Subject: [TR] Stag Stuck in Gear!

From: "Lee&John Howard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 13:37:23 -0700

--===============4240031057565417850==

--001a114dde3eb2c8d2053c7db4e1

The Stag is in the paint shop for the finishing touches, and while moving
the car about the shifter jammed up somewhere between reverse and neutral.
The clutch seems operative because when depressed the car will roll. Any
ideas as to how to pop the tranny into neutral? The old-timee shop owner
suggests starting the car then pushing it hard and releasing the clutch.
Or, perhaps the clutch needs just a little more throw, with adjustment at
the lever?

This is particularly frustrating and surprising because the transmission
was lovely and smooth - better than any TR i've ever owned.
Thanks for your help

John Howard

--001a114dde3eb2c8d2053c7db4e1

<div dir="ltr"><div>The Stag is in the paint shop for the finishing touches, and while 
moving the car about the shifter jammed up somewhere between reverse and
 neutral. The clutch seems operative because when depressed the car will
 roll. Any ideas as to how to pop the tranny into neutral?  The 
old-timee shop owner suggests starting the car then pushing it hard  and
 releasing the clutch. Or, perhaps the clutch needs just a little more 
throw, with adjustment at the lever?<br>
<br>
This is particularly frustrating and surprising because the transmission
 was lovely and smooth - better than any TR i&#39;ve ever owned.<br>
Thanks for your help<br><br></div>John Howard<br><div><br>
</div></div>

--001a114dde3eb2c8d2053c7db4e1--

--===============4240031057565417850==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4240031057565417850==--