Subject: [TR] upcoming travels (travails???)

From: dave northrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 00:16:46 +0000

--===============3581968615202998766==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_8b94e66299ff42eb84eedd1abc730458ranteercom_"

--_000_8b94e66299ff42eb84eedd1abc730458ranteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

On Tuesday, April 19, my adult son and I are leaving Dallas and driving to =
Tucumcari, NM, staying in the Blue Swallow Motel.  Not my first stay there,=
 btw

On Wednesday we are heading west on route 66, planning to only get as far a=
s Albuquerque.  We will see the Unser Racing Museum and do the ghost tour t=
hat night.

Thursday we are again headed west on Route 66.  Don't know how far we will =
get.  Ultimately we will turn north at Kingman and head to Reno where my da=
ughter lives, scheduled arrival some time Saturday.

Anyone on that route?  Repair shops just in case on that route?

The ride is a 1972 TR6, heavily modified engine and suspension including th=
e GoodParts triple carb setup, lightened flywheel, billet aluminum water pu=
mp and aluminum housing, polished, ported head, decked block with oversize =
pistons, etc.  We run about 11 to 1 compression.  Seven inch wheels and wid=
e sticky tires.  See more at www.ranteer.com/davescars/tr6<http://www.rante=
er.com/davescars/tr6>

Planning lots of Route 66 museums, lots of photo ops, and ultimately one or=
 more articles in 6 Pack Magazine.

--_000_8b94e66299ff42eb84eedd1abc730458ranteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-micr=
osoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns=3D"http:=
//www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
<meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>
<body lang=3D"EN-US" link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D"word-wrap:=
break-word">
<div class=3D"WordSection1">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">On Tuesday, April 19, my adult son and I are leaving=
 Dallas and driving to Tucumcari, NM, staying in the Blue Swallow Motel.&nb=
sp; Not my first stay there, btw<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">On Wednesday we are heading west on route 66, planni=
ng to only get as far as Albuquerque.&nbsp; We will see the Unser Racing Mu=
seum and do the ghost tour that night.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Thursday we are again headed west on Route 66.&nbsp;=
 Don&#8217;t know how far we will get.&nbsp; Ultimately we will turn north =
at Kingman and head to Reno where my daughter lives, scheduled arrival some=
 time Saturday.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Anyone on that route?&nbsp; Repair shops just in cas=
e on that route?<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">The ride is a 1972 TR6, heavily modified engine and =
suspension including the GoodParts triple carb setup, lightened flywheel, b=
illet aluminum water pump and aluminum housing, polished, ported head, deck=
ed block with oversize pistons, etc.&nbsp;
 We run about 11 to 1 compression.&nbsp; Seven inch wheels and wide sticky =
tires.&nbsp; See more at
<a href=3D"http://www.ranteer.com/davescars/tr6">www.ranteer.com/davescars/=
tr6</a><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Planning lots of Route 66 museums, lots of photo ops=
, and ultimately one or more articles in 6 Pack Magazine.<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_8b94e66299ff42eb84eedd1abc730458ranteercom_--

--===============3581968615202998766==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3581968615202998766==--

---

From: bill beecher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 17:30:48 -0500

Yes, the list was on the vtr.org web site, I am/was on it too.  
Bill

“The future of the world is contained in a sandwich”  Bergerac

On Mar 30, 2022, at 4:05 PM, William Pugh <[email-masked]> wrote:

Don’t know if is still there…but there was a list of Triumph drivers/cars who voluntarily to help anyone (TRs) in almost any State … I know I helped a driver replace his differential several years ago…there probably folks who still do that but I don’t remember the website listing all of the good folks still there.   Good Luck

> On Mar 30, 2022, at 9:41 AM, Randy and Valerie DeRuiter <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> If you have trouble with a gauge a visit to Moma in Albuquerque can be worth it - Owner Joey is very friendly and it’s interesting to see them restore old gauges.
> 
> Sent from my iPhone
> 
>> On Mar 28, 2022, at 7:19 PM, dave northrup <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
>> 
>> On Tuesday, April 19, my adult son and I are leaving Dallas and driving to Tucumcari, NM, staying in the Blue Swallow Motel.  Not my first stay there, btw
>> 
>> On Wednesday we are heading west on route 66, planning to only get as far as Albuquerque.  We will see the Unser Racing Museum and do the ghost tour that night.
>> 
>> Thursday we are again headed west on Route 66.  Don’t know how far we will get.  Ultimately we will turn north at Kingman and head to Reno where my daughter lives, scheduled arrival some time Saturday.
>> 
>> The ride is a 1972 TR6, heavily modified engine and suspension including the GoodParts triple carb setup, lightened flywheel, billet aluminum water pump and aluminum housing, polished, ported head, decked block with oversize pistons, etc.  We run about 11 to 1 compression.  Seven inch wheels and wide sticky tires.  See more at www.ranteer.com/davescars/tr6
>> 
>> Planning lots of Route 66 museums, lots of photo ops, and ultimately one or more articles in 6 Pack Magazine.
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]