Subject: Re: [TR] Front Fender bolt heads

From: Allen Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 14:56:08 -0400

--===============6434381916030821507==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_27B7F176-8C15-4639-A633-F0D63AF6075E"

--Apple-Mail=_27B7F176-8C15-4639-A633-F0D63AF6075E
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

I=E2=80=99ve had some success protecting the paint with a small piece of =
polyethylene plastic sheet over the bolt head. A socket will still fit =
over the bolt head and it works in a slotted head too. The paint may =
still chip if it is hard or brittle.
>=20
> From: Alan & Lyn Dunscombe <[email-masked] =
> Subject: [TR] Front Fender bolt heads
> Date: March 27, 2022 at 2:40:51 AM EDT
>=20
>=20
> Alright, here's a question for the archivists...
> Am about to get my 'Longdoor' TR2 painted, and need advice about under =
the bonnet (hood in USA)
> Where the front guards/fenders are bolted onto the inner guards from =
the scuttle/firewall forward to the front apron, the heads of the bolts =
(6 each side)  and washer underneath are visible. Anyone know for sure =
if they were just painted in the body colour along with everything else, =
or unpainted & cadmium plated?=20
> I assume they were painted, and imagine that once the car is running =
again & I have done a few miles and everything has settled  I will need =
to go round all those bolts and check if they need tightening again. If =
I do need to tighten them then I will probably damage the paint on the =
hex sides of the bolts unless there is some trick way to protect them =
when I put the socket onto them?
> All thoughts / suggestions gratefully accepted.
> Alan
> TS3612
> AW & LJ Dunscombe
> New Zealand

--Apple-Mail=_27B7F176-8C15-4639-A633-F0D63AF6075E
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D""><div>I=E2=80=99ve had some success protecting the paint with =
a small piece of polyethylene plastic sheet over the bolt head. A socket =
will still fit over the bolt head and it works in a slotted head too. =
The paint may still chip if it is hard or brittle.<br =
class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div class=3D""><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><div style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration: none; margin: =
0px;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: -webkit-system-font, =
&quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(127, 127, =
127);" class=3D""><b class=3D"">From:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></b></span><span =
style=3D"font-family: -webkit-system-font, &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, =
Helvetica, sans-serif;" class=3D"">Alan &amp; Lyn Dunscombe &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline;" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br =
class=3D""></span></div><div style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration: none; margin: =
0px;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: -webkit-system-font, =
&quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(127, 127, =
127);" class=3D""><b class=3D"">Subject:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></b></span><span =
style=3D"font-family: -webkit-system-font, &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, =
Helvetica, sans-serif;" class=3D""><b class=3D"">[TR] Front Fender bolt =
heads</b><br class=3D""></span></div><div style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, =
0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration: none; margin: =
0px;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: -webkit-system-font, =
&quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(127, 127, =
127);" class=3D""><b class=3D"">Date:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></b></span><span =
style=3D"font-family: -webkit-system-font, &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, =
Helvetica, sans-serif;" class=3D"">March 27, 2022 at 2:40:51 AM EDT<br =
class=3D""></span></div><div style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration: none; margin: =
0px;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: -webkit-system-font, =
&quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(127, 127, =
127);" class=3D""><b class=3D"">To:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></b></span><span =
style=3D"font-family: -webkit-system-font, &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, =
Helvetica, sans-serif;" class=3D""><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline;" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br =
class=3D""></span></div><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration: none;" =
class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: =
rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><div =
style=3D"margin: 0in; line-height: 16.866666793823242px; font-size: =
11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 12pt; =
line-height: 18.399999618530273px;" class=3D"">Alright, here's a =
question for the archivists...<o:p class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div =
style=3D"margin: 0in; line-height: 16.866666793823242px; font-size: =
11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 12pt; =
line-height: 18.399999618530273px;" class=3D"">Am about to get my =
'Longdoor' TR2 painted, and need advice about under the bonnet (hood in =
USA)<o:p class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
line-height: 16.866666793823242px; font-size: 11pt; font-family: =
Calibri, sans-serif; caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration: none;" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 12pt; line-height: =
18.399999618530273px;" class=3D"">Where the front guards/fenders are =
bolted onto the inner guards from the scuttle/firewall forward to the =
front apron, the heads of the bolts (6 each side)<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><span =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</span>and washer underneath are visible. Anyone know =
for sure if they were just painted in the body colour along with =
everything else, or unpainted &amp; cadmium plated?<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; line-height: =
16.866666793823242px; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; =
caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: =
rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-size: 12pt; line-height: 18.399999618530273px;" class=3D"">I=
 assume they were painted, and imagine that once the car is running =
again &amp; I have done a few miles and everything has settled<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><span =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</span>I will need to go round all those bolts and =
check if they need tightening again. If I do need to tighten them then I =
will probably damage the paint on the hex sides of the bolts unless =
there is some trick way to protect them when I put the socket onto =
them?<o:p class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
line-height: 16.866666793823242px; font-size: 11pt; font-family: =
Calibri, sans-serif; caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration: none;" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 12pt; line-height: =
18.399999618530273px;" class=3D"">All thoughts / suggestions gratefully =
accepted.<o:p class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
line-height: 16.866666793823242px; font-size: 11pt; font-family: =
Calibri, sans-serif; caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration: none;" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 12pt; line-height: =
18.399999618530273px;" class=3D"">Alan<o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; line-height: =
16.866666793823242px; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; =
caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: =
rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-size: 12pt; line-height: 18.399999618530273px;" =
class=3D"">TS3612<o:p class=3D""></o:p></span></div><pre =
class=3D"moz-signature" cols=3D"72" style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 10pt; font-family: &quot;Courier New&quot;; caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); =
text-decoration: none;">AW &amp; LJ Dunscombe
New Zealand</pre></div></blockquote></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_27B7F176-8C15-4639-A633-F0D63AF6075E--

--===============6434381916030821507==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6434381916030821507==--