Subject: [TR] Stromberg needles for TR4A

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2018 09:12:09 -0500 (EST)

--===============1493493660777391409==
	boundary="=_7357e11b-d1b2-4ce4-809b-4cbb3b7e31f9"

--=_7357e11b-d1b2-4ce4-809b-4cbb3b7e31f9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

What recommendations does the list have for metering needles for a DD. The mods are a big bore piston kit, new stock cam, 4 into 1 header exhaust, old style Soundmaster Turbo Muffler at the rear. The plug readings are quite dark when run at higher RPM and it tends to blow blackish smoke from over enrichment when accelerating if the mixture is adjusted correctly at idle and low RPM. This seemed to happen after installing the cheap tubular header in place of the OE 4 into 2 into 1 exhaust manifold. Gas mileage dropped a bunch too. So, I suspect we need to go with some slower taper metering needles. Has anyone found some alternatives that work well? Thanks, Arnold 

--=_7357e11b-d1b2-4ce4-809b-4cbb3b7e31f9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-s=
ize: 12pt; color: #000000"><div data-marker=3D"__QUOTED_TEXT__"><div style=
=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000=
000"><div><div style=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-siz=
e: 12pt; color: #000000"><br><div>&nbsp;What recommendations does the list =
have&nbsp; for metering needles for a DD.&nbsp;&nbsp; The mods are a big bo=
re piston kit, new stock cam, 4 into 1 header exhaust, old style Soundmaste=
r Turbo Muffler at the rear.&nbsp;&nbsp; The plug readings are quite dark w=
hen run at higher RPM and it tends to blow blackish smoke from over enrichm=
ent when accelerating if the mixture is adjusted correctly at idle and low =
RPM.&nbsp;&nbsp; This seemed to happen after installing the cheap tubular h=
eader in place of the OE 4 into 2 into 1 exhaust manifold.&nbsp;&nbsp; Gas =
mileage dropped a bunch too.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; So, I suspect we need to go =
with some slower taper metering needles.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Has anyone found=
 some alternatives that work well?&nbsp; Thanks, Arnold<br></div></div></di=
v></div><br></div></div></body></html>
--=_7357e11b-d1b2-4ce4-809b-4cbb3b7e31f9--

--===============1493493660777391409==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1493493660777391409==--