Subject: [Tigers] Temp Gauge Reading High

From: gharlowe--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2025 17:21:53 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8105598093990132031==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01DC12C0.18123720"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01DC12C0.18123720
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hey all -

It's been quiet here so hoping to T-up an easy discussion.  

My temp gauge is reading about 25 degrees high.   I noticed it after a shop
installed a new clutch, which required the engine to be removed, coolant
drained, etc., but nothing that should have affected how the gauge reads.
Running on a cool day, temps were reading around 215-220 degrees.  To ensure
I wasn't actually in danger of overheating, I checked various water-cooled
locations with an infrared thermometer.   Highest reading was right at the
water neck/thermostat housing (191 deg F).   The fuel gauge is reading
accurately.  I understand the under-dash instrument stabilizer can affect
both instruments, but in this case, only one gauge is off.  I plan to check
the ground to the temp gauge and clean contact points at the engine sending
unit and at the gauge.   Any other suggestions?  

Thanks and I hope all is well out there!

Graham Harlowe

B382001466

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01DC12C0.18123720
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Hey all =
&#8211;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>It&#8217;s been quiet =
here so hoping to T-up an easy discussion.&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>My temp gauge is =
reading about 25 degrees high.&nbsp; &nbsp;I noticed it after a shop =
installed a new clutch, which required the engine to be removed, coolant =
drained, etc., but nothing that should have affected how the gauge =
reads.&nbsp; Running on a cool day, temps were reading around 215-220 =
degrees.&nbsp; To ensure I wasn&#8217;t actually in danger of =
overheating, I checked various water-cooled locations with an infrared =
thermometer.&nbsp;&nbsp; Highest reading was right at the water =
neck/thermostat housing (191 deg F).&nbsp;&nbsp; The fuel gauge is =
reading accurately.&nbsp; I understand the under-dash instrument =
stabilizer can affect both instruments, but in this case, only one gauge =
is off.&nbsp; I plan to check the ground to the temp gauge and clean =
contact points at the engine sending unit and at the gauge.&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Any other suggestions?&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Thanks and I hope all =
is well out there!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Graham =
Harlowe<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>B382001466<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body><=
/html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01DC12C0.18123720--

--===============8105598093990132031==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============8105598093990132031==--