Subject: [TR] New Alternator - Stag

From: "Lee&John Howard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 07:12:16 -0700

--===============8482968763041920389==

--001a1142ede2b70b92053bd764b9

I just swapped in an new Delco style 71273 unit. It fits easily on the LH
side and actually provides more belt adjustment room. Two problems, however:

1. I don't have the insulating plug so my wire connectors go directly to
the blades on the unit. I've used #10 wire, which worked fine on the old
Lucas 18ACR. Now, however, that wire gets very hot, and think it might be
good idea to put a fuse in that run, which goes directly from alternator to
starter. I suppose the higher amperage requires a heavier wire.

2. The new unit makes a loud  unacceptable whistle when running up to 3M
RPMs or so. I've tired different belt tensions to no effect.  Can I expect
this to dissipate with usage?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

John Howard

--001a1142ede2b70b92053bd764b9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div><div><div>I just swapped in an new Delco style 7=
1273 unit. It fits easily on the LH side and actually provides more belt ad=
justment room. Two problems, however:<br><br></div>1. I don&#39;t have the =
insulating plug so my wire connectors go directly to the blades on the unit=
. I&#39;ve used #10 wire, which worked fine on the old Lucas 18ACR. Now, ho=
wever, that wire gets very hot, and think it might be good idea to put a fu=
se in that run, which goes directly from alternator to starter. I suppose t=
he higher amperage requires a heavier wire. <br><br></div>2. The new unit m=
akes a loud=C2=A0 unacceptable whistle when running up to 3M RPMs or so. I&=
#39;ve tired different belt tensions to no effect.=C2=A0 Can I expect this =
to dissipate with usage? <br><br></div>Any thoughts greatly appreciated.<br=
><br></div>John Howard<br><div><div><div><div><br></div></div></div></div><=
/div>

--001a1142ede2b70b92053bd764b9--

--===============8482968763041920389==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8482968763041920389==--

---

From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 07:59:48 -0400

--===============3119626621705701148==
	boundary="----=_Part_119525_506722991.1473335988356"

------=_Part_119525_506722991.1473335988356
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Indeed.  Many years ago when I was working in HVAC I was trying to calculate air flow temperature changes based on a coil rated at some value (eg: 22 MBTU/Hr) and my calculations kept coming out way out of the realm of reality.  By a factor of 1000.  Then I realized that the "M" stood for Mille (1000 in Latin).  Remember the Mille Miglia is a race of 1000 miles, not 1,000,000 miles.  I think that by the end of a million mile race all the spectators will have gone home.

So when does "M" mean 1,000 and when does it mean 1,000,000?  The answer to that is the same as it is to most of life's questions: "It depends."  For example, how big is a barrel?  Answer: It depends.  A barrel of beer is 31 gallons.  In the US.  In Brittan it is 43 gallons (US).  But most fluid barrels are half a hogshead (31.5 US gallons).  And a barrel of oil is 42 US gallons.

Context is everything.

BTW, how much is a buttload?  Two hogsheads.  Look it up.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Porter <[email-masked]>
To: triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thu, Sep 8, 2016 2:30 am
Subject: Re: [TR] New Alternator - Stag

On 9/7/2016 6:45 AM, Chad wrote:
> K is for 000   M is for 000 000
>

Umm, not exactly.  In the UK and some of the commonwealth countries, M 
is traditionally and colloquially used for thousands, because it's 
derived from the Latin numeral for one thousand.  Kilo (or K) is the 
prefix typically used in more recent scientific notation, taken from 
Greek (and initially adopted by the French circa early 19th century as a 
means of standardization of measurement, on which the ISO gram-meter 
system is based).   It's also common in the UK to hear "thousand 
million," rather than "billion,"  probably for the same reason--there 
was no Latin equivalent for billion.  In Latin numeracy, a million was 
the largest denomination, and was represented by an 'M' with a bar over 
it, the bar representing "times 1000."

That's roughly the etymology of it as I've been able to gather over the 
years.

Cheers.

-- 

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....

------=_Part_119525_506722991.1473335988356
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='4' face='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'><font size="4">Indeed.&nbsp; Many years ago when I was working in HVAC I was trying to calculate air flow temperature changes based on a coil rated at some value (eg: 22 MBTU/Hr) and my calculations kept coming out way out of the realm of </font><font size="4">reality.&nbsp; By a factor of 1000.&nbsp; Then I realized that the "M" stood for Mille (1000 in Latin).&nbsp; Remember the Mille Miglia is a race of 1000 miles, not 1,000,000 miles.&nbsp; I think that by the end of a million mile race all the spectators will have gone home.<br>
<br>
So when does "M" mean 1,000 and when does it mean 1,000,000?&nbsp; The answer to that is the same as it is to most of life's questions: "It depends."&nbsp; For example, how big is a barrel?&nbsp; Answer: It depends.&nbsp; A barrel of beer is 31 gallons.&nbsp; In the US.&nbsp; In Brittan it is 43 gallons (US).&nbsp; But most fluid barrels are half a hogshead (31.5 US gallons).&nbsp; And a barrel of oil is 42 US gallons.<br>
<br>
Context is everything.<br>
<br>
BTW, how much is a buttload?&nbsp; Two hogsheads.&nbsp; Look it up.<br>
</font>
<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div style="clear:both"><font size="4">Dave Massey</font><br>

<br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original Message-----<br>

From: Michael Porter &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

To: triumphs &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

Sent: Thu, Sep 8, 2016 2:30 am<br>

Subject: Re: [TR] New Alternator - Stag<br>

<br>

On 9/7/2016 6:45 AM, Chad wrote:<br>

&gt; K is for 000   M is for 000 000<br>

&gt;<br>

<br>

Umm, not exactly.  In the UK and some of the commonwealth countries, M <br>

is traditionally and colloquially used for thousands, because it's <br>

derived from the Latin numeral for one thousand.  Kilo (or K) is the <br>

prefix typically used in more recent scientific notation, taken from <br>

Greek (and initially adopted by the French circa early 19th century as a <br>

means of standardization of measurement, on which the ISO gram-meter <br>

system is based).   It's also common in the UK to hear "thousand <br>

million," rather than "billion,"  probably for the same reason--there <br>

was no Latin equivalent for billion.  In Latin numeracy, a million was <br>

the largest denomination, and was represented by an 'M' with a bar over <br>

it, the bar representing "times 1000."<br>

<br>

That's roughly the etymology of it as I've been able to gather over the <br>

years.<br>

<br>

<br>

Cheers.<br>

<br>

-- <br>

<br>

<br>

Michael Porter<br>

Roswell, NM<br>

<br>

<br>

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

** <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **<br>

<br>

Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>

Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>

</div>

</font>
------=_Part_119525_506722991.1473335988356--

--===============3119626621705701148==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3119626621705701148==--

---

From: Mark Hooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2016 12:31:00 -0400

--===============5413050946828519153==

--7520871-18467-1473352282-0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

This discussion reminds me of the note going around about 20 or so years ag=
o claiming to follow modern satellite design back through car lane/tunnel d=
imensions, railway guages, coverered wagons, roman roads and eventually arr=
ived at the wheel separation of a Hittite war chariot. Not sure how real it=
 was, but a good read.
=20
Mark Hooper
1972 TR6

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Thursday, September 8, 2016 8:00 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] New Alternator - Stag

Indeed.  Many years ago when I was working in HVAC I was trying to calculat=
e air flow temperature changes based on a coil rated at some value (eg: 22 =
MBTU/Hr) and my calculations kept coming out way out of the realm of realit=
y.  By a factor of 1000.  Then I realized that the "M" stood for Mille (100=
0 in Latin).  Remember the Mille Miglia is a race of 1000 miles, not 1,000,=
000 miles.  I think that by the end of a million mile race all the spectato=
rs will have gone home.

So when does "M" mean 1,000 and when does it mean 1,000,000?  The answer to=
 that is the same as it is to most of life's questions: "It depends."  For =
example, how big is a barrel?  Answer: It depends.  A barrel of beer is 31 =
gallons.  In the US.  In Brittan it is 43 gallons (US).  But most fluid bar=
rels are half a hogshead (31.5 US gallons).  And a barrel of oil is 42 US g=
allons.

Context is everything.

Dave Massey

--7520871-18467-1473352282-0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.10586.545"></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><SPAN class=3D708062616-08092016><FONT color=3D=
#0000ff=20
size=3D2 face=3DArial>This discussion reminds me of the note going around a=
bout 20=20
or so years ago claiming to follow modern satellite design back through=20
car&nbsp;lane/tunnel dimensions, railway guages, coverered wagons, roman ro=
ads=20
and eventually arrived at the wheel separation of a Hittite war chariot. No=
t=20
sure how real it was, but a good read.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><SPAN class=3D708062616-08092016><FONT color=3D=
#0000ff=20
size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><SPAN class=3D708062616-08092016><FONT color=3D=
#0000ff=20
size=3D2 face=3DArial>Mark Hooper</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><SPAN class=3D708062616-08092016><FONT color=3D=
#0000ff=20
size=3D2 face=3DArial>1972 TR6</FONT></SPAN></DIV><BR>
<DIV lang=3Den-us class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft>
<HR tabIndex=3D-1>
<FONT size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><B>From:</B> Triumphs=20
[mailto:[email-masked]] <B>On Behalf Of=20
</B>Dave<BR><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, September 8, 2016 8:00 AM<BR><B>To:</B>=
=20
[email-masked]; [email-masked]<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: [TR] New=
=20
Alternator - Stag<BR></FONT><BR></DIV>
<DIV></DIV><FONT color=3Dblack size=3D4 face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, sans-seri=
f"><FONT=20
size=3D4>Indeed.&nbsp; Many years ago when I was working in HVAC I was tryi=
ng to=20
calculate air flow temperature changes based on a coil rated at some value =
(eg:=20
22 MBTU/Hr) and my calculations kept coming out way out of the realm of=20
</FONT><FONT size=3D4>reality.&nbsp; By a factor of 1000.&nbsp; Then I real=
ized=20
that the "M" stood for Mille (1000 in Latin).&nbsp; Remember the Mille Migl=
ia is=20
a race of 1000 miles, not 1,000,000 miles.&nbsp; I think that by the end of=
 a=20
million mile race all the spectators will have gone home.<BR><BR>So when do=
es=20
"M" mean 1,000 and when does it mean 1,000,000?&nbsp; The answer to that is=
 the=20
same as it is to most of life's questions: "It depends."&nbsp; For example,=
 how=20
big is a barrel?&nbsp; Answer: It depends.&nbsp; A barrel of beer is 31=20
gallons.&nbsp; In the US.&nbsp; In Brittan it is 43 gallons (US).&nbsp; But=
 most=20
fluid barrels are half a hogshead (31.5 US gallons).&nbsp; And a barrel of =
oil=20
is 42 US gallons.<BR><BR>Context is everything.<BR><BR>BTW, how much is a=
=20
buttload?&nbsp; Two hogsheads.&nbsp; Look it up.<BR></FONT>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV style=3D"CLEAR: both"><FONT size=3D4>Dave Massey</FONT><BR><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML=

--7520871-18467-1473352282-0--

--===============5413050946828519153==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5413050946828519153==--

---

From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 18:08:44 -0400

--===============7683345887002451326==
	boundary="----=_Part_115611_1330556539.1473372524396"

------=_Part_115611_1330556539.1473372524396
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

As is so often the case with things that are arbitrary, the trail frequently leads back to some decision made by some anonymous person at some point lost to history who had no idea the ramifications this would lead to.

BTW, the version I remember is that that wheel separation was driven by how close you can run two horses side-by-side.

;-)

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Hooper <[email-masked]>
To: 'Dave' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thu, Sep 8, 2016 11:31 am
Subject: RE: [TR] New Alternator - Stag

This discussion reminds me of the note going around about 20 or so years ago claiming to follow modern satellite design back through car lane/tunnel dimensions, railway guages, coverered wagons, roman roads and eventually arrived at the wheel separation of a Hittite war chariot. Not sure how real it was, but a good read.
 
Mark Hooper
1972 TR6

Context is everything.

Dave Massey

------=_Part_115611_1330556539.1473372524396
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='4' face='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'>
<font size="4">As is so often the case with things that are arbitrary, the trail frequently leads back to some decision made by some anonymous person at some point lost to history who had no idea the ramifications this would lead to.<br>
<br>
BTW, the version I remember is that that wheel separation was driven by how close you can run two horses side-by-side.<br>
<br>
;-)<br>
</font>

<div> <br>

</div>

<br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

From: Mark Hooper &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

To: 'Dave' &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; [email-masked]' &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; [email-masked]' &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

Sent: Thu, Sep 8, 2016 11:31 am<br>

Subject: RE: [TR] New Alternator - Stag<br>

<br>

<div id="AOLMsgPart_2_13c94ec3-38a6-4d6b-97f9-eb3e4f9383dd">

<div class="aolReplacedBody">

<div dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="708062616-08092016"><font face="Arial" color="#0000ff" size="2">This discussion reminds me of the note going around about 20 
or so years ago claiming to follow modern satellite design back through 
car&nbsp;lane/tunnel dimensions, railway guages, coverered wagons, roman roads 
and eventually arrived at the wheel separation of a Hittite war chariot. Not 
sure how real it was, but a good read.</font></span></div>

<div dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="708062616-08092016"><font face="Arial" color="#0000ff" size="2"></font></span>&nbsp;</div>

<div dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="708062616-08092016"><font face="Arial" color="#0000ff" size="2">Mark Hooper</font></span></div>

<div dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="708062616-08092016"><font face="Arial" color="#0000ff" size="2">1972 TR6</font></span></div>

<br>

<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" dir="ltr" align="left" lang="en-us">
<hr>
<font face="Tahoma" size="2"><b>From:</b> Triumphs 
[<a removedlink__9462cfec-335f-445f-abb3-1ce3e492ffc1__href="mailto:[email-masked]?">mailto:[email-masked]</a>] <b>On Behalf Of 
</b>Dave<br>

<b>Sent:</b> Thursday, September 8, 2016 8:00 AM<br>

<b>To:</b> 
<a removedlink__9462cfec-335f-445f-abb3-1ce3e492ffc1__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>; <a removedlink__9462cfec-335f-445f-abb3-1ce3e492ffc1__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>

<b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] New 
Alternator - Stag<br>

</font><br>

</div>

<div></div>

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="black" size="4"><font size="4">Indeed.&nbsp; Many years ago when I was working in HVAC I was trying to 
calculate air flow temperature changes based on a coil rated at some value (eg: 
22 MBTU/Hr) and my calculations kept coming out way out of the realm of 
</font><font size="4">reality.&nbsp; By a factor of 1000.&nbsp; Then I realized 
that the "M" stood for Mille (1000 in Latin).&nbsp; Remember the Mille Miglia is 
a race of 1000 miles, not 1,000,000 miles.&nbsp; I think that by the end of a 
million mile race all the spectators will have gone home.<br>

<br>

So when does 
"M" mean 1,000 and when does it mean 1,000,000?&nbsp; The answer to that is the 
same as it is to most of life's questions: "It depends."&nbsp; For example, how 
big is a barrel?&nbsp; Answer: It depends.&nbsp; A barrel of beer is 31 
gallons.&nbsp; In the US.&nbsp; In Brittan it is 43 gallons (US).&nbsp; But most 
fluid barrels are half a hogshead (31.5 US gallons).&nbsp; And a barrel of oil 
is 42 US gallons.<br>

<br>

<br>

BTW, how much is a 
buttload?&nbsp; Two hogsheads.&nbsp; Look it up.<br>

</font>

<div><br>

</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div style="CLEAR: both"><font size="4">Dave Massey</font><br>

<br>

</div>

<div><font color="#0000ff" size="2"></font>&nbsp;</div>

</font>
</div>

</div>

</div>

</font>
------=_Part_115611_1330556539.1473372524396--

--===============7683345887002451326==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7683345887002451326==--

---

From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 18:12:30 -0400

--===============6850794033174542955==
	boundary="----=_Part_115669_13102068.1473372750179"

------=_Part_115669_13102068.1473372750179
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Not so sure.  I have heard, but not verified, that in GB a Billion is a Million Million which is why they refer to 10^9 as a Thousand Million.  Perhaps some of our British compatriots can confirm or deny this.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
To: triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thu, Sep 8, 2016 3:07 pm
Subject: Re: [TR] New Alternator - Stag

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 3:49 AM, Anthony Rhodes <[email-masked]> wrote:

Now the letters are determined by the Greek  ( or is it Latin?) designation: kilo,mega, giga, micro, nano, etc and sometimes to keep it clear, you also have to use the Greek letter, such as for "micro".

At least we finally agreed on how much is a billion.  That only took a century or two to settle.

Geo

------=_Part_115669_13102068.1473372750179
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='4' face='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'><font size="4">Not so sure.&nbsp; I have heard, but not verified, that in GB a Billion is a Million Million which is why they refer to 10^9 as a Thousand Million.&nbsp; Perhaps some of our British compatriots can confirm or deny this.</font>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

From: Geo Hahn &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

Sent: Thu, Sep 8, 2016 3:07 pm<br>

<br>

<div id="AOLMsgPart_1.2_4d7a5189-e9b9-45a6-9498-2a7315d11604">

<div dir="ltr"><br>

<div class="gmail_extra"><br>

<div class="gmail_quote">On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 3:49 AM, Anthony Rhodes <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a target="_blank" removedlink__f9b2b340-bd0a-4145-a62d-b9c4ef1b40e2__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;padding-left:1ex;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-width:1px;border-left-style:solid">
Now the letters are determined by the Greek&nbsp; ( or is it Latin?) designation: kilo,mega, giga, micro, nano, etc and sometimes to keep it clear, you also have to use the Greek letter, such as for "micro".<br>

</blockquote>

<div><br>

</div>

<div>At least we finally agreed on how much is a billion.&nbsp; That only took a century or two to settle.</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div>Geo</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

<br>

** <a removedlink__f9b2b340-bd0a-4145-a62d-b9c4ef1b40e2__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **<br>

<br>

Archive: <a removedlink__f9b2b340-bd0a-4145-a62d-b9c4ef1b40e2__href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>

Forums: <a removedlink__f9b2b340-bd0a-4145-a62d-b9c4ef1b40e2__href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>

</div>

</font>
------=_Part_115669_13102068.1473372750179--

--===============6850794033174542955==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6850794033174542955==--

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 15:20:38 -0700

--===============6437193564185976716==

--001a113cf3c08524c8053c0670f6

They are with us (with the US if you will):

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/words/how-many-is-a-billion

First we (Americans) took the language of Shakespeare, then we made our
own, now we are willing to share it with the world.

Geo

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Dave <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Not so sure.  I have heard, but not verified, that in GB a Billion is a
> Million Million which is why they refer to 10^9 as a Thousand Million.
> Perhaps some of our British compatriots can confirm or deny this.
>
>
> Dave Massey
>
>
>
>> Now the letters are determined by the Greek  ( or is it Latin?)
>> designation: kilo,mega, giga, micro, nano, etc and sometimes to keep it
>> clear, you also have to use the Greek letter, such as for "micro".
>>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
> options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

--001a113cf3c08524c8053c0670f6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>They are with us (with the US if you will):</div><div=
><br></div><div><a href=3D"http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/words/how-m=
any-is-a-billion">http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/words/how-many-is-a-=
billion</a></div><div><br></div><div>First we (Americans) took the language=
 of Shakespeare, then we made our own, now we are willing to share it with =
the world.</div><div><br></div><div>Geo</div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extr=
a"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Dave <spa=
n dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">d=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote=
" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><=
font color=3D"black" face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=3D"4"><font=
 size=3D"4">Not so sure.=C2=A0 I have heard, but not verified, that in GB a=
 Billion is a Million Million which is why they refer to 10^9 as a Thousand=
 Million.=C2=A0 Perhaps some of our British compatriots can confirm or deny=
 this.</font>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div style=3D"clear:both"><font size=3D"4">Dave Massey</font><br>

<br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div style=3D"color:black;font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt">-----=
Original Message-----<br>

From: Geo Hahn &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank=
">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>

To: triumphs &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blan=
k">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>

<br>

<div>

<div>

<div dir=3D"ltr"><br>

<div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br>

<div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 3:49 AM, Anthony Rhodes <=
span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a>[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>

<div>=C2=A0</div>

<blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;padding=
-left:1ex;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-width:1px;border-l=
eft-style:solid">
Now the letters are determined by the Greek=C2=A0 ( or is it Latin?) design=
ation: kilo,mega, giga, micro, nano, etc and sometimes to keep it clear, yo=
u also have to use the Greek letter, such as for &quot;micro&quot;.<br>

</blockquote>

<div><br>

</div>

<div>At least we finally agreed on how much is a billion.=C2=A0 That only t=
ook a century or two to settle.</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div>Geo</div>

<div>=C2=A0</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

<br>

** <a>[email-masked]</a> **<br>

<br>

Archive: <a>http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>

Forums: <a>http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>

dave1massey@<wbr>cs.com</a><br>

</div>

</font></blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a113cf3c08524c8053c0670f6--

--===============6437193564185976716==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6437193564185976716==--

---

From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 19:34:40 -0400

--===============6615431464497651056==
	boundary="----=_Part_137610_1634776469.1473377680494"

------=_Part_137610_1634776469.1473377680494
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

So, it has become a lot easier to be a Billionaire in the UK now.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
To: Dave <[email-masked]>
Cc: Triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thu, Sep 8, 2016 5:20 pm
Subject: Re: [TR] New Alternator - Stag

First we (Americans) took the language of Shakespeare, then we made our own, now we are willing to share it with the world.

Geo

 

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
To: triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thu, Sep 8, 2016 3:07 pm
Subject: Re: [TR] New Alternator - Stag

Geo

------=_Part_137610_1634776469.1473377680494
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='4' face='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'><font size="4">So, it has become a lot easier to be a Billionaire in the UK now.</font>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

To: Dave &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

Cc: Triumphs &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

Sent: Thu, Sep 8, 2016 5:20 pm<br>

<br>

<div id="AOLMsgPart_2_535ccd56-f1f7-4375-8799-df7c8fb637c1">

<div dir="ltr">

<div>They are with us (with the US if you will):</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div><a target="_blank" href="http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/words/how-many-is-a-billion">http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/words/how-many-is-a-billion</a></div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div>First we (Americans) took the language of Shakespeare, then we made our own, now we are willing to share it with the world.</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div>Geo</div>

</div>

<div class="gmail_quote">On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Dave <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a target="_blank" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>

<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="black" size="4"><font size="4">Not so sure.&nbsp; I have heard, but not verified, that in GB a Billion is a Million Million which is why they refer to 10^9 as a Thousand Million.&nbsp; Perhaps some of our British compatriots can confirm or deny this.</font>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div style="color:black;font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt">-----Original Message-----<br>

From: Geo Hahn &lt;<a target="_blank" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>

To: triumphs &lt;<a target="_blank" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>

<br>

<div>

<div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>

<div class="gmail_quote">On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 3:49 AM, Anthony Rhodes <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a>[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

</blockquote>

<div><br>

</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div>Geo</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

<br>

<br>

</div>

</font></blockquote></div>

<br>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</font>
------=_Part_137610_1634776469.1473377680494--

--===============6615431464497651056==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6615431464497651056==--