Subject: [TR] More origingal TR-6 repair records

From: "Ron L'Herault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 15:54:24 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============9089041955959782415==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0023_01D6083D.D1678CE0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01D6083D.D1678CE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

It's  June of 1972, a bit out of sequence from the last one.   The car was
in for a 6000 service, oil and filter were expected .  It got a tune up and
alignment was checked.   That pat is a little bit of paranoia carried over
from owning a brand new GT6+ for a year.  It seemed to go out of alignment
when you closed a door.    The bill was almost $60, which included $7.25 for
a rental car.

At 12,455 miles,  the day after Christmas in 1972 I brought it in for 12000
mile service .  It got oil, plugs, carb needles, condenser, points, a vacuum
hose and a snap in the soft top.  They did a front and rear alignment and
noted that the rear end needed work, probably a bad bearing.  It whined.
Poof.  $140 gone.

It went back in  2/5/73, at 13, 324 miles to have the rear end overhauled.
They did, fortunately cover it under the warranty.   I paid $22.47, $14 of
which was for the rental.

The saga continues.

Ron L

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01D6083D.D1678CE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>It&#8217;s =
&nbsp;June of 1972, a bit out of sequence from the last one.&nbsp;&nbsp; =
The car was in for a 6000 service, oil and filter were expected .&nbsp; =
It got a tune up and alignment was checked.&nbsp;&nbsp; That pat is a =
little bit of paranoia carried over from owning a brand new GT6+ for a =
year.&nbsp; It seemed to go out of alignment when you closed a =
door.&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;The bill was almost $60, which included $7.25 =
for a rental car.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>At 12,455 =
miles,&nbsp; the day after Christmas in 1972 I brought it in for 12000 =
mile service .&nbsp; It got oil, plugs, carb needles, condenser, points, =
a vacuum hose and a snap in the soft top.&nbsp; They did a front and =
rear alignment and noted that the rear end needed work, probably a bad =
bearing.&nbsp; It whined.&nbsp; Poof.&nbsp; $140 gone.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>It went back =
in&nbsp; 2/5/73, at 13, 324 miles to have the rear end overhauled.&nbsp; =
They did, fortunately cover it under the warranty.&nbsp;&nbsp; I paid =
$22.47, $14 of which was for the rental.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The saga =
continues.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Ron L<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0023_01D6083D.D1678CE0--

--===============9089041955959782415==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============9089041955959782415==--