Subject: [TR] Overdrive in a TR6

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 00:01:53 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3532489215946302123==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0164_01D51B31.E27B8170"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0164_01D51B31.E27B8170
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have never restored a TR6 but there is one for sale locally.  Apparently
it comes "with the rare factory overdrive option".

It is a 1970 car, vin CC 55,000 (ish)

Is this likely to be an A-type or a J-type?  I know the difference to look
at the respective overdrives, but the car is lying in a yard, I probably
can't get under it, and the transmission tunnel looks from the photos to be
intact.

I'd like to know before making an offer for the car.  Any suggestions?

Andrew Uprichard

------=_NextPart_000_0164_01D51B31.E27B8170
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>I have never restored a =
TR6 but there is one for sale locally.&nbsp; Apparently it comes =
&#8220;with the rare factory overdrive =
option&#8221;.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>It is a 1970 car, vin CC =
55,000 (ish)<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>Is this likely to be an =
A-type or a J-type?&nbsp; I know the difference to look at the =
respective overdrives, but the car is lying in a yard, I probably =
can&#8217;t get under it, and the transmission tunnel looks from the =
photos to be intact.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>I&#8217;d like to know =
before making an offer for the car.&nbsp; Any suggestions?<br><br>Andrew =
Uprichard<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0164_01D51B31.E27B8170--

--===============3532489215946302123==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3532489215946302123==--