Subject: [TR] Rover V8 engine

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 21:20:47 +0100 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0074_01D9E9AC.D6EB93B0"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0074_01D9E9AC.D6EB93B0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0075_01D9E9AC.D6EB93B0"

------=_NextPart_001_0075_01D9E9AC.D6EB93B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Dave Northrup wanted to know if the former WW2 airfield I mentioned in my
last post was still in existence and if so, does it have any particular us=
e?

The answer is Yes to both queries, but not as an airfield. The original WW=
2
hangars are still there and very much in use by various companies involved
in distribution logistics. The former Royal Air Force Control Tower at the
north end has long been converted into a private house.

Attached (? Hopefully) is an aerial picture of the airfield layout as it
used to be. When in use as a storage park for newly built Standard and
Triumph cars, all three runways (still just visible in the pic) were used
for storage with cars parked in two parallel lines down the runway centres
with two further single lines on each runway edge. Mostly, they were parke=
d
by model and wherever possible by colour within each model group - always
assuming there was available space. This overall layout gave two free
carriageways the full length of each runway for unobstructed vehicle
movements in each direction. The runway intersects were obviously not used
for vehicle parking.

If you've ever wondered where the rust on your Triumph first started, you'=
re
now looking at the location!

Jonmac

------=_NextPart_001_0075_01D9E9AC.D6EB93B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Dave Northrup wanted to know =
if the former WW2 airfield I mentioned in my last post was still in =
existence and if so, does it have any particular use?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The answer =
is Yes to both queries, but not as an airfield. The original WW2 hangars =
are still there and very much in use by various companies involved in =
distribution logistics. The former Royal Air Force Control Tower at the =
north end has long been converted into a private house. =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Attached (? Hopefully) is an aerial picture of the =
airfield layout as it used to be. When in use as a storage park for =
newly built Standard and Triumph cars, all three runways (still just =
visible in the pic) were used for storage with cars parked in two =
parallel lines down the runway centres with two further single lines on =
each runway edge. Mostly, they were parked by model and wherever =
possible by colour within each model group &#8211; always assuming there =
was available space. This overall layout gave two free carriageways the =
full length of each runway for unobstructed vehicle movements in each =
direction. The runway intersects were obviously not used for vehicle =
parking.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>If you&#8217;ve ever wondered where the rust on your =
Triumph first started, you&#8217;re now looking at the =
location!<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Jonmac<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0075_01D9E9AC.D6EB93B0--

------=_NextPart_000_0074_01D9E9AC.D6EB93B0
	name="Honeybourne airfield.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Honeybourne airfield.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0074_01D9E9AC.D6EB93B0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

------=_NextPart_000_0074_01D9E9AC.D6EB93B0--