Subject: Re: [TR] Disclaimer: I AM checking The Triump Experience histories....

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 18:59:41 -0500

> Question is, though, what the heck?  Swapping electronic 
> ignition for points can cause such a huge timing 
> differential? 

Yes, I found the same thing.  Installing electronic ignition changed the
timing significantly.  PITA when you have to switch back to points on the
side of the road.

-- Randall  

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Greg Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 22:38:19 -0500

--===============2530380229967675009==

--000000000000e45a46058c823e25

Same experience here, the the Pertronix will change the timing
significantly, by the side of the road I would probably use the simple
"advance to the point where you achieve highest idle speed then retard it
back "a squosh"

Greg Lemon
TR250

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019, 6:59 PM Randall <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

--000000000000e45a46058c823e25
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto"><div dir=3D"auto"></div>Same experience here, the the Per=
tronix will change the timing significantly, by the side of the road I woul=
d probably use the simple &quot;advance to the point where you achieve high=
est idle speed then retard it back &quot;a squosh&quot;<div dir=3D"auto"><b=
r></div><div dir=3D"auto">Greg Lemon</div><div dir=3D"auto">TR250</div><div=
 dir=3D"auto"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote" dir=3D"auto"><div dir=3D"ltr" =
class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Jun 29, 2019, 6:59 PM Randall &lt;<a href=3D"m=
ailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">tr3driver@c=
a.rr.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D=
"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">&gt; Questi=
on is, though, what the heck?=C2=A0 Swapping electronic <br>
&gt; ignition for points can cause such a huge timing <br>
&gt; differential? <br>
<br>
Yes, I found the same thing.=C2=A0 Installing electronic ignition changed t=
he<br>
timing significantly.=C2=A0 PITA when you have to switch back to points on =
the<br>
side of the road.<br>
<br>
-- Randall=C2=A0 <br>
<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer"=
 target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
<br>
errer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" rel=3D"noreferr=
er noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/t=
riumphs</a>=C2=A0 <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer=
 noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><b=
r>
<br>
hs/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_bl=
ank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br=
</blockquote></div></div></div>

--000000000000e45a46058c823e25--

--===============2530380229967675009==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2530380229967675009==--

---

From: Paul Tegler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 00:54:29 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3717575751917310973==
 boundary="------------29B614CB744458A3B29D98D8"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------29B614CB744458A3B29D98D8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

close.... best timing (ol' timer way)

adjust your idle timing to achieve the highest possible manifold vacuum 
while re-adjusting idle to obtain proper rpm

ptegler

On 6/29/2019 11:38 PM, Greg Lemon wrote:

> "advance to the point where you achieve highest idle speed then retard 
> it back "a squosh"
>
> Greg Lemon
> TR250
>
> On Sat, Jun 29, 2019, 6:59 PM Randall <[email-masked] 
>
>     > Question is, though, what the heck??? Swapping electronic
>     Yes, I found the same thing.?? Installing electronic ignition
>     changed the
>     timing significantly.?? PITA when you have to switch back to points
>     on the
>     side of the road.
>
>     -- Randall
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 
Paul Tegler
[email-masked]  www.teglerizer.com

--------------29B614CB744458A3B29D98D8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>close.... best timing (ol' timer way)</p>
    <p>adjust your idle timing to achieve the highest possible manifold
      vacuum while re-adjusting idle to obtain proper rpm</p>
    <p>ptegler<br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>On 6/29/2019 11:38 PM, Greg Lemon wrote:<br>
    </p>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAFtw3abab53MAUW14=yy=[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="auto">Same experience here, the the Pertronix will
        change the timing significantly, by the side of the road I would
        probably use the simple "advance to the point where you achieve
        highest idle speed then retard it back "a squosh"
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="auto">Greg Lemon</div>
        <div dir="auto">TR250</div>
        <div dir="auto"><br>
          <div class="gmail_quote" dir="auto">
            <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sat, Jun 29, 2019, 6:59
              PM Randall &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                target="_blank" rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
              wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
              .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">&gt;
              Question is, though, what the heck??? Swapping electronic <br>
              &gt; ignition for points can cause such a huge timing <br>
              &gt; differential? <br>
              <br>
              Yes, I found the same thing.?? Installing electronic
              ignition changed the<br>
              timing significantly.?? PITA when you have to switch back
              to points on the<br>
              side of the road.<br>
              <br>
              -- Randall?? <br>
              <br>
              ** <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
              <br>
              Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
              Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"
                rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>??
              <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer
                noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
              <br>
              Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
                href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]"
                rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
            </blockquote>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 
Paul Tegler
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.teglerizer.com">www.teglerizer.com</a></pre>
  </body>
</html>

--------------29B614CB744458A3B29D98D8--

--===============3717575751917310973==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3717575751917310973==--

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 09:37:50 -0700

--===============7875658257493469862==

--0000000000007ef091058c8d22ed

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 5:00 PM Randall <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ...Installing electronic ignition changed the
> side of the road....

Which is why I carry a complete 2nd distributor, one with electronic and
one with points.  Sometimes it is just easier to swap everything and find
the problem when you get home.

Geo

--0000000000007ef091058c8d22ed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">=
<div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 5:00 PM Randa=
ll &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; w=
rote:<br></div><div>=C2=A0</div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"=
margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-lef=
t:1ex">...Installing electronic ignition changed the<br>
timing significantly.=C2=A0 PITA when you have to switch back to points on =
the<br>
side of the road....</blockquote><div><br></div><div>Which is why I carry a=
 complete 2nd distributor, one with electronic and one with points.=C2=A0 S=
ometimes it is just easier to swap everything and find the problem when you=
 get home.</div><div><br></div><div>Geo</div></div></div>

--0000000000007ef091058c8d22ed--

--===============7875658257493469862==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7875658257493469862==--

---

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 15:53:29 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8960219575556093711==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002C_01D52F5B.F6C988F0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D52F5B.F6C988F0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

+1

=20

From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Geo Hahn
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2019 11:38 AM
To: triumphs <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TR] Disclaimer: I AM checking The Triump Experience =
histories....

=20

=20

=20

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 5:00 PM Randall <[email-masked] =

=20

...Installing electronic ignition changed the
timing significantly.  PITA when you have to switch back to points on =
the
side of the road....

=20

Which is why I carry a complete 2nd distributor, one with electronic and =
one with points.  Sometimes it is just easier to swap everything and =
find the problem when you get home.

=20

Geo

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D52F5B.F6C988F0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>+1<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> =
Triumphs &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Geo =
Hahn<br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, June 30, 2019 11:38 AM<br><b>To:</b> =
triumphs &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] =
Disclaimer: I AM checking The Triump Experience =
histories....<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 5:00 PM Randall &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in'><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>...Installing electronic ignition changed =
the<br>timing significantly.&nbsp; PITA when you have to switch back to =
points on the<br>side of the road....<o:p></o:p></p></blockquote><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Which is why I carry a complete 2nd distributor, one =
with electronic and one with points.&nbsp; Sometimes it is just easier =
to swap everything and find the problem when you get =
home.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Geo<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></div></body></html=
------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D52F5B.F6C988F0--

--===============8960219575556093711==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8960219575556093711==--