Subject: [TR] TR4 Armstrong Shocks, Rattle and Serendipity THANKYOU LETTER

From: "Will Daehler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 15:54:06 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6428555149007120738==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0004_01D6CD7A.5C7935C0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01D6CD7A.5C7935C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

First off, Thank you to those who took the time to post suggestions about
how to best solve my rattling Triumph rear suspension problem.  The
gentlemen include Geo Hahn, Allen Hess, John Linney, George Haynes, Rye
Livingston, Jim Henningsen, Brian Kemp, Randy DeRuiter, Dave Connitt, Brian
at Ranteer, and Peter Ryner. THANK YOU.

I weighed carefully all the information, and pondered all the very thorough
responses.

Did I say serendipity ? 

I discovered that I lived 25 miles from World Wide Auto, in Madison
Wisconsin!  Who knew, and how could I pass up such a fortunate coincidence?
I met Jane and Steve and bought a beautifully restored pair of Armstrong
shocks. What a crazy small and defined specialty!  When I install them I
will use grade six internal hex socket head cap screws with fresh stover
nuts. I will check my shock links and replace the silent blocks on the leaf
springs. And then onto motoring!

Faithfully,

Will Daehler

TR4 Powder Blue

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01D6CD7A.5C7935C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>First off, =
Thank you to those who took the time to post suggestions about how to =
best solve my rattling Triumph rear suspension problem. &nbsp;The =
gentlemen include Geo Hahn, Allen Hess, John Linney, George Haynes, Rye =
Livingston, Jim Henningsen, Brian Kemp, Randy DeRuiter, Dave Connitt, =
Brian at Ranteer, and Peter Ryner. THANK YOU.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I weighed =
carefully all the information, and pondered all the very thorough =
responses.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Did I say serendipity ? <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal> I =
discovered that I lived 25 miles from World Wide Auto, in Madison =
Wisconsin!&nbsp; Who knew, and how could I pass up such a fortunate =
coincidence?&nbsp; I met Jane and Steve and bought a beautifully =
restored pair of Armstrong shocks. What a crazy small and defined =
specialty! &nbsp;When I install them I will use grade six internal hex =
socket head cap screws with fresh stover nuts. I will check my shock =
links and replace the silent blocks on the leaf springs. And then onto =
motoring!<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Faithfully,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Will =
Daehler<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>TR4 Powder =
Blue<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal> =
<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0004_01D6CD7A.5C7935C0--

--===============6428555149007120738==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6428555149007120738==--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 18:12:57 -0600

This is why I love this list (and it's predecessors, back to my 
discovery of [email-masked] in 1991!)
  -Lee

On 2020-12-08 15:54, Will Daehler wrote:
> First off, Thank you to those who took the time to post suggestions
> about how to best solve my rattling Triumph rear suspension problem.
> The gentlemen include Geo Hahn, Allen Hess, John Linney, George
> Haynes, Rye Livingston, Jim Henningsen, Brian Kemp, Randy DeRuiter,
> Dave Connitt, Brian at Ranteer, and Peter Ryner. THANK YOU.
> 
> I weighed carefully all the information, and pondered all the very
> thorough responses.
> 
> Did I say serendipity ?
> 
> Wisconsin!  Who knew, and how could I pass up such a fortunate
> coincidence?  I met Jane and Steve and bought a beautifully restored
> pair of Armstrong shocks. What a crazy small and defined specialty!
> When I install them I will use grade six internal hex socket head cap
> screws with fresh stover nuts. I will check my shock links and replace
> the silent blocks on the leaf springs. And then onto motoring!
> 
> Faithfully,
> 
> Will Daehler
> 
> TR4 Powder Blue