Subject: [TR] How to remove runs from vinyl paint?

From: Sujit Roy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 13:18:28 -0700

--===============0221034655331707619==

--001a1146f5d8707d33053d971090

I painted the vinyl softtop cover of the Stag with black vinyl paint.In
places the paint ran. Can I use wet and dry to sand it down without any
issues?

Sujit

-- 
Sujit Roy, Realtor
Cupertino, CA
(408) 839-8359

--001a1146f5d8707d33053d971090
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>I painted the vinyl softtop cover of the Stag with bl=
ack vinyl paint.In places the paint ran. Can=C2=A0I use wet and dry to sand=
 it down without any issues?</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Sujit<=
br clear=3D"all"><br>-- <br></div><div class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smart=
mail=3D"gmail_signature">Sujit Roy, Realtor<br>Cupertino, CA<br>(408) 839-8=
359<br><br></div>
</div>

--001a1146f5d8707d33053d971090--

--===============0221034655331707619==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0221034655331707619==--

---

From: Hoyt Duff <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 11:52:05 -0400

>  I painted the vinyl softtop cover of the Stag with black vinyl paint.In places the paint ran.
> Can I use wet and dry to sand it down without any issues?

You could try to carefully shave off the runs with a razor blade or
sand them off with very fine sandpaper, but the surface will look
different. Proper surface prep (the vinyl paint mfg. would know best)
and a light re-coating should do OK.

-- 
Hoyt