Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 wiring

From: TERRY SMITH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 18:59:28 -0500 (EST)

--===============3710322418076386309==
	boundary="----=_Part_492686_1640134961.1545955168407"

------=_Part_492686_1640134961.1545955168407
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I hate to be the one to introduce shipwright's disease here.  But....

The engine may sound fine when you ran it.  Might it be advisable--opinions invited here--to at least pull the pan while it's out of the car, and check the bearings for wear?  Much easier to do the recommended 50k change of main and rod bearings with the engine out. 

Just wondering.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667

New Hampshire

> On December 26, 2018 at 11:39 PM dave <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>     Thank you all so much for some great suggestions.   
> 
>     First i plan to soak the cylinders with pb blaster and magic mystery oil for a week or two, gently  try to turn the engine over, soak some more, gently try again,  etc.  
> 
>     After that, change all the fluids and check that the valves are all moving.   Maybe a compression test. 
> 
>     Then I  plan to get it running.   If i am not mistaken,  from battery to ignition coil to ground,  plus new plugs and wires,  use a "remote" starter,  probably a little starter fluid,  gas can to electric pump to carbs,  and i might have something!
> 
>     If not,  it's carb rebuild time
> 
>     Then my son and i have to have some serious discussions on where we go from there.  I think we are aiming for driver,  but staying more or less correct.  
> 
>     I like the idea of pulling the engine now and doing the cleanup/paint before doing the hydraulics and the wiring. 
> 
>     More info,  and it will be updated as we make progress at www.ranteer.com/davescars/tr3a
> 
>     ** [email-masked] **
> 
>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs http://www.team.net/archive
> 
>     Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
> 

------=_Part_492686_1640134961.1545955168407
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html><head>
    <meta charset=3D"UTF-8">
</head><body><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sa=
ns-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">I hate to be the one to introduce shipwr=
ight&#39;s disease here.&#160; But....<br></p><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; =
font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">The eng=
ine may sound fine when you ran it.&#160; Might it be advisable--opinions i=
nvited here--to at least pull the pan while it&#39;s out of the car, and ch=
eck the bearings for wear?&#160; Much easier to do the recommended 50k chan=
ge of main and rod bearings with the engine out.&#160; <br></p><p style=3D"=
font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, =
51, 51);">Just wondering.<br></p><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: =
helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);"><br></p><p style=3D"=
font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, =
51, 51);">Terry Smith, &#39;59 TR3A&#160; TS 58667<br></p><p style=3D"font-=
size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 5=
1);">New Hampshire<br></p><blockquote type=3D"cite">On December 26, 2018 at=
 11:39 PM dave &#60;[email-masked]&#62; wrote: <br> <br>Thank you all so =
much for some great suggestions.&#160; &#160;<div><br></div><div>First i pl=
an to soak the cylinders with pb blaster and magic mystery oil for a week o=
r two, gently&#160; try to turn the engine over, soak some more, gently try=
 again,&#160; etc.&#160;&#160;</div><div><br></div><div>After that, change =
all the fluids and check that the valves are all moving.&#160; &#160;Maybe =
a compression test.&#160; <br><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto"=
>Then I&#160; plan to get it running.&#160; &#160;If i am not mistaken,&#16=
0; from battery to ignition coil to ground,&#160; plus new plugs and wires,=
&#160; use a &#34;remote&#34; starter,&#160; probably a little starter flui=
d,&#160; gas can to electric pump to carbs,&#160; and i might have somethin=
g!</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">If not,&#160; it&#39;=
s carb rebuild time</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">Then=
 my son and i have to have some serious discussions on where we go from the=
re.&#160; I think we are aiming for driver,&#160; but staying more or less =
correct.&#160;&#160;</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">I l=
ike the idea of pulling the engine now and doing the cleanup/paint before d=
oing the hydraulics and the wiring.&#160;</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div>=
<div dir=3D"auto">More info,&#160; and it will be updated as we make progre=
ss at www.ranteer.com/davescars/tr3a</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div></div=
>** [email-masked] ** <br> <br>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.=
html <br>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs http://www.team.ne=
t/archive <br> <br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/option=
s/triumphs/[email-masked] <br></blockquote><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt=
; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;" class=3D"defaul=
t-style"><br>&#160;</p></body></html>
=20
------=_Part_492686_1640134961.1545955168407--

--===============3710322418076386309==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3710322418076386309==--