Subject: [TR] TR6 blinker switch

From: dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 11:44:11 -0600

----_com.samsung.android.email_644765093046710

----_com.samsung.android.email_644765098822231
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

SGVyZSBpcyBhIHBpY3R1cmUgb2YgdGhlIGJsaW5rZXIgc3dpdGNoIHdpcmVzIG9uIHRoZSB3aXJp
bmcgZGlhZ3JhbS7CoCDCoElmIGkgY29ubmVjdCBibHVlIHRvIHJlZC9ncmVlbiwgaSBnZXQgY29u
bmVjdGl2aXR5IHdpdGggdGhlIHN3aXRjaCBpbiBvbmUgcG9zaXRpb24uwqAgwqBJbiB0aGUgb3Ro
ZXIgcG9zaXRpb24gaSBnZXQgbm8gY29ubmVjdGl2aXR5IGJldHdlZW4gdGhlIGJsdWUgYW5kIGFu
eSBvdGhlciB3aXJlLsKgIMKgSXMgdGhlIHN3aXRjaCBiYWQ/wqAgQ2FuIGFueW9uZSB0ZWxsIG1l
IHdoYXQgdGhlIHdpcmVzIGFyZSBmb3Igc2luY2UgaSBkb24ndCBzZWUgdGhlIGNvcnJlbGF0aW9u
IGJldHdlZW4gdGhlIGRpYWdyYW0gYW5kIHRoZSBzd2l0Y2g/Cm51bGw=

----_com.samsung.android.email_644765098822231
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_644765098822231--

----_com.samsung.android.email_644765093046710
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="20181124_113758.jpg";
 size=1876224

EwAAACQAAABTRUZU

----_com.samsung.android.email_644765093046710
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

----_com.samsung.android.email_644765093046710--

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 11:19:48 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3254236420301000752==
 boundary="------------4C1DB36A999A8687EA86D31F"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------4C1DB36A999A8687EA86D31F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

On 11/24/18 10:44 AM, dave wrote:
> Here is a picture of the blinker switch wires on the wiring diagram.  
>  If i connect blue to red/green, i get connectivity with the switch in 
> one position.   In the other position i get no connectivity between 
> the blue and any other wire.   Is the switch bad?  Can anyone tell me 
> what the wires are for since i don't see the correlation between the 
> diagram and the switch?

Does the switch double as a high beam dip switch? Your wiring diagram 
doesn't seem to be for your year TR.

I have a 1960's wire colour use chart which may help.

Brown =always hot

Blue = direct feed from headlamp switch (usually goes to dip switch)

Blue/white usually provides power to high beams.

Brown/blue = power feed to the headlamp switch

Red/green = 4 way flasher circuit?

TeriAnn

-- 

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and 
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>
2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn what to write

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*

--------------4C1DB36A999A8687EA86D31F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 11/24/18 10:44 AM, dave wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      Here is a picture of the blinker switch wires on the wiring
      diagram.   If i connect blue to red/green, i get connectivity with
      the switch in one position.   In the other position i get no
      connectivity between the blue and any other wire.   Is the switch
      bad?  Can anyone tell me what the wires are for since i don't see
      the correlation between the diagram and the switch?<br>
    </blockquote>
    <p>Does the switch double as a high beam dip switch? Your wiring
      diagram doesn't seem to be for your year TR.<br>
    </p>
    <p>I have a 1960's wire colour use chart which may help.<br>
    </p>
    <p>Brown =always hot</p>
    <p>Blue = direct feed from headlamp switch (usually goes to dip
      switch)</p>
    <p>Blue/white usually provides power to high beams.</p>
    <p>Brown/blue = power feed to the headlamp switch</p>
    <p>Red/green = 4 way flasher circuit?<br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>TeriAnn<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      <p align="center"><a href="http://overlandtravel.us">Book - The
          Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
          Canada</a>
        <br>
        2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
        what to write<br>
        <br>
        <b>Because the world beckons and life waits for no one</b></p>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------4C1DB36A999A8687EA86D31F--

--===============3254236420301000752==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3254236420301000752==--

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 11:17:40 -0800

I suspect that what you have there is not a turn signal switch at all; but
rather the headlight switch for 69-72 TR6 (and perhaps others).

There should be 3 positions vertically (as installed).  One position is no
connection (off), middle position connects NU to RG (parking lights), last
position connects NU to RG to U (headlights on).

You should also be able to move the lever towards the driver (again as
installed) against a spring, which will connect N to UW (flash to pass).

The colors don't quite match the colors on Dan's diagram, but they do match
exactly the colors on the diagram in the workshop manual.  (IMO this is a
mistake in Dan's diagram; or perhaps a sign that not all switches had the
same color wires.)

-- Randall 
56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of dave
> Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2018 9:44 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [TR] TR6 blinker switch
> 
> diagram.   If i connect blue to red/green, i get connectivity 
> with the switch in one position.   In the other position i 
> get no connectivity between the blue and any other wire.   Is 
> the switch bad?  Can anyone tell me what the wires are for 
> since i don't see the correlation between the diagram and the switch?
>

---

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 14:59:58 -0500

--===============2315717990331041412==

--000000000000e4efe4057b6e8b72

--000000000000e4efe3057b6e8b71

Looks like the wrong diagram...or the wrong switch.  This is from the
1970-1971 diagram that's similar to yours (1972 diagram?)...wire colors
match your switch, but it controls all  the lighting as well as
flash-to-pass?  No turn signals, though.

Note that the wire labeled "NU" should be colored Brown/Blue.

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 1:04 PM dave <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Here is a picture of the blinker switch wires on the wiring diagram.   If
> i connect blue to red/green, i get connectivity with the switch in one
> position.   In the other position i get no connectivity between the blue
> and any other wire.   Is the switch bad?  Can anyone tell me what the wires
> are for since i don't see the correlation between the diagram and the
> switch?** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

--000000000000e4efe3057b6e8b71
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Looks like the wrong diagram...or the wrong switch.=C2=A0 =
This is from the 1970-1971 diagram that&#39;s similar to yours (1972 diagra=
m?)...wire colors match your switch, but it controls all=C2=A0 the lighting=
 as well as flash-to-pass?=C2=A0 No turn signals, though.<div><br></div><di=
v>Note that the wire labeled &quot;NU&quot; should be colored Brown/Blue.=
=C2=A0=C2=A0<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><div><img src=3D"cid:ii_=
jovvibej0" alt=3D"image.png" width=3D"495" height=3D"486"><br></div></div><=
/div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Sat, Nov 24, =
2018 at 1:04 PM dave &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
om</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margi=
n:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div>Here is a pi=
cture of the blinker switch wires on the wiring diagram.=C2=A0 =C2=A0If i c=
onnect blue to red/green, i get connectivity with the switch in one positio=
n.=C2=A0 =C2=A0In the other position i get no connectivity between the blue=
 and any other wire.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Is the switch bad?=C2=A0 Can anyone tell m=
e what the wires are for since i don&#39;t see the correlation between the =
diagram and the switch?** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=
=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" rel=3D"noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>=C2=A0 <a h=
ref=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
hs/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</div></blockquote></div>

--000000000000e4efe3057b6e8b71--

--000000000000e4efe4057b6e8b72
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <ii_jovvibej0>

--000000000000e4efe4057b6e8b72--

--===============2315717990331041412==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2315717990331041412==--

---

From: dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 19:33:08 -0600

--===============4988291645401693952==

----_com.samsung.android.email_698462894730910
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_698462894730910
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_698462894730910--

--===============4988291645401693952==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4988291645401693952==--