Subject: Re: [TR] Stuck distributor

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 23:12:49 -0500

A friend asked me to look at his car today, poor running after he replaced the module in his Mallory distributor. While I know nothing about electronic ignition, I understand Lucas, a quick look with a strobe showed it running about 25 degrees ATDC at 1000rpm.  I suspect a small difference in the placement of the sensor in the module. 

Thinking this is a simple fix the loosen the hold-down plate and reset the dizzy, I could not budge it.  I didn't want to use any tool to force it as I am worried about the aluminium body.   

Any tips on how to safely get an aluminium dizzy out of a cast iron block?  Soaking with Liquid Wrench has not helped yet, maybe tomorrow.  

All comments appreciated,
Bill B
TS30800L

Sent from my Altair 8800

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 08:44:38 -0500

A friend asked me to look at his car today, poor running after he replaced
the module in his Mallory distributor. While I know nothing about electronic
ignition, I understand Lucas, a quick look with a strobe showed it running
about 25 degrees ATDC at 1000rpm.  I suspect a small difference in the
placement of the sensor in the module. 

Thinking this is a simple fix the loosen the hold-down plate and reset the
dizzy, I could not budge it.  I didn't want to use any tool to force it as I
am worried about the aluminium body.   

Any tips on how to safely get an aluminium dizzy out of a cast iron block?
Soaking with Liquid Wrench has not helped yet, maybe tomorrow.  

Sent from my Altair 8800