Subject: [TR] "Shameless" plug

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 15:14:13 -0000

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3372996141348623644==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0162_01D90BE0.E5D34B70"
Content-Language: en-gb

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0162_01D90BE0.E5D34B70
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I've been very touched by the recent messages that have come to me both on
and off list following my recent post about the late Ray Henderson. I'm
always happy to share stories if they're relevant and likely to be off
passing interest.

On that theme, this is just to give everyone a 'heads up' on a completely
new book that my publisher tells me will hit the bookstalls in the Spring of
2023 called "From Iron Cross to the Cross of Nails". It's a completely true
story about how the Jewish importer and his Jewish wife who were the
exclusive importers for Austria for Jaguar and Standard-Triumph from about
1928-1970 escaped the Holocaust. My late father features in it to a
considerable extent and I checked out a lot of other important detail when I
worked for the key character's business in Vienna in 1964. It also features
in the Talks Programme I give to many different types of clubs in the UK and
yesterday at the end of the talk, I was amazed to have a standing ovation
from the audience. I'll let the list know more about this new book, where it
can be bought, yadda yadda when my publisher acquaints me with the necessary
details.

With all that in view, and as we're now close-ish to Christmas, I've still
got a few copies left from the third print run of a book many of you have
kindly bought over the years called "In the Shadow of my Father - Life at
Triumph". It was self-published in the late 90's and my original estimate of
1,000 copies actually ran to a total print run of 8,000. Wow, I never
thought there were that many cars left or such a large number of interested
readers! Anyway, if anyone would like a copy (e.g. newer members of this
list), ordering and payment details appear below.

Book    GBP 15.00 (Paperback 212 pages)

P&P     GBP   8.50

TOTAL GBP 23.50

At an exchange rate of GBP1.00 equals US$1.50, the above figure translates
to US$35.25 but I'm happy to round that down to a straight 35 dollars. 

WAYS TO PAY

Previously, people sent me US$ cash wrapped in a copy of this email.  That
was because UK banks charged about 40% of the transaction value to convert
personal cheques and bank transfers into Sterling!!!!!!! I realise cash in
an envelope may seem a bit risky but with nearly 8,000 copies sold, we never
recorded someone's payment being stolen or a letter getting lost in transit.
If this option works for you, address your envelope with the email and cash
inside it to:

John Macartney

32 Avon Street

EVESHAM

Worcs WR11 4LQ

United Kingdom

I'll acknowledge receipt when I mail your book to you. Shipping to North
America via airmail is roughly five to seven days. That said, and according
to TV news today, Royal Mail have advised the nation they'll be on strike
for several days in the run-up to Christmas and overseas mail needs to be
'in the system' by 14th Dec latest, so time is a bit of the essence for
those who might want a copy.

Alternatively, you can pay using my wife's PayPal account. I don't have one
myself, never have had, nor do I know how it works but Liz tells me the
access you need is @LizMacartney and you make your payment in US$s.
Presumably PayPal then converts the proceeds into Pounds Sterling? If you do
choose to use PayPal, please let  me know via an email so we can go looking
for it to see if it's bobbed up at this end and I can get your book off to
you. Don't forget to let me have the address of where the book is to be
sent.

Sorry for the length of this post but a Happy Christmas to you all.

Jonmac

------=_NextPart_000_0162_01D90BE0.E5D34B70
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.apple-converted-space
	{mso-style-name:apple-converted-space;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I&#8217;ve been very touched =
by the recent messages that have come to me both on and off list =
following my recent post about the late Ray Henderson. I&#8217;m always =
happy to share stories if they&#8217;re relevant and likely to be off =
passing interest.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>On that =
theme, this is just to give everyone a &#8216;heads up&#8217; on a =
completely new book that my publisher tells me will hit the bookstalls =
in the Spring of 2023 called <b>&#8220;From Iron Cross to the Cross of =
Nails&#8221;</b>. It&#8217;s a completely true story about how the =
Jewish importer and his Jewish wife who were the exclusive importers for =
Austria for Jaguar and Standard-Triumph from about 1928-1970 escaped the =
Holocaust. My late father features in it to a considerable extent and I =
checked out a lot of other important detail when I worked for the key =
character&#8217;s business in Vienna in 1964. It also features in the =
Talks Programme I give to many different types of clubs in the UK and =
yesterday at the end of the talk, I was amazed to have a standing =
ovation from the audience. I&#8217;ll let the list know more about this =
new book, where it can be bought, yadda yadda when my publisher =
acquaints me with the necessary details.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>With all =
that in view, and as we&#8217;re now close-ish to Christmas, I&#8217;ve =
still got a few copies left from the third print run of a book many of =
you have kindly bought over the years called <b>&#8220;In the Shadow of =
my Father &#8211; Life at Triumph&#8221;. </b>It was self-published in =
the late 90&#8217;s and my original estimate of 1,000 copies actually =
ran to a total print run of 8,000. Wow, I never thought there were that =
many cars left or such a large number of interested readers! Anyway, if =
anyone would like a copy (e.g. newer members of this list), ordering and =
payment details appear below.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Book&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; GBP 15.00 (Paperback =
212 pages)</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>P&amp;P&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; GBP =
&nbsp;&nbsp;8.50</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>TOTAL GBP 23.50</span></b><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>At an exchange rate =
of GBP1.00 equals US$1.50, the above figure translates to<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><b>US$35.25</b><span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span>but I&#8217;m happy to round =
that down to a straight 35 dollars.<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span></span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>WAYS TO =
PAY</span><o:p></o:p></b></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Previously, people sent me US$ cash wrapped =
in a copy of this email. &nbsp;That was because UK banks charged about =
40% of the transaction value to convert personal cheques and bank =
transfers into Sterling!!!!!!! I realise cash in an envelope may seem a =
bit risky but with nearly 8,000 copies sold, we never recorded =
someone&#8217;s payment being stolen or a letter getting lost in =
transit. If this option works for you, address your envelope with the =
email and cash inside it to:</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>John =
Macartney</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>32 Avon Street</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>EVESHAM</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Worcs WR11 =
4LQ</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>United Kingdom</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>I&#8217;ll =
acknowledge receipt when I mail your book to you. Shipping to North =
America via airmail is roughly five to seven days. That said, and =
according to TV news today, Royal Mail have advised the nation =
they&#8217;ll be on strike for several days in the run-up to Christmas =
and overseas mail needs to be &#8216;in the system&#8217; by =
14<sup>th</sup> Dec latest, so time is a bit of the essence for those =
who might want a copy.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Alternatively, you =
can pay using my wife&#8217;s PayPal account. I don&#8217;t have one =
myself, never have had, nor do I know how it works but Liz tells me the =
access you need is<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><b>@LizMacartney<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span></b>and you make your payment =
in US$s. Presumably PayPal then converts the proceeds into Pounds =
Sterling? If you do choose to use PayPal, please let&nbsp; me know via =
an email so we can go looking for it to see if it&#8217;s bobbed up at =
this end and I can get your book off to you. Don&#8217;t forget to let =
me have the address of where the book is to be =
sent.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Sorry for the length =
of this post but a Happy Christmas to you all.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Jonmac</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal> <o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0162_01D90BE0.E5D34B70--

--===============3372996141348623644==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3372996141348623644==--

---

From: Michael Marr <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 15:40:11 +0000

--===============6903466744785704428==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_A9365524FF7542D296EC24D951695F31albiontechnicalcom_"

--_000_A9365524FF7542D296EC24D951695F31albiontechnicalcom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_A9365524FF7542D296EC24D951695F31albiontechnicalcom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_A9365524FF7542D296EC24D951695F31albiontechnicalcom_--

--===============6903466744785704428==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6903466744785704428==--