Subject: [TR] 2 problems -'73 TR-6

From: "Ron L'Herault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 16:23:16 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============7371578335745526778==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002F_01D526BB.4D09B7C0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01D526BB.4D09B7C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi gang,

I'll start with the newest first.  The brake pedal seems a bit soft and will
go down slowly to a point.   Car seems to stop OK, fluid level is not going
down.  I don't hear hissing from the booster.  Could it be time to rebuild
the (replaced) master cylinder?

The second problem is hard to describe.   The engine will run fine until it
gets to near operating temperature, usually.  Then  it seems like it runs on
only two cylinders.  Pulling out the choke helps and fluttering the gas
pedal to finally get the engine to rev up seems to stop it.  Once going at
speed it does not usually revert to the odd running.    What is the wisdom
of the collective to which I have been assimilated?

Thanks,

Ron L

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01D526BB.4D09B7C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Hi =
gang,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I&#8217;ll start with the newest first.&nbsp; The =
brake pedal seems a bit soft and will go down slowly to a point. =
&nbsp;&nbsp;Car seems to stop OK, fluid level is not going down.&nbsp; I =
don&#8217;t hear hissing from the booster.&nbsp; Could it be time to =
rebuild the (replaced) master cylinder?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The second =
problem is hard to describe.&nbsp;&nbsp; The engine will run fine until =
it gets to near operating temperature, usually.&nbsp; Then &nbsp;it =
seems like it runs on only two cylinders.&nbsp; Pulling out the choke =
helps and fluttering the gas pedal to finally get the engine to rev up =
seems to stop it.&nbsp; Once going at speed it does not usually revert =
to the odd running.&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;What is the wisdom of the =
collective to which I have been assimilated?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
L<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_002F_01D526BB.4D09B7C0--

--===============7371578335745526778==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7371578335745526778==--