel splashes back on my hand a higher RPM
7.	Replace the front two plugs, gapped at .034
8.	Checked valves, all are moving properly and adjusted
9.	Verified that the butterfly is opening
10.	=BD tank of gas.

=20

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated before I go out back and shoot
myself in the head?

=20

Many thanks,

Bill B

TS30766L

=20

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01DCB2D6.B9E74840
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word =
15 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Cambria;
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;}
p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph
	{mso-style-priority:34;
	margin-top:0in;
	margin-right:0in;
	margin-bottom:0in;
	margin-left:.5in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
/* List Definitions */
@list l0
	{mso-list-id:448473748;
	mso-list-type:hybrid;
	mso-list-template-ids:1216004612 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 =
67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715;}
@list l0:level1
	{mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level2
	{mso-level-number-format:alpha-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level3
	{mso-level-number-format:roman-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:right;
	text-indent:-9.0pt;}
@list l0:level4
	{mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level5
	{mso-level-number-format:alpha-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level6
	{mso-level-number-format:roman-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:right;
	text-indent:-9.0pt;}
@list l0:level7
	{mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level8
	{mso-level-number-format:alpha-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level9
	{mso-level-number-format:roman-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:right;
	text-indent:-9.0pt;}
@list l1
	{mso-list-id:977954388;
	mso-list-template-ids:-351628040;}
ol
	{margin-bottom:0in;}
ul
	{margin-bottom:0in;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><div><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid =
#E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'>Hello group, got =
a head scratcher here.</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-ligatures:none'><o:p></o:p>=
</span></p></div></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'>Scenario:<o:p></o:=
p></span></b></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'>Last Saturday =
drove to cars &amp; coffee, ran great until I was about =BD way =
home.&nbsp; Started cutting out bad and l limped home on 2 =
cylinders.<o:p></o:p></span></b></p><ol style=3D'margin-top:0in' =
start=3D1 type=3D1><li class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3'><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'>Checked =
compression 170-175 across all 4<o:p></o:p></span></b></li><li =
class=3DMsoListParagraph style=3D'margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo3'><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'>Pulled each plug =
wire and determined the front two were not =
running<o:p></o:p></span></b></li><li class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3'><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'>Laid a plug along =
side the engine and verified there is =
spark<o:p></o:p></span></b></li><li class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3'><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'>Pulled the float =
bowl top and verified there is fuel, drained it dry, blew air, let it =
refill.<o:p></o:p></span></b></li><li class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3'><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'>Turned the motor =
and verified the fuel is flowing into the =
bowl<o:p></o:p></span></b></li><li class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3'><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'>Covered the =
intake and fuel splashes back on my hand a higher =
RPM<o:p></o:p></span></b></li><li class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3'><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'>Replace the front =
two plugs, gapped at .034<o:p></o:p></span></b></li><li =
class=3DMsoListParagraph style=3D'margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo3'><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'>Checked valves, =
all are moving properly and adjusted<o:p></o:p></span></b></li><li =
class=3DMsoListParagraph style=3D'margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo3'><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'>Verified that the =
butterfly is opening<o:p></o:p></span></b></li><li =
class=3DMsoListParagraph style=3D'margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo3'><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'>=BD tank of =
gas.<o:p></o:p></span></b></li></ol><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p><=
/span></b></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'>Any other =
suggestions greatly appreciated before I go out back and shoot myself in =
the head?<o:p></o:p></span></b></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p><=
/span></b></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'>Many =
thanks,<o:p></o:p></span></b></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'>Bill =
B<o:p></o:p></span></b></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'>TS30766L<o:p></o:p=
></span></b></p><p class=3DMsoListParagraph><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Cambria",serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p><=
/span></b></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0015_01DCB2D6.B9E74840--

--===============7762621730582476662==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7762621730582476662==--

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2026 15:30:47 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1464990165707544472==
 boundary="------------riqLS7JPdrx01Qd9Pcn3vK9U"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------riqLS7JPdrx01Qd9Pcn3vK9U
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Can you try squirting fuel into the carb for the cylinders which aren't 
firing?  Sometimes the connection between the float bowl and the jet 
gets clogged.  Could maybe pull the carb top and piston and blow air 
backwards through that.

My dad had an issue where a little piece of the rubber line from the 
float bowl to the jet hung down in the inner hole and acted like a 
one-way valve.  Had him scratching his head for a while on that one.

- Tony

On 3/13/2026 10:47 AM, Notakitcar wrote:
>
> *Hello group, got a head scratcher here.*
>
> *Scenario:*
>
> *Last Saturday drove to cars & coffee, ran great until I was about ½ 
> way home.  Started cutting out bad and l limped home on 2 cylinders.*
>
>  1. *Checked compression 170-175 across all 4*
>  2. *Pulled each plug wire and determined the front two were not running*
>  3. *Laid a plug along side the engine and verified there is spark*
>  4. *Pulled the float bowl top and verified there is fuel, drained it
>     dry, blew air, let it refill.*
>  5. *Turned the motor and verified the fuel is flowing into the bowl*
>  6. *Covered the intake and fuel splashes back on my hand a higher RPM*
>  7. *Replace the front two plugs, gapped at .034*
>  8. *Checked valves, all are moving properly and adjusted*
>  9. *Verified that the butterfly is opening*
> 10. *½ tank of gas.*
>
> **
>
> *Any other suggestions greatly appreciated before I go out back and 
> shoot myself in the head?*
>
> **
>
> *Many thanks,*
>
> *Bill B*
>
> *TS30766L*
>
> **
>
>
> [email-masked] **
>
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
--------------riqLS7JPdrx01Qd9Pcn3vK9U
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>Can you try squirting fuel into the carb for the cylinders which
      aren't firing?  Sometimes the connection between the float bowl
      and the jet gets clogged.  Could maybe pull the carb top and
      piston and blow air backwards through that.</p>
    <p>My dad had an issue where a little piece of the rubber line from
      the float bowl to the jet hung down in the inner hole and acted
      like a one-way valve.  Had him scratching his head for a while on
      that one.</p>
    <p>- Tony</p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 3/13/2026 10:47 AM, Notakitcar
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator"
        content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
      <style>@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;}@font-face
	{font-family:Cambria;
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;}p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph
	{mso-style-priority:34;
	margin-top:0in;
	margin-right:0in;
	margin-bottom:0in;
	margin-left:.5in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;}span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}ol
	{margin-bottom:0in;}ul
	{margin-bottom:0in;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <div>
          <div
style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Hello
                  group, got a head scratcher here.</span></b><span
style="font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;mso-ligatures:none"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Scenario:<o:p></o:p></span></b></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Last
              Saturday drove to cars &amp; coffee, ran great until I was
              about ½ way home.  Started cutting out bad and l limped
              home on 2 cylinders.<o:p></o:p></span></b></p>
        <ol style="margin-top:0in" start="1" type="1">
          <li class="MsoListParagraph"
            style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Checked
                compression 170-175 across all 4<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
          <li class="MsoListParagraph"
            style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Pulled
                each plug wire and determined the front two were not
                running<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
          <li class="MsoListParagraph"
            style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Laid a
                plug along side the engine and verified there is spark<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
          <li class="MsoListParagraph"
            style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Pulled
                the float bowl top and verified there is fuel, drained
                it dry, blew air, let it refill.<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
          <li class="MsoListParagraph"
            style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Turned
                the motor and verified the fuel is flowing into the bowl<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
          <li class="MsoListParagraph"
            style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Covered
                the intake and fuel splashes back on my hand a higher
                RPM<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
          <li class="MsoListParagraph"
            style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Replace
                the front two plugs, gapped at .034<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
          <li class="MsoListParagraph"
            style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Checked
                valves, all are moving properly and adjusted<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
          <li class="MsoListParagraph"
            style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Verified
                that the butterfly is opening<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
          <li class="MsoListParagraph"
            style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">½ tank of
                gas.<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
        </ol>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></b></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Any other
              suggestions greatly appreciated before I go out back and
              shoot myself in the head?<o:p></o:p></span></b></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></b></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Many
              thanks,<o:p></o:p></span></b></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Bill B<o:p></o:p></span></b></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">TS30766L<o:p></o:p></span></b></p>
        <p class="MsoListParagraph"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></b></p>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre wrap="" class="moz-quote-pre">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------riqLS7JPdrx01Qd9Pcn3vK9U--

--===============1464990165707544472==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1464990165707544472==--

---

From: dave northrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2026 21:00:39 +0000

--===============0495542804909744804==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_8dda6195f0f54f3aa82fa2728853e929ranteercom_"

--_000_8dda6195f0f54f3aa82fa2728853e929ranteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

SSBqdXN0IHJlYWQgdGhhdCBzb21lIGNhcnMgc3VwcG9zZWRseSBjYW1lIHdpdGggYSB3aW5kc2hp
ZWxkIHdhc2hlciBhdHRhY2htZW50IG9mIHNvbWUga2luZC4gIEnigJl2ZSBwb2tlZCBhcm91bmQg
YW5kIEnigJltIHRoaW5raW5nIHRoYXQgd2FzIGEgZGVhbGVyIGluc3RhbGxlZCBhY2Nlc3Nvcnk/
DQoNCkNhbiBhbnlvbmUgc2hlZCBsaWdodCBvbiB0aGF0PyAgTXkgY2FyIGhhcyBhIHNpbmdsZSBu
b3p6bGUgaW5zdGFsbGVkIGluIHRoZSBjZW50ZXIgb2YgdGhlIGhvb2QgbmVhciB0aGUgdmVudHMu
ICBBbmQgYSBwdW1wIHRoaW5nZWUgYXQgdGhlIGRhc2gNCg==

--_000_8dda6195f0f54f3aa82fa2728853e929ranteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_8dda6195f0f54f3aa82fa2728853e929ranteercom_--

--===============0495542804909744804==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0495542804909744804==--

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2026 16:13:38 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0256961414032009766==
 boundary="------------cO0FuxM4iaTbWDYBuVOa64ZJ"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------cO0FuxM4iaTbWDYBuVOa64ZJ
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Re-reading this, number 6 seems to cover the "is it getting gas" issue.  
Still, maybe a squirt of starter fluid in the front carb to see if it 
starts running on the front cylinders could help diagnose.  Could be 
float stuck open flooding the front cylinders - I'd think you'd notice 
dripping gas but maybe not.  It's possible to have spark but it's "weak" 
so will spark in ambient pressure (plug laying on the valve cover) but 
not under pressure. Then points / condensor / coil is the path.  Seems 
unlikely that is would do that for only two cylinders though.  Front two 
cylinders affected sound like something going on with front carb.

- Tony

On 3/13/2026 3:30 PM, Tony Drews wrote:
>
> Can you try squirting fuel into the carb for the cylinders which 
> aren't firing?  Sometimes the connection between the float bowl and 
> the jet gets clogged.  Could maybe pull the carb top and piston and 
> blow air backwards through that.
>
--------------cO0FuxM4iaTbWDYBuVOa64ZJ
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>Re-reading this, number 6 seems to cover the "is it getting gas"
      issue.  Still, maybe a squirt of starter fluid in the front carb
      to see if it starts running on the front cylinders could help
      diagnose.  Could be float stuck open flooding the front cylinders
      - I'd think you'd notice dripping gas but maybe not.  It's
      possible to have spark but it's "weak" so will spark in ambient
      pressure (plug laying on the valve cover) but not under pressure. 
      Then points / condensor / coil is the path.  Seems unlikely that
      is would do that for only two cylinders though.  Front two
      cylinders affected sound like something going on with front carb.</p>
    <p>- Tony</p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 3/13/2026 3:30 PM, Tony Drews wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <p>Can you try squirting fuel into the carb for the cylinders
        which aren't firing?  Sometimes the connection between the float
        bowl and the jet gets clogged.  Could maybe pull the carb top
        and piston and blow air backwards through that.</p>
      <p>My dad had an issue where a little piece of the rubber line
        from the float bowl to the jet hung down in the inner hole and
        acted like a one-way valve.  Had him scratching his head for a
        while on that one.</p>
      <p>- Tony</p>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 3/13/2026 10:47 AM, Notakitcar
        wrote:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite"
        cite="mid:[email-masked]">
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
          content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
        <meta name="Generator"
          content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
        <style>@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;}@font-face
	{font-family:Cambria;
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;}p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph
	{mso-style-priority:34;
	margin-top:0in;
	margin-right:0in;
	margin-bottom:0in;
	margin-left:.5in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;}span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}ol
	{margin-bottom:0in;}ul
	{margin-bottom:0in;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
        <div class="WordSection1">
          <div>
            <div
style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
              <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Hello
                    group, got a head scratcher here.</span></b><span
style="font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;mso-ligatures:none"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
            </div>
          </div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Scenario:<o:p></o:p></span></b></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Last
                Saturday drove to cars &amp; coffee, ran great until I
                was about ½ way home.  Started cutting out bad and l
                limped home on 2 cylinders.<o:p></o:p></span></b></p>
          <ol style="margin-top:0in" start="1" type="1">
            <li class="MsoListParagraph"
              style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Checked
                  compression 170-175 across all 4<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
            <li class="MsoListParagraph"
              style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Pulled
                  each plug wire and determined the front two were not
                  running<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
            <li class="MsoListParagraph"
              style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Laid a
                  plug along side the engine and verified there is spark<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
            <li class="MsoListParagraph"
              style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Pulled
                  the float bowl top and verified there is fuel, drained
                  it dry, blew air, let it refill.<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
            <li class="MsoListParagraph"
              style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Turned
                  the motor and verified the fuel is flowing into the
                  bowl<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
            <li class="MsoListParagraph"
              style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Covered
                  the intake and fuel splashes back on my hand a higher
                  RPM<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
            <li class="MsoListParagraph"
              style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Replace
                  the front two plugs, gapped at .034<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
            <li class="MsoListParagraph"
              style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Checked
                  valves, all are moving properly and adjusted<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
            <li class="MsoListParagraph"
              style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Verified
                  that the butterfly is opening<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
            <li class="MsoListParagraph"
              style="margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo3"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">½ tank of
                  gas.<o:p></o:p></span></b></li>
          </ol>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></b></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Any other
                suggestions greatly appreciated before I go out back and
                shoot myself in the head?<o:p></o:p></span></b></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></b></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Many
                thanks,<o:p></o:p></span></b></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">Bill B<o:p></o:p></span></b></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif">TS30766L<o:p></o:p></span></b></p>
          <p class="MsoListParagraph"><b><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></b></p>
        </div>
        <br>
        <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
        <pre wrap="" class="moz-quote-pre">** <a
        class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated moz-txt-link-freetext"
        href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> **

        href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
        href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"
        moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a
        class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive"
        moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]"
        moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>
</pre>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre wrap="" class="moz-quote-pre">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------cO0FuxM4iaTbWDYBuVOa64ZJ--

--===============0256961414032009766==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0256961414032009766==--