Subject: [TR] Starting a dry engine advice sought

From: Paul Dorsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 10:20:43 -0400

--===============9138248999962695060==

--000000000000cbabb10574f83f9b

It's been about 10-20 years since I've run my Triumph and I did so after
the engine had just been rebuilt.  I know it makes people cringe, but
that's just the way it is.
Im hoping to start it today.  There's no oil in it and I'm about ready to
go to Autozone for some more.  ISTO REmember that a good grade of 20w50 is
probly what I want to aim for,but, I wonder if 10w30 might be better for a
dry engine.  If you want me to start with a thinner oil and after 10
minutes of run time, change out to 20w50 I can do that to.  Maybe a cdhange
of oil filter is advisable too.

--000000000000cbabb10574f83f9b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">It&#39;s been about 10-20 years since I&#39;ve run my Triu=
mph and I did so after the engine had just been rebuilt.=C2=A0 I know it ma=
kes people cringe, but that&#39;s just the way it is.<div>Im hoping to star=
t it today.=C2=A0 There&#39;s no oil in it and I&#39;m about ready to go to=
 Autozone for some more.=C2=A0 ISTO REmember that a good grade of 20w50 is =
probly what I want to aim for,but, I wonder if 10w30 might be better for a =
dry engine.=C2=A0 If you want me to start with a thinner oil and after 10 m=
inutes of run time, change out to 20w50 I can do that to.=C2=A0 Maybe a cdh=
ange of oil filter is advisable too.</div></div>

--000000000000cbabb10574f83f9b--

--===============9138248999962695060==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============9138248999962695060==--