Subject: [TR] Tr8 transmission or options

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 23:23:02 -0400

--===============2206799217598887858==

--0000000000007330c505ccc96273

I urged a friend to buy a low mileage tr8 from another friend vs buy my
hopped up (not finished) TR6. He sold his TR3 after his wife passed and was
ready for a Triumph suited to his needs.

Awesome TR8....until first gear goes out. I feel horrible, but working the
other friend for some assistance.

Anyone out there have a tranny, a source, or a good alternative for the
stock box?

Thanks!

--0000000000007330c505ccc96273
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto"><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature">I urged a friend =
to buy a low mileage tr8 from another friend vs buy my hopped up (not finis=
hed) TR6. He sold his TR3 after his wife passed and was ready for a Triumph=
 suited to his needs.</div><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature" dir=3D"a=
uto"><br></div><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature" dir=3D"auto">Awesome=
 TR8....until first gear goes out. I feel horrible, but working the other f=
riend for some assistance.=C2=A0</div><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signatur=
e" dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature" dir=3D"au=
to">Anyone out there have a tranny, a source, or a good alternative for the=
 stock box?</div><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature" dir=3D"auto"><br><=
/div><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature" dir=3D"auto">Thanks!</div></di=
v>

--0000000000007330c505ccc96273--

--===============2206799217598887858==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2206799217598887858==--

---

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 10:37:08 +0000 (UTC)

--===============4327258414698575613==
	boundary="----=_Part_804145_1174446289.1632566228416"

------=_Part_804145_1174446289.1632566228416
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 The T5 transmission is a very common swap.=C2=A0 A T5 5-speed from a V6 or=
 V8 powered Camaro or GM pick-up will bolt up to the Rover engine but you w=
ill have to change the clutch assy.=C2=A0 The T5 is lighter and will handle=
 more horse power and is available with a variety of gear ratios.=C2=A0 I s=
eem to recall that a box from a V6 pickup will have a fifth gear with long =
legs giving you the most RPM reduction for cruising the highways.
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
To: list Triumph <[email-masked]>
Sent: Fri, Sep 24, 2021 10:23 pm
Subject: [TR] Tr8 transmission or options

I urged a friend to buy a low mileage tr8 from another friend vs buy my hop=
ped up (not finished) TR6. He sold his TR3 after his wife passed and was re=
ady for a Triumph suited to his needs.
Awesome TR8....until first gear goes out. I feel horrible, but working the =
other friend for some assistance.=C2=A0
Anyone out there have a tranny, a source, or a good alternative for the sto=
ck box?
Thanks!** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archiv=
e

[email-masked]

------=_Part_804145_1174446289.1632566228416
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div> <font size="4">The T5 transmission is a very common swap.&nbsp; A T5 5-speed from a V6 or V8 powered Camaro or GM pick-up will bolt up to the Rover engine but you will have to change the clutch assy.&nbsp; The T5 is lighter and will handle more horse power and is available with a variety of gear ratios.&nbsp; I seem to recall that a box from a V6 pickup will have a fifth gear with long legs giving you the most RPM reduction for cruising the highways.</font><br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="clear:both"><font size="4">Dave </font><br>
<br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Chris Simo &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: list Triumph &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Fri, Sep 24, 2021 10:23 pm<br>
Subject: [TR] Tr8 transmission or options<br>
<br>

<div id="yiv1638140952">
<div>
<div>I urged a friend to buy a low mileage tr8 from another friend vs buy my hopped up (not finished) TR6. He sold his TR3 after his wife passed and was ready for a Triumph suited to his needs.</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Awesome TR8....until first gear goes out. I feel horrible, but working the other friend for some assistance.&nbsp;</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Anyone out there have a tranny, a source, or a good alternative for the stock box?</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Thanks!</div>
</div>

</div>
** <a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
<br>
Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs </a> <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
</font></div>
</div>

------=_Part_804145_1174446289.1632566228416--

--===============4327258414698575613==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4327258414698575613==--