Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 convertible top

From: "wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 14:26:58 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5666395486226592064==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0006_01D49EB9.64B74DE0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D49EB9.64B74DE0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I agree with that, better yet wait until July and leave it out in the =
sunshine for a couple hours.  =20

Bill

=20

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
dave
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2018 9:04 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR3 convertible top

=20

I have a nos convertible top.  Apparently an old Sears/Allstate top, =
still in the box all folded up, still carefully wrapped in tissue paper, =
probably more or less how it came some years ago.  It=E2=80=99s a vinyl =
TR3 top with a cloth lining.  Never been installed, lots of snaps and =
things included.

=20

I talked to Moss today, and they said to use heat, obviously not a lot.  =
I know, take it slow, be careful, apply heat, just take my time.

=20

Has anyone actually done anything like this?

=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D49EB9.64B74DE0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";
	color:black;}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:Consolas;
	color:black;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle22
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>I agree with that, =
better yet wait until July and leave it out in the sunshine for a couple =
hours. =C2=A0=C2=A0<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Bill<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'color:windowtext'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'color:windowtext'> Triumphs =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>dave<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, December 27, 2018 9:04 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [TR] TR3 =
convertible top<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have a nos =
convertible top.&nbsp; Apparently an old Sears/Allstate top, still in =
the box all folded up, still carefully wrapped in tissue paper, probably =
more or less how it came some years ago. &nbsp;It=E2=80=99s a vinyl TR3 =
top with a cloth lining.&nbsp; Never been installed, lots of snaps and =
things included.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I talked to =
Moss today, and they said to use heat, obviously not a lot.&nbsp; I =
know, take it slow, be careful, apply heat, just take my =
time.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Has anyone actually done anything like =
this?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p =
align=3Dcenter =
style=3D'text-align:center'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div></body></htm=
l>
------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D49EB9.64B74DE0--

--===============5666395486226592064==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5666395486226592064==--

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 16:50:18 -0700

--===============1792517564419925502==

--000000000000564e5d057e1dba96
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I would think the safest 'heat' to work with this would be sunshine.  On a
sunny day a black top will get quite warm and become very pliable -- but
possibly the wrong time of year for that approach unless you can wait
patiently for 6 months.

Geo

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 12:56 PM dave <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have a nos convertible top.  Apparently an old Sears/Allstate top, stil=
l
> in the box all folded up, still carefully wrapped in tissue paper, probab=
ly
> more or less how it came some years ago.  It=E2=80=99s a vinyl TR3 top wi=
th a cloth
> lining.  Never been installed, lots of snaps and things included.
>
>
>
I
> know, take it slow, be careful, apply heat, just take my time.
>
>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

--000000000000564e5d057e1dba96
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I would think the safest &#39;heat&#39; to work with this =
would be sunshine.=C2=A0 On a sunny day a black top will get quite warm and=
 become very pliable -- but possibly the wrong time of year for that approa=
ch unless you can wait patiently for 6 months.<div><br></div><div>Geo</div>=
</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 =
at 12:56 PM dave &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</=
a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0p=
x 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><d=
iv bgcolor=3D"white" lang=3D"EN-US"><div class=3D"gmail-m_-1587396259762818=
241WordSection1"><p class=3D"MsoNormal">I have a nos convertible top.=C2=A0=
 Apparently an old Sears/Allstate top, still in the box all folded up, stil=
l carefully wrapped in tissue paper, probably more or less how it came some=
 years ago.=C2=A0 It=E2=80=99s a vinyl TR3 top with a cloth lining.=C2=A0 N=
ever been installed, lots of snaps and things included.<u></u><u></u></p><p=
 class=3D"MsoNormal"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal">I talke=
d to Moss today, and they said to use heat, obviously not a lot.=C2=A0 I kn=
ow, take it slow, be careful, apply heat, just take my time.<u></u><u></u><=
/p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal">Ha=
s anyone actually done anything like this?<u></u><u></u></p><p class=3D"Mso=
Normal"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></p><div><p align=3D"center" style=3D"text-alig=
n:center"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></p></div></div></div>** <a href=3D"mailto:tr=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" rel=3D"noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>=C2=A0 <a h=
ref=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
hs/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000564e5d057e1dba96--

--===============1792517564419925502==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1792517564419925502==--

---

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 18:13:21 -0600

--===============1496812830550307056==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D49ED9.04C75090"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D49ED9.04C75090
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=E2=80=9CIF=E2=80=9D the top were black.  Its white=20

=20

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>=20
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2018 5:50 PM
To: dave <[email-masked]>
Cc: Triumphs <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 convertible top

=20

I would think the safest 'heat' to work with this would be sunshine.  On =
a sunny day a black top will get quite warm and become very pliable -- =
but possibly the wrong time of year for that approach unless you can =
wait patiently for 6 months.

=20

Geo

=20

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 12:56 PM dave <[email-masked] =

=20

=20

=20

=20

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  =

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D49ED9.04C75090
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>=E2=80=9CIF=E2=80=9D the top were black.=C2=A0 Its =
white <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Geo Hahn &lt;[email-masked]&gt; =
<br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, December 28, 2018 5:50 PM<br><b>To:</b> dave =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Cc:</b> Triumphs =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR3 =
convertible top<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I would =
think the safest 'heat' to work with this would be sunshine.&nbsp; On a =
sunny day a black top will get quite warm and become very pliable -- but =
possibly the wrong time of year for that approach unless you can wait =
patiently for 6 months.<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Geo<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 12:56 PM dave &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in'><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>I have a =
nos convertible top.&nbsp; Apparently an old Sears/Allstate top, still =
in the box all folded up, still carefully wrapped in tissue paper, =
probably more or less how it came some years ago.&nbsp; It=E2=80=99s a =
vinyl TR3 top with a cloth lining.&nbsp; Never been installed, lots of =
snaps and things included.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>&nbsp;<o:p><=
/o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>I talked to =
Moss today, and they said to use heat, obviously not a lot.&nbsp; I =
know, take it slow, be careful, apply heat, just take my =
time.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>&nbsp;<o:p><=
/o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>Has anyone =
actually done anything like this?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>&nbsp;<o:p><=
/o:p></p><div><p align=3Dcenter =
style=3D'text-align:center'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a> **<br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Mana=
ge: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=
om" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/ahwahnee=
[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D49ED9.04C75090--

--===============1496812830550307056==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1496812830550307056==--

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 19:55:28 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8985876108274508299==
 boundary="------------5840DC7583CDBCFFF43FC19F"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------5840DC7583CDBCFFF43FC19F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

On 12/28/18 1:26 PM, wbeech wrote:
>
> I agree with that, better yet wait until July and leave it out in the 
> sunshine for a couple hours.
>
> Bill
>
I disagree. The material stretches when hot, contracts when cold. I've 
seen too many people trying unsuccessfully  to properly erect a soft top 
when it gets cool on a trip. Snaps do not quite reach and they leave 
some unattached. Best to install the snaps at about the temperature that 
you would normally consider erecting the top. They might be a little 
loose on a hot summer day if you erect it for shade but you should be 
able to erect it when it gets cold.

TeriAnn

> *From:*Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of 
> *dave
> *Sent:* Thursday, December 27, 2018 9:04 PM
> *To:* [email-masked]
> *Subject:* [TR] TR3 convertible top
>
> I have a nos convertible top.  Apparently an old Sears/Allstate top, 
> still in the box all folded up, still carefully wrapped in tissue 
> paper, probably more or less how it came some years ago.  Itâ€™s a 
> vinyl TR3 top with a cloth lining.  Never been installed, lots of 
> snaps and things included.
>
> I talked to Moss today, and they said to use heat, obviously not a 
> lot.  I know, take it slow, be careful, apply heat, just take my time.
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and 
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>
2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn what to write

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*

--------------5840DC7583CDBCFFF43FC19F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 12/28/18 1:26 PM, wbeech wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered
        medium)">
      <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";
	color:black;}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:Consolas;
	color:black;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle22
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">I agree with
            that, better yet wait until July and leave it out in the
            sunshine for a couple hours.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">Bill</span></p>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p>I disagree. The material stretches when hot, contracts when cold.
      I've seen too many people trying unsuccessfully  to properly erect
      a soft top when it gets cool on a trip. Snaps do not quite reach
      and they leave some unattached. Best to install the snaps at about
      the temperature that you would normally consider erecting the top.
      They might be a little loose on a hot summer day if you erect it
      for shade but you should be able to erect it when it gets cold.</p>
    <p>TeriAnn<br>
    </p>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <div>
          <div style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1
            1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="color:windowtext">From:</span></b><span
                style="color:windowtext"> Triumphs
                [<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>] <b>On Behalf
                  Of </b>dave<br>
                <b>Sent:</b> Thursday, December 27, 2018 9:04 PM<br>
                <b>To:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
                <b>Subject:</b> [TR] TR3 convertible top<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">I have a nos convertible top.  Apparently
          an old Sears/Allstate top, still in the box all folded up,
          still carefully wrapped in tissue paper, probably more or less
          how it came some years ago.  Itâ€™s a vinyl TR3 top with a
          cloth lining.  Never been installed, lots of snaps and things
          included.<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">I talked to Moss today, and they said to
          use heat, obviously not a lot.  I know, take it slow, be
          careful, apply heat, just take my time.<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Has anyone actually done anything like
          this?<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <div>
          <p style="text-align:center" align="center"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      <p align="center"><a href="http://overlandtravel.us">Book - The
          Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
          Canada</a>
        <br>
        2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
        what to write<br>
        <br>
        <b>Because the world beckons and life waits for no one</b></p>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------5840DC7583CDBCFFF43FC19F--

--===============8985876108274508299==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8985876108274508299==--

---

From: Paul Tegler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 22:39:35 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4796140443651218749==
 boundary="------------7D25C7920C02D153179DF78F"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------7D25C7920C02D153179DF78F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

many times! (btdt)  and agree...left in the sun is best. 75 to 90 degree 
range is best (top surface temp).  BUT...you don't want it super hot, 
just very pliable. AND...when installing do NOT stretch if very tight or 
you'll never get it up when cooler.

The idea of it being warm is simply to allow the material to stretch in 
multiple directions, and stretch evenly to get the wrinkles out.

Better yet, 'stretch' is not the correct term.... 'noticeably pliable' 
perhaps a better term.   :-)

ptegler

On 12/28/2018 3:26 PM, wbeech wrote:
> paper, probably more or less how it came some years ago.  It’s a vinyl 
> TR3 top with a cloth lining.  Never been installed, lots of snaps and 
> things included.
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 
Paul Tegler
[email-masked]  www.teglerizer.com

--------------7D25C7920C02D153179DF78F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <p>many times! (btdt)  and agree...left in the sun is best. 75 to 90
      degree range is best (top surface temp).  BUT...you don't want it
      super hot, just very pliable. AND...when installing do NOT stretch
      if very tight or you'll never get it up when cooler.</p>
    <p>The idea of it being warm is simply to allow the material to
      stretch in multiple directions, and stretch evenly to get the
      wrinkles out. <br>
    <p>Better yet, 'stretch' is not the correct term.... 'noticeably
      pliable' perhaps a better term.   :-)</p>
    <p>ptegler<br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 12/28/2018 3:26 PM, wbeech wrote:<br>
            sunshine for a couple hours.   <o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">Bill<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          how it came some years ago.  It’s a vinyl TR3 top with a cloth
          lining.  Never been installed, lots of snaps and things

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 
Paul Tegler
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.teglerizer.com">www.teglerizer.com</a></pre>
  </body>
</html>

--------------7D25C7920C02D153179DF78F--

--===============4796140443651218749==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4796140443651218749==--

---

From: Randy and Valerie DeRuiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 18:17:21 +0000

--===============6575439753200676194==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_CY4PR1601MB1255814965B7D486A4E991C5B9B00CY4PR1601MB1255_"

--_000_CY4PR1601MB1255814965B7D486A4E991C5B9B00CY4PR1601MB1255_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_CY4PR1601MB1255814965B7D486A4E991C5B9B00CY4PR1601MB1255_
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_CY4PR1601MB1255814965B7D486A4E991C5B9B00CY4PR1601MB1255_--

--===============6575439753200676194==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6575439753200676194==--