Subject: Re: [TR] Fw: Capacitor Battery Replacement

From: ptegler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2016 01:54:26 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2226658527679001373==
 boundary=------------13357CF7797F0F295B66AFF9

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------13357CF7797F0F295B66AFF9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

:-)  the point wasn't that it couldn't work....  do you drive your car 
every day? At least once every 4 days?

ALL caps self discharge. Personally I just think it's too dangerous. 
with nearly no internal resistance...yes...no heat build up due to 
internal resistance for high amp outputs) but it also means all that 
power can discharge so rapidly it can melt wires.  A short or high 
resistance across a bad contact and you've got big problems.  IF, and I 
say IF it were ...I'll call it consumer safe.... don't you think auto 
manufactires would already be all over it?

To this day I live with an electrical burn from a 1.5 second contact 
with a 6 cell (7.2V) nickel cadium battery across my stainless steel 
watchband. It turmed it cherry red and melted the clasp into the skin 
right at the tendon. It took nearly two years for the square 'melt' 
after the band was surgically removed. ... to flatten out. The scar is 
still easily visible 20 years later. Testing shows those old RC car 
battery packs can output a 1200amp spike for roughly 6 seconds.

Now NI-Cads are in the .2 ohm internal resistance range. (a Lead acid 
around 2-4 ohms) LIthium poly and lithium ion, (laptops cell phones and 
VAPE industry are around .07 (+/-)   My 3.7 (full charge at 4.2V) can 
sustain a 30 amp output for 6 minutes....for something the size of your 
thumb ( a very fat AA cell)  I never did a full power dump, as they have 
a negative temperature coefficient. (thermal runnaway ...hence the 
laptop fires)  Super caps have roughly a 0.07 milliohm (0.00007 ohms) 
output resistance. Basically you can vaporize pennies! (yes... BTDT)

jfft

ptegler

On 9/2/2016 7:07 PM, dave n wrote:
> here’s a video for you naysayers
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3x_kYq3mHM
>
>
> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 
Paul Tegler [email-masked] www.teglerizer.com

--------------13357CF7797F0F295B66AFF9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>:-)  the point wasn't that it couldn't work....  do you drive
      your car every day? At least once every 4 days?</p>
    <p>ALL caps self discharge. Personally I just think it's too
      dangerous. with nearly no internal resistance...yes...no heat
      build up due to internal resistance for high amp outputs) but it
      also means all that power can discharge so rapidly it can melt
      wires.  A short or high resistance across a bad contact and you've
      got big problems.  IF, and I say IF it were ...I'll call it
      consumer safe.... don't you think auto manufactires would already
      be all over it? <br>
    </p>
    <p>To this day I live with an electrical burn from a 1.5 second
      contact with a 6 cell (7.2V) nickel cadium battery across my
      stainless steel watchband. It turmed it cherry red and melted the
      clasp into the skin right at the tendon. It took nearly two years
      for the square 'melt' after the band was surgically removed. ...
      to flatten out. The scar is still easily visible 20 years later.
      Testing shows those old RC car battery packs can output a 1200amp
      spike for roughly 6 seconds.<br>
    </p>
    <p>Now NI-Cads are in the .2 ohm internal resistance range. (a Lead
      acid around 2-4 ohms) LIthium poly and lithium ion, (laptops cell
      phones and VAPE industry are around .07 (+/-)   My 3.7 (full
      charge at 4.2V) can sustain a 30 amp output for 6 minutes....for
      something the size of your thumb ( a very fat AA cell)  I never
      did a full power dump, as they have a negative temperature
      coefficient. (thermal runnaway ...hence the laptop fires)  Super
      caps have roughly a 0.07 milliohm (0.00007 ohms) output
      resistance. Basically you can vaporize pennies! (yes... BTDT)</p>
    <p>jfft<br>
    </p>
    <p>ptegler<br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 9/2/2016 7:07 PM, dave n wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:B145B88B9B80450BBBAE47FC5CAEF321@Accord"
      type="cite">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR:
          #000000">
          <div>here’s a video for you naysayers</div>
          <div style="FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none;
            FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;; FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
            COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline">
            <div dir="ltr">
              <div> </div>
              <div><a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3x_kYq3mHM">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3x_kYq3mHM</a><br>
              </div>
              <div>
                <div> </div>
                <div>
                  <div class="gmail_signature"> </div>
                </div>
              </div>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">
** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      Paul Tegler
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.teglerizer.com">www.teglerizer.com</a>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------13357CF7797F0F295B66AFF9--

--===============2226658527679001373==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2226658527679001373==--

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 06:27:56 -0700

--===============1108855255138309885==

--001a113acc58433900053b9a6a93
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

It does start his car.  So would one of these...

http://tinyurl.com/zrrt5dk

If you're convinced it replaces a usual automotive battery in daily service
then by all means try it (carefully).

Geo

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 4:07 PM, dave n <[email-masked]> wrote:

> here=E2=80=99s a video for you naysayers
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dz3x_kYq3mHM
>
>
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
> options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>
>

--001a113acc58433900053b9a6a93
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>It does start his car.=C2=A0 So would one of these...=
</div><div><br></div><div><a href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/zrrt5dk">http://tin=
yurl.com/zrrt5dk</a></div><div><br></div><div>If you&#39;re convinced it re=
places a usual automotive battery in daily service then by all means try it=
 (carefully).</div><div><br></div><div>Geo<br></div><div><br></div></div><d=
iv class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Fri, Sep 2, 2016=
 at 4:07 PM, dave n <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
m" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote =
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid=
;padding-left:1ex">
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;;font-size:10pt=
">
<div>here=E2=80=99s a video for you naysayers</div>
<div style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;;font-size:sm=
all;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:none;display:inlin=
e">
<div style=3D"font:10pt/normal tahoma;font-size-adjust:none;font-stretch:no=
rmal"></div>
<div style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;;font-size:sm=
all;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:none;display:inlin=
e"></div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div><font face=3D"Arial" size=3D"2"></font>=C2=A0</div>
<div><a href=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dz3x_kYq3mHM" target=3D"_b=
lank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?<wbr>v=3Dz3x_kYq3mHM</a><br></div>
<div>
<div><font face=3D"Arial" size=3D"2"></font>=C2=A0</div>
<div>
<div>=C2=A0</div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>
<br><br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> *=
*<br>
<br>
=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/donate.<wbr>html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"n=
oreferrer">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nor=
eferrer">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
hs/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/<wbr>options/triumphs/ahwahneetr@<wbr>gmail.com</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a113acc58433900053b9a6a93--

--===============1108855255138309885==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1108855255138309885==--

---

From: ptegler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2016 11:27:36 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7079331796287293908==
 boundary=------------3CC8988AA81D89594993EEE2

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------3CC8988AA81D89594993EEE2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

yes...  These are lipo and or li-ion batteries as I described before. 
High capacity high current discharge capable.

I'm thinking they must be li-ion as polys are not supposed to be left 
fully charged for long periods of time (fire hazard)

ptegler

On 9/3/2016 9:27 AM, Geo Hahn wrote:
> If you're convinced it replaces a usual automotive battery in daily 
> service then by all means try it (carefully).
>
> Geo
>
>
> On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 4:07 PM, dave n <[email-masked] 
>
>     <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3x_kYq3mHM>
>
>
>
>     <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>     <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]>
>
>
>
>

--------------3CC8988AA81D89594993EEE2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>yes...  These are lipo and or li-ion batteries as I described
      before. High capacity high current discharge capable.</p>
    <p>I'm thinking they must be li-ion as polys are not supposed to be
      left fully charged for long periods of time (fire hazard)<br>
    </p>
    ptegler<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 9/3/2016 9:27 AM, Geo Hahn wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div>It does start his car.  So would one of these...</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div><a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://tinyurl.com/zrrt5dk">http://tinyurl.com/zrrt5dk</a></div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>If you're convinced it replaces a usual automotive battery
          in daily service then by all means try it (carefully).</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Geo<br>
        </div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <div class="gmail_extra"><br>
        <div class="gmail_quote">On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 4:07 PM, dave n
          <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span>
          wrote:<br>
          <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
            <div dir="ltr">
              <div dir="ltr">
                <div
                  style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;;font-size:10pt">
                  <div>here’s a video for you naysayers</div>
                  <div
style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;;font-size:small;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:none;display:inline">
                    <div dir="ltr">
                      <div> </div>
                      <div><a moz-do-not-send="true"
                          href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3x_kYq3mHM"
                          target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?<wbr>v=z3x_kYq3mHM</a><br>
                      </div>
                      <div>
                        <div> </div>
                        <div>
                          <div> </div>
                        </div>
                      </div>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </div>
            </div>
            <br>
            <br>
            ** <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
            **<br>
            <br>
            Donate: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank"
              rel="noreferrer">http://www.team.net/donate.<wbr>html</a><br>
            Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank"
              rel="noreferrer">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
            Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank"
              rel="noreferrer">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
            Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]"
              target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">http://autox.team.net/mailman/<wbr>options/triumphs/ahwahneetr@<wbr>gmail.com</a><br>
            <br>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
        <br>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">
** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

--------------3CC8988AA81D89594993EEE2--

--===============7079331796287293908==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7079331796287293908==--