Subject: [TR] TR 4 crank seal

From: Bob Nogueira <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 15:11:31 +0000

I’ve repeatedly read about fitting the scroll seal to the TR4 engine and the necessity of centering it with a mandrel. How much play should there be when laying the seal in the block without bolts or mandrel?
I had my block line bored and I’m assuming the machinist didn’t realize that the opening for the scroll seal would also need to be machined so it is now a tight fit with no wiggle room.
Am I correct in thinking I can open up the scroll seal opening with a die grinder since it will be set in gasket compound? Would I be better off taking material off the   Aluminum seal ( it’s a Mad Marx seal)?
Thanks  
Bob Nogueira 
** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Nogueira <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 19:09:49 +0000

--===============1411902456428329679==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_CY4PR17MB126914F65AF22A7210E10420DF8D0CY4PR17MB1269namp_"

--_000_CY4PR17MB126914F65AF22A7210E10420DF8D0CY4PR17MB1269namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_CY4PR17MB126914F65AF22A7210E10420DF8D0CY4PR17MB1269namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_CY4PR17MB126914F65AF22A7210E10420DF8D0CY4PR17MB1269namp_--

--===============1411902456428329679==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1411902456428329679==--