Subject: Re: [TR] (no subject)

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 14:05:18 -0400

> and maybe the pushrod is still entirely straight.  My 
> inclination at this point is to put everything back togather, 
> reset the  valve lash on all the cylinders (.010") and see if 
> she'll crank.

Paul, I strongly encourage you not to take this approach to anything inside
an engine.  The ole TRactor motor is incredibly tough, but if something goes
wrong, it can tear itself up much quicker than you can shut it down.

Trust me, I learned this lesson the hard way.  The last time I thought "Oh,
it'll be OK", one of the connecting rods went through the side of the block,
pretty much ruining the entire engine.  It's got to be exactly right.

You've had this engine running; assuming it ran on all 4 cylinders, you know
the pushrod was originally in place and has popped out for some reason.  You
have to at least try to identify and fix the reason.  Otherwise, it is going
to pop out again; most likely not while parked in your garage.

Perhaps you answered before and I missed it: Did the rebuilder install
bronze valve guides and forget to ream them oversize?

-- Randall  

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive