Subject: [TR] A Rover V8 engine?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 21:46:04 +0100

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3692980763683860696==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D9E68B.B680D780"
Content-Language: en-gb

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D9E68B.B680D780
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Dave Northrup wrote:

I know TR engines have "the usual places" for oil leaks.   Is that the sam=
e
for Rover engines?  This is a whole new area for me.

Let's put it this way, Dave. When that engine was used in Buicks prior to
Rover buying the manufacturing rights for the Range Rover, it probably
didn't leak - or leak very much.

However, as soon as it entered production at Solihull, it *should* have be=
en
fitted with the fully type approved BL EOSS kit - the abbreviation stands
for British Leyland Engine Oil Spray System. To the best of my knowledge,
every engine made by BL group companies  (and as independents before that)
leaked oil  and even when they weren't running! We Brits always like to gi=
ve
our valued export customers an unanticipated 'little extra' if we can as a
loyalty bonus. However, from your brief description, there appears to be
little doubt the power unit in our focus was indeed thus equipped and
furthermore, the 'technology' in question still seems to be in excellent
working order!

Good luck

Jonmac

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D9E68B.B680D780
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
p.xmsonormal, li.xmsonormal, div.xmsonormal
	{mso-style-name:x_msonormal;
	margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3Dxmsonormal><span lang=3DEN-US>Dave =
Northrup wrote:<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3Dxmsonormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3Dxmsonormal><i><span =
lang=3DEN-US>I know TR engines have &#8220;the usual places&#8221; for =
oil leaks.&nbsp; &nbsp;Is that the same for Rover engines?&nbsp; This is =
a whole new area for me.<o:p></o:p></span></i></p><p =
class=3Dxmsonormal><i><span =
lang=3DEN-US><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></i></p><p class=3Dxmsonormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US>Let&#8217;s put it this way, Dave. When that engine was =
used in Buicks prior to Rover buying the manufacturing rights for the =
Range Rover, it probably didn&#8217;t leak &#8211; or leak very =
much.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3Dxmsonormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3Dxmsonormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US>However, as soon as it entered production at Solihull, it =
*<b>should</b>* have been fitted with the fully type approved <b>BL =
EOSS</b> kit &#8211; the abbreviation stands for British Leyland Engine =
Oil Spray System. To the best of my knowledge, every engine made by BL =
group companies &nbsp;(and as independents before that) leaked oil&nbsp; =
and even when they weren&#8217;t running! We Brits always like to give =
our valued export customers an unanticipated &#8216;little extra&#8217; =
if we can as a loyalty bonus. However, from your brief description, =
there appears to be little doubt the power unit in our focus was indeed =
thus equipped and furthermore, the &#8216;technology&#8217; in question =
still seems to be in excellent working order!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3Dxmsonormal><span lang=3DEN-US><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3Dxmsonormal><span lang=3DEN-US>Good luck<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3Dxmsonormal><span lang=3DEN-US><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3Dxmsonormal><span lang=3DEN-US>Jonmac<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US> =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D9E68B.B680D780--

--===============3692980763683860696==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3692980763683860696==--