Subject: Re: [TR] [Fot] Buying Parts From England?

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2026 13:21:26 -0600

Don, I recently bought a couple of head gaskets from Racetorations (in 
England).  The total from them was under $300 as I recall.  I got a bill 
for $140 in tariffs from the shipping vendor which I had to pay prior to 
delivery.  I don't remember exact shipping but that part didn't feel out 
of line.  The tariffs payment sucked.

Regards, Tony

On 1/17/2026 1:00 PM, Dan Forgey via Fot wrote:
> Does anyone have recent purchases and thus knowledge of how much, 
> beyond the part's cost, it costs additionally for shipping, tariffs 
> and tax, etc. to get it here?   I'm considering parts costing just 
> north of $500.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan
>
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: auprichard uprichard.net <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2026 20:34:39 +0000

--===============2950204136432480024==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BYAPR07MB42798C2BB1B93BCD7AC19E3DCA8AABYAPR07MB4279namp_"

--_000_BYAPR07MB42798C2BB1B93BCD7AC19E3DCA8AABYAPR07MB4279namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_BYAPR07MB42798C2BB1B93BCD7AC19E3DCA8AABYAPR07MB4279namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-length: 5194

--_000_BYAPR07MB42798C2BB1B93BCD7AC19E3DCA8AABYAPR07MB4279namp_--

--===============2950204136432480024==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2950204136432480024==--

---

From: auprichard uprichard.net <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2026 20:49:51 +0000

--===============7110364834120019998==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BYAPR07MB4279EB412FE885A3B5B1B1CCCA8AABYAPR07MB4279namp_"

--_000_BYAPR07MB4279EB412FE885A3B5B1B1CCCA8AABYAPR07MB4279namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_BYAPR07MB4279EB412FE885A3B5B1B1CCCA8AABYAPR07MB4279namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-length: 17361

--_000_BYAPR07MB4279EB412FE885A3B5B1B1CCCA8AABYAPR07MB4279namp_--

--===============7110364834120019998==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7110364834120019998==--

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2026 15:29:28 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5801971336746696665==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_01C8_01DC87C6.124D4340"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_01C8_01DC87C6.124D4340
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Dan,=20

I had an order for Triumph Stag parts from Rimmer Brothers, which I =
canceled.

Parts were $172.61

Shipping. handling, and tariffs totaled $325.49 in addition to the parts

=20

I will be ordering the same parts from Robsport International, in =
England, which seems to have a much better understanding, and lower =
cost, for shipping and tariffs.

=20

  Ron

=20

=20

From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Dan Forgey
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2026 1:00 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Buying Parts From England?

=20

Does anyone have recent purchases and thus knowledge of how much, beyond =
the part's cost, it costs additionally for shipping, tariffs and tax, =
etc. to get it here?   I'm considering parts costing just north of $500. =
=20

=20

Thanks,

=20

Dan

------=_NextPart_000_01C8_01DC87C6.124D4340
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:DontUseAdvancedTypographyReadingMail/>
<w:DontUseJustificationAdvancedTypographyReadingMail/>
<w:DontUseHyphenationAdvancedTypographyReadingMail/>
</w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3D"#467886" vlink=3D"#96607D" =
style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Dan, =
<br><br><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>I had an order =
for Triumph Stag parts from Rimmer Brothers, which I =
canceled.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Parts were =
$172.61<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Shipping. =
handling, and tariffs totaled $325.49 in addition to the =
parts<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>I will be =
ordering the same parts from Robsport International, in England, which =
seems to have a much better understanding, and lower cost, for shipping =
and tariffs.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>=C2=A0 =
Ron<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><div><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 =
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Triumphs &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Dan =
Forgey<br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, January 17, 2026 1:00 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]; [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [TR] =
Buying Parts From England?<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Does anyone =
have recent purchases and thus knowledge of how much, beyond the part's =
cost, it costs additionally for shipping, tariffs and tax, etc. to get =
it here?&nbsp; &nbsp;I'm considering parts costing just north of =
$500.&nbsp;&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Dan<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_01C8_01DC87C6.124D4340--

--===============5801971336746696665==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5801971336746696665==--

---

From: Jerry Van Vlack <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2026 22:07:55 +0000

--===============9026252782944754334==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_MN2PR02MB5805E0F0AFCCBBDE5EC7B026F68AAMN2PR02MB5805namp_"

--_000_MN2PR02MB5805E0F0AFCCBBDE5EC7B026F68AAMN2PR02MB5805namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I wonder if a friend in Canada could purchase parts for you. Just asking fo=
r a friend as they say.
JVV
________________________________
From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> on behalf of auprichard up=
richard.net <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2026 3:34 PM
To: Dan Forgey <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]=
.net>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TR] Buying Parts From England?

It appears to be completely random:  it depends on how the shipper categori=
zes the parts, who the carrier is and how customs reacts.

From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Dan Forgey
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2026 2:00 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Buying Parts From England?

Does anyone have recent purchases and thus knowledge of how much, beyond th=
e part's cost, it costs additionally for shipping, tariffs and tax, etc. to=
 get it here? I'm considering parts costing just north of $500. =9E =9E =9E=
 =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =
=9E =9E =9E =9E

Does anyone have recent purchases and thus knowledge of how much, beyond th=
e part's cost, it costs additionally for shipping, tariffs and tax, etc. to=
 get it here?   I'm considering parts costing just north of $500.

Thanks,

Dan

--_000_MN2PR02MB5805E0F0AFCCBBDE5EC7B026F68AAMN2PR02MB5805namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dwindows-1=
256">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bo=
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_EmbeddedFo=
nt, Aptos_MSFontService, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; c=
olor: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
I wonder if a friend in Canada could purchase parts for you. Just asking fo=
r a friend as they say.</div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_EmbeddedFo=
nt, Aptos_MSFontService, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; c=
olor: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
JVV</div>
<div id=3D"appendonsend"></div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex=3D"-1">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" st=
yle=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> Triumphs &lt;triumphs=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of auprichard uprichard.net &lt;aupri=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Saturday, January 17, 2026 3:34 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> Dan Forgey &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; [email-masked] &lt;tri=
[email-masked]&gt;; [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] Buying Parts From England?</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<style>
<!--
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math"}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri}
@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos}
p.x_MsoNormal, li.x_MsoNormal, div.x_MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif}
a:link, span.x_MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline}
span.x_pfptpreheader218f4f1
	{display:none}
span.x_pfpttitle218f4f
	{}
span.x_pfptsubtitle218f4f
	{}
span.x_pfpttagtitle218f4f
	{}
span.x_pfpttagdescription218f4f
	{}
span.x_EmailStyle27
	{font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext}
.x_MsoChpDefault
	{font-size:10.0pt}
@page WordSection1
	{margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in}
div.x_WordSection1
	{}
-->
</style>
<div lang=3D"EN-US" link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"purple" style=3D"word-wrap:break=
-word">
<div class=3D"x_WordSection1">
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:12.0pt">It appears to be =
completely random:&nbsp; it depends on how the shipper categorizes the part=
s, who the carrier is and how customs reacts.</span></p>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:12.0pt">&nbsp;</span></p>
<div style=3D"border:none; border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt; padding:3.0pt 0i=
n 0in 0in">
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><b><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt; font-family:&q=
uot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif">From:</span></b><span style=3D"font-size:11.0=
pt; font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif"> Triumphs &lt;triumphs-boun=
[email-masked]&gt;
<b>On Behalf Of </b>Dan Forgey<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Saturday, January 17, 2026 2:00 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> [email-masked]; [email-masked]<br>
<b>Subject:</b> [TR] Buying Parts From England?</span></p>
</div>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span class=3D"x_pfptpreheader218f4f1"><span style=
=3D"font-size:1.0pt; color:white">Does anyone have recent purchases and thu=
s knowledge of how much, beyond the part's cost, it costs additionally for =
shipping, tariffs and tax, etc. to get
 it here? I'm considering parts costing just north of $500. =9E =9E =9E =9E=
 =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =9E =
=9E =9E =9E
</span></span><span style=3D"font-size:12.0pt"></span></p>
<div>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal" style=3D""><span style=3D"font-size:1.0pt; color:w=
hite"></span></p>
</div>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:12.0pt">Does anyone have =
recent purchases and thus knowledge of how much, beyond the part's cost, it=
 costs additionally for shipping, tariffs and tax, etc. to get it here?&nbs=
p; &nbsp;I'm considering parts costing just north
 of $500.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span></p>
<div>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:12.0pt">&nbsp;</span></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:12.0pt">Thanks,</span></p=
</div>
<div>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:12.0pt">&nbsp;</span></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:12.0pt">Dan</span></p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_MN2PR02MB5805E0F0AFCCBBDE5EC7B026F68AAMN2PR02MB5805namp_--

--===============9026252782944754334==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============9026252782944754334==--

---

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2026 01:12:58 +0000 (UTC)

--===============7931913447101445675==
	boundary="----=_Part_1647262_1626738113.1768698778919"

------=_Part_1647262_1626738113.1768698778919
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 as i understand, and im open to being set right.the us has demanded that t=
he uk collect the tarrifs prior to shipping.however there is no sytem in pl=
ace to get those funds into the hands of the usa.consequently some are char=
ging the tarrifs in fear of what may come soon, and some are simply ignorin=
g it.

    On Saturday, January 17, 2026 at 03:33:56 PM PST, <rjray.architect@gmai=
l.com> wrote: =20
=20
=20
Dan,=20

I had an order for Triumph Stag parts from Rimmer Brothers, which I cancele=
d.

Parts were $172.61

 =C2=A0

I will be ordering the same parts from Robsport International, in England, =
which seems to have a much better understanding, and lower cost, for shippi=
ng and tariffs.

 =C2=A0

=C2=A0 Ron

 =C2=A0

 =C2=A0

 =C2=A0

Does anyone have recent purchases and thus knowledge of how much, beyond th=
e part's cost, it costs additionally for shipping, tariffs and tax, etc. to=
 get it here?=C2=A0 =C2=A0I'm considering parts costing just north of $500.=
=C2=A0=C2=A0

 =C2=A0

Thanks,

 =C2=A0

Dan

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs=C2=A0 http://www.team.net/a=
rchive

[email-masked]
 =20
------=_Part_1647262_1626738113.1768698778919
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body><div class=3D"ydpc42fd3a7yahoo-style-wrap" style=
=3D"font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px=
;"><div></div>
        <div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">as i understand, and im open=
 to being set right.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">the us has=
 demanded that the uk collect the tarrifs prior to shipping.</div><div dir=
=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">however there is no sytem in place to get th=
ose funds into the hands of the usa.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"f=
alse">consequently some are charging the tarrifs in fear of what may come s=
oon, and some are simply ignoring it.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"=
false"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><br></div><div><br>=
</div>
       =20
        </div><div id=3D"ydpb1991f95yahoo_quoted_8752655932" class=3D"ydpb1=
991f95yahoo_quoted">
            <div style=3D"font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, s=
ans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">
               =20
                <div>
                        On Saturday, January 17, 2026 at 03:33:56 PM PST,  =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:
                    </div>
                    <div><br></div>
                    <div><br></div>
               =20
               =20
                <div><div id=3D"ydpb1991f95yiv9170265945"><div><div class=
=3D"ydpb1991f95yiv9170265945WordSection1"><p class=3D"ydpb1991f95yiv9170265=
945MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Arial, sans-serif=
;">Dan, <br><br></span></p><p class=3D"ydpb1991f95yiv9170265945MsoNormal"><=
span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">I had an ord=
er for Triumph Stag parts from Rimmer Brothers, which I canceled.</span></p=
><p class=3D"ydpb1991f95yiv9170265945MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11=
.0pt;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Parts were $172.61</span></p><p class=
=3D"ydpb1991f95yiv9170265945MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font=
-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Shipping. handling, and tariffs totaled $325.49=
 in addition to the parts</span></p><p class=3D"ydpb1991f95yiv9170265945Mso=
Normal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"> &n=
bsp;</span></p><p class=3D"ydpb1991f95yiv9170265945MsoNormal"><span style=
=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">I will be ordering the=
 same parts from Robsport International, in England, which seems to have a =
much better understanding, and lower cost, for shipping and tariffs.</span>=
</p><p class=3D"ydpb1991f95yiv9170265945MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size=
:11.0pt;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"> &nbsp;</span></p><p class=3D"ydpb1=
991f95yiv9170265945MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:A=
rial, sans-serif;">&nbsp; Ron</span></p><p class=3D"ydpb1991f95yiv917026594=
5MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"=
> &nbsp;</span></p><p class=3D"ydpb1991f95yiv9170265945MsoNormal"><span sty=
le=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"> &nbsp;</span></p><d=
iv><div style=3D"border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0=
in 0in 0in;"><p class=3D"ydpb1991f95yiv9170265945MsoNormal"><b><span style=
=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Calibri, sans-serif;">From:</span></b><spa=
n style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Calibri, sans-serif;"> Triumphs &lt=
;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Dan Forgey<br><b>S=
ent:</b> Saturday, January 17, 2026 1:00 PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]=
am.net; [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [TR] Buying Parts From Englan=
d?</span></p></div></div><p class=3D"ydpb1991f95yiv9170265945MsoNormal"> &n=
bsp;</p><p class=3D"ydpb1991f95yiv9170265945MsoNormal">Does anyone have rec=
ent purchases and thus knowledge of how much, beyond the part's cost, it co=
sts additionally for shipping, tariffs and tax, etc. to get it here?&nbsp; =
&nbsp;I'm considering parts costing just north of $500.&nbsp;&nbsp;</p><div=
><p class=3D"ydpb1991f95yiv9170265945MsoNormal"> &nbsp;</p></div><div><p cl=
ass=3D"ydpb1991f95yiv9170265945MsoNormal">Thanks,</p></div><div><p class=3D=
"ydpb1991f95yiv9170265945MsoNormal"> &nbsp;</p></div><div><p class=3D"ydpb1=
991f95yiv9170265945MsoNormal">Dan</p></div></div></div></div>** <a href=3D"=
mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">triumphs=
@autox.team.net</a> **<br><br>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate=
.html" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</=
a><br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" rel=3D"no=
follow" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>&nbsp; =
<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">=
//autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" rel=3D"nofol=
low" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/yello=
[email-masked]</a><br></div>
            </div>
        </div></body></html>
------=_Part_1647262_1626738113.1768698778919--

--===============7931913447101445675==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7931913447101445675==--

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2026 19:55:14 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8162429546901279426==
 boundary="------------zmenmGJc4vgskfRUh3Xi0UU3"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------zmenmGJc4vgskfRUh3Xi0UU3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Jerry, interesting / excellent idea!  I'll bet I'll meet up with some of 
my Canadian friends in June at Mosport...  Might be worth stocking up on 
3 years worth of consumables that are only available from England...

Unless someone knows of a domestic source for the magical head gasket 
that Racetorations carries:

https://www.racetorations.co.uk/product/composite-cylinder-head-gasket-tr2-4a/

Trying that instead of the Cometic this year - Cometic has round fire 
rings so you need to buy oversize to clear intake valve pocket.  The 
Racetorations one has fire rings but has the mickey mouse ear shape to 
match the head.

Cheers, Tony

On 1/17/2026 4:07 PM, Jerry Van Vlack wrote:
> I wonder if a friend in Canada could purchase parts for you. Just 
> asking for a friend as they say.
> JVV
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *From:* Triumphs <[email-masked]> on behalf of 
> auprichard uprichard.net <[email-masked]>
> *Sent:* Saturday, January 17, 2026 3:34 PM
> *To:* Dan Forgey <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] 
> <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
> *Subject:* Re: [TR] Buying Parts From England?
>
> It appears to be completely random:  it depends on how the shipper 
> categorizes the parts, who the carrier is and how customs reacts.
>
> *From:*Triumphs <[email-masked]> *On Behalf Of *Dan 
> Forgey
> *Sent:* Saturday, January 17, 2026 2:00 PM
> *To:* [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> *Subject:* [TR] Buying Parts From England?
>
> and tax, etc. to get it here? I'm considering parts costing just north 
> of $500. 
>
> [email-masked] **
>
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
--------------zmenmGJc4vgskfRUh3Xi0UU3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>Jerry, interesting / excellent idea!  I'll bet I'll meet up with
      some of my Canadian friends in June at Mosport...  Might be worth
      stocking up on 3 years worth of consumables that are only
      available from England...</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>Unless someone knows of a domestic source for the magical head
      gasket that Racetorations carries:</p>
    <p><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://www.racetorations.co.uk/product/composite-cylinder-head-gasket-tr2-4a/">https://www.racetorations.co.uk/product/composite-cylinder-head-gasket-tr2-4a/</a></p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>Trying that instead of the Cometic this year - Cometic has round
      fire rings so you need to buy oversize to clear intake valve
      pocket.  The Racetorations one has fire rings but has the mickey
      mouse ear shape to match the head.</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>Cheers, Tony</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 1/17/2026 4:07 PM, Jerry Van Vlack
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <style type="text/css" style="display:none;">P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}</style>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Aptos, Aptos_EmbeddedFont, Aptos_MSFontService, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        I wonder if a friend in Canada could purchase parts for you.
        Just asking for a friend as they say.</div>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Aptos, Aptos_EmbeddedFont, Aptos_MSFontService, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        JVV</div>
      <hr style="display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex="-1">
      <div id="divRplyFwdMsg" dir="ltr"><font face="Calibri, sans-serif"
          style="font-size:11pt" color="#000000"><b>From:</b> Triumphs
          <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> on behalf of
          auprichard uprichard.net <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
          <b>Sent:</b> Saturday, January 17, 2026 3:34 PM<br>
          <b>To:</b> Dan Forgey <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>;
          <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>;
          <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
          <b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] Buying Parts From England?</font>
        <div> </div>
      </div>
      <style>@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math"}@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri}@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos}p.x_MsoNormal, li.x_MsoNormal, div.x_MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif}a:link, span.x_MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline}span.x_pfptpreheader218f4f1
	{display:none}span.x_pfpttitle218f4f
	{}span.x_pfptsubtitle218f4f
	{}span.x_pfpttagtitle218f4f
	{}span.x_pfpttagdescription218f4f
	{}span.x_EmailStyle27
	{font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext}.x_MsoChpDefault
	{font-size:10.0pt}div.x_WordSection1
	{}</style>
      <div lang="EN-US" link="blue" vlink="purple"
        style="word-wrap:break-word">
        <div class="x_WordSection1">
          <p class="x_MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt">It
              appears to be completely random:  it depends on how the
              shipper categorizes the parts, who the carrier is and how
              customs reacts.</span></p>
          <p class="x_MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt"> </span></p>
          <div
style="border:none; border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt; padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
            <p class="x_MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:11.0pt; font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif">From:</span></b><span
style="font-size:11.0pt; font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif">
                Triumphs <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>
                <b>On Behalf Of </b>Dan Forgey<br>
                <b>Sent:</b> Saturday, January 17, 2026 2:00 PM<br>
                <b>To:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>; <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
                <b>Subject:</b> [TR] Buying Parts From England?</span></p>
          </div>
          <p class="x_MsoNormal"> </p>
          <p class="x_MsoNormal"><span class="x_pfptpreheader218f4f1"><span
                style="font-size:1.0pt; color:white">Does anyone have
                recent purchases and thus knowledge of how much, beyond
                the part's cost, it costs additionally for shipping,
                tariffs and tax, etc. to get it here? I'm considering
                parts costing just north of $500. 
             
              </span></span><span style="font-size:12.0pt"></span></p>
          <div>
            <p class="x_MsoNormal" style=""><span
                style="font-size:1.0pt; color:white"></span></p>
          </div>
          <p class="x_MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt">Does
              anyone have recent purchases and thus knowledge of how
              much, beyond the part's cost, it costs additionally for
              shipping, tariffs and tax, etc. to get it here?   I'm
              considering parts costing just north of $500.  </span></p>
          <div>
            <p class="x_MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt"> </span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="x_MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt">Thanks,</span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="x_MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt"> </span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="x_MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt">Dan</span></p>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre wrap="" class="moz-quote-pre">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------zmenmGJc4vgskfRUh3Xi0UU3--

--===============8162429546901279426==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8162429546901279426==--

---

From: DAVE HOGYE <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2026 19:32:00 -0800 (PST)

--===============8100120590063126447==
	boundary="----=_Part_607442_2045485529.1768707120658"

------=_Part_607442_2045485529.1768707120658
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Well, how in the hell did this all come about.  Tariffs!  Awful.  And, what a shame.
DH

> On 01/17/2026 1:29 PM PST [email-masked] wrote:
>  
>  
> 
> Dan,
> 
> 
> I had an order for Triumph Stag parts from Rimmer Brothers, which I canceled.
> 
> Parts were $172.61
> 
> I will be ordering the same parts from Robsport International, in England, which seems to have a much better understanding, and lower cost, for shipping and tariffs.
> 
>  
> 
>   Ron
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> Does anyone have recent purchases and thus knowledge of how much, beyond the part's cost, it costs additionally for shipping, tariffs and tax, etc. to get it here?   I'm considering parts costing just north of $500.  
> 
>  
> 
> Thanks,
> 
>  
> 
> Dan
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
> 

------=_Part_607442_2045485529.1768707120658
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html>
<html>
 <head> 
  <meta charset="UTF-8"> 
 </head>
 <body>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Well, how in the hell did this all come about.&nbsp; Tariffs!&nbsp; Awful.&nbsp; And, what a shame.</span>
  </div> 
  <div class="default-style" style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">DH</span>
  </div> 
  <div class="default-style" style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   &nbsp;
  </div> 
  <div class="default-style" style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   &nbsp;
  </div> 
  <blockquote type="cite"> 
   <div>
    On 01/17/2026 1:29 PM PST [email-masked] wrote:
   </div> 
   <div>
    &nbsp;
   </div> 
   <div>
    &nbsp;
   </div> 
   <div class="WordSection1"> 
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 11.0pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif;">Dan, <br><br></span></p> 
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 11.0pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif;">I had an order for Triumph Stag parts from Rimmer Brothers, which I canceled.</span></p> 
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 11.0pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif;">Parts were $172.61</span></p> 
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 11.0pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif;">Shipping. handling, and tariffs totaled $325.49 in addition to the parts</span></p> 
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 11.0pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif;">&nbsp;</span></p> 
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 11.0pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif;">I will be ordering the same parts from Robsport International, in England, which seems to have a much better understanding, and lower cost, for shipping and tariffs.</span></p> 
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 11.0pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif;">&nbsp;</span></p> 
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 11.0pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif;">&nbsp; Ron</span></p> 
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 11.0pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif;">&nbsp;</span></p> 
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 11.0pt; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif;">&nbsp;</span></p> 
    <div> 
     <div style="border: none; border-top: solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt; padding: 3.0pt 0in 0in 0in;"> 
      <p class="MsoNormal"><strong><span style="font-size: 11.0pt; font-family: 'Calibri',sans-serif;">From:</span></strong><span style="font-size: 11.0pt; font-family: 'Calibri',sans-serif;"> Triumphs &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <strong>On Behalf Of </strong>Dan Forgey<br><strong>Sent:</strong> Saturday, January 17, 2026 1:00 PM<br><strong>To:</strong> [email-masked]; [email-masked]<br><strong>Subject:</strong> [TR] Buying Parts From England?</span></p> 
     </div> 
    </div> 
    <p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p> 
    <p class="MsoNormal">Does anyone have recent purchases and thus knowledge of how much, beyond the part's cost, it costs additionally for shipping, tariffs and tax, etc. to get it here?&nbsp; &nbsp;I'm considering parts costing just north of $500.&nbsp;&nbsp;</p> 
    <div> 
     <p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p> 
    </div> 
    <div> 
     <p class="MsoNormal">Thanks,</p> 
    </div> 
    <div> 
     <p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p> 
    </div> 
    <div> 
     <p class="MsoNormal">Dan</p> 
    </div> 
   </div> ** [email-masked] **
   <br>
   <br>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
   <br>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs http://www.team.net/archive
   <br>
   <br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
  </blockquote>
 </body>
</html>
------=_Part_607442_2045485529.1768707120658--

--===============8100120590063126447==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8100120590063126447==--

---

From: Paul Tegler <[email-masked]> mail.backend.jedi.jws.acl:role.jedi.acl.token.atz.jws.hermes.aol
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2026 23:09:14 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1422224115571966906==
 boundary="------------BvcVMhlI8L0S0sQmZbGnBvQ2"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------BvcVMhlI8L0S0sQmZbGnBvQ2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I use to do this all the time... had a friend in the U.K. that would 
handle the s/h for me, as I would for her parts from the states.
Pen Pals = massive savings.

ptegler

On 1/17/2026 5:07 PM, Jerry Van Vlack wrote:
> categorizes the parts, wh
>

--------------BvcVMhlI8L0S0sQmZbGnBvQ2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>I use to do this all the time... had a friend in the U.K. that
      would handle the s/h for me, as I would for her parts from the
      states.<br>
      Pen Pals = massive savings.</p>
    <p>ptegler</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 1/17/2026 5:07 PM, Jerry Van Vlack
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <style type="text/css" style="display:none;">P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}</style>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Aptos, Aptos_EmbeddedFont, Aptos_MSFontService, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        I wonder if a friend in Canada could purchase parts for you.
        Just asking for a friend as they say.</div>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Aptos, Aptos_EmbeddedFont, Aptos_MSFontService, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        JVV</div>
      <hr style="display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex="-1">
      <div id="divRplyFwdMsg" dir="ltr"><font style="font-size:11pt"
          face="Calibri, sans-serif" color="#000000"><b>From:</b>
          Triumphs <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> on behalf of
          auprichard uprichard.net <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
          <b>Sent:</b> Saturday, January 17, 2026 3:34 PM<br>
          <b>To:</b> Dan Forgey <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>;
          <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>;
          <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
          <b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] Buying Parts From England?</font>
        <div> </div>
      </div>
      <style>@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math"}@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri}@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos}p.x_MsoNormal, li.x_MsoNormal, div.x_MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif}a:link, span.x_MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline}span.x_pfptpreheader218f4f1
	{display:none}span.x_pfpttitle218f4f
	{}span.x_pfptsubtitle218f4f
	{}span.x_pfpttagtitle218f4f
	{}span.x_pfpttagdescription218f4f
	{}span.x_EmailStyle27
	{font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext}x_MsoChpDefault
	{font-size:10.0pt}div.x_WordSection1
	{}</style>
      <div link="blue" vlink="purple" style="word-wrap:break-word"
        lang="EN-US">
        <div class="x_WordSection1">
          <p class="x_MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt">It
              appears to be completely random:  it depends on how the
              shipper categorizes the parts, wh</span></p>
        </div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------BvcVMhlI8L0S0sQmZbGnBvQ2--

--===============1422224115571966906==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1422224115571966906==--