Subject: [TR] TR6 Brake servo question

From: "Jim Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 19:37:50 -0400

List:
Just about finished getting my 75 TR6 ready for the Trials end of the week.
I had a leaking master brake cylinder going into the servo.  It doesn't look
like it went in the servo interior as the silicon brake fluid dripped out
the bottom between cylinder and servo. I have installed a new master brake
cylinder and rebled the lines, twice, to get the air out.  The pedal is firm
with the engine off.  With engine running the pedal is very soft.  Too much
pedal travel than before.  I rebled the system in case there was air but no
change.  Is it possible the silicone leaked into the servo and it isn't
performing correctly?  I don't want to buy another servo if I don't need
one.  I also didn't try it running with the servo vacuum lined disconnected
and plugged.  Thoughts?
Thanks,
Jim Henningsen
Ocala FL
Too many TRs

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive