Subject: [TR] 59 TR3A

From: "Italyfound" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 21:45:43 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============8679384182067966307==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_05AB_01D4B29B.D33ECBD0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_05AB_01D4B29B.D33ECBD0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello All......

Quick question on the replacement of a rear brake cylinder on my 59 =
TR3A......

I ordered the replacement parts for a leaking cylinder from Moss UK and =
received part number 580-025.

This part was ordered while over seas 1 year ago, unfortunately I am =
just getting around to installing the bad cylinder.

Quick baseline I also ordered a 72 TR6 fuel pump while there that =
arrived and turned out to be the wrong part as the lever was totally =
different than the one off the car and would not run. Long story short =
...back and forth and finally converted to an electronic one I had. Moss =
UK swapped out the pump for a regulator.

Now the rear brake cylinder for the 3......after installing it....it =
became apparent that the shoes were tight to the drum with little or no =
adjustment possible.

A friend here just installed a Roadster Factory cylinder that matches =
the one I took off and is different than the one Moss UK sent. Thinking =
the part was wrong I checked on Moss USA and saw the picture of the part =
and it is identical to the Moss UK part (Golden Classic)

The part of the cylinder that is different is the cylinder itself has a =
flat instead of the 2 ears where the brake shoe slides into.

So my question is has anyone used a Moss brake cylinder without any =
problems......before I have another go at installing it or even =
contacting Moss for a return.

One other question about the shoes...the RF shoes that my friend =
received each (4) has a slot for the handbrake lever. My guess on this =
is that the shoes are resurfaced and that explains the reason for that. =
My shoes from Moss only has two for the lever slots...(pr for each rear =
tire).... am I correct in this thought.....

Thanks,
Alex Manzo
72 TR6
59 TR3A

 =20

------=_NextPart_000_05AB_01D4B29B.D33ECBD0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 9.00.8112.16811">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Hello All......</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Quick question on the replacement of a rear brake cylinder on my 59 =

TR3A......</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I ordered the replacement parts for a leaking cylinder from Moss UK =
and=20
received part number 580-025.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This part was ordered while over seas 1 year ago, unfortunately I =
am just=20
getting around to installing the bad cylinder.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Quick baseline I&nbsp;also ordered a 72 TR6 fuel pump while there =
that=20
arrived and turned out to be the wrong part as the lever was totally =
different=20
than the one off the car and would not run. Long story short ...back and =
forth=20
and finally converted to an electronic one I had. Moss UK swapped out =
the pump=20
for a regulator.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Now the rear&nbsp;brake cylinder for the 3......after installing =
it....it=20
became apparent that the shoes were tight to the drum with little or no=20
adjustment possible.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>A friend here just installed a Roadster Factory cylinder that =
matches the=20
one I took off and is different than the one Moss UK sent. Thinking the =
part was=20
wrong I checked on Moss USA and saw the picture of the part and it is =
identical=20
to the Moss UK part (Golden Classic)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The part of the cylinder that is different is the cylinder itself =
has a=20
flat instead of the 2 ears where the brake shoe slides into.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>So my question is has anyone used a Moss brake cylinder without any =

problems......before I have another go at installing it or even =
contacting Moss=20
for a return.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>One other question about the shoes...the RF shoes that my friend=20
received&nbsp;each (4) has a slot for the handbrake lever. My guess on =
this is=20
that the shoes are resurfaced and that explains the reason for that. My =
shoes=20
from Moss only has two&nbsp;for the lever slots...(pr for each rear =
tire).... am=20
I correct in this thought.....</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>Alex Manzo</DIV>
<DIV>72 TR6</DIV>
<DIV>59 TR3A</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_05AB_01D4B29B.D33ECBD0--

--===============8679384182067966307==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8679384182067966307==--