Subject: Re: [TR] Sources for TR4A shift knobs with a momentary push button switch (preferably lighted) to control my overdrive?

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 13:08:20 +0000 (UTC)

--===============5272125929776887323==
	boundary="----=_Part_1457743_1839010863.1670850500482"

------=_Part_1457743_1839010863.1670850500482
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 A logic driven overdrive controller?=C2=A0 I'm not familiar with this prod=
uct.=C2=A0 I designed one of my own for my J-type.=C2=A0 I think it is some=
thing all-together different, however.=C2=A0 But I am off topic.
You might try your local FLAPS.=C2=A0 I've seen a selection of switches, bo=
th lit and unlit, and you can select a style that appeals to you.=C2=A0 The=
re is such a wide variety of switches that it helps to see an actual sample=
 when making your selection.=C2=A0 I have a few pushbuttons with lights but=
 I doubt you want those.=C2=A0 They are and inch high and three inches long=
.=C2=A0 A little bigger than your shift knob.

Spitfires have the OD switch in the shift knob but it is a slide switch.=C2=
=A0 But the location is not unprecedented.
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Connitt <[email-masked]>
To: Triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, Dec 11, 2022 5:24 pm
Subject: [TR] Sources for TR4A shift knobs with a momentary push button swi=
tch (preferably lighted) to control my overdrive?

Hi All,=20
Several months back I purchased a logic driven overdrive controller for the=
 A-type overdrive in my TR4A. It needs a momentary switch to turn it on and=
 off. The controller also has an LED indicator option so it would be nice i=
f the switch had a built-in LED feature too.
Anyone ever seen one?
Thanks,
Dave Connitt

Sent from my IPhone=20
** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archiv=
e

[email-masked]

------=_Part_1457743_1839010863.1670850500482
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div> <font size="3">A  logic driven overdrive controller?&nbsp; I'm not familiar with this product.&nbsp; I designed one of my own for my J-type.&nbsp; I think it is something all-together different, however.&nbsp; But I am off topic.</font></div>

<div><font size="3"><br>
</font></div>

<div><font size="3">You might try your local FLAPS.&nbsp; I've seen a selection of switches, both lit and unlit, and you can select a style that appeals to you.&nbsp; There is such a wide variety of switches that it helps to see an actual sample when making your selection.&nbsp; I have a few pushbuttons with lights but I doubt you want those.&nbsp; They are and inch high and three inches long.&nbsp; A little bigger than your shift knob.<br>
</font></div>

<div><font size="3"><br>
</font></div>

<div><font size="2"><font size="3">Spitfires have the OD switch in the shift knob but it is a slide switch.&nbsp; But the location is not unprecedented.</font><br>
</font></div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="clear:both">
<div style="color:black;font:12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div style="color:black;font:12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div><font size="4">Dave <br>
</font></div>

<div><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:sans-serif;color:black;"><br>
</span></div>
<br>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Dave Connitt &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: Triumphs &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Sun, Dec 11, 2022 5:24 pm<br>
Subject: [TR] Sources for TR4A shift knobs with a momentary push button switch (preferably lighted) to control my overdrive?<br>
<br>

<div dir="ltr">Hi All, <br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Several months back I purchased a logic driven overdrive controller for the A-type overdrive in my TR4A. It needs a momentary switch to turn it on and off. The controller also has an LED indicator option so it would be nice if the switch had a built-in LED feature too.<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Anyone ever seen one?<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Thanks,<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Dave Connitt<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Sent from my IPhone <br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">** <a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs </a> <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</div>
</font></div>
</div>

------=_Part_1457743_1839010863.1670850500482--

--===============5272125929776887323==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5272125929776887323==--

---

From: auprichard uprichard.net <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 13:08:26 +0000

--_002_DS7PR07MB765528E0D01DE875698808DBCAE29DS7PR07MB7655namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I think this may be different, but Racetorations in the UK (disclaimer:  ow=
ned by my cousin but no financial interest) makes an overdrive harness whic=
h has a button on the gear shifter to engage, an LED light indicating when =
overdrive is on, and an autodisengagement function which ensures the gearbo=
x comes out of overdrive every time one changes gear.

I have not previously used the LED function, but I have this time on a modi=
fied TR250 (LEDs for fan and overdrive where hazard switch used to be)

Andrew Uprichard
Jackson, Michigan

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Dave Connitt
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2022 6:24 PM
To: Triumphs <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Sources for TR4A shift knobs with a momentary push button swi=

Hi All,=20

Sent from my IPhone=20

[email-masked]

--_002_DS7PR07MB765528E0D01DE875698808DBCAE29DS7PR07MB7655namp_
Content-Description: Inkeddash.jpg
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Inkeddash.jpg"; size=3675097;
	creation-date="Mon, 12 Dec 2022 13:07:26 GMT";
	modification-date="Mon, 12 Dec 2022 13:08:25 GMT"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_002_DS7PR07MB765528E0D01DE875698808DBCAE29DS7PR07MB7655namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--_002_DS7PR07MB765528E0D01DE875698808DBCAE29DS7PR07MB7655namp_--

---

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 13:24:15 +0000 (UTC)

--===============1816920812438464802==
	boundary="----=_Part_4377571_1324629840.1670851455403"

------=_Part_4377571_1324629840.1670851455403
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 I may have mis-interpreted your request.=C2=A0 No I have not seen a Shift =
Knob with a lighted (lit?*) push-button.=C2=A0 You may need to modify a sur=
plus knob.=C2=A0 Not too difficult with a drill press but an end-mill will =
be better.
Oh, and, by the way, the TR3 has=C2=A0 hollow shift lever just for such a d=
evice allowing the wires to be routed down the shaft.=C2=A0 This makes thos=
e shift levers particularly week and prone to breakage.=C2=A0 You may have =
to run your wires down the outside of your lever.=C2=A0 Some heat shrink tu=
bing should make it cosmetically presentable.
=20
Dave=20
=C2=A0* The adjective "lighted" indicates that there is a source of illumin=
ation included in the part and the adjective "lit"=C2=A0 means it is curren=
tly being illuminated.

=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Connitt <[email-masked]>
To: Triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, Dec 11, 2022 5:24 pm
Subject: [TR] Sources for TR4A shift knobs with a momentary push button swi=

Hi All,=20

Sent from my IPhone=20

[email-masked]

------=_Part_4377571_1324629840.1670851455403
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div> <font size="3">I may have mis-interpreted your request.&nbsp; No I have not seen a Shift Knob with a lighted (lit?*) push-button.&nbsp; You may need to modify a surplus knob.&nbsp; Not too difficult with a drill press but an end-mill will be better.</font></div>

<div><font size="3"><br>
</font></div>

<div><font size="3">Oh, and, by the way, the TR3 has&nbsp; hollow shift lever just for such a device allowing the wires to be routed down the shaft.&nbsp; This makes those shift levers particularly week and prone to breakage.&nbsp; You may have to run your wires down the outside of your lever.&nbsp; Some heat shrink tubing should make it cosmetically presentable.<br>
</font></div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="clear:both">

<div><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:sans-serif;color:black;"><font size="3"><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">&nbsp;* The adjective "lighted" indicates that there is a source of illumination included in the part and the adjective "lit"&nbsp; means it is currently being illuminated.</font></font><br>
</span></div>
<br>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

------=_Part_4377571_1324629840.1670851455403--

--===============1816920812438464802==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1816920812438464802==--