Subject: [TR] Stromberg needles for TR4A

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 08:31:44 -0500 (EST)

--===============5766982190640030396==
	boundary="=_0d807ace-e271-41e4-ad2d-d3b3c85c75ac"

--=_0d807ace-e271-41e4-ad2d-d3b3c85c75ac
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

What recommendations does the list have for metering needles for a DD. The mods are a big bore piston kit, new stock cam, 4 into 1 header exhaust, old style Soundmaster Turbo Muffler at the rear. The plug readings are quite dark when run at higher RPM and it tends to blow blackish smoke from over enrichment when accelerating if the mixture is adjusted correctly at idle and low RPM. This seemed to happen after installing the cheap tubular header in place of the OE 4 into 2 into 1 exhaust manifold. Gas mileage dropped a bunch too. So, I suspect we need to go with some slower taper metering needles. Has anyone found some alternatives that work well? Thanks, Arnold 

--=_0d807ace-e271-41e4-ad2d-d3b3c85c75ac
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-s=
ize: 12pt; color: #000000"><div data-marker=3D"__QUOTED_TEXT__"><div style=
=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000=
000"><br><div>&nbsp;What recommendations does the list have&nbsp; for meter=
ing needles for a DD.&nbsp;&nbsp; The mods are a big bore piston kit, new s=
tock cam, 4 into 1 header exhaust, old style Soundmaster Turbo Muffler at t=
he rear.&nbsp;&nbsp; The plug readings are quite dark when run at higher RP=
M and it tends to blow blackish smoke from over enrichment when acceleratin=
g if the mixture is adjusted correctly at idle and low RPM.&nbsp;&nbsp; Thi=
s seemed to happen after installing the cheap tubular header in place of th=
e OE 4 into 2 into 1 exhaust manifold.&nbsp;&nbsp; Gas mileage dropped a bu=
nch too.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; So, I suspect we need to go with some slower tap=
er metering needles.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Has anyone found some alternatives t=
hat work well?&nbsp; Thanks, Arnold<br></div></div><br></div></div></body><=
/html>
--=_0d807ace-e271-41e4-ad2d-d3b3c85c75ac--

--===============5766982190640030396==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5766982190640030396==--