Subject: Re: [TR] LED headlight conversion

From: Christopher A Kantarjiev <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 11:38:43 -0700

I recently dug through the current offerings in this space, and decided 
to put in the "Holley Retrobright" sealed beam LED units, made by 
Morimoto. They're ... not cheap, but I liked the idea of fitting an 
entire unit rather than worrying about the alignment and heat issues 
associated with LED capsules in H4 housings.

Also, I was replacing sealed halogens, not an H4, so I would have had 
the expense of decent E-code housings anyway.

I couldn't be happier with how they went in and how they work. No fan. 
Big heat sinks on the housing. Easy/direct electrical connection. I 
opted for "modern white" but you can get "old skool yellowish white" too :-)

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/Sealed-Beam-Holley-RetroBright-LED-Headlights-7-Round_6

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Allan Stults" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 12:55:09 -0700

--===============7827245610132197828==
	boundary="=_1df29634dd12edc4ab08af5a33961c73"

--=_1df29634dd12edc4ab08af5a33961c73
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I like what I read about these lights.  Does positive/negative ground
have any bearing here?  My '62 TR 3 still has positive ground and I
have no intention of changing that.

Allan

On 11/4/2022 at 11:56 AM, "Christopher A Kantarjiev"  wrote:I recently
dug through the current offerings in this space, and decided 
to put in the "Holley Retrobright" sealed beam LED units, made by 
Morimoto. They're ... not cheap, but I liked the idea of fitting an 
entire unit rather than worrying about the alignment and heat issues 
associated with LED capsules in H4 housings.

Big heat sinks on the housing. Easy/direct electrical connection. I 
opted for "modern white" but you can get "old skool yellowish white"
too :-)

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs 

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
--=_1df29634dd12edc4ab08af5a33961c73
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<span style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; line-height: 150%;"><di=
v>I like what I read about these lights.&nbsp; Does positive/negative groun=
d have any bearing here?&nbsp; My '62 TR 3 still has positive ground and I =
have no intention of changing that.<br></div><div><br></div><div>Allan<br><=
/div><br>On 11/4/2022 at 11:56 AM, "Christopher A Kantarjiev" &lt;cak@dimeb=
ank.com&gt; wrote:<blockquote style=3D"border-left:solid 1px #ccc;margin-le=
ft:10px;padding-left:10px;">I recently dug through the current offerings in=
 this space, and decided <br>to put in the "Holley Retrobright" sealed beam=
 LED units, made by <br>Morimoto. They're ... not cheap, but I liked the id=
ea of fitting an <br>entire unit rather than worrying about the alignment a=
nd heat issues <br>associated with LED capsules in H4 housings.<br><br>Also=
, I was replacing sealed halogens, not an H4, so I would have had <br>the e=
xpense of decent E-code housings anyway.<br><br>I couldn't be happier with =
how they went in and how they work. No fan. <br>Big heat sinks on the housi=
ng. Easy/direct electrical connection. I <br>opted for "modern white" but y=
ou can get "old skool yellowish white" too :-)<br><br><a href=3D"https://ww=
w.theretrofitsource.com/Sealed-Beam-Holley-RetroBright-LED-Headlights-7-Rou=
nd_6">https://www.theretrofitsource.com/Sealed-Beam-Holley-RetroBright-LED-=
Headlights-7-Round_6</a><br><br>** [email-masked] **<br><br>Donate=
: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.ht=
ml</a><br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http:=
//www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archi=
ve">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]">http:/=
/autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a></blockqu=
ote></span>
--=_1df29634dd12edc4ab08af5a33961c73--

--===============7827245610132197828==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7827245610132197828==--

---

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 20:25:20 +0000 (UTC)

--===============5334812363775016384==
	boundary="----=_Part_52628_879436415.1667593520803"

------=_Part_52628_879436415.1667593520803
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

 This guy evaluated a bunch of after market LED headlights and raved about the Holley.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekMpdKfLlMQ

Dave 

 
-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher A Kantarjiev <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Fri, Nov 4, 2022 1:38 pm
Subject: Re: [TR] LED headlight conversion

------=_Part_52628_879436415.1667593520803
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div> <font size="3">This guy evaluated a bunch of after market LED headlights and raved about the Holley.</font></div>

<div><font size="3"><br>
</font></div>

<div><font size="3">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekMpdKfLlMQ</font></div>

<div><font size="3"><br>
</font></div>

<div><font size="3"><br>
</font></div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="clear:both">
<div style="color:black;font:12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div style="color:black;font:12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div><font size="4">Dave <br>
</font></div>

<div><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:sans-serif;color:black;"><br>
</span></div>
<br>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Christopher A Kantarjiev &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: [email-masked]<br>
Sent: Fri, Nov 4, 2022 1:38 pm<br>
Subject: Re: [TR] LED headlight conversion<br>
<br>

<div dir="ltr">I recently dug through the current offerings in this space, and decided <br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">to put in the "Holley Retrobright" sealed beam LED units, made by <br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Morimoto. They're ... not cheap, but I liked the idea of fitting an <br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">entire unit rather than worrying about the alignment and heat issues <br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">associated with LED capsules in H4 housings.<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Also, I was replacing sealed halogens, not an H4, so I would have had <br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">the expense of decent E-code housings anyway.<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">I couldn't be happier with how they went in and how they work. No fan. <br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Big heat sinks on the housing. Easy/direct electrical connection. I <br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">opted for "modern white" but you can get "old skool yellowish white" too :-)<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><a href="https://www.theretrofitsource.com/Sealed-Beam-Holley-RetroBright-LED-Headlights-7-Round_6" target="_blank">https://www.theretrofitsource.com/Sealed-Beam-Holley-RetroBright-LED-Headlights-7-Round_6</a><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>
</font></div>
</div>

------=_Part_52628_879436415.1667593520803--

--===============5334812363775016384==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5334812363775016384==--

---

From: auprichard uprichard.net <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 20:46:53 +0000

--===============8754922548349447076==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_DS7PR07MB765512F971CC6F489EF4C878CA3B9DS7PR07MB7655namp_"

--_000_DS7PR07MB765512F971CC6F489EF4C878CA3B9DS7PR07MB7655namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_DS7PR07MB765512F971CC6F489EF4C878CA3B9DS7PR07MB7655namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_DS7PR07MB765512F971CC6F489EF4C878CA3B9DS7PR07MB7655namp_--

--===============8754922548349447076==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8754922548349447076==--