Subject: [TR] new purchase

From: David P <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 09:10:34 -0700

Recently bought a customers '71 TR6. He had added some (so called 
performance items) headers, lrg dia exhaust, poly bushings, and tube 
shocks after I'd rebuilt the engine with a "fast road cam". He 
subsequently fell in love with a 410 420? Jag sedan and having never 
rebuilt the TR's carbs was unhappy with the car...and needed money for 
his jag purchase..  I rebuilt the carbs and that made it a decent 
driver, but the distributor was holding the engine back..sooo, I drilled 
out the distributor to accept the adjustable vacuum advance unit from a 
MG dist.. (25D). I now get 33 degrees total at 8 degrees initial. Added 
some real life to the engine.. What have others done? Pertronix and 123 
distributors notwithstanding.. daveP

-- 
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My World go here: WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]