Subject: Re: [TR] Shop pests

From: bill beecher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 08:25:30 -0500

Makes me think of the Ray Stevens song about the squirrel in church.
B

Stay Home, Wash Your Hands. 

On Apr 2, 2020, at 8:11 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

My wife used to think they were cute before the day she reached into the 
Milkbone box to reward our dog for something or other. When a squirrel ran up her arm folks on the other side of town probably heard her scream. Once the dog recovered his senses, he dutifully dispatched the thief. 
That's when I knew I had to do something more than "trap and release", and since shooting them in the house was out of the question, I turned to a more "organic" approach.
I have read that peppermint oil actually makes squirrels sick but have no way to confirm it.

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application 

-----Original Message----- 

From: [email-masked] 
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked] 
Cc: [email-masked] 
Sent: 2020-04-02 8:51:31 AM 
Subject: Re: [TR] Shop pests 

Came, knocked down the bird feeder, tore it up, ate the contents, and clawed 
and dented the other bird feeder. Then, as a middle finger to humiliate us, 
dumped the above onto our garden hose. Maybe we'll try the peppermint oil???? 
On April 1, 2020 at 10:55 [email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked]) 
wrote:

Two years ago I had squirrels living in a space in the attic that only they 
could get to. I tried trapping them in a Havaheart trap then releasing them 4-5 
miles from here. All that did was making room for more of the little pests. I 
finally bought a spray bottle of peppermint oil from Amazon and cut an access 
hole to the squirrel chamber. I liberally sprayed it around. I also soaked 
several cotton balls with the oil and tossed them in too. Finally I covered the 
hole with an electrical outlet cover plate. The squirrels didn't move out 
immediately but were gone within a couple of weeks and so far they haven't 
returned. Much more effective than trapping them and if they do come back all I 
have to do is take the cover plate off and get the peppermint oil out again.

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application 
-----Original Message----- 
From: [email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked]) To: 
[email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked]) Cc: [email-masked]
(mailto:[email-masked]) Sent: 2020-04-01 8:07:37 PM Subject: Re: [TR] 
Shop pests
Squirrels are furry rats. They will destroy anything, just ask my buddy Jim
Gray who is busy doing 150 spices on his wiring loom for his tow vehicle. I 
have had them chew up hundreds of dollars of my cedar fence and deck and tear 
up a deck chair just for the hell of it. When they do that shit they become 
expendable. Get a trap (Home Depot) bait it with peanut butter, shoot them with 
an air gun, throw them in a trash bag and then the garbage or they will just 
come back. I have also throw them in the nearest slew to feed the local coyotes 
and foxes.
Ruthless yes, but been burned too many times by being nice to them. I'm a 
farm boy and believe in live and let live up until they don't abide by that 
when there's plenty of things to do and eat than destroy property for no 
reason. Two hundred dollar cedar boards and deck chairs are not food.
Rant off. 
Sent from my Commodore 64 
On Apr 1, 2020, at 4:30 PM, Bob < [email-masked] 
(mailto:[email-masked])> wrote: 
Bill, 
Short of sending them to animal heaven, get a have a heart trap and bait it 
with peanuts. Then take them to the next county and let them go. Using ammo in 
a closed area is not a good idea. You may put holes in your wall. Good luck. 
Save your ammo for other things. Next job is to seal the area where they 
entered. Been there and done that!
Bob 
On 4/1/20 6:19 PM, bill beecher wrote: Help!!! I now have squirrels in the 
shop. Way up in the ridge, about 16’ in the air, they are thinking a making 
their home in the wall that separates the shop and the barn.
Short of some .22 bird shot has anyone a suggestion to run them out? I could 
probably spray something up there.
Bill B TS30800L 
“Cactus Jack drinks coffee black......” M.Murphy  ** [email-masked] 
(mailto:[email-masked]) ** 
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html (http://www.team.net/donate.html) 
Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs 
(http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs) http://www.team.net/archive 
(http://www.team.net/archive) 
Unsubscribe/Manage: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked] 
(http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked])  ** 
[email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked]) ** 
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html (http://www.team.net/donate.html) 
Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs 
(http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs) http://www.team.net/archive 
(http://www.team.net/archive) 
Unsubscribe/Manage: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked] 
(http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]) 
** [email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked]) ** 
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html (http://www.team.net/donate.html) 
Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs 
(http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs) http://www.team.net/archive 
(http://www.team.net/archive) 
Unsubscribe/Manage: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked] 
(http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]) 

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: bill beecher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 08:25:30 -0500