Subject: [TR] Welding help wanted

From: Sujit Roy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 09:31:21 -0800

--===============1101601636236603514==

--000000000000da890205b6c07aca

  I've had this MIG for years. never was successful in welding anything.
Now I need to weld part of the soft top and diff. extension. I got it out
yesterday. It's a 220 volt Craftsman unit I am practicing on some thin
metal pipes. All I'm trying to do is put some weld on the pipe. It is on
the lowest voltage setting, but I'm burning holes through the metal. I've
looked at YouTube videos on how to weld, but am not sure how to stop
burning holes. The only other adjustment I have is wire feed speed. Do I
adjust this up or down? Any pointers welcome.

Sujit

-- 
Sujit Roy
Cupertino, California

https://triumphstagblog.wordpress.com/

--000000000000da890205b6c07aca
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">=C2=A0 I&#39;ve had this MIG for years. never was successf=
ul in welding anything. Now I need to weld part of the soft top and diff. e=
xtension. I got it out yesterday. It&#39;s a 220 volt Craftsman unit I am p=
racticing on some thin metal pipes. All I&#39;m trying to do is put some we=
ld on the pipe. It is on the lowest voltage setting, but I&#39;m burning ho=
les through the metal. I&#39;ve looked at YouTube videos on how to weld, bu=
t am not sure how to stop burning holes. The only other adjustment I have i=
s wire feed speed. Do I adjust this up or down? Any pointers welcome.<div><=
br>Sujit=C2=A0=C2=A0</div><div><br></div>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"g=
mail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Su=
jit Roy<br>Cupertino, California</div><div><br><a href=3D"https://triumphst=
agblog.wordpress.com/" target=3D"_blank">https://triumphstagblog.wordpress.=
com/</a><br><br></div></div></div></div>

--000000000000da890205b6c07aca--

--===============1101601636236603514==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1101601636236603514==--

---

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 18:02:48 +0000 (UTC)

--===============5018917305259340101==
	boundary="----=_Part_1478776_1933486767.1608314568503"

------=_Part_1478776_1933486767.1608314568503
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 I would check with the local community college or trade school to see if t=
hey have a continuing education or night school class on welding.=C2=A0 I'v=
e done a very little bit of welding but I've found that it is much easier t=
o weld thicker stuff than thinner stuff.=C2=A0 But I don't know what else t=
o try other than slowing down the wire feed rate.

=20
Dave=20

=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Sujit Roy <[email-masked]>
To: Triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Fri, Dec 18, 2020 11:31 am
Subject: [TR] Welding help wanted

=C2=A0 I've had this MIG for years. never was successful in welding anythin=
g. Now I need to weld part of the soft top and diff. extension. I got it ou=
t yesterday. It's a 220 volt Craftsman unit I am practicing on some thin me=
tal pipes. All I'm trying to do is put some weld on the pipe. It is on the =
lowest voltage setting, but I'm burning holes through the metal. I've looke=
d at YouTube videos on how to weld, but am not sure how to stop burning hol=
es. The only other adjustment I have is wire feed speed. Do I adjust this u=
p or down? Any pointers welcome.
Sujit=C2=A0=C2=A0
--=20
Sujit Roy
Cupertino, California

------=_Part_1478776_1933486767.1608314568503
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div> <font size="3">I would check with the local community college or trade school to see if they have a continuing education or night school class on welding.&nbsp; I've done a very little bit of welding but I've found that it is much easier to weld thicker stuff than thinner stuff.&nbsp; But I don't know what else to try other than slowing down the wire feed rate.</font></div>

<div><font size="3"><br>
</font></div>

<div><font size="3"></font><br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="clear:both"><font size="4">Dave </font><br>
<br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Sujit Roy &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: Triumphs &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Fri, Dec 18, 2020 11:31 am<br>
Subject: [TR] Welding help wanted<br>
<br>

<div id="yiv9970063813">
<div dir="ltr">&nbsp; I've had this MIG for years. never was successful in welding anything. Now I need to weld part of the soft top and diff. extension. I got it out yesterday. It's a 220 volt Craftsman unit I am practicing on some thin metal pipes. All I'm trying to do is put some weld on the pipe. It is on the lowest voltage setting, but I'm burning holes through the metal. I've looked at YouTube videos on how to weld, but am not sure how to stop burning holes. The only other adjustment I have is wire feed speed. Do I adjust this up or down? Any pointers welcome.
<div><br>
Sujit&nbsp;&nbsp;</div>

<div><br>
</div>
-- <br>

<div dir="ltr" class="yiv9970063813gmail_signature">
<div dir="ltr">
<div>Sujit Roy<br>
Cupertino, California</div>

<div><br>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

------=_Part_1478776_1933486767.1608314568503--

--===============5018917305259340101==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5018917305259340101==--