Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A SU H6 Carb Rebuild Question

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2018 10:58:07 -0400

They're hex nuts, so six flats per turn.  Some sources do recommend 12 flats
(two full turns).

Actually doesn't matter all that much where you start; since you will be
using the choke to start and the choke overrides the mixture nuts.  Get it
started and warmed up on the choke, then turn the nuts down until it idles
smoothly on just the nuts.

-- Randall  

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Jim Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2018 16:57:51 -0400

Thanks for all the responses.  I backed off 1 1/2 turns to start.  It was
way to rich so worked my way back almost a whole turn, one flat at a time.
Running much better and no leaks.  It is nice to learn something new on a
Triumph.  Now to figure out the best way to polish the exterior of the
suction chamber.  Also having fun getting the 6 ready for the Trials.  
Jim Henningsen

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Randall
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2018 10:58 AM
To: 'Paul Dorsey' <[email-masked]>
Cc: 'Triumphs' <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A SU H6 Carb Rebuild Question

-- Randall  

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]