Subject: [TR] TR2 master cylinder

From: John Deluca <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 14:46:22 -0500

I can not get fluid to move from the clutch side of the Lockheed master cylinder on my TR2.  Brake side bled fine.  MC was rebuilt by PO.  I’ve been through it twice trying to find the problem.  The MC is on the bench, disassembled again.  It was assembled correctly, the pistons depress and return, all holes/lines are open,  rubber is new, fit is snug, cylinders have been honed, clean Dot 5 fluid, line to clutch slave is clear.  Am completely unable to get any fluid out of the cylinder.  The piston does move full travel when trying to bleed.  Any suggestions on how to get the fluid moving will be most appreciated.
John DeLuca

Sent from my iPad
** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 20:50:11 -0400

--===============6410708594359150953==

--000000000000466dc505a26c6b71

Have you tried to wet it externally?

Its worth a try to put it on the bench and actuate manually.  Let's see
where it goes from here.

--000000000000466dc505a26c6b71
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto"><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature">Have you tried to=
 wet it externally?</div><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature" dir=3D"aut=
o"><br></div><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature" dir=3D"auto">Its worth=
 a try to put it on the bench and actuate manually.=C2=A0 Let&#39;s see whe=
re it goes from here.</div></div>

--000000000000466dc505a26c6b71--

--===============6410708594359150953==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6410708594359150953==--